#14 - Dominik Szoboszlai

Banklwärmer

Rossi's (Hungary national coach) statement on Szobo:

Having watched Szoboszlai up close, Rossi says Hungary's brightest youngster has the mental fortitude to deal with the ever-growing hype over his potential.

“Szoboszlai is fortunate to have a family and an agent who follow him and advise him for the best. He is ambitious, but smart and clever.

“So I believe that he does not run any risk of media overexposure. I cannot say with certainty that he is the best young man I have seen in the last 7 years, but what is certain, and what makes the difference, is that he is certainly the one with the strongest personality."

(source: https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/exclusive-coach-rossi-confident-szoboszlai-can-handle-arsenal-juventus-interest-4290744?utm_source%3Dmediafed%26utm_medium%3Drss-feed%26utm_campaign%3DFeed-Latest%2BArticles%2Bfor%2BArsenal#popup-sso)

It seems Rossi has the trust in him. He risked putting an 18 year old into the starting eleven and also giving him shirt no. 10 as he knows he can deal with that pressure.

We will see how it turns out in Salzburg. He will probably have weaker games like last Friday during the season, but that is also true on the rest of the squad. We'll see how Marsch's trust is going to form.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Banklwärmer

There is a lot going on this interview with Domi just after the Chelsea match, but I'm going to try to translate everything that could be interesting:

What do you feel when the match against Chelsea was advertised by you basically?:

Surely it gives you positive energy, but I do not care about that really as you need to prove yourself on the pitch.

How is Salzburg? Is it still interesting enough for you?

Not that much anymore. I still find the city beautiful though and I can still find some interesting places to visit.

You like going out?

I'm really not the guy who likes to go to parties though just when the whole team is going. I have a girlfriend btw whom I want to be with as much as possible.

How is the new coach, Jesse Marsch?

He is completely different type than Marco Rose was and we also play in a different game system with a new team. We still need to get used to this new game plan. Regardles he is a really good person as well as a trainer.

Did you talk to him about your role specifically?

Yes, sure. I can say I should be playing more forward in this season.

What do you think about the upcoming Champions league matches?

I've always dreamed about playing in this leauge and it seems I will have the opportunity to do so.

You have been selected into the top 10 talents at the age of 18 by Transfermarkt. What do you think about that?

That was sent to me by one of my friends. Surely I am amongst great names, but I've been working for this a lot and I hope this is still just the beginning.

Who is the one you can owe your success first of all?

My father. If he is not behind me I would be nowhere.

Are you looking forward to the home game against Slovakia which will be crucial for us to get to the European Championships?

Yes, sure. I already can't wait for the starting whistle. Marek Hamsík was interviewed at the last game whether he knows me or not. He asnwered he doesn't know me at all. Now he will get to know me... (Hamsík was nutmegged by Szobo in the first match btw)

That's it. Cheers.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Sehr bekannt im ASB
Axelsim schrieb vor 6 Stunden:

How is Salzburg? Is it still interesting enough for you?

Not that much anymore. I still find the city beautiful though and I can still find some interesting places to visit.

Either the translation is not good, or Domi is not that clever as he is always said to be. Nobody would answer this question like this:lol:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Banklwärmer
photoelectric schrieb vor 54 Minuten:

Either the translation is not good, or Domi is not that clever as he is always said to be. Nobody would answer this question like this:lol:

Yes that might have been a little bit off in translation. Gonna try again.

So his answer literally: "Not that much anymore. I've been living here for more than 2 years now, so I already know all the interesting places which one should visit. I still find the city beautiful though."

Not the same for sure, so I am the one who was not clever enough, not Domi. :D

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag