Liverpool FC - "You'll never walk alone...!!!

Walk like an Egyptian

Ein dreckiger Sieg gegen unseren Angstgegner der es uns auch heute nicht einfach gemacht hat. Die erste Hz. war komplett zum Vergessen, wir hatten zwar mehr Ballbesitz, haben zwar phasenweise gut bis zum 16er kombiniert aber ohne Abschlüsse zu suchen und blieben komplett ungefährlich. Der starke, quirlige Bolasie hat unsere Abwehr wieder extremst beschäftigt und Flanagan (der heute nicht seinen besten Tag hatte) vor eine harte Aufgabe gestellt. Nach Adebayors Pfostentreffer hatten wir Glück mit einem Remis in die Pause zu gehen.

Nach Seitenwechsel mußte wohl passieren was statistisch gesehen untermauert wird: die beste Mannschaft der PL bei Standards traf heute auf die schwächste PL-Truppe und so war die schwache Verteidungsarbeit vor dem Gegentor wieder mal eine ungenügende Abwehr einer gegnerischen Standardsituation die uns heuer schon so oft das Genick brach. Milners dummer Ausschluss tat das übrige dazu bei, daß heute offensichtlich gegen die Eagles wieder nichts zu holen schien, aber wir konnten durch clevere Umstellungen von Klopp und der Tatsache daß CP trotz einem Spieler mehr auf dem Feld ihren Gameplan nicht änderte, uns nicht unter Druck setzte und ihr Heil rein in Kontern suchte, das Spiel offen halten. Wir nahmen das Geschenk McCarthys durch Firminos 8. Saisontreffer dankend an und spielten plötzlich durch die Hereinnahme von Coutinho zielstrebiger und besser, hatten mehr Linie im Spiel und mit Benteke einen Stürmer der für mehr Strafraumpräsenz sorgte, als der gute, aber unglücklich agierende Origi. Nach Morenos herrlichem Pfostentreffer hatten wir uns das Remis IMO schon verdient, daß hingegen Benteke nach einem glücklichen Elfer den man aus meiner Sicht geben kann aber nicht muß auch noch souverän den Siegtreffer drauf setzte und wir ein Spiel mit einem Mann weniger drehen konnten, ist wohl wie mein Vorposter schon schrieb der Kloppschen Mentalität zuzuschreiben die die Mannschaft immer mehr annimmt.

Ein verdammt wichtiger 3er der uns hoffentlich noch mehr Auftrieb für die nächsten schweren Aufgaben gibt !!! :smoke::clap:

bearbeitet von goleador2000

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Walk like an Egyptian

Hier nochmals eine sehr gute Aufnahme vom Kontakt Delaneys an Benteke beim Elfer. Je öfter ich die Szene sehe, muß ich sagen denn kann man nicht den MUSS man geben. Gutes Auge vom Linesman :super:

http://www.90min.com/posts/3010528-video-replays-show-there-was-contact-in-liverpool-s-controversially-awarded-penalty-against-palace?a_aid=35312

JK: "I feel sorry for Palace but I have just seen the replay in the dressing room and it was a clear penalty," said Klopp. "If there was no contact, Benteke would have been in a great position to shoot. He made the move and forced the situation.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Wahnsinniger Poster

Hier nochmals eine sehr gute Aufnahme vom Kontakt Delaneys an Benteke beim Elfer. Je öfter ich die Szene sehe, muß ich sagen denn kann man nicht den MUSS man geben. Gutes Auge vom Linesman :super:

http://www.90min.com/posts/3010528-video-replays-show-there-was-contact-in-liverpool-s-controversially-awarded-penalty-against-palace?a_aid=35312

Auf dem Foto vom Echo sieht man es ganz genau

JS84417629.jpg

Er hätte, denke ich, trotzdem weiterlaufen können. Aber ist egal! 3 Punkte sind 3 Punkte. Wir hatten auch schon mal Pech in dem ein oder anderem Spiel.

Jetzt heißt es voll auf United konzentrieren.

bearbeitet von JochenGierlinger

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Walk like an Egyptian

Luis Suarez: Why I was back at Melwood today :super:

Luis Suarez has explained why he decided to drop in at Melwood on Tuesday morning to catch up with some of his former teammates, admitting: ‘Liverpool are so important to me.’

The Barcelona forward took advantage of some time off from his schedule to visit the club’s training complex and see some familiar faces from the past.

Suarez was accompanied by his two young children and took the opportunity to watch the Reds’ training session from the canteen balcony.

Before he left Melwood, he told Liverpoolfc.com: “It was fantastic to see the lads. The people that work here are really nice and I miss them, so I wanted to come and see some friends. I have really good friends here.

“I had a really good moment here in three and a half years and when you have a really good moment in your life, it is something you remember.

“I always try to watch the [Liverpool] games and look out for the results. I am very interested in how Liverpool are doing because they are so important in my life.”

Once a Red, always a Red :smoke:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

ASB-Legende

Pistolero :(

bitte gleich 75 mio an Barca überweisen und unseren Luis nach Hause holen...

Anfield HQ

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ

Liverpool will hold talks with Udinese next week surrounding midfielder Piotr Zielinski. #lfc

Ein glaubhaftes Gerücht. Klopp will Zielinski offensichtlich unbedingt in Liverpool haben.

und noch etwas zum Schmunzeln ;)

https://mobile.twitter.com/JasonRoberts21/status/706953057435840512/video/1

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Walk like an Egyptian

Liverpool will hold talks with Udinese next week surrounding midfielder Piotr Zielinski. #lfc

Ein glaubhaftes Gerücht. Klopp will Zielinski offensichtlich unbedingt in Liverpool haben.

Neben dem von Udinese an Empoli verliehenen jungen Polen, sollen unsere Scouts am letzten Wochenende auch den spielstarken Argentinier Leandro Paredes (gehört der Roma) beobachtet haben. Beide ZM's wurden/werden in den letzten Monaten mit dem LFC in Verbindung gebracht ;)

Liverpool, scouts were present at the Genoa-Empoli game to observe Zielinski and Paredes http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/eng/liverpool-scouts-were-present-at-the-genoa-empoli-game-to-observe-zielinski-and-paredes/…

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

ASB-Messias

Interessantes Interview von Carra:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...eer-media.html

Jamie Carragher's exclusive Q&A with Sportsmail readers: Liverpool legend on supporting Everton, winning the Champions League and his new career in the media

Jamie Carragher answered questions at a MyMail members event
The former Liverpool defender spoke about his playing days at Anfield
Carragher still can't believe Liverpool signed Mario Balotelli from AC Milan
He also revealed which Anfield manager was his favourite to work with
Carragher wishes he could have played alongside Graeme Souness

By ANTHONY HAY FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 12:05, 9 March 2016 | UPDATED: 19:10, 9 March 2016

Sportsmail columnist Jamie Carragher delivered his thoughts on Liverpool, Leicester and more during an intimate Q&A with loyal readers at Mail HQ.

The former Liverpool star - who won the Champions League in 2005 - answered questions during the event hosted by Head of Sport Lee Clayton.

MyMail members were invited for an exclusive chance to ask Jamie questions as he discussed his life in football at Northcliffe House on Tuesday evening.

Q: Who is going to win the Premier League?

Jamie Carragher: I hope Leicester. I'd probably say I always thought Arsenal would do it around Christmas and New Year. I changed my mind the day Leicester beat Manchester City. I thought that was a massive shift not just in terms of points but also because they sent a statement to the rest of the Premier League saying "we are here to stay". They have carried on the run ever since. The others falter and they are five points clear now. I think it's theirs to lose. They could run away with it.

Q: If you are in the Chelsea defence on the last day of the season and you are playing against Leicester knowing they need a victory to win the title, how do you approach the game?

Carragher: Very easy, you just let it happen [laughs]. There’s no way they are going to want Arsenal or Spurs to win the league, are they? Claudio Ranieri is their former manager, he is popular. It's a game of football so they will go out and try to win but I don't think they will be playing like it's a Champions League or FA Cup final. They may be in the FA Cup final the following weekend if they beat Everton this weekend, which would be a bigger problem for Arsenal or Tottenham. They will be giving 100 per cent rather than 110.

Q: Have you considered a career in management and have you come close to taking a coaching role?

Carragher: It's something I think about every week. Not in terms of being desperate to do it. Just the intrigue of what it would be like and would I be given an opportunity in the future. Is there a job out there which would stop me from writing for the Daily Mail or appearing on Sky Sports as I enjoy both jobs? It would have to be some job as I would have to change my lifestyle.

I have never been offered a coaching role. People think there could be something at Liverpool. The first time I spoke to Brendan Rodgers, he had just been announced as the Liverpool manager, it was in the summer so players were on holiday. He rang me and he said he wanted me to be on his staff. I thought at that stage of my career, I wasn't playing every week under Kenny Dalglish before he was sacked, so I thought I'd play some games and maybe learn the coaching side of it. I then met him face-to-face in Liverpool before we started pre-season training and he changed his mind and brought Mike Marsh in from the academy. Maybe if I had landed the role I would still be at the club now or sacked with Brendan. That was the closest I've been.

Q: When you went to meet Jurgen Klopp recently, did you think if he offers me a job I can't turn it down?

Carragher: I was wondering what is taking him so long to offer it! I use the role I'm in now to speak to managers and players in order to build relationships. It is good to be in contact with Jurgen Klopp so I can interview him for the Daily Mail or speak to him on Sky Sports. I think Liverpool have got a great manager. If you ask most people who they would rather have out of Klopp and Antonio Conte, who will probably go to Chelsea, the majority will say Klopp. Credit to the club for bringing a manager of that stature to Liverpool. I think for the most part he has shown that, hopefully he can do it on the next two Thursday nights.

Q: Best manager you played under at Liverpool?

Carragher: Gerard Houllier and Rafa Benitez. I never split them. It's not sitting on the fence. Twelve years of my career was under those two managers. Houllier made me into a proper Liverpool player and Benitez took me onto a level where I was one of the leaders in the team. Houllier was more of a manager than a coach, whereas Rafa was a coach. All he was interested in was football.

Q: Has Gary Neville's experience at Valencia put you off coaching?

Carragher: I can't do any worse (laughs)! It was difficult when he first went there. I spoke to him and the language was a major problem for him. He's now hired a Spanish coach who I know from my time at Liverpool - Pako Ayestaran. They lost to one of the best sides in Europe this weekend in Atletico Madrid but I think the results have turned around. It shows his strength of character.

Q: How much do you miss Neville?

Carragher: I do miss him. He comes across angry and miserable but he's actually quite funny! He has about 10 different jobs. I admire his work ethic and honesty. Depending how the results go, he may come back.

Q: Who do you rate as Liverpool's worst signing during your time at the club?

Carragher: There's been a few. El Hadji Diouf has got to be up there. Alberto Aquilani would have to be up there as well. We spent a lot of money on him. He was signed injured, he left injured and I can't remember him not being injured. I can't believe we signed Mario Balotelli! The thing with Balotelli is everyone always says it's the off-the-field antics, but I wouldn't care if he was doing it on the pitch. People tell me he's got talent but I can't remember him having a good game. I'm praying with all the money in the Chinese Super League that someone is going to buy him after his loan. I don't think anyone in the Premier League will take him. He has to be No 1 with Aquilani and Diouf.

Q: Who was the best player you played with apart from Steven Gerrard and Luis Suarez?

Carragher: The first one that springs to mind is Xabi Alonso. I was devastated when he left for Real Madrid and he is still a key member of Pep Guardiola's Bayern Munich side. I think we sometimes forget how good Michael Owen was at 18 because of what came after that with the injuries and signing for Manchester United. I totally get that and I told him that. Sometimes when you start so well you can only go one way. He did so much so young, similar to Robbie Fowler, so his best years were at 20 and 21. You can put Fowler in that bracket as well.

Q: Who was the most difficult striker you played against?

Carragher: The best centre forward I played against was Thierry Henry. I think he has been the best player to ever play in the Premier League. The Invincibles team were the best team I ever played against. He was the best player in Europe at that stage along with Ronaldinho, Kaka and Rivaldo. He was definitely in that group of players.

Forget Henry and you think of the strikers who played for the top teams like Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie. I never had a problem playing against those players, not being big-headed, because it was more of a thinking game, they are trying to play good football and catch you out mentally with their runs or trying to play through. If you switched on you could deal with that. Playing against Bobby Zamora and Kevin Davies is when you knew for 90 minutes their team-mates would be playing it long and throwing their elbows in your face. It was a constant fight and I found those games more difficult than playing against Manchester United or Chelsea.

Q: Which Liverpool legend would you have liked to play with?

Carragher: Graeme Souness. I didn't see that great team of the early Eighties growing up as it was just before my time. Everyone raves about Kenny Dalglish and rightly so. I have seen videos and different clips but my dad, who has a decent knowledge of football, always says Souness was the best player he had ever seen. I haven't told him while working at Sky yet.

Q: What's it like working with Souness?

Carragher: He's brilliant. On a big occasion he has a presence due to his posture and voice. I watch different pundits because I'm looking to improve. I look at Souness and there's nothing I could take from him because he's a one-off.

Q: What would he be worth as a player in today's market?

Carragher: Around £50-60million. When you ask Liverpool fans who the best ever player was, they all say Dalglish. When you ask the players who played in that great team, they all say Souness. I think that's telling. Roy Keane was a great midfielder despite playing for Manchester United but I think Souness was slightly better in that role.

Q: The best atmosphere you played in?

Carragher: It was always Greece or Turkey. Olympiacos and Galatasaray fans. You would go to the pitch two hours before the game and the stadium would be full. The Chelsea game in 2005 at Anfield was our great Anfield night and I don't think anything has surpassed it since.

Q: How did Didi Hamann get arrested in Japan?

Carragher: We played at the World Club Championship in Japan and we were beaten in the final. We needed a drink and nobody could sleep so we went out for a drink and met up with a few of the supporters. We were trying to get a taxi back and a few of the Spanish lads, who hadn't had as much to drink as us, jump in the first taxi as only one shows up. Didi Hamann then jumps on the bonnet and roof. Twenty-five Japanese police officers turn up and we then get chased through the streets of Tokyo. We are not the quickest footballers you have ever seen but we could just run away because they were so small. Didi was a lot slower than me and was locked up before being released the next day. It was a lucky escape. There was no MailOnline then!

Q: Was it easy to play for Liverpool as an Everton fan?

Carragher: I went to matches at Everton and don't forget them because I played for Liverpool. Liverpool came in for me first at the age of nine, I spent two or three years there and then I went to Everton because I was a fan. I let my heart rule my head but I knew within six weeks that I had made a mistake but in those days you had to stay for the year. I went back to Liverpool the following year. I was still an Everton fan while playing for Liverpool's reserves. It only changed when I went to the first team.

Q: What's going to happen with young English players progressing into the first team?

Carragher: You look at Marcus Rashford at Manchester United and he is only playing because of injuries. In any walk of life how can you make it without getting an opportunity? I don't think I would have made it now. Michael Owen and Steven Gerrard were superstars. You knew at the age of 14, Owen was going to be in Liverpool's first team. The same with Gerrard and Robbie Fowler. For players likes myself, Gary Neville and Nicky Butt - players who have to build and get experience - it would have been hard to get an opportunity and make a name for ourselves. You probably get a maximum of four or five games as a young player. You have to take the opportunity.

Q: What did you make of Christian Benteke's penalty decision at the weekend?

Carragher: (Palace defender) Damien Delaney came out after the game and said he didn't touch Benteke but he did. I would be blaming myself rather than the striker. If I make a stupid tackle and someone goes over my leg then it's a penalty. I was in the studio and I shouted penalty straight away. The tackle happens behind him and Delaney slides in on his knees. If Benteke wanted to dive or cheat then he would go down after the initial lunge. I don't think there should even be a debate. It's 100 per cent a penalty.

Q: How difficult was it to criticise Steven Gerrard after his red card against Manchester United?

Carragher: When I played with Liverpool, I wanted to play well for the club no matter who I was playing against. When I'm on the TV I want to play well, so if it means saying Gerrard has let himself down then I think if I don't say that then I haven't played well. Being on the TV for Sky is like playing for Liverpool, so I have to be on my game. As long as you don't go overboard then players accept it and know they've done wrong. You have to make sure you're not ranting and raving.

Q: How hard did you party after winning the Champions League?

Carragher: People expect it to be pandemonium but you do so much partying on the pitch that you are drained physically and mentally. You just sit in the dressing room and look at each other, especially in that game. It's more when you get home. We stayed up and went for a drink but you can't wait to get to your bed because - you are so drained. The night after at the homecoming was the night to remember because we all went to a local bar in Liverpool until around 5am.

Q: Going back to half-time, what did it feel like and what happened?

Carragher: It's the biggest game of your life, so it's not a question of you're not giving everything. You are just being beaten by the best team in Europe. We were nowhere near the best team in Europe, we finished fifth in the Premier League but we found a way to navigate our way to the final. The whole world was watching, we were a laughing stock for 45 minutes.

Rafa Benitez is not a manager to lift you with words or a speech. He changes things tactically. He already made one substitution with Vladimir Smicer coming on for Harry Kewell. Rafa's English wasn't what it is now, so when he was taking a player off at half-time he would just say 'shower'. He said to Djimi Traore 'shower' so he stripped off and went in the shower. The next thing you know the physio says Steve Finnan can't continue and he comes out arguing because he wants to stay on. Finnan and the physio are arguing and then Benitez shouts 'Traore back out the shower'. Finnan then explodes but Benitez is thinking if I take Traore off, then Finnan will have to come off in 15 minutes and then that's my three substitutes done.

How many managers would think that coolly at 3-0 down? He changes the system, we went to three defenders, Hamann came on to look after Kaka and Gerrard went further forward. The changes were a major part of going on to win the Champions League.

Q: Any regrets in your career

Carragher: I wish I had a better England career. I never showed people I was a top England player. I proved that I could play at that level in European games for Liverpool but never established myself for England. I had some great competition as I think John Terry and Rio Ferdinand were better centre backs than me. I think they were a great partnership. The problem was when Ledley King and Jonathan Woodgate, who were top defenders, were started ahead of me but I was playing in Champions League finals for Liverpool and couldn't perform any better. I felt if I can't play for England when playing at the height of my game then I would never get another shot so I would prolong my career at Liverpool.

Q: Who is going to win this week – Liverpool or Manchester United?

Carragher: There’s very little between the two teams. I think Liverpool were far superior at Anfield and should have won. My one worry is Louis van Gaal’s record against Liverpool and in big games. Fans have been criticising him but he seems to do the job in big games. My worry is Van Gaal rather than the opposing players.

It’s still the biggest game because they are the two biggest names in English football. It’s sad that they are both in the Europa League and it’s not a Champions League game. It’s like us watching a Barcelona vs Real Madrid game in the Europa League, it just wouldn’t feel right. It’s a huge game and hopefully it’s a fixture that is deciding titles and European Cups in the next few years. If Liverpool can take a lead, even if it’s 2-1 and they score an away goal, I would bite your hand off.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag