Manchester City F.C.

HBK

The King

Passend dazu:

The chief of the Premier League says he would be willing to subject Manchester City owner Thaksin Shinawatra to the fit and proper person test.

Thaksin faces corruption charges in Thailand and a warrant was issued for his arrest after he failed to appear in court in Bangkok on Monday.

Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore said: "If we feel the rule has been breached, we will invoke it.

"(But) we have a club owner who has not yet been found guilty of any offence."

The test was introduced to ensure that only "fit and proper people" are owners or directors of Premier League clubs.

It states that "any director of a club is automatically disqualified if convicted of one of a number of offences by a 'competent court' anywhere in the world."

Thaksin is currently facing charges of corruption and abuse of power in Thailand, which he has denied.

Scudamore added: "We will not turn a blind eye to issues of a serious nature (but) it is quite a complex matter and we can't just make a judgement on the spot."

He also said the league would seek advice from the UK Home Office and Foreign Office before making any decision.

Thaksin's wife, Pojaman, was sentenced to three years in jail for tax fraud two weeks ago but was granted bail.

The couple fled to Britain on Sunday after watching the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games in Beijing.

The Thai government could ask for Britain to extradite Thaksin so he can face trial in Bangkok.

The two countries have a long-standing extradition treaty and Thailand's democratic government is recognised by Britain.

BBC

Schwirrt auf diversen Boards herum, kA, was man davon halten soll:

"I'm sorry to say this, as a life long fan and - for the last few (for me at least) unforgettable months - employee, MCFC as we know it is finished. Here are the FACTS, for those who really want to know. Thaksin is, as of midlnight 10th August, 2008, an international fugitive.

He now has to be found guilty of corruption in Thailand in his absense, offering no defence. Extradition requests will surely follow. The PL will then have to find him short of the fit and proper ownership rules (and believe me, the pressure for that from fellow 'members' has been growing since June).

Thaksin is trying to palm off City onto whoever will now take it, an insolvent mess of a business, completely incapable of sustaining itself. The truth is that the only interested party (until recently) - Wardle - is not now able to bail City out now , he cant come close on his own and no partners have been found. The wage bioll and committments due on the last 2 years' transfers have spiralled out of control.

The Corluka affair is the last straw - I personally worked on the deal and can assure anyone interested that he has already been transferred to Spurs. Spurs have this evening started legal action, and he will be barred from playing for City following an injunction in the courts tomorrow.

Personally I expect Hughes to then resign on principal (he has no choice now, he is on record as saying that he will have final say on all transfers). Many wont believe any of this, but a few will.

I am very close to this situation (readers will never know who I am or how close - a few would know my name but it isnt appropriate to for me to come 'out') - trust me, I am close enough to know what has happeneded in the last fortnight, I am pissed off with it (as a fan, and as someone who has worked hard for the club durinig the ast 18 months or so) and it must be said, a little drunk.

I am posting this message on a few sites - apologies for those that keep reading it, but I want City fans to know what is happening. The sad truth is we are finished, and that as a result, the PL will be facing its biggest challenge since inception within 2 weeks of now."

Große Probleme bekommt City dann, wenn Thaksins Konten wirklich eingefroren wären und die Banken somit keine Garantieren mehr haben, ihr Geld zurückzubekommen. City hat anscheinend massive (:lol:) Schulden, wenn die nicht mehr bezahlt werden können, gibts wohl gröbere Probleme...

Emergency loan raises doubts over Thaksin’s future and City’s finances

Oliver Kay

Doubts about the future of Thaksin Shinawatra at Manchester City grew last night when it emerged that John Wardle, the former chairman, was required to lend the club £2 million last month so that staff could be paid. Thaksin created more unwanted headlines yesterday when he arrived in London seeking political asylum, having refused to attend the start of a corruption trial in his native Thailand, but his fragile grip on affairs at City appears weaker than ever after the latest revelations surrounding his unstable regime.

Wardle, who preceded Thaksin as chairman, resigned from the board last month in despair at the way that the club was being run, but before doing so, he loaned City £2 million to ensure that staff would be paid. He has since been repaid in full, with all staff having received their wages, but the club’s apparent need to accept his offer of a short-term loan suggests that City’s financial position is even more parlous than recent revelations had suggested.

Thaksin won instant popularity among City’s supporters a year ago when, having bought the club, he immediately sanctioned £40 million-worth of new signings, such as Vedran Corluka, Martin Petrov and Elano, but it has now emerged that, with little of the money paid up front, the outstanding payments on those deals are restricting activity in the transfer market under Mark Hughes, the new manager. The £18 million deal to sign Jô, the Brazil forward, from CSKA Moscow earlier this summer was similarly structured and, in the meantime, Hughes has clashed with Paul Aldridge, the club’s new chief operating officer, over transfer policy.

Hughes and Aldridge are now working together to try to secure at least two signings before the transfer window closes on August 31, but there are serious and growing concerns about the cashflow situation at the club. For the past year, Thaksin has been working on the basis that he will be able to bankroll the club once he gets his hands on £800 million of his assets, which are frozen in Thailand, but, as the former Prime Minister continues his battle against the authorities in Bangkok, his prospects of gaining access to that money appear more remote than ever.

Thaksin had been due to appear at the Supreme Court in Bangkok yesterday morning to face corruption charges relating to a land deal that was completed before he was ousted as Prime Minister in a coup in 2006. Instead, he flew to London from Beijing, where he attended the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games, claiming that the charges against him were motivated by “efforts to get rid of me from politics” and that his political enemies “don’t care about the rule of law, facts or internationally recognised due processes”.

Thaksin hopes to be granted asylum in Britain, but he is no longer guaranteed the support of the Premier League, which has been monitoring his trials and tribulations with interest. Thaksin passed their much-maligned “fit and proper person” test when he bought the club last summer, but he would lose that status if found guilty of corruption charges, in which case he could be forced to resign as a director, to cease active involvement in the running of the club or even, in the most extreme case, to sell the club.

City also face the threat of legal action from Tottenham Hotspur after pulling out of an £8 million deal that was to result in Corluka, the Croatia defender, moving to White Hart Lane. Tottenham claim that the deal was done on Sunday, having submitted the transfer documents to the Premier League, but City maintain that they were within their rights to terminate the deal after the player’s apparent change of heart.

City have also moved to play down the tensions that arose between Hughes and Aldridge at the weekend, saying that Stephen Ireland’s initial failure to report for a pre-season friendly against AC Milan on Saturday was because of a breakdown in communication rather than being as a consequence of Sunderland’s reported interest in the midfield playe

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle4510636.ece

Als United-Fan sollte man darüber zwar alles andere als lachen (bei einem Schuldenberg von £700m), aber bei Thaksin kann ich mir ein Lächeln nicht verkneifen...

bearbeitet von Starostyak

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

mein neues Zuhause

edit

Große Probleme bekommt City dann, wenn Thaksins Konten wirklich eingefroren wären und die Banken somit keine Garantieren mehr haben, ihr Geld zurückzubekommen. City hat anscheinend massive ( :lol: ) Schulden, wenn die nicht mehr bezahlt werden können, gibts wohl gröbere Probleme...

die Konten in Thailand wurden alle schon gestern oder vorgestern eingefroren laut Financial Times

bearbeitet von +[Jogi]+

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

• 2 weeks later...
The King
Middle-East company claims to have completed a takeover of Premier League side Manchester City.

Abu Dhabi United Group Investment and Development Limited says it has bought the club from Thaksin Shinawatra.

"The investment services and development in Abu Dhabi has successfully completed the huge takeover," its statement read.

City have said discussions are ongoing and BBC Sport understands Thaksin is eager to retain an interest in City.

Ah ned schlecht :lol:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Anfänger
Ein Investmentunternehmen aus dem Scheichtum Abu Dhabi am Persischen Golf, die "Abu Dhabi United Group for Development and Investment" (ADUG), übernahm den Premier-League-Club.

Der bisherige Besitzer, der frühere thailändische Premierminister Thaksin Shinawatra, habe den Club für rund 150 Millionen Pfund (185 Millionen Euro) verkauft, berichtete die Zeitung "Manchester Evening News" auf ihrer Website.

Quelle:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

HALA MADRID

und robinho ist auch schon da...

Das muss aber eine schnelle Aktion gewesen sein. Denn vor kurzen hätten sie sich nicht amal einen Wallner leisten können :=

Und Robinho denkt auch nur lieber ans Geld als an die Möglichkeit bei einem echten Topklub wie Chelsea zu spielen :nein:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag