Liverpool FC - "You'll never walk alone...!!!

Bunter Hund im ASB

hmm die tevez gerüchte wollen nicht abreissen. 20 mio pfund sollen im raum stehen. ich weiss nicht, ich finde er ist vom spielertyp kuyt zu ähnlich. ein richtiger strafraumstürmer wäre mmn besser!

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Chi se ne frega!

Sicher, ein klassischer Knipser wir Huntelaar wäre wohl sinnvoller, aber Tevez ist sicher einer der den Reds noch mehr Offensivoptionen geben würde, und Tore machen kann er auch!

Und bevor man einen B-Knipser kauft, dann lieber Tevez! :)

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Walk like an Egyptian

hmm die tevez gerüchte wollen nicht abreissen. 20 mio pfund sollen im raum stehen. ich weiss nicht, ich finde er ist vom spielertyp kuyt zu ähnlich. ein richtiger strafraumstürmer wäre mmn besser!

Schon eine irre Summe die da im Raum steht... 8P Ein Bent ist z.B. um € 15 Mio. zu haben und würde uns als Strafraumstürmer sicher gut zu Gesicht stehen. Ich sehe in Tevez eher einen Spielertypen wie Bellamy...sollte der Argentinier tatsächlich kommen, dann sind wohl CB's Tage bei den Reds gezählt... :wos?:

bearbeitet von goleador2000

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Chi se ne frega!

Schon eine irre Summe die da im Raum steht... 8P Ein Bent ist z.B. um € 15 Mio. zu haben und würde uns als Strafraumstürmer sicher gut zu Gesicht stehen. Ich sehe in Tevez eher einen Spielertypen wie Bellamy...sollte der Argentinier tatsächlich kommen, dann sind wohl CB's Tage bei den Reds gezählt... :wos?:

Von mir aus gerne, Tevez ist mMn eine Klasse besser als Bellamy!

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Pass And Move - It's The Liverpool Groove
I am not lucky enough to be on my way to Athens to see the final chapter in Liverpool Football Club's Champions League adventure, and so I have been shopping for the exact same tins of lager as I was drinking almost two years ago. Back then my daughter was only fifteen months old and fast asleep in her bedroom immediately above the television. As a result of this I defected to the garden shed for the final, knowing full well that were I to remain in the house, my poor daughter would stand no chance of sleeping should The Reds triumph. It turned out to be a wise course of action.

So with superstition paramount, it will be back to the shed once more on Wednesday night with the aforementioned beer not forgetting the same fold out camping chair. It reminds me of watching our first ever victory in the competition back in 1977. Back then I watched the final from Rome on a black and white portable TV in my bedroom. Don’t get me wrong, I am not about to reel off some hard luck story of poverty and hardship, in fact my dad was watching the same game downstairs in full colour. I’m not sure why I watched it on my own in black and white when colour was available, it can only have been the novelty of our recently purchased portable telly. But the thought of Rome ’77 on the said portable was what I clung to as embarrassment loomed at half time in Istanbul.

Back then there was no real debate as to the make up of the Liverpool team. The formation was even more certain. As the build up to the Olympic Stadium showdown continues, no one really knows exactly who will make the starting eleven or what the master tactician Benitez has in store.

Will we line up with a four, four two formation? I suspect it may be five in midfield that is preferred. Benitez will no doubt, quite rightly, be wary of the Milan midfield and perhaps most significantly that Kaka tends to run from deeper areas. With that in mind I feel the Spaniard will err on the cautious side. The make up of the midfield is open for debate of course, unlike the back five which will surely be Reina, Finnan, Carragher, Agger and Riise.

We will, I believe, see Mascherano at the heart of things for Liverpool. At such a young age, he has to be Benitez’s most shrewd buy to date and will easily be up to the standard of quality for such a big game. The same is also true of all of the other options available to commence battle alongside the Argentinean. Alonso, Sissoko and of course Gerrard all have the pedigree. Not my choice, but we could see all four of these midfielders with Stevie G out on the right; able to drift where he pleases provided the shape is maintained when defending. I would prefer to see Pennant out on the right and think he has done enough lately to convince us that he can be effective in the final. That would leave Gerrard free to drift, but in a more damaging central position where it will be easier for him to have an influence. Alonso would be my choice to sit alongside Mascherano. He has a cooler head and his use of the ball is better than Momo Sissoko’s. This will be a game like all European games where possession is vital.

My next selection may be slightly controversial and probably even more unpopular. Harry Kewell is not everyone’s favourite, but is a must for this game. In his time at Anfield I think we have seen very little of a truly fit Kewell. It is then that we see the real contribution he can make. Too many have judged the Aussie on his performances when only 70 or 80 percent fit and as my father has always, and quite rightly told me, you cannot give an honest account of yourself if you are not fully fit. Kewell finally came back into the reckoning for The Reds with only three games to go and looks leaner than ever in a Liverpool shirt. Zenden is reportedly injured and let’s be honest; Gonzalez has failed to look confident against the likes of Watford. No disrespect to the relegated Hornets, but A.C. Milan they are not.

So all that remains is who we shall see up front? If Kewell and Pennant play, it has to be Crouch. If Gerrard is out wide perhaps Kuyt will be preferred as the two seem to have developed an understanding. Either way I think Bellamy must be saved for an appearance later on. Partly down to the fact that he has been somewhat disappointing this term, but also due to Benitez’s belief that substitutes should make an impact. Bellamy’s pace will be a factor later on against an ageing defence. If the manager goes with two up then Crouch and Kuyt it will be.

It would be great to see Liverpool go out to really attack Milan with four at the back, Kewell, Mascherano, Gerrard and Pennant in the middle and Crouch and Kuyt up front. Benitez though, as I have already mentioned, is cautious. We have to trust him as his European record so far is up there with the best. I hope we see Kewell and Pennant with Crouch in attack, then Alonso and Mascherano providing a foundation for Gerrard to get involved centrally. The line up I expect we will see is Reina, Finnan, Carragher, Agger, Riise, Kewell, Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard, Pennant and Crouch or Kuyt.

I shall be off now to see what price Liverpool are to win on penalties and whilst I’m at it perhaps a double with the final, and therefore winning penalty to be scored by one Robert Bernard Fowler.

Come on you MIGHTY Reds!!

© Jim Brown 2007

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Pass And Move - It's The Liverpool Groove
Liverpool profit will service new owners' loan

· Hicks compares fans to consumers of Weetabix

· Deal similar to Glazers' takeover at Old Trafford

Lawrence Donegan in Dallas

Tuesday May 22, 2007

The Guardian

Liverpool's preparations for tomorrow night's Champions League final in Athens against Milan took an embarrassing detour last night when the American owner Tom Hicks compared his recent purchase of the storied Anfield club to a previous business deal which saw him buy the breakfast cereal company Weetabix. In an exclusive interview with the Guardian, the billionaire Texan also confirmed for the first time that the club's profits would be used to meet the interest payments on the loan that enabled him and his partner, George Gillett, to buy the club - a business model similar to the controversial deal allowing the Glazer family to take control of Manchester United.

In contrast to the Glazers, Hicks and Gillett have been welcomed with open arms in England after taking over at Anfield. The pair paid £178m for the club, borrowed from the Royal Bank of Scotland, with interest payments on the loan amounting to over £21m a year. "Hopefully the club will have extra cash flow so they can pay us a dividend to do that," Hicks said when asked how the cost of the loan would be met. "If they don't, then it will come from our pockets. But the club will have to have profits sufficient to pay those dividends."

Responding to the suggestion this was the same kind of financial arrangement that incensed critics of the Glazers, Hicks was both candid and unrepentant. "When I was in the leverage buy-out business we bought Weetabix and we leveraged it up to make our return. You could say that anyone who was eating Weetabix was paying for our purchase of Weetabix. It was just business. It is the same for Liverpool; revenues come in from whatever source and go out to whatever source and, if there is money left over, it is profit," he said.

Hicks, who will be in Athens to watch his team take on Milan, was equally candid about the way the Glazers went about their takeover at Old Trafford, describing it as a "blueprint of what not to do", even if it eased their own move into English football.

"They were the first," he said. "There were fans who honestly believed that, if an American owner came in and borrowed some of the purchase price, it could be the end of the club's success. I think things changed when people saw that the Glazers didn't necessarily turn out to be the end of Manchester football." Hicks, who made his fortune buying and selling companies around the globe, currently owns two American sports teams, the Dallas Stars ice hockey team and baseball's Texas Rangers.

He described his first two months in charge at Anfield as a "honeymoon". Since taking over he has attended three of Liverpool's matches, away to West Ham and the two home European ties against Barcelona and Chelsea. "I also went to a game at Arsenal. They have enthusiastic fans but it wasn't like at Liverpool. They don't have the Kop - the ardent passion, the songs, the chants, the cheers. The level [of noise] at the Barça match was amazing but at the Chelsea game it was at another level altogether."

Hicks has enjoyed mixed fortunes with his American sports teams, with the Dallas Stars winning ice hockey's ultimate prize, the Stanley Cup. The Texas Rangers, on the other hand, have not finished higher than third in their four-team division since 2000 and are currently mired at the base of the American League West.

In the circumstances it is scarcely any wonder Hicks is delighted to see Liverpool progress to tomorrow night's final, although he admitted he could not take any of the credit for the team's success. "I feel kind of guilty. It's like buying a baseball team a month before they go to the world series. I had nothing to do with it but I'm going to enjoy it," he said.

Vielleicht gibt das ja einigen/einem hier zu denken.

bearbeitet von ianrush

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Walk like an Egyptian
It would be great to see Liverpool go out to really attack Milan with four at the back, Kewell, Mascherano, Gerrard and Pennant in the middle and Crouch and Kuyt up front. Benitez though, as I have already mentioned, is cautious. We have to trust him as his European record so far is up there with the best. I hope we see Kewell and Pennant with Crouch in attack, then Alonso and Mascherano providing a foundation for Gerrard to get involved centrally. The line up I expect we will see is Reina, Finnan, Carragher, Agger, Riise, Kewell, Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard, Pennant and Crouch or Kuyt.

Ich glaube Rafa bleibt beim 4-4-2 und wird unsere Reds in dieser Starting XI aufs Feld schicken: :ears:

Crouch - Kuyt

Kewell - Mascherano - Xabi Alonso - Gerrard ©

Riise - Agger - Carragher - Finnan

Reina

Subs: Dudek, Arbeloa, Hyypia, Pennant, Zenden, Bellamy, Fowler

Gerrard auf rechts ? Ja. Damit würde er einem Duell mit Gattuso aus dem Weg gehen. Ambrosini ist sicher nicht so stark wie er. Gerrard könnte auch immer wieder in die Mitte ziehen und Finnan aufschließen und gefährlich flanken. Falls es nicht entsprechend für uns läuft, dann würde ich Stevie ins Zentrum stellen und Xabi Alonso oder Mascherano opfern und mit Pennant einen winger bringen...auch Bellamy könnte als Sub eine gute Rolle gegen die alternde, anfällige Abwehr des AC Milan spielen - im Finish könnte er mit seiner Schnelligkeit eine gute Waffe für uns sein... :smoke:

:support: WE WILL WIN IT 6 TIMES

LIVERPOOL FC - SUPPORT & BELIEVE

IN RAFA WE TRUST :)

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Bunter Hund im ASB

Vielleicht gibt das ja einigen/einem hier zu denken.

ahm laut meinen bescheidenen englischkenntnissen steht in diesem artikel nur drinnen, dass mit dem vermeindlichen gewinn, die zinsen/das darlehen abbezahlt wird. sollte der gewinn zu niedrig sein, wird aus eigener tasche bezahlt, richtig soweit? was genau ist daran nun soo schlimm? :ratlos:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Walk like an Egyptian

Weil ichs grad in Goleadors Aufstellung seh, ist es wahrscheinlich, dass Kewell ( :love::love::love: ) heute wirklich von beginn an spielt?

Noch wurde die Starting XI nicht preisgegeben :nervoes: - Harry Kewell wäre übrigens der 27. Spieler, der in dieser CL-Saison für die Reds auflaufen würde. Ich hoffe nach wie vor der Aussie verstärkt heute statt Zenden unser linkes Mf... :smoke:

:support: Kenny Dalglish is our king,

Robbie Fowler was our jewel.

But the legend in the making,

is only HARRY KEWELL !!! :love:

LFC-TV huldigt schon vor dem Spiel die tollen internat. Saisonleistungen unserer 26 Europacup-Helden: :clap:

SALUTE TO 26 REDS HEROES :allaaah:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag