Liverpool FC - "You'll never walk alone...!!!

Pass And Move - It's The Liverpool Groove

Liverpool have secured the transfer of Spanish defender Josemi from Málaga for £2.6million, according to reports in Spain.

Sports daily Diario AS and Málaga paper Diario Sur both report negotiations were concluded late on Friday and suggest the player will now fly to the United States to join the Liverpool's pre-season tour.

The deal - Rafael Benítez's first signing since he took over at Anfield - could involve El-Hadji Diouf moving in the opposite direction on a long-term loan.

Josemi, able to play at right-back and in the centre of defence, said that the move is good news for both clubs. 'Málaga will make some money in what is a great deal and I go to help one of the top clubs in Europe. Their manager is Spanish, which was another reason for me to move.'

Josemi started his career at his home town club Torremolinos before moving down the coast to Málaga as a teenager. He made 37 league appearances last season.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Walk like an Egyptian

Josemi eager to repay Benitez faith

josemi_nf_e.jpg

Der erste Neuzugang unter dem neuen Coach Benitez - der 24jährige spanische Verteidiger José Miguel González Rey "Josemi" wird vom FC Malaga an die Anfield Road wechseln ! :v:

Malaga defender Josemi tonight claimed Rafael Benitez had returned to Spain to make him his first signing since becoming Liverpool manager.

Josemi played in Malaga's friendly against German side Nurnberg last night before negotiations were completed on a deal reported to be worth £2.8million.

The 24-year-old Josemi then left Malaga's pre-season training camp in Switzerland and flew back to Spain, where he described the move to Anfield as 'an offer I couldn't refuse'.

The tough defender, booked 10 times last season, is thought to have agreed a four-year deal and will jet out to the USA to join the Reds on their pre-season tour.

He said: 'I am really happy because this is an unbeatable opportunity. If I was ever going to leave Malaga, it was for something like this.

'Now everybody has to be happy, because it's proud moment for everybody connected with me.

'It was an offer I couldn't refuse. Yesterday I was speaking to Benitez, he has put his faith in me and I will work to make sure things turn out well.'

Josemi, who is able to play at right-back and in the centre of defence, began his career at home-town club Torremolinos before moving along the coast to Malaga as a teenager.

He has since moved through the ranks at La Rosaleda and is now considered a future Spain international.

Josemi had been linked with moves to Real Betis and Atletico Madrid, but after being linked with Malaga's Miguel Angel, Alexis, Juan Calatayud and Josemi, Benitez stepped in to sign the latter.

'I wasn't expecting the move,' admitted Josemi, who could slot in alongside Sami Hyypia at the heart of Liverpool's defence after Benitez warned Barcelona off the Finnish international.

'But this has all happened in two days and everything has worked out in an instant. For me, it's what I've always dreamed about and now I have the chance to play in a big team, I have to take advantage of it.

'I still haven't taken it in and when I get there I will try to adapt bit by bit. I have to adapt well and be patient.'

The move may also see Malaga given the opportunity to land Anfield misfit El Hadji Diouf.

The Senegal international has flopped since his £10m move to Merseyside and former boss Gerard Houllier has labelled him as the biggest disappointment of his reign.

Diouf has not been handed a squad number by Benitez and the Reds flew out to America on tour without the African forward.

Malaga boss Gregorio Manzano is, nevertheless, an admirer of the former Lens man and he may be allowed to take him on loan for the season - with a view to a permanent switch.

The sale of Josemi to Liverpool may yet help Malaga broker a deal for Diouf, but the player is thought to be holding out for a move to Portsmouth instead.

:support: Langsam wurde es mit einer Neuverpflichtung Zeit, aber Gut Ding braucht Weile und der junge spanische Verteidiger dürfte sehr vielversprechend sein - er machte in der abgelaufenen Saison 37 Spiele für den spanischen Erstdivisionär FC Malága und soll beim FC Liverpool mit Sami Hyppiä die neue Innenverteidigung bilden - bin schon sehr gespannt auf ihn !!! :ears:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

let 'em come

Liverpool have signed defender Josemi from Malaga for £2m.

Reds boss Rafael Benitez revealed the news after his side's 5-1 pre-season win over Celtic in the US.

"Josemi signed earlier on Monday," said Benitez. "I know this player and he is good in defence, good in the air and can make this team stronger."

The 24-year-old is understood to have signed a four-year-deal with Liverpool and is Benitez's first signing as manager at the club.

And Benitez hinted there could be more to follow.

"For me it is important that we have good players and it does not matter what nationality they are," added Benitez.

"Perhaps I know the Spanish market better than others but we have good scouts all around the world so if good players become available then we will sign them."

Prior to signing Josemi said: "I am really happy because this is an unbeatable opportunity. If I was ever going to leave Malaga, it was for something like this."

Josemi, real name Jose Miguel Gonzales Rey, began his career at Torremolinos and can play right-back or centre-back.

He added: "I was speaking to Benitez, he has put his faith in me and I will work to make sure things turn out well. It was an offer I couldn't refuse.

"Now everybody has to be happy, because it's a proud moment for everybody connected with me.

"I wasn't expecting the move, but this has all happened in two days and everything has worked out in an instant.

"For me, it's what I've always dreamed about and now I have the chance to play in a big team, I have to take advantage of it.

"I still haven't taken it in and when I get there I will try to adapt bit by bit. I have to adapt well and be patient."

BBC

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Walk like an Egyptian

New boy Cisse scores twice as Liverpool hammer Celtic :clap:

NEW YORK, July 26 (Reuters) - New signing Djibril Cisse scored twice as Liverpool hammered Celtic 5-1 in the Champions World Series in Hartford on Monday.

Celtic, playing their second match in three days, offered little resistance at Connecticut's Rentschler Field.

Liverpool went in front after four minutes thanks to John Arne Riise before England striker Michael Owen added a second goal on 17.

Former AJ Auxerre marksman Cisse, leading scorer in the French Ligue 1 last season, found the net twice in the second half while Swiss international Stephane Henchoz notched his first goal in more than five years with Liverpool.

Craig Beattie replied from the penalty spot for Celtic.

It was the second consecutive defeat for Celtic, who lost their tour opener 4-2 to Chelsea in Seattle on Saturday.

The series features 11 friendly matches at eight venues across the U.S., involving club sides from England, Italy, Scotland, Portugal, Germany and Turkey.

The next match is on Wednesday with Celtic taking on Manchester United in Philadelphia.

:support: Nachdem der FC Wrexham im ersten Freundschaftsspiel der neuen Saison bereits mit 1:2 besiegt werden konnte(der junge Franzose Anthony Le Tallec scorte 2x, soll aber nach Rücksprache mit Benitez ausgeliehen werden um Spielpraxis u. -erfahrung zu sammeln), konnten die Reds auch die Bhoys aus Glasgow deutlich in die Schranken weisen. Die ersten Spiele unter Neo-Coach Benitez lassen sich sehr gut an :super: , freue mich schon auf die neue Saison :teufel:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Pass And Move - It's The Liverpool Groove
Wer hätt' Lust, sich mit mir in den Away-Sektor zu begeben? (GAK - Liverpool)

Schießen wir ihn weg, den GAK! ;)

Also wenn wir an Karten für den Auswärtssektor kommen, dann sicher ! Wenn nicht werd ich mich auch mit einer normalen Karte begnügen, aber nach Graz fahr ich sicher.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Walk like an Egyptian

Interessantes Statement von Neo-Coach Rafa Benitez wie er sich den FC Liverpool in der Saison 2004/05 vorstellt: :eek:

Benitez: No favouritism for Owen

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez today warned that he will not build his team around any single player.

England striker Michael Owen was thought to be a certain starter with Djibril Cisse, Milan Baros and Florent Sinama-Pongolle fighting to play alongside him.

But the demanding Spaniard has warned all his players that their place in his first 11 is not guaranteed.

'I don't want to build my team around Michael Owen,' said Benitez.

'I don't want to build a team just around one player. If Michael is good then he will play but that applies to Pongolle, Cisse and Baros.

'They can play as well in the team so I want to get my team right and then decide what players will start.'

Despite that, Owen has been impressed by the former Valencia manager and he is convinced they will push Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United for silverware this season.

He showed signs that he and Cisse could hit it off in the first half of yesterday's 1-0 defeat to European champions Porto in the Skydome.

It was the first defeat of Benitez's Anfield reign but he and Owen were far from discouraged about the coming months.

The striker said: 'There's no doubt a change in management does spur people on and gives everyone a fresh new start.

'We weren't very close to winning any of the major honours last year so I'm sure we'll be much closer this year.'

Baros also caught the eye after his half-time arrival against the Portuguese outfit and he believes he can start the season in the Liverpool front line.

He said: 'I had a few chances and even though I didn't score I felt that I made a good contribution and again showed the manager what I can do.

'We need a lot of competition for places and I know it's going to be difficult to get in with so many great strikers here. The manager is also going to change things around.

'But I have showed what I can do in Portugal (Euro 2004) and in the pre-season games and I know I am good enough to play for this club.'

Baros' countryman Vladimir Smicer is coming to terms with the news that he will miss at least the first six months of the season after sustaining severe ligament damage. :madmax:

Benitez has indicated that another player will be bought to replace him but the striker has been given him some words of encouragement.

'It is tough for Vladimir and I know him very well,' said Baros.

'But he is a strong guy and will come back from this, I am confident of that.

:support: Schade, daß der wiedererstarkte Vladimir Smicer längerfristig ausfällt. Benitez will auf dem Transfermarkt noch mal zuschlagen und einen Mann fürs rechte Mittelfeld holen, bin gespannt wer auf dem Zettel des Trainers steht... :ears:

Die Testspielniederlage gegen den FC Porto(Liverpool verlor im Rahmen der Summer World Series in Toronto mit 0:1) sollte man nicht überbewerten - der Trainer war mit der Leistung zufrieden, Liverpool kreirte lt. Aussage Benitzez' viele Chancen, ließ aber im Abschluß Genauigkeit und Konzentration vermissen. Außerdem wollte der Trainer diverse Spieler auf verschiedenen Positionen sehen um neue Erkenntnisse zu sammeln...

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Im ASB-Olymp

Kreuzbandriss bei Smicer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Der tschechische Nationalspieler Vladimir Smicer muss etwa ein halbes Jahr pausieren. Der 31-Jährige, einer der Stars des englischen Rekordmeisters FC Liverpool, zog sich während der Vorbereitungsphase der "Reds" auf die kommende Saison einen Kreuzbandriss im rechten Knie zu und wurde bereits operiert.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liverpools neuer Trainer Rafael Benitez kündigte bereits an, dass der Traditionsklub von der Anfield Road, der sich zurzeit auf einer Testspiel-Reise in Nordamerika befindet, noch einen neuen Spieler für das rechte Mittelfeld verpflichten will.

"Ich hoffe, Smicer wird die schwere Verletzung gut verkraften und wieder in alter Stärke zurückkommen", so der Spanier, der in der abgelaufenen Saison mit dem FC Valencia spanischer Meister und UEFA-Cup-Sieger wurde.

Smicer hatte noch beim 5:1-Testspielerfolg der "Reds" gegen Celtic Glasgow am Dienstag in der ersten Hälfte mitgewirkt, am Freitag wurde das lädierte Knie bereits operiert. Das in Toronto ausgetragene Testspiel gegen den neu formierten Champions-League-Sieger FC Porto verloren die Nordwest-Engländer anschließend mit 0:1.

Smicer hatte bei der EURO in Portugal drei Partien für die Tschechen absolviert (kicker-Durchschnittsnote: 3,25). Beim Halbfinal-Aus gegen Griechenland war er kurz vor der Pause für den verletzten Mittelfeld-Regisseur Pavel Nedved eingewechselt worden.

kicker.de

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Walk like an Egyptian

Im gestrigen letzten Spiel der Champions World Series besiegte der FC Liverpool in East Rutherford, New York, den AS Rom durch Tore von Djibril Cissé und Michael Owen mit 2:1. :v: Marco Delvecchio brachte die Roma in einem ausgeglichenen Spiel in Führung. Im Spiel kam fast der gesamte Kader der Reds zum Einsatz. Auch die beiden Youngsters aus der Liverpool Football Academy, Stephen Warnock(22) _England_ der im linken Mittelfeld agierte und der 20jährige Innenverteidiger Zak Whitbread _USA_ , die beide schon gegen den FC Porto spielen durften und ihr Potential das eine oder andere mal aufblitzen ließen, zeigten Coach Benitez, das er zu Recht auf die Jugend bauen will und beide für höhere Aufgaben bereit sind. :super: Auf der rechten Abwehrseite debütierte Neuzugang Josemi _Spanien_, der erst kürzlich vom FC Málaga kam. Er hinterließ ebenfalls einen guten Eindruck :yes: und schaltete sich das eine oder anderer Mal in die Offensive ein.

Die Erkenntnisse der Vorbereitungsspiele

Nach 4 Vorbereitungsspielen unter dem neuen Coach Rafael Benitez(davon gab es 3 Siege und nur 1 Niederlage) präsentierte sich der FC Liverpool runderneuert und in sehr guter Verfassung. Man merkt bereits jetzt, das durch die Verpflichtung des spanischen Toptrainers ein Ruck durch die Mannschaft ging und eine neue Aufbruchstimmung in Liverpool herrscht. Am Abwehrverhalten muß noch gearbeitet werden – in jedem Spiel erhielten die Reds zumindest einen Gegentreffer :glubsch: – der eine oder andere neue Abwehrspieler könnte noch an die Anfield Road geholt werden. Nach wie vor zeigt man großes Interesse an Innenverteidiger Fabricio Coloccini _Argentinien_:love: vom AC Milan, der bereits grosses Interesse an einem Wechsel zu den Reds signalisierte :teufel: . In den nächsten Tagen soll eine Entscheidung fallen. Der neue Coach legt großen Wert auf das Kombinationsspiel und auf eine große Laufarbeit und forciert besonders das Flügelspiel. In der Vergangenheit operierte der FC Liverpool des öfteren mit stereotypen langen Bällen auf die Spitzen und war leicht auszurechnen. Unter Benitez spielt die Mannschaft viel variabler, agiert mit Ballstaffeten und viel präsentiert sich viel spiel- und kominationsstärker - einige Spieler, die unter Houllier in der Versenkung verschwanden oder überhaupt nie zum Zug kamen wie Igor Biscan _Kroatien_ oder Salif Diao _Senegal_ blühen im zentralen Mittelfeld richtiggehend auf und zeigen bisher ungeahnte Fähigkeiten und Stärken !!! :eek: War in den letzten Jahren noch das Mittelfeldtandem Steven Gerrard – Didi Hamann zumeist gesetzt, sind unter Benitez die Karten neu gemischt, besonders Igor Biscan könnte den Sprung in die Stammformation schaffen, da er in der Vorbereitung überzeugte wie bisher nie…Im Angriff zeigte sich das mit Djibril Cissé ein Topmann geholt wurde, der den Angriff der Reds noch stärker macht und Michael Owen, Milan Baros(nach seiner überragenden EM in absoluter Topverfassung) und der junge 19jährige Florent Sinama-Pongolle _Frankreich_ eine der gefährlichsten und besten Sturmreihen auf der Insel bilden. :smoke: Auf dieser Position braucht der Coach die wenigsten Sorgen zu haben !!!

Überschattet wurde der Ausflug in die Vereinigten Staaten leider durch die schwere Verletzung des Mittelfeldspielers Vladimir Smicer _Tschechien_, der sich im Spiel gegen Celtic schwer verletzte und mit einem Kreuzbandriss ca. 6 Monate außer Gefecht ist. :madmax: Auf seiner Position soll in den nächsten Tagen ebenfalls noch eine Verstärkung geholt werden. Nach der Absage von Damien Duff _Irland_ er möchte sich unbedingt bei Chelsea mit Neuzgang Arjen Robben auf links matchen, scheint nun Benitez in seinem Mutterland fündig zu werden - der Reds-Manager zeigt großes Interesse am 26jährigen Luis Garcia _Spanien_:happy: Linksaussen in Diensten des FC Barcelona, dem vor Saisonbeginn der Portugiese Deco und Ludovic Giuly von Monaco vor die Nase gesetzt wurden...er wäre ein weiterer guter Griff des Spaniers !!! :yes:

:support: Der FC Liverpool jedenfalls scheint für die kommenden Aufgaben(CL-Qualifikationsspiele gegen den GAK, Meisterschaftsauftakt bei den Spurs etc.) jedenfalls gerüstet und die Fans können sich (hoffentlich) auf eine verheißungsvolle Saison mit einem FC Liverpool, der an alte Erfolge anknüpft und die Lücke zu den führenden Clubs auf der Insel schließt und auch in Europa wieder für Furore sorgt, freuen !!! :teufel:

bearbeitet von goleador2000

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Walk like an Egyptian

Liverpool accept Spurs Murphy bid

murphy0110_gmp.jpg

Danny Murphy soll überraschend zu den Spurs wechseln und Anfield nach 7 Jahren verlassen... :eek::madmax: der Mittelfeldspieler machte 249 Spiele für die Reds und erzielte 44 Tore.

Liverpool have accepted a bid from Tottenham for England international midfielder Danny Murphy.

The north London club have made an offer in the region of £3million for the 27-year-old former Crewe player.

Liverpool head of press Ian Cotton said: 'I can confirm that Liverpool have accepted an offer from Tottenham Hotspur for Danny Murphy.'

Spurs' offer matches the £3million former Liverpool boss Roy Evans paid for Murphy seven years ago.

Murphy initially struggled to establish himself in the first team following his move and returned to Crewe on loan at the end of the 1998-99 season.

He returned a better player and blossomed under Gerard Houllier, winning his first England cap in a friendly against Sweden in November 2001.

He missed the 2002 World Cup with a broken foot but continued to perform consistently for Liverpool until last season when he received his fair share of criticism, as did the team.

Murphy travelled with Liverpool on their pre-season tour of the United States but new manager Rafael Benitez has now decided to make him available to offers.

Should he move to White Hart Lane he will join another former Reds midfielder in Jamie Redknapp, who left Anfield two years ago.

The acceptance of Spurs' bid comes a day after the London club announced the imminent capture of Cameroon international Thimothee Atouba.

Paul Robinson, Sean Davis, Marton Fulop, Pedro Mendes, Erik Edman and youngster Leigh Mills have already joined the club this summer.

:support: Schade, daß Danny Murphy gerade jetzt nach der schweren Verletzung von Vladimir Smicer die Reds verlässt...Aber gut. Ich bin mir sicher Benitez hat einen Mann (Rechtsaussen ?) an der Angel, sonst hätte er Murphy nicht ziehen lassen... :yes:(siehe untenstehenden Artikel v. der FC Liverpool-Homepage !!!)Murphy hat in den 7 Jahren Liverpool eine gute Entwicklung genommen und immer alles gegeben, ich wünsche ihm viel Glück bei Tottenham !

Benitez eyes ManCity's Shaun Wright-Phillips

With Danny Murphy's shock pending Anfield exit to Tottenham. Rafael Benitez is poised to spend the proceeds immediately on Manchester City's Shaun Wright Phillips.

Wright-Phillips is high in Benitez's sights although Tottenham have also tabled a £6 million bid to tempt Kevin Keegan to part with the right sided midfielder.

Benitez is also strongly eyeing Barcelona's exciting midfielder Luis Garcia.

(lt. www.liverpoolfc.tv/)

bearbeitet von goleador2000

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag