Ernesto Valverde neuer Barça - Manager

¿Por Qué?

Wenn er in der Zeit die wir die Kasperl ganz oben noch ertragen müssen wenigsten La Masia wieder fördert, bin ich schon zufrieden. Meine erste Wahl wäre er sowieso nicht, aber man hat halt einen angenehmen Ja-Sager gebraucht.

Nichtsdesto trotz, Alles Gute.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

ASB-Legende

Jo, wenn er gut mit den Topspielern zusammenkommt, wirds schon halbwegs hinhauen.

Wie jordi schon sagt, bissl mehr auf die Jugend achten, vl. wird man jetzt sehen, dass diesbzgl. nicht alles nur von der Direktive vorgegeben wurden (Bilanz und so Schas...). Zu hoffen wärs...

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Also für jemanden, der Barca mit einem Auge verfolgt, denke ich, dass jeder andere halbwegs taktisch versierte Trainer ein Up-Grade darstellt. Das Barca-Spiel hatte heuer kaum Varianten, gegen kleine Gegner kam es viel zu häufig vor, dass man am gegnerischen 16er ohne Ideen agiert und sich dann einen blöden Konter fängt, oder Amateurfehler bei gegnerischen Standards, wie kein Mann am 16er, generelle Defizite in der Rückwärtsbewegung. Wenn man da zB an die Bayern und Heynckes denkt: Die konnten ein dominantes Kurzpassspiel genauso spielen wie lange Bälle nach vorne und "schnelles Umschalten". Ich seh der neuen Saison eigentlich sehr optimistisch entgegen!

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

tudo passa.

Scheint noch bissl eingeschüchtert von den zahlreichen Medien. Bin schon gespannt auf die morgige PK. Wird sicher schon mal Aufschlüsse geben wie er sich die Spielweise vorstellt, welches System er einplant etc. Was ich bisher so von ihm gelesen habe scheint er sich ganz gut an die jeweiligen Bedingungen anpassen zu können und nicht stur auf ein System beharren. Rechne also weiter mit einem 4-3-3, auch wenn ich mir sein 4-2-3-1 mit dem aktuellen Kader + geplanten Transfers auch recht gut vorstellen könnte. 3-4-3 sowieso immer eine Option. 

Zitat

This is not the first time Barcelona have called, nor are they the only ones. Two summers ago Real Madrid wanted him: he was their first choice, ahead of Rafa Benítez.

Valverde said no, which says something about him. When Guardiola left Barcelona, he made two recommendations to succeed him: Valverde and his assistant Tito Vilanova. It was Vilanova they chose, seeking continuity, but two more offers followed swiftly. The next year Barcelona discreetly mentioned the job to him as they sought potential solutions to a delicate problem posed by Vilanova’s deteriorating health. Vilanova wanted to continue, so Barcelona respected that and Valverde agreed to return to Athletic. By the time doctors recommended that Vilanova did not continue, it was too late. Valverde had made a promise and he kept his word.

Tata Martino took over at the Camp Nou then but walked a year later. Again Barcelona offered Valverde the job; again he said he could not leave. When Madrid came, the response was the same. Barcelona accepted and signed Luis Enrique, but advised Valverde they would return. The change of sporting director did not change that intention and this summer, his contract up, European football secure for a fourth season, he and Athletic agreed it was time, no recriminations, no regrets.

As the former Athletic midfielder Javi González says: “Everything came together. He leaves through the front door, the right way. Everyone wishes him the best and hopefully one day he can come back. At Athletic there’s a ‘Before’ and ‘After’ Valverde.”

Advertisement

González played under Valverde during his first spell at San Mamés and speaks fondly of him. It is hard to find someone who does not. He is engaging company, generous and open, intelligent, genuine, often funny, and universally respected, rising above the rubbish surrounding the game here – although at Barça, with its politics and press, its relentless repercussion and the rivalry with Madrid, that resolve will be tested. As one former player of his puts it: “He doesn’t want to be the star and isn’t interested in the controversies.”

“I’m like every manager; if it’s in their area I think it’s a penalty; if it’s in ours, I don’t,” Valverde says. Yet few will so openly admit a decision they got was wrong as he does often and he insists that it is not right to “try to condition referees”. Fewer cut through the bullshit with such ease, and do so with naturalness instead of affected anger.

More importantly, few reach their players like he does. “His greatest strength is his management of the dressing room,” says the Manchester United midfielder Ander Herrera. “He’s a top coach in that sense: honest, direct, transparent. It’s not easy to find a situation where starters and subs are both with the manager to the death.”

González says: “He’s very good psychologically and emotionally, a good motivator. He knows when to push, when to ease off. All coaches have ideas, badges, models, but ultimately that treatment, the dialogue and feedback with players, is vital. That’s his secret.”

Valverde admits that the Athletic dressing room is easy – a relatively humble, largely homogenous group, 25 men all from the same small area with similar ideas and aspirations – but González does not think that means he will struggle at Barcelona or that he will lack the necessary authority. Nor should the infamous “entorno”, the swirl of politics, press and pressure, affect him unduly. When he left Bilbao, having just held a goodbye dinner for over 200 people, he insisted he wanted to go somewhere “difficult”. The challenge suits him; he won’t shirk it.

One example comes from his handling of an infamous affair when he took Fran Yeste and Asier Del Horno out of the squad for indiscipline. As for pressure: in Greece, it was intense – all the more so in the midst of the crisis. Olympiakos were obliged to win the league and Valverde saw passion and protests first hand, trouble on the terraces, tension on the streets, and members of his staff living in blocks with electricity periodically cut. Someone who knows him well scoffs: “Pressure? He doesn’t care. It won’t bother him: if he has to sit Neymar down, say, he will.”

González agrees. “‘Txingu’ knows that dressing room is full of stars and you can think: ‘What are you going to say to Messi?’ But he will know; he’s ready,” he says. “If he has to raise his voice, he will. Most people haven’t seen that character but behind closed doors it’s there. He’ll call a player out for the good of the team, in front of everyone, even if it is a star. He knows how to impose himself. He’s calm at difficult moments and doesn’t let the euphoria affect him in good times: in that he’s a genius. He’s calm when others lose the plot, which players welcome. But while ‘Txingu’ has this tranquil image – and that is him – he also has personality.”

He has conviction, too. After his first game in charge of Athletic, a defeat by Frank Rijkaard’s Barcelona, Valverde insisted he would not do anything he did not believe in. When he was at Espanyol, Cruyff said: “It’s a pleasure to watch Espanyol play; I am happy there are people like Ernesto who play that way and want people to enjoy it, because that’s what football is for.” One friend calls him a “son of Cruyff”, his fitness coach José Antonio Pozanco was raised at La Masia and later worked with Rijkaard; Xavi Hernández, that most determined defender of the Barcelona faith, insisted in 2007: “Valverde’s teams play good football: they like to have the ball, they don’t just boot it.”

But while that connection matters in Catalonia, it does not mean rigidity, nor make Valverde a philosopher. “Light matters, goals matter more. In photos and in football, you seek balance,” he said when his exhibition opened in Athens. “Both depend on the elements you have available to you.”

“There’s variety in his system, his methods. He knows how to train: he makes it fun, a lot of the ball, technical work. He’s not repetitive and players love it – every day is different. He’s not overly obsessed with tiny tactical details, not least because the ideas, the philosophy, is so ingrained at both Athletic and Barcelona,” González says. “Besides I see some similarities between the two clubs. Lots of the concepts he had at Athletic fit Barcelona too.”

“One of his strengths is that he adapts,” Herrera says. “In Bilbao, with Raúl García and Aritz Aduriz, two great finishers in the air, he played in a way that aimed to get the ball into them as soon as possible, particularly from wide positions; in Barcelona, I’m sure he’ll adapt to fit the qualities of the players. These days managing dressing room egos is fundamental and Ernesto is fantastic at that. We all know what the challenge is: at Barcelona, the obligation is to win every game. But I’m sure he’ll be a success.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/may/30/ernesto-valverde-barcelona-nou-camp-stone-roses

Recht spannend zu lesen wie ich finde. Dass Pep ihn vorgeschlagen hat und Barça ihn schon so oft Zitat Wenger "almost signed him", wusste ich nicht. 

Eins steht jedenfalls fest: In der Replay-Wäsch kann ich ihn mir gar nicht vorstellen. :D

e084d5e13b7604cfd4c97de6a6a0062a.jpg

Arsenal-v-Barcelona.jpg

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

tudo passa.

Valverde: "I'm so grateful to the board and president for giving me this privilege and choosing me as the coach."

V: "This comes with responsibility. I will give back the confidence you are giving me with this new project."

V: "I have my own ideas and projects for the upcoming season. I will thank you using them"

V: "I am coming from Bilbao which was my family and this decision was very tough. I had to close that stage of my life."

V: "I have a new commitment. I like to maintain my relationship with Bilbao and make new ones here."

V: "Just walking around the stadium and the bar is very high. Look at the trophy room. There is a lot of pressure."

V: "Coaches before me have set the bar too high. Luis Enrique, Pep, Cruyff, Tito."

V: "This is the biggest challenge in my career. All coaches before me worked with the Barça style. I know this"

V: "The fans know the style. I know it and I will adapt but my idea is to go even deeper with this style."

V: "I will continue progressing our style. We have a great style. We have GREAT players - Leo Messi and Iniesta."

V: "I want to create a team spirit that drives us. Be together in the good and bad moments. I want to excite the fans."

V: "I am here to develop all of this and work with everyone."

V: "Why come to Barça now? It's true. I've been asked before to come. There were other factors before."

V: "Coming now was my decision. I decided to close the chapter with Bilbao and I thought about ending it before Barcelona approached."

V: "Barça needed a coach. They asked me and I was ready. Coming here you either get everything or you get nothing."

V: "Leo Messi is the best player I have ever seen on the field. He surprises everyone every single match."

V: "If Leo can even improve anymore then I will try and help him."

V: "Biggest challenge? Constant pressure to win but I know this pressure. I know it's an obligation to get results."

V: "Maybe there are things I don't know yet but when the season starts I will get used to it."

V: "Your style? 4-3-3 or adapt to another? It's clear that I have to adapt to them. 4-3-3 has achieved a lot of results."

V: "Barça's style is team play built around midfielders and playing from the inside."

V: "The players know 4-3-3 well or 3-4-3. It depends on the players."

V: "We will adapt to all situations. Whatever is demanded. We will control the play and command."

V: "Same leadership as Lucho? Everyone is different. The position as coach is not the same as players. My position is to influence."

V: "I want to help the team grow. Make the team better. Every coach will express this in their own way"

V: "Iniesta renewal? It would be crazy if I talk about Iniesta before I speak to him. He is going to be an important player for me."

V: "He is important for the club and on the field. I will speak to him about this."

V: "I just got here. I've spoken with Robert and I know the team from a distance. You can't ask me about signings now."

V: "The market I experienced before is not the same. We will look at the market which is big here."

V: "I will speak to the team and board about signings."

V: "Barça B? I like to have my own first team and not interfere with the B team. Barça B players are close to making the first team."

V: "Barça B should move up to the 2nd division. I want to get those players ready to join the first team but I don't know yet."

V: "I will see which players in Barça B are evolving and ready to come to the first team."

V: "I am coming to Barça with 3 El Clasico's coming up. It's a big deal and motivation. The Super Cup is soon."

V: "I am going to try and win that super Cup. We all want it and we will plan for that."

V: "Control the superstars in locker room? The players get this "tag" when they have to achieve big things."

V: "These attitudes are necessary. I am looking for young players that want to win. We will get the best out of all the players"

V: "People talking about multi millionaire players? They weren't born with millions. They earned it."

Valverde: "Preseason? I have to think about my first day. I just got here but I will think about the upcoming games."

V: "We have to adapt quickly for preseason and Super Cup. Little time but we will be prepared."

V: "Trident? They have a big influence. We want to have consistency. We have objectives and motivated."

V: "There might be times when players are not good. But Cruyff used to say we need to be mentally prepared to win it all."

V: "Every coach here has been as conscious as I am. We have to keep the style but everyone has their own personal stamp."

V: "We can't be static. If we don't go up in play then we will go down."

V: "Neymar's privileges? Like what? He doesn't have any that I know of."

V: "Neymar gets extra holiday and stuff? No I don't know about any of that. There's no privileges for players."

V: "Luis Enrique is a great coach but I will try to improve from that. I don't want to get into what we will do different."

V: "Aleix Vidal or Sergi for RB? They're great players. I want to analyze. I've seen Sergi play in that position he is very versatile."

V: "Sergi can play in any position. He is a good player to have."

V: "Demand of winning titles? Most important demands is the one in front of me. There's a lot of pressure."

V: "I've been waiting for this challenge. I have a lot of confidence in what I will be doing."

V: "Don't rely on MSN too much? Barça is about team work and combination of players. More focus is needed on defense."

V: "MSN carries weight in this team but there should be more team work than just relying on them."

V: "Do we need 3 GK's and alternate GK? Well. I will take the decisions when I see who the GK's are. We need backup GK's."

V: "I may turn to Barca B to fill positions."

V: "I will still decide my starting GK and alternations for which games."

V: "Suarez? He can score a lot of goals and assist. Very important player. He can stay in the area and appear anywhere."

V: "La Liga? They didn't win this year. They won super copa and CDR. Luis Enrique won titles every season. Never went trophyless."

V: "Treble? I know you guys want everything every year but remember we can't win it all every year."

V: "Next season we will try to win everything.."

V: "Worked under Cruyff so I know the style? I like that Barça achieves things through its play. Don't speculate about games."

V: "We don't wait for other teams to make mistakes. We have objectives and we will get it."

V: "Barça's play has success and everyone knows it worldwide. I love their play and I know it very well."

V: "When Barça put pressure the other teams can't even breath. I've experienced it against them with Bilbao. They are too good."

V: "It was good to win against Barça for the Super Cup because it's very hard to beat them"

V: "The media coverage here is incredible. Questions can become huge. I know what's it like in the media.

V: "All defeats will be on me. I know I have a big responsibility and I'm ready for the blame."

V: "Who influences me? Cruyff and some others. I had him as a coach. All the coaches here worked hard."

V: "I know Pep and Luis Enrique's style. I have seen what they did here and I want to build on both their ideas and build my own."

V: "Possible for Leo to improve? He is a decisive player in any position. One thing is to see him from the other side and other to..

V: "To train him is different. To see him in the inside. I've never coaches a player of his calibar."

V: "Messi has been going too far on the wing. But I will study his best position and see if he can improve."

V: "Worried Messi didn't Renew yet? The info that I have is that he will soon and it will happen. Leo is happy here."

V: "I'm optimistic that Leo's renewal will happen soon."

V: "Rivalry with Espanyol? There's nothing I can say. I was a player and coach there. It's my past and I'm proud."

V: "I am a professional. Whatever team I coach I will do my best there."

V: "Luis Enrique criticized for not using Barça's play? It's a tough situation as a coach."

V: "There's a lot of criticism. We can't do everything right. Someone will always be criticizing us. It's part of being the coach."

V: "I don't think Luis Enrique's era was bad. I don't think he moved too far away from the Barça style. The style was still there."

V: "Olympiacos was incredible for me. I loved it there and my memories was great. I don't know if I will go back there."

V: "I will have to see what gives me results and get rid of the play that creates doubt. There's a lot of difficulties inherited."

V: "Why take this offer? I talked about this. I had the chance to coach this team before. I didn't know I would get this chance again."

V: "I will never regret the decisions I made. Coaching Valencia, Bilbao, leaving Bilbao, coming here."

V: "I have received offers from other teams. Last week Saturday I knew Barça was interested and I told my agent that I would accept."

V: "I spoke to Robert for the first time on Monday. And now we are here."

https://twitter.com/FCNazalona

Valverde hat bei der PK sehr stark zwischen Stil und System unterschieden. Er hat gemeint er ist derjenige, der sich an den Barça-Stil anpassen muss, nicht umgekehrt. Offensive, aktive Spielweise, wieder verstärkt auf ein dominantes Mittelfeld bauen und auf ein starkes Kollektiv setzen. Also weniger alles auf MSN aufgebaut, sondern wieder mehr ein eher homogenes Team. Beim System wollte er sich absolut nicht auf das 4-3-3 festlegen, sondern meinte erstmal er muss mal schauen was er zur Verfügung hat und wird danach entscheiden. Hat auch durchklingen lassen, dass er sich nicht auf ein fixes System versteifen will, sondern eher flexibel von Spiel zu Spiel entscheiden will. Messi sieht er scheinbar mehr in der Mitte, da er meinte er wäre zu oft am Flügel gewesen. Vl schon ein erster Wink bezüglich 4-2-3-1.

Was Transfers angeht hat er sich ziemlich bedeckt gehalten, um Verständnis gebeten, da er erst den zweiten Tag da ist und sich erst einmal ein Bild von allem machen muss. Scheint, als würden die Planungen erst einmal rein von Robert abhängen. Die nächsten Tage werden sich die beiden zusammensetzen und intensiv am Kader für die kommende Saison arbeiten.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Postinho

Gut finde ich auf jeden Fall, dass er (wie erwartet) seinen Blick auch verstärkt aufs B-Team richtet. 

Interessant auch, dass er erst am Samstag offiziell von Barcas Interesse erfahren haben will. 

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

ASB-Legende

Danke @behindbrowneyes für die Zusammenfassung. :super:Für die erste PK hört sich das ja nicht schlecht an.

lamasia schrieb vor 16 Stunden:

Gut finde ich auf jeden Fall, dass er (wie erwartet) seinen Blick auch verstärkt aufs B-Team richtet. 

Interessant auch, dass er erst am Samstag offiziell von Barcas Interesse erfahren haben will. 

Geh bitte, den Topfen glaubt doch niemand ernsthaft? Wenn das stimmen sollte, wär das sowas von fahrlässig von unserer sportl. Führung.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag