Arsenal Football Club

Gast Seriöser Bub

Tartan Amy

wieder mal ein paar mehr oder weniger ernst gemeinte rumours

sky sports:

Jose Antonio Reyes and Asier Del Horno are both trying to persuade Atletico Madrid star Fernando Torres to join them in England.

The pair are both huge fans of their Spanish international team-mate - who has been strongly linked with both Chelsea and Arsenal in recent weeks.

Now both are telling Torres of the virtues of moving to London - with Reyes pulling for Arsenal, and Del Horno for champions Chelsea.

"Right now only Thierry Henry is better than him," said Reyes.

"He is the best forward in Europe and has a great deal of experience while Torres is only 21.

"Torres is a great player, but still has time to progress.

"With him and Henry we could have the best forward line in the world.

"They would be lethal with me giving them assistance."

Del Horno added: "Torres can play for any team in the world. He has all the qualities to go right to the very top.

"I would rather be playing alongside him than against him."

All three are currently on international duty with Spain as they tackle Slovakia in their World Cup play-off.

Italian giants Milan are tracking Blackburn defender Lucas Neill.

The Australian full back has emerged in recent seasons as one of The Premiership's most consistent defenders and his talents have not gone unnoticed.

A number of rival Premiership clubs including Arsenal, Newcastle and Middlesbrough are understood to be monitoring Neill.

However, Milan are now believed to be keeping a close check on Neill - who has 20 months left to run on his current deal at Ewood Park.

"Yes we have fielded a number of enquiries, but that is to be expected given how Lucas has been playing," his agent Peter Harrison confirmed to skysports.com.

"He is currently very happy at Blackburn and is looking forward to next month when he will try and help Australia to the World Cup finals.

"He has just over a year left on his current deal at the moment and we will have to see what develops."

Milan are believed to be checking on prospective replacements for Brazilian veteran Cafu and Neill is believed to be one of those now under consideration

sun: (:lol:)

Tug-of-love Torres

By TERRY LAND

ARSENAL'S Jose Reyes and Chelsea's Asier Del Horno both made extraordinary pleas for £20million striker Fernando Torres to join their respective clubs.

The Gunners are in pole position to land the free-scoring Atletico Madrid striker.

And Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger despatched scout Steve Rowley to watch him in a goalless draw at Sevilla last weekend.

Now the striker - nicknamed 'El Nino' - has found himself at the centre of a tug-of-love between two of his Spanish international team-mates.

Arsenal striker Reyes said: "Right now only Thierry Henry is superior.

"He is the best forward in Europe but he is 28 and has a great deal of experience while Torres is only 21.

"Already Torres is a great player and he has time to progress. With him we could have the best forward line in the world."

But Del Horno believes Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho should use the millions of owner Roman Abramovich to prevent Arsenal landing one of the game's hottest properties.

He said: "Torres can play for any team in the world. He has all the qualities to go right to the very top.

"I would rather be playing alongside him than against him."

All three players are set to play against Slovakia in the first leg of their World Cup play-off tomorrow.

channel4:

Pires issues Juventus plea

Friday 11 November, 2005

Robert Pires has revealed that he wants to sign for Juventus. "If they come in for me, I‘m ready," said the Arsenal man.

Pires was the subject of intense media speculation in the summer after refusing to extend his Arsenal contract and he’s confirmed that he came very close to signing for Juventus at the time.

"I spoke with Juventus in the summer," he told the Corriere dello Sport. "But I still had a year to go on my contract and Arsene Wenger didn’t want me to go."

The Gunners sold their captain Patrick Vieira to Juve in the summer in a surprise move and the additional loss of France teammate Pires would have been hard for the club and its supporters to swallow.

Pires admits that he was highly tempted by Luciano Moggi’s proposal and now, with his contract running out, plans for a summer exit are likely to be made this January.

"I have to say that when a big club comes calling the temptation is huge," he added. "I will meet with Wenger and the club to discuss matters in January and we will decide then."

The 32-year-old has also attracted the interest of Fiorentina, but has made no secret of his preferred destination.

"Italy is an extraordinary country," added the winger. "I say that as a football fan and as a tourist."

halten kann man davon was man will .. die neill sache ist es eigentlich wohl nicht wert hier gepostet zu werden aber der vollständigkeit wegen....

torres wäre aber wirklich nett, so im jänner oder auch erst sommer

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Tartan Amy

und heut meint die bbc:

Spain striker Fernando Torres says he is attracted by the idea of playing for Arsenal because of their regular appearances in the Champions League.

"If Arsenal and a coach like Arsene Wenger want to speak to you it's really flattering," the 21-year-old Atletico Madrid striker told The Sun.

"They're in the Champions League every season. I want to play against the best and challenge for the biggest titles.

"At Atletico, things are going little by little."

Meanwhile, Gunners midfielder Robert Pires has said how manager Wenger prevented him joining Patrick Vieira at Juventus last summer.

"This summer there were really close contacts with Juventus," Pires told Italian newspaper Corriere dello Sport.

"But I had another year's deal and Wenger wouldn't let me leave.

"It wasn't my decision, but I'm happy it happened because many people told me I'd have problems in playing, instead I am playing."

Pires is planning to discuss his future at Arsenal in January but has ruled out joining another Premiership club.

"In January I'll meet Wenger and the club, and we will talk and we will decide," he added.

"Should I have to leave, I wouldn't stay in England. I'd like Italy or Spain. But for now I will concentrate on Arsenal, then

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Chi se ne frega!
Aber du kennst dich sonst schon aus im Fussball?

879378[/snapback]

jetzt mach dich nicht lächerlich!

das der Torres ein guter stürmer ist hab ich ja nie bestritten, aber zum besten reichts noch lange nicht!..

da fallen mir mindestens 5 Stürmer ein die ich als besser bezeichnen würde!!!!!!

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Chi se ne frega!
Und mindestens 4 davon kommen wohl aus Italien. Oder auch <5% mehr..

879927[/snapback]

wenn dann aus der Serie A, Italiener wäre keiner dabei!

aber wenn dus genau wissen willst, dann wären, dass die Herren Henry, Sheva, Adriano, Eto'o und Trezeguet und um noch ein paar mehr zu nennen, dann wären da noch Ibrahimovic, Owen, Rooney, Van Nistelrooy und Ronaldo! und selbst den alten Dennis von Arsenal und Don Hernan schätze ich noch stärker ein!

Aber Torres wäre sicher bei den 20 Besten dabei!.....

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Silver Torah
Clichy deepens Arsenal injury woe

Arsenal have suffered a new injury setback after it was revealed left-back Gael Clichy has suffered a suspected fractured foot. The 20-year-old was hurt playing for France's Under-21 side against England at White Hart Lane on Friday.

Clichy had been deputising for the Gunners after Ashley Cole was sidelined for several weeks with a broken foot. And Arsenal have allowed a possible replacement, Justin Hoyte, to go on a season-long loan to Sunderland.

The French Football Federation has confirmed Clichy had fractured his foot and returned to Arsenal for treatment. The Highbury club, meanwhile, were still carrying out tests on the extent of the injury before making any public comment on Clichy's condition. It is not yet known for how long Clichy will be out of action, but any absence would be a significant blow for manager Arsene Wenger.

With Hoyte on loan, other options appear to be moving central defenders Pascal Cygan or Kolo Toure over to left-back or asking Emmanuel Eboue, who is predominantly a right-sided player, to shift flanks. Arsenal have previously suffered costly injury blows to Sol Campbell, Thierry Henry and Alexander Hleb while they were away on international duty so far this season. Now Clichy's possible absence could hinder their chances of recovery in the title race, with league games against Wigan, Blackburn, Bolton, Newcastle and Chelsea scheduled in the next month.

quelle: BBC

Und Torres gehört für mich zu den stärksten fünf Stürmern in Spanien. Eigentlich würde ich aktuell sogar nur Eto'o über ihn stellen.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Tartan Amy

naja .. sollte clichy nun längerfristig ausfallen gibts eine reihe von möglichkeiten wie wenger aufstellt

der worst-case - und nicht unwahrscheinlich - wäre auf grund der linksfüßligkeit (?) vom objekt der furcht das da:

lauren - toure - sol - cygan

etwas ansprechender fände ich schon das da:

lauren - swiss tony - sol - toure

und das tollste und ich befürchte aber auch unrealistischste wäre, wenn wenger endlich zeigen würde das er eier hat und so aufstellt:

lauren - toure - sol - garry

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

• 2 weeks later...
Tartan Amy

bin schon gespannt ob arsenal punkte aus bern mitnehmen wird können oder nicht, finde aber die aufstellung fast schon unfair gegenüber den pragern, da die ja doch eine eindeutig härtere nuss zu knacken hatten, als es thun zu tun hat...

arsenal spielt wohl mit:

Almunia

Eboue - Senderos - Campbell - Cygan

Ljungberg - Song - Flamini - Reyes

van Persie - Henry

Subs: Poom, Pires, Lauren, Fabregas, Bendtner, Lupoli, Djourou

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Chi se ne frega!

So unverdient kann Fußball sein, Thun spielt, Thun kämpft, Thun schießt die Tore doch Arsenal gewinnt 1:0, unglaublich unverdient!......

Wies der Premiere-Kommentataor so schön formuliert hat: "Arsenal macht mal wieder auf: I'm too sexy for my shirt."

Peinlich!

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Pass And Move - It's The Liverpool Groove
So unverdient kann Fußball sein, Thun spielt, Thun kämpft, Thun schießt die Tore doch Arsenal gewinnt 1:0, unglaublich unverdient!......

Wies der Premiere-Kommentataor so schön formuliert hat: "Arsenal macht mal wieder auf: I'm too sexy for my shirt."

Peinlich!

889559[/snapback]

Junge denk einmal ans letztjährige Halbfinale der CL in Eindhoven oder die 2. Hälfte in Mailand, dann red nochmal davon was peinlich ist.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Fuck Yeah
Junge denk einmal ans letztjährige Halbfinale der CL in Eindhoven oder die 2. Hälfte in Mailand, dann red nochmal davon was peinlich ist.

889672[/snapback]

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

und das von einem liverpool fan. ihr kennts euch mit peinlichen siegen auf jeden fall aus, seid ihr doch das paradebeispiel dafür!

bearbeitet von acdc81

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Pass And Move - It's The Liverpool Groove
:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

und das von einem liverpool fan. ihr kennts euch mit peinlichen siegen auf jeden fall aus, seid ihr doch das paradebeispiel dafür!

889756[/snapback]

Ich finds eher peinlicher, wenn man, aus lauter Arroganz ein 3-0 verspielt. Ansonsten kannst mir aber gerne aufzählen welche Siege denn ach so peinlich waren ? Bin schon gespannt.

bearbeitet von ianrush

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Living the Dream!
:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

889756[/snapback]

Ach, bered das bitte im Italien Channel und vergötter dort deine bzw. eure italienischen Helden bzw. das beste Team der Welt, den AC Milan...

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag