SK Rapid Wien - Aston Villa FC

captain_hofmann

Anfänger

Hi Rapid Vienna fans!

I'm an Aston Villa supporter and after being present at both games last year, I would just like to say your fans we're the best to visit Villa Park last year. Very loud fans compared to teams like Manchester United who are very quiet in comparison!

Really looking forward to the match on Thursday and if last years fixture/s were anything to go by, this will be yet another fantastic match.

What do you think about the match? How do you fancy your chances? I think it will be a huge test against your team and when we were drawn against you, it was the worst possible outcome! The only good thing to come from being drawn to your team is being able to visit your Vienna! The match itself can go either way!

Do you follow the Premiership? Are Villa well supported in Austria?

Thanks for reading and sorry if any problems are caused!

Regards,

A nervous Villa fan!!!!

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Fußballgott

Hi Rapid Vienna fans!

I'm an Aston Villa supporter and after being present at both games last year, I would just like to say your fans we're the best to visit Villa Park last year. Very loud fans compared to teams like Manchester United who are very quiet in comparison!

Really looking forward to the match on Thursday and if last years fixture/s were anything to go by, this will be yet another fantastic match.

What do you think about the match? How do you fancy your chances? I think it will be a huge test against your team and when we were drawn against you, it was the worst possible outcome! The only good thing to come from being drawn to your team is being able to visit your Vienna! The match itself can go either way!

Regards,

A nervous Villa fan!!!!

Hey ; )

The fans of Rapid are famous for their loud support all over Austria. In Austria, a lot of fans follow the english Premier League, so lots of Rapid-fans do.

I think, there will be two very good matches again, of course Villa is favourite, but in Vienna everything is possible for Rapid.

The Rapid-fans are looking forward for the games against Villa, there will be a perfect mood in the stadium again!

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Mutter aller Probleme

Hi Rapid Vienna fans!

Regards,

A nervous Villa fan!!!!

hi. can only speak for myself.

normally, i would be extremely excited and looking forward to the game. but right now, the transfer-saga of our only in-form striker, Nikica Jelavic, overstresses my nerves.

seriously spoken, i really don´t believe we can beat you this time, because out of 10 games, we might win 2 against a top premier-league side - and one of these wins was already encashed last year.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

ASB-Süchtige(r)

frag mich warum sich soviele vor villa anscheissen sie haben die letzten 18 jahren international nur pleiten erlebt

ja sie haben paar gute einzelspieler mehr auch nicht

ich bleib dabei wir schlagen sie mit 2 toren unterschied

3:1 und das heißt schon was bei mir . bin sehr kritisch aber mein gefühl ist diesmal saugut

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Posting-Pate

Hi Rapid Vienna fans!

Regards,

A nervous Villa fan!!!!

Welcome! :winke:

Well, last year i rated our chances to reach the group stages with 5% or 10% , this year i would guess 10%-15%, just because we "did villa" once before. :D

I mean, from the psychological point of view we've got the better cards, i think.

But it needs two very good days for us to make this wonder happen a second time. the rumours about our striker jelavic (rangers deal or no deal?!"!"? ) are no help in this case, i guess. :knife:

Best luck to you all. Let's see what happens. :=

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Anfänger

Thanks for your replies, I think you have more quality than to worry about Jelavic. If Hoffman plays as good as last year then anything can happen, besides when you have your fans as loud as they are, it more than compensates for Jelavic not being in the starting line-up!

Last year, was pretty evenly matched but this year a few of our younger players are looking very promising! (watch out for Albrighton!) who would you say your key player is for Thursday? Who would be the most dangerous for Villa fans to watch?

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

ASB-Legende

Last year, was pretty evenly matched but this year a few of our younger players are looking very promising! (watch out for Albrighton!) who would you say your key player is for Thursday? Who would be the most dangerous for Villa fans to watch?

Thanks for your replies, I think you have more quality than to worry about Jelavic. If Hoffmann plays as good as last year then anything can happen, besides when you have your fans as loud as they are, it more than compensates for Jelavic not being in the starting line-up!

;)

bearbeitet von narya

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Anfänger

I answered my own question?! :huh?deppat?:

Do you have another individual who could change the game? I think the main player Rapid have to look out for with Villa is Ashley Young, we are playing him in a free role and his movement creates alot of freedom for other midfielders.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

ASB-Legende

Jelavic of course! But I guess you already suspected him to be kind of a threat. :D

Besides Jela and Hofmann there are Saurer and Kavlak - both have good technique and are clever players, both can score from outside the penalty box. They can play practically every position in the midfield. Besides that Kavlak is slightly injured. Salihi is our most dangerous forward, but sadly he still does not work enough and is not as important for the whole buildup like Jela. So I would not expect him to start either.

Concerning the subs I'd suggest you have a look out for Gartler, a forward with brilliant technique who loves to take on his opponents 1on1. Of course that does not work exactly every single time (if only!!) but often he can only be stopped by fouls in a promising distance. And that's the point when our Captain steps in. It's long overdue that he gets a freekick directly in the box. So I quess, that is what is going to happen on thursday - and that's what I'll be on the look out. :)

The most likely starting line in my opinion would be:

Jelavic

Saurer - Hofmann - Kavlak

Heikkinen - Hinum

Kayhan(/Katzer) - Patocka - Sonnleitner - Dober(/Kayhan)

Hedl

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

ASB-Legende

Hehe, when I was a kid I kind of supported them. I liked the name and I had/have a relative in Birmingham. :=

I still think it's a cool club.

One question to you: How is it going with this American owner you've got? Are you facing problems like Liverpool or Manu?

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Anfänger

Our owner is very good. Liverpool's owners have laced the club with debt but Randy Lerner is anything but that. People were quick to blame Lerner for Martin O'Neill walking out on the club but, in essence Martin was always going to walk if he didn't get his way.

Randy Lerner has rebuilt two important local 'landmarks' of the club from his own pocket, spent £200m rebuilding the team and has spent alot of money modernising Villa Park (mosaic's, statues and extensions to the stadia!).

I think as American owners go, we have the best one we could possibly have!

Also thanks for the post narya, very insightful and I'm sure to keep an eye on them.

By the way, if anybody wants a friendly chat over the next few days, we have a forum that you are always welcome to visit. AVFC Forums!

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag