Eine Ikone nimmt Abschied!

MILANISTA

Europaklassespieler

das bild ist echt geil... ich bin mittlerweile auch dafür das er noch ein jahr dranhängt, so wie er spielt und wenn er keine schmerzen bzw probleme damit hat, dann ists sowieso perfekt

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Europaklassespieler

Maldini On Roma And Retirement

Milan captain Paolo Maldini has admitted again that he is considering postponing his retirement at the end of the season.

Retirement Plans

The 39-year-old had announced several months ago that he would be finally hanging up his boots, following a glittering career spanning almost a quarter-of-a-century.

However last week Maldini dropped a bombshell by revealing that he was having second thoughts, and the defender has again stated today that he is still mulling over the idea.

I am leaving every door open regarding my future,” Maldini told Milan Channel.

I was convinced before that I wanted to quit at the end of the season, but lately I have received lots of praise and my physical condition is better than it was at this point of the season last year.

Das wird ja immer besser !!!

Forza Capitano!!!

bearbeitet von DiMilan

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Europaklassespieler

hm.. ja da muss ich dir auch rechtgeben, aber er hat immerhin einen "gott" status also kann er das ruhig machen ;)

wenn er sagt er fühlte sich am anfang der saison bzw am ende der letzten nicht so als könnte er weitermachen, jetzt aber schon dann seh ich darin kein problem.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

ASB-Halbgott

Für dieses Hin und Her würd ich ihm keinen Vorwurf machen. Er geht auf die 40 zu, da kann er einfach nicht längerfristig planen. Von Jahr zu Jahr den Vertrag verlängern, ist die einzig vernünftige Entscheidung.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

• 7 months later...
Chi se ne frega!

Maldini: I Will Retire This Season

Milan legend Paolo Maldini reveals he is 100 percent sure of finally hanging up his boots at the end of the season...

The former Italian international has been playing at Milan all of his career and he has made over 600 appearances for the club in Serie A, winning an unrivaled number of honours in the process.

However, at 40 his legs are starting to feel the heavy demands of Calcio and he has decided to call it a day.

Il Capitano will put his boots away for good and the famous number three jersey will be retired unless, of course, his son follows in his footsteps.

"I am 100 percent sure. I will quit the game for good," Maldini told Il Corriere Dello Sport.

"I will not have any re-think over my decision. I want to stay in the game but not with a role on the pitch, you will not see me wearing slippers.

"I want to leave the captain's armband to Massimo Ambrosini as he was the player who began his career at Milan first after I did."

The legendary stopper then spoke of not winning the Ballon d'Or and he also has one other regret.

"It would have been nice to have won the award but that's not the trophy that made me fight for all my career," added the defender.

"I would never have swapped it for a Scudetto or Champions League. My idea of football is to win with the team.

"My only regret in football? Never having played alongside Diego Maradona."

Maldini has been a loyal servant to Milan in a career which stretches over 24 years. He will be hoping he bows out from the game with honours as the Rossoneri challenge for Il Tricolore this season.

goal.com

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag