AC MILAN

Chi se ne frega!

Maldini reviews an immense career

Paolo Maldini looks back over his legendary career, the toughest opponent and what his thoughts will be during his final game.

“To be a great defender you need to be attentive and have the physical characteristics of a true athlete, because you will meet forwards who can overpower you and there you’ll need to play with intelligence,” he told Sky Italia.

“I think the absolute best opponent I ever faced was Diego Maradona, although in his first two years at Inter, Ronaldo was also phenomenal.

“I consider my career to be fun, as I cannot see football as work. If it was, I’d have already retired a few years ago.”

This will be Maldini’s final campaign, as he has already announced he will hang up his boots at the end of this season. What does he think his thoughts will be during that final match?

“That I have reached the end of a very long adventure that began when I was very young and ended, in football terms, at the incredible old age of 40.

“I will think of the great fortune I have had in achieving everything in my home town, with my club, having lifted the Champions League trophy like my father did before me and the fact my son is now playing in the Milan youth team.

“I’ll consider all that and think I have been a very lucky man.”

Despite all agreeing Maldini is one of the all-time greatest players, he has never won a trophy with Italy, or the Ballon d’Or.

“I missed out on a win with the Azzurri, but perhaps that wasn’t the time for us. We had many chances and always lost out on penalties,” said the holder of 126 caps.

“The strange thing is I became the captain of the Italy side before I was captain of Milan. I was happy to have more responsibility and was already close to 30, so I felt ready to take on the mantle of Franco Baresi.”

Maldini’s father Cesare went on to become a Coach of both Milan and Italy, but Paolo has already said he will not follow that path.

“There is a big question mark over my future. Those who were great players do not always become great directors.

“I am very open to any proposal and that includes a complete change of scenery. We’ll see what the future holds.”

channel4.com

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

• 2 weeks later...
Chi se ne frega!

Nesta scheint allem Anschein nach wieder fit zu sein, doch seiner eigenen Aussage nach wird es wohl noch nicht für 90 Minuten gegen Sampdoria reichen, demnach könnte es sein, dass er erst am nächsten Spieltag zum Einsatz kommt.

Währenddessen hat sich Ancelotti zu Gourcuff geäußert. Der junge Franzose, er schlägt derzeit bei Bordeaux Wellen, soll nach dem Ende der Saison wieder zurück zu Milan kommen.

Carlo meinte dazu im O-Ton: "Gourcuff ist nächste Saison wieder bei Milan, Sicher!"...

Na da bin ich ja gespannt! :)

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Weltklassecoach

wie schlägt sich eigentlich ronaldinho?

als er noch bei barca war, habe ich ihn sehr bewundert :yes:

auch heute interessiert es mich natürlich noch, was er so treibt, allerdings sehe ich leider nicht viele spiele von milan

würde mich daher interessieren, wie er bis jetzt bei milan spielt

bin zwar statistisch am laufenden, sprich: seine beiden tore gegen sampdoria habe ich registriert, doch ob er wieder zu alter form auflaufen könnte oder wie er mit zB kaka und pato harmoniert weiß ich leider nicht :ratlos:

wenn mir ein paar milan-fans hier ihre meinung dazu kundgeben könnten, wäre ich dankbar :super:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

ASB-Halbgott

MMn war er bei seinen allerersten Auftritten im Milandress (und bei den olympischen Spielen) noch eher in der Form, in der er sich gegen Ende bei Barce präsentiert hat, also Standfußball, zweikampfschwach und höchstens aus Standards gefährlich...

Das Derby war mMn das erste Spiel, wo man eine körperliche Verbesserung auch am Fußballplatz gesehen hat, von der Figur her hat er sich seinen dicken Wanst schon länger wegtrainiert. Dann kam die zweiwöchige Länderspielpause, in der Ronaldinho ja nicht im Kader von Brasilien war und die dürfte weitere Fortschritte gebracht haben. Gegen Samp konnte er in einigen Situationen zeigen, dass er durchaus noch Schnelligkeit und Antrittsstärke besitzt. Als Beispiel sei hier sein Tor zum 2:0 genannt, bei dem er nach einem Sprint über den halben Platz und Doppelpass mit Kaká, genetzt hat. Sein letztes Tor dieser Art dürfte wohl schon ein gutes Jahr her sein...

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Chi se ne frega!

Spielen die noch Fußball oder machen die nur noch Werbung?

Also Ronalödinho ist sicherlich wegen des Fußballs da, bei Beckham bin ich mir da nicht so sicher! :D

Sollte er doch noch was können, dann wäre er eine durchaus willkommene Kaderergänzung, schließlich haben wir dann endlich einen Rechten Flügel, womit wir dann auch ab und an ein 4-2-3-1 praktizieren könnten! :)

Hier übrigens der channe4-Artikel zu Beckham:

Galliani: We've signed Beckham

Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani has announced the signature of David Beckham in the New Year.

Recently there were suggestions that Beckham could train with the Rossoneri at the end of the MLS season to keep himself in shape for England duty.

But as the Rossoneri prepared to leave for Holland to face Heerenveen in the UEFA Cup, Galliani announced that Milan will secure Beckham's signature and add the ex-Manchester United midfielder to their squad for the second half of the season.

"Beckham wants to train and play for Milan," Galliani told the Corriere della Sera.

"We want him and he will arrive in January for the rest of the season.

"It's not just a shop window deal - it's a great deal. He will be available to Carlo Ancelotti for Serie A and the UEFA Cup.

"Football today is about full stadiums and sponsors and superstars like Beckham fill them up. With him, Kaka and Ronaldinho, it will be a dream team."

The deal would be a loan agreement and the 33-year-old would then return to Los Angeles Galaxy.

The news still isn't official but it seems that Beckham could wear the Rossoneri shirt at last.

channel4.com

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag