Liverpool FC - "You'll never walk alone...!!!

Pass And Move - It's The Liverpool Groove

4.45pm

Liverpool tie up Gerrard and Carragher futures

'Hopefully over the next four years we can deliver a lot more trophies'

Staff and agencies

Monday June 4, 2007

Guardian Unlimited

Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher

"How much did they offer you, then?" Photograph: Clive Brunskill/Getty Images

Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher have signed new contracts with Liverpool, which will keep the pair at the club until at least 2011.

"I'm really pleased. The negotiations have gone really smoothly," said Gerrard today. "Although they have been spoken about for a couple of weeks, I think it's happened pretty quickly. I'm just pleased to get it out of the way and we look forward to next season now. Hopefully over the next four years we can deliver a lot more trophies."

"Obviously we are both local lads and I've always said I wanted to stay here for the rest of my career," added Carragher. "Hopefully I've got one more [contract] left in me that will take me until the end of my career."

Gerrard indicated that the Premiership is the club's biggest target over the next few years. "I don't see why we can't go from strength to strength and win a load more trophies, not just the Premiership but more cups as well. Having said that, we can't get away from the fact that the Premiership is the one we want."

The pair have spent their entire professional careers at Anfield and Rafael Benítez and American owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks have all stated their desire to tie the homegrown pair to long-term deals. There was speculation that Gerrard would leave Liverpool for Chelsea in 2005, but he signed a new contract that summer after the side lifted the Champions League trophy in Istanbul.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

ASB-Legende

Also schau'n mer mal, wie der Herr Obergescheit aus Bayern zu sagen pflegt...so unrealistisch wie Du sehe ich einen Transfer-Deal zwischen Barca und Liverpool keineswegs... :winke:

Solange Laporta Präsident ist geht Sammy nirgendwo hin. Tut mir leid, aber da müssts euch schon an anderen Objekten versuchen.

Sissoko + Cash?

Find Sissoko für 17Mio. einfach zu viel... und Sammy ist unbezahlbar.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Walk like an Egyptian
Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher have signed new contracts with Liverpool, which will keep the pair at the club until at least 2011.

:support: YES ! YES! YES! :clap:

Ich bin sehr erfreut, dass man Stevie Gerrard und Jamie Carragher langfristig an den Verein binden konnte, da die beiden die für mich wichtigsten Spieler der Mannschaft sind. Die beiden sind immer mit Herz und Leidenschaft für den Verein dabei und verkörpern wahre LFC-Heros und sind lokale Spielergrössen deren Wort in der Mannschaft auf und außerhalb des Platzes großes Gewicht hat. :yes: Carragher macht hinten mit Agger die Abwehr dicht und hat sich unter Rafa zu einem grossartigen Abwehrchef entwickelt. Über "Captain Fantastic" Stevie Gerrard, braucht man als LFC-Fan sowieso nicht viel sagen. Stevie G. verkörpert für mich mit seinen 27 Jahren absolute Weltklasse im Mittelfeld und ist als Allroundspieler enorm wertvoll und wichtig. Er ist Führungsspieler, Leader, Vorbereiter und Vollstrecker, der Kopf der Mannschaft - einfach unersetzbar für L'Pool. :allaaah:

Egal wieviel man den beiden zahlt. Beide sind jeden penny ihres Gehaltes wert und ich freue mich sie zumindest weitere 4 Jahre beim LFC spielen zu sehen !!! :happy:

bearbeitet von goleador2000

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Walk like an Egyptian

Aber zurück zu den Neuverpflichtungen! Wo bleibt Tevez??? :hammer:

Nur Geduld, Junge 8P ...in Spanien ist noch nicht mal die Meisterschaft beendet...ich denke so ca. in 3-4 Wochen (also Anfang-Mitte Juli) können wir mit ersten spektakulären Neuverpflichtungen bzw. Verstärkungen rechnen und wissen schon mehr darüber wie die Mannschaft 2007/08 in etwa aussehen wird... :ears:

Rafa gets to work on new signings

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez believes securing Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher on new long-term contracts will help him persuade his top transfer targets to move to Anfield.

Captain Gerrard and stalwart defender Carragher agreed deals on Monday which commit them to the Champions League finalists until 2011.

And with the futures of his two key players secure, Benitez will now turn his attention to strengthening his squad elsewhere.

'I think these deals send out a key message as we enter a crucial period,' said the Spaniard. 'Other players will look at Stevie and Carra committing their future to Liverpool and understand this means we are determined to progress on the pitch.

'When we talk to players we'd like to sign for this club, we can point to the fact they will be playing alongside the likes of Stevie and Carra.

'Now these two deals are complete, we need to continue working on bringing in new players and keeping the ones we already have.'

Benitez is chasing several foreign players, reportedly including Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o and Lyon winger Florent Malouda.

The Reds boss added: 'New contracts for Stevie and Carra are two very important deals because they are about safeguarding the future of this club.

'They both wanted to stay. They have a passion for this club and you can see that in the way they play. They are 100 per cent committed to Liverpool and now they can be 100 per cent focused on their futures at Anfield.'

Chief executive Rick Parry was also delighted with the news and promised fans there would be good news on the transfer front sooner rather than later.

'It was a priority for us to get two of our most important players, two local players, signed up to new contracts,' he explained.

'It's a very positive statement we feel and sends out an important message. There's a lot of work - an awful lot of work - going on in the background.

'It's important we get the right players and there will be a lot of activity at the club to come - but we're delighted to see Steven and Jamie sign these contracts.

www.metro.co.uk

Wie man sieht wird in den nächsten Wochen auf Rafa, seine Scouts und unser Management sehr viel Arbeit in punkto Vertragsgespräche bzw. Überzeugungsarbeit um einen Spieler zu uns zu lotsen, zukommen. Die Transferziele sollten größtenteils abgesteckt sein. Jetzt ist kluges Handeln und ein kühler Kopf gefragt...Rafa muß die RICHTIGEN Spieler holen und Gut Ding braucht bekanntlich Weile... :smoke:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Walk like an Egyptian

Steht Florent Malouda kurz vor einem Wechsel zu L'Pool ??? :augenbrauen:

Liverpool lure Malouda to Anfield

Liverpool look to have pulled off a major transfer coup by beating Chelsea in the race for Florent Malouda. The French footballer of the year indicated yesterday that he is ready to accept a £10m move to Anfield. And that will come as a major blow to Jose Mourinho, who orchestrated a late campaign to tempt the Lyon midfielder away from the Merseyside club.

(David Maddock, Daily Mirror)

malouda.jpg:super:

Ich hoffe der Deal mit dem franz. Flügelspieler klappt. Wäre ein Supereinkauf für L'Pool !!! :clap:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

¿Por Qué?

Abwarten, mein Freund... ;)

Barcelona will Henry :augenbrauen: und braucht unbedingt noch eine Verstärkung fürs ZM/DM (Sissoko ?). Liverpool wiederum braucht einen Knipser und Eto'o wäre einem Wechsel in die PL (insbes. zum LFC) lt. mehrfacher positiver Aussagen sicher nicht abgeneigt...Ist Eto'o weg, wäre der Weg für Henry frei... :smoke:

Also schau'n mer mal, wie der Herr Obergescheit aus Bayern zu sagen pflegt...so unrealistisch wie Du sehe ich einen Transfer-Deal zwischen Barca und Liverpool keineswegs... :winke:

Welch riesige Überraschung: Eto’o no se mueve del Barça

War ja auch irrsinnig realistisch. :RiedWachler:

bearbeitet von Jordi

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Pass And Move - It's The Liverpool Groove
ALONSO SIGNS FOR FIVE MORE YEARS

Paul Eaton 08 June 2007

liverpoolfc.tv

Xabi Alonso has become the fourth Liverpool player this week to sign a new contract at Anfield after penning a deal which will keep him at the club until 2012.

With Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher and Pepe Reina already signed up on long term deals, Alonso's decision to resist offers from abroad is another major boost for manager Rafael Benitez as he plans for the future.

"I knew there was interest from other clubs but it was always my idea to stay here," said Alonso. "I have been here for three seasons now and have such special feelings for the club and the supporters. I understand what Liverpool FC means to so many people. It is such a special club and I just didn't want to leave.

"We agreed that the talks would take place after the Champions League final and, to be honest, in the end it was a simple decision for me because I could see right away that the attitude of the club towards me was spot on. I greatly appreciate all the hard work that Rick Parry has put in on this contract and the faith that Rafa Benitez has shown in me. We all wanted to reach an agreement and we're all happy with the outcome.

"I want to be part of what lies ahead because I know it is going to be exciting. I've signed for another five years and there's no reason why we can't be successful.

"It's also good news to see that other players have signed new contracts this week. Stevie, Carra and Pepe are all big players for us and it's great they have all shown their commitment. I'm sure the manager will be bringing in new players as well and that the new owners will be making a big effort to improve the squad."

After representing his country in Euro 2008 qualifiers over the past week Alonso is now looking forward to a well earned summer break - but he admits he's already dreaming about what next season may hold for the club.

"I'm really excited because I think we can achieve big things," he added. "Hopefully we won't make the same mistakes next season as we did last season and we can win some more games. We want to be challenging for the top teams.

"Even though I'm looking forward to a holiday and a rest I can't wait for next season to begin."

The Spanish midfielder is also relishing the prospect of fighting for his place following Javier Mascherano's successful start to his Liverpool career in the centre of the field.

"It's great to have competition and I am ready to fight for my place," he said. "The more top quality players we have then the better the level of the team will be. I'm confident I can play a lot of minutes on the pitch and keep the confidence of the manager."

:RiedWachler:

bearbeitet von ianrush

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Walk like an Egyptian

Tolle News :)

Nach Stevie und Carra binden wir auch Xabi Alonso und Pepe Reina langfristig an den Club !!! :clap::smoke:

@ Eto'o:

Schade, daß wir ihn nicht bekommen, aber gut er hat noch Vertrag bei Barca, Rijkaard und Co lassen ihn nicht ziehen und daß ist zu akzeptieren. Ich gebe die Hoffnung nicht auf, daß wir ihn irgendwann im Mighty-Reds-Trikot sehen werden...:RiedWachler:

...bin gespannt wer der nächste Wunschstürmer auf Rafas Liste ist...hoffentlich Darren Bent...:augenbrauen:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Weltklassekicker
ich frag mich auch schon die ganze zeit, ob es tatsächlich nicht und nicht langweilig wird, jeden (oder besser JEDEN) spieler auf der welt mit dem eigenen verein in verbindung zu bringen. ist sicher ein spannendes und interessantes hobby, allein, mir fehlt der glaube daran...

Mich amüsiert das gewisse Leute speziell im Liverpool-Thread jedes noch so unnötige Gerücht aufschnappen, ganz egal welcher Quelle es entsprungen ist.

Wenn z.b auf tribalfootball stehn würde das der Papst zu uns wechselt kanns du einen drauf lassen das Goleador Minuten später eine Abhanldung über die Pros und Contras eines solchen Transfers zum besten gegeben hat.

bearbeitet von SpionKop

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

ASB-Halbgott

Ich halte Forlan für ein vielversprechendes Talent, dass unter der starken Hand eines Weltklassetrainers wie Rafa Benitez endgültig den Durchbruch schaffen kann... :smoke:

Außerdem hat Voronin über die ukrainische Tageszeitung Dzerkalo tyžnja verlautbaren lassen, dass er Forlan von der U17-Weltmeisterschaft her kennen würde und ihn seither eine persönliche Freundschaft mit ihm verbindet... :super:

:support: Come on you Reds!

EDITH: :clap:

bearbeitet von Joker

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag