1. HNL (Prva Hrvatska Nogometna Liga)

Harry: Kranjcar is the top man

Portsmouth have not won at Newcastle for 58 years - but Harry Redknapp is hoping Niko Kranjcar will be the man to change all that on Saturday.

The midfielder has established himself in the Pompey side after an in-and-out first campaign when he joined from Hadjuk Split in August last year.

The 23-year-old is improving game by game and has now enjoyed an unbroken run of four consecutive Premier League matches, his longest at the club.

Redknapp said: "Niko's getting better all the time. He's a good footballer who knows how to play and has great control under pressure. He's a boy with a big future."

Pompey have been playing him on the left side of midfield, the role he plays with Croatia who come to Wembley for England's final qualifier on November 21.

Redknapp revealed: "When I took him I talked to Slaven Bilic, the Croatia coach, who told me Niko was the best talent to come through since their really good team which included the likes of Boban, Prosinecki and Suker in the mid 1990s.

"He's right. Niko has got everything and I'm delighted we've got him and persevered with him after a difficult first season here. Even then you could see he had quality."

Kranjcar has started executing many of Pompey's set-pieces and the swing he can get on on free kicks is sometimes impossible to defend.

He said: "I'm a lot more confident in myself this season. Even the best players in the world can take time to adapt to the Premier League because of the quality of play here and I certainly had to work for it.

"There is a tough match at Newcastle now but our away form is very good and although we had a disappointment in the Carling Cup (on Wednesday) we have not lost our focus and want to make it up to the supporters."

Redknapp's defiant reply to the taunt that Pompey haven't won at St James' Park for more than half a century is: "Records are there to be broken."

He continued: "We've won our last three away games in a row, four if you count Burnley in the Carling Cup, and we're going up there to try to win another one.

"We'll have to quieten the big Geordie crowd but if we can do that early on we are in with a good chance. I've never found it easy up there as a manager and I'm sure this will be no different but we are a good side still despite the midweek defeat."

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Weltklassecoach

bilic hat den kader gg mazedonien und england bekannt gegeben

überraschungen gibt es nicht wirklich

Vratari: Stipe Pletikosa (Spartak), Vedran Runje (Lens) i Mario Galinović (Panathinaikos)

Obrana: Vedran Ćorluka (Manchester City), Dario Šimić (Milan), Josip Šimunić (Hertha BSC), Dino Drpić (Dinamo), Dario Knežević (Livorno), Robert Kovač (Borussia Dortmund) i Hrvoje Vejić (Tomsk)

Vezni red: Niko Kovač (Red Bull Salzburg), Luka Modrić (Dinamo), Darijo Srna (Šahtar), Niko Kranjčar (Portsmouth), Jurica Vranješ (Werder), Marko Babić (Betis), Danijel Pranjić (Herenveen), Ognjen Vukojević (Dinamo) i Ivan Rakitić (Schalke)

Napad: Eduardo (Arsenal), Ivica Olić (HSV), Mladen Petrić (Borussia Dortmund) i Nikola Kalinić (Hajduk)

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Tipps sind schwer, ich verfolge Basel nicht da ihr keinen interessanten Spieler mehr habt :ratlos::finger: außerdem sind Dinamos Europacupspiele sowieso immer schwer einzuschätzen nachdem es in der heimischen Liga weit und breit keine Konkurrenz gibt :ratlos:

Ich tipp mal auf ein 2:1 für Dinamo oder 2:2 und viele Randale :nervoes: Wünsch dir schon mal viel Spaß und bin gespannt wie es dir gefallen wird :yes:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Weltklassecoach

wünsch mir natürlich einen sieg von dinamo, kann aber wie marcelinho die baselelf nicht wirklich einschätzen.

für dinamo wird es vor allem wichtig sein das basel es nicht schafft modric aus dem spiel zu nehmen und das die abwehr keine idiotischen fehler ( so wie in europacupspielen üblich ) fabriziert. in der offensive schätze ich die mannschaft so stark ein das sie gg jeden gruppengegner in der lage sein wird tore zu erzielen.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Gute Nachrichten, im Notfall hätte auch Rakitic einspringen können.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EsYCHEte9Bs Kranjcar wird gelobt!

Kranjcar eyes European tour

NIKO KRANJCAR is convinced the Blues have the talent to secure European football next season.

Harry Redknapp's men today bask in fifth place – just two points off a Champions League spot.

It's been another season of unbelievable progress, which has left them dreaming of booking a European tour once again.

Back in May, a flag brandished by referee's assistant Darren Cann disallowed Kranjcar's 68th-minute effort against Arsenal for offside when his shot appeared to go in off Philippe Senderos.

But the in-form midfielder believes Pompey are better placed this season to ensure the same cruel

fate doesn't befall them again.

He said: 'We will know at the end of the season how good this team really is, but we all hope to make Europe.

'Last year there was only one goal in it – that took Europe away from us and it was so, so disappointing.

'We got so close only for that to happen.

'But we have built on that and strengthened the squad. Now we are even stronger.

'We've spent money on great players and it is our goal.

'The higher the goal is the better it is, and it's up to us to work hard and achieve this thing together.

'We have to believe, that's why we're here, and our belief is this year we can definitely reach Europe.

'It is what we are aiming for, where we as a team want to arrive.

'We're unbeaten in seven league games – that shows we do have the ability and the quality to get that far.

'Now it's up to us to make sure it happens.'

bearbeitet von rahzel

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Weltklassecoach

unglaublich, unpackbar............eigentlich hab ich keine worte :aaarrrggghhh: :aaarrrggghhh:

hätte basel 5 tore bekommen hätten sie sich auch nicht beschweren können.

besonders die chance von sokota in der 1 hz und die von vukojevic in der 90 min..........das war wahrlich pech.

zu basel: also das die so schwach sind hätt ich mir nicht erwartet. da zeigen sogar die gegner in der hnl mehr offensivdrang . einziger spieler der bei basel fussballerisch herausstach: ergic

schade um die 2 verlorenen punkte :heul:

bearbeitet von eastwood

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag