Marc-Vivien Foe tot !!!

von der City HP

Tributes have been flooding in from fans and the world of football following the tragic death of Marc Vivien Foe.

City fans gathered outside Maine Road to pay their last respects to Marc Vivien Foe.

The midfielder dropped dead while playing for Cameroon in the Confederations Cup semi-final against Colombia in France on Thursday evening.

Flowers have been laid at the stadium as a sense of shock and sadness spread throughout the vast, "family" of Manchester supporters.

During his one year spell with the club the genial twenty-eight-year old proved himself to the fans as a strong competitor and a vital cog in the midfield engine room that helped take City to ninth spot on the club's return to the top flight.

His final appearance in a City shirt was in the last game at Maine Road against Southampton.

After a slow start to the season his game burst into life in early December when he scored the first of his nine goals in the win at the Stadium of Light against Sunderland.

He followed that up in the next game with a brace to secure a point for the Blues at the Valley against Charlton.

Within a fortnight he bagged another two to help City coast past Aston Villa on Boxing Day.

Along with those nine goals and his season's tally of thirty-eight League and Cup appearances he will also be remembered for his honesty on the pitch, his ability to integrate with everyone in the club and his sense of fun.

Those attributes too are remembered by all at Lyon, the club to which he returned when his loan spell with the Blues finished at the end of last season.

The French Champions Lyon posted a heart-felt tribute to the African midfielder on the player's website.

"Marc-Vivien Foe will leave us the memory of a charming boy, the incarnation of the joy in life. We will keep of him his bursts of laughter. We will not forget you."

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

im ManCity Forum haben mittlerweile Fussballfans aus der ganzen Welt (auch ManU Fans) ihrer Betroffenheit Ausdruck verliehen

hier ein paar Impressionen

Rest in peace big fella....You made such a big impact in such a short time. xxx

Hi guys,

well, I know it sounds a little strange,

but I'm a Utd supporter and I am still stunned for what happened to Mark Vivien Foe.

I believe that any Man U's fan are now so close to City's ones in such pain.

This should be an occasion to get closer, football was made to unite people, not to part them.

That's it.

RIP Big Fella, all Premiership will miss you

Colin

as i sat and watched the tragic events unfold on tv little aware how serious the situation was. my family were stunned to hear of marc's death just minutes before the next game started. to see my two young children cry with the french players was heartbreaking. our sincerest condolences go out to his family and friends , he will sadly be missed in the world of football im sure

the fletcher family

What a great shame, and a huge shock. You will be missed by Blues everywhere.

All my best wishes go out to Marc's family and friends.

Thanks for the memories.

from France and psg fans, we all share

the shock of Foe's death

To all supporters of City and Marc-Vivien's

family, please accept our sadness and

condoleances

let's hope cameroon win for him

Family of Mr. Foe, Friends, Manchester City supporters,

It was very shocking and tragic to hear one of your best players last season passed away. No words can express the sadness now, but I want you to know:

YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE

Tim Goosen

Supporter of Roda JC Kerkrade, the Netherlands

id just like to say sorry to all marc's family and friends, i watched it happen, and its taken me until now, to think about coming on here...

i was hoping he'd be back in the season coming, and was proud of the job he did for us last time around...

your a blue forever son, god bless mate...

bearbeitet von Steffo

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Spitzenspieler

einfach nur tragisch...

als ich das gestern im teletext gelesen habe bin ich fast vom sofa gefallen, so schockiert war ich.

es ist immer wieder erschreckend wie schnell so was gehen kann....

so ein zufall...gerade gestern habe ich mir marc foe zum AS Roma gekauft (fifa 2003)... :(

Ruhe in Frieden Marc Vivian Foe... http://www.austriansoccerboard.at/public/style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

REMEMBER 1966

Der Confederations-Cup trägt Trauer. Denn der Kameruner Verteidiger Marc-Vivien Foe ist tot. Das Unglück geschah in Lyon im Semifinal-Spiel gegen Kolumbien. Der 28-Jährige brach bei rund 30 Grad Celsius 15 Minuten vor Schluss ohne Einwirkung eines Gegenspielers zusammen und blieb regungslos liegen.

Falsche Vermutungen

Danach vermuteten Beobachter zunächst, dass der Modellathlet seine Zunge verschluckt haben und vom Erstickungstod bedroht sein könnte. Der deutsche Schiedsrichter Markus Merk setzte die Partie nach einer sechsminütigen Unterbrechung fort – natürlich nicht ahnend, welches Drama sich in den wenige Meter entfernten Katakomben abspielte.

Foe wurde erstversorgt und in eine Lyoner Klinik gebracht. Dort wurde der Verteidiger, der bei Manchester City unter Vertrag gestanden war, 45 Minuten lang wiederbelebt. Ohne Erfolg. Als vorläufige Todesursache nannte ein Sprecher des Weltverbandes FIFA Herzstillstand.

Tragische Premiere

Noch nie in der Geschichte des Weltverbandes starb ein Fußballer während eines offiziellen FIFA-Spiels. Beispiele für ein plötzliches Herzversagen selbst bei austrainierten Profi-Sportlern gab es bereits. So starb der 84-fache österreichische Teamspieler Bruno Pezzey Silvester 1994 bei einem Eishockey-Juxspiel im Alter von 39 Jahren. Anfang Juni kam der 23-jährige französische Radprofi Fabrice Salanson nach einem Herzinfarkt in der Nacht vor dem Beginn der Deutschland-Tour ums Leben.

Auch Blatter erschüttert

"Die FIFA und die gesamte Fußball-Familie sind über diese unglaubliche Tragödie schockiert. Ich möchte seinen Angehörigen, dem Fußball Kameruns und seinem Verein unser aufrichtiges Beileid ausdrücken. Der Fußball hat einen bemerkenswerten Spieler und Menschen verloren", erklärte FIFA-Präsident Sepp Blatter. Doch nur kurz darauf dachte der Schweizer schon wieder ans Geldmachen: "Geht es nach der FIFA, wird das Finale am Sonntag ausgetragen." Das zweite Halbfinale zwischen Frankreich und der Türkei (3:2) in Paris begann mit einer Schweigeminute, wurde aber dennoch angepfiffen.

Mögliche Todesursache

Der Teamarzt der französischen Nationalmannschaft, Jean-Marcel Ferret, vermutet, dass Foe einer geplatzten Arterienerweiterung erlegen sein könnte. "Die Informationen, die ich erhalten habe, deuten auf einen Aneurysma-Riss hin", erklärte Ferret am Donnerstag am Rande der zweiten Semifinalbegegnung zwischen Frankreich und der Türkei in Paris Saint-Denis.

Bei Aneurysma handelt es sich um die "Aussackung" einer Arterie. Besonders häufig und gefährlich sind Aneurysmen der größten Arterie des Körpers, der Hauptschlagader. Ab einer gewissen Größe droht ein Aneurysma zu platzen.

Quelle: Kurier

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

* 1911 - 2021 * die Austria ist tot - lang lebe die Austria *

ich war ziemlich geschockt als ichs gestern gelesen hab!

ich finde, dass die Sommerpausen viel zu kurz sind. Die Spieler können sich ja nie richtig von den langen Saisonen erholen!

Klaus Rohseano ist ja auch einmal zusammengebrochen, er hatte damals "nur" einen Schlaganfall...

R.I.P. Marc-Vivien Foe

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag