1. HNL (Prva Hrvatska Nogometna Liga)

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/spo...suits_sven.html

Cool Corluka suits Sven

Chris Bailey

3/ 9/2007

IT is not often a manager spends £7m on a full-back and then insists he has got a bargain but Sven-Goran Eriksson is one of the exceptions.

The Blues' boss reckons the man occupying the right-back slot for the Blues, 21-year-old Vedran Corluka is a special talent.

And he feels that, along with Richard Dunne and Micah Richards, Corluka forms three-quarters of a back four that could be one of meanest in the Premier League this season.

It took a substantial chunk of Eriksson's transfer budget to lever the Croatian international away from his former club Zagreb and the fact that the boss then handed Corluka a five-year contract says much about how highly the player is rated.

Having featured the opening five league games in Richards' former slot on the right, Corluka was given the opportunity to demonstrate his versatility in the Carling Cup tie at Bristol last midweek where he was shifted into the middle alongside Nedum Onuoha.

Experience

The result was another mature performance that had Eriksson singing the player's praises and wondering just how good the defender might be when he gains more experience of the English game.

"I think that Vedran is a very good centre-half and I was pleased to see him in that role at Bristol," said the Swede who switched the Croat back to the flank for Sunday's game at Blackburn.

"He is not an aggressive type of defender in that central position but is an elegant defender. Despite his age, he knows how to solve problems and reads the game so well.

"Sometimes you look from the touchline and think is he quick or is he not quick because he does only as much as he needs to do to sort out the situation and nothing more.

"Of course, he is another young player who will be a big part of the side as it grows together. I know that he can also play in a holding midfield role and he tells me that in emergencies that Zagreb used to play him up-front too!"

Eriksson likes his defenders to play the ball on the ground whenever possible and sees Corluka, who could be one of the big stumbling blocks facing England as they try to qualify for Euro 2008, as the ideal man to help build attacks from the back.

"I like players who think and are calm in possession and Vedran is one of those," the Swede continued. "I don't like to see us just hitting balls up to the strikers."

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Weltklassecoach

tut corluka auf jeden fall gut mit so einem angesehenen trainer arbeiten zu dürfen. ich glaube er hat sich mit man city auch die richtige mannschaft für den sprung ins ausland ausgesucht. bis jetzt hat er vom hr trio in der pl den besten eindruck hinterlassen

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Weltklassecoach

Kroatien- Estland 2:0

tore: 2 x da silvic

war mehr oder weniger das ewartete spiel. nach dem 2:0 wurden ein gang zurückgescalten und man hat die partie locker runtergespielt.

neben den 2 toren von da silva waren srnas verschossener elfer und rakitics einsatz die highlights des spiels

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Weltklassecoach

kroatien und rumänien sind die 2 derzeit am längsten unbesiegten mannschaften auf der welt :v:

ich traue uns beiden großes zu bei der EM wenn wir uns qualifizieren (da schauts ja für beide gut aus )

hmmm hab ich gar nicht gewusst...................ist ja ne erfreuliche nachricht. glaube auch das bei der wm für beide mannschaften viel drin sein könnte. vor den "grossen" mannschaften europas muss man sich ja momentan auch nciht wirklich fürchten ;)

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag