Arsenal Football Club

Gast Seriöser Bub

bin nur hier zum prokrastinieren.

Arsenal team to play Everton: Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Wilshere, Arteta, Ramsey, Cazorla, Walcott, Giroud.

Bitte ned wieder en Ramsey als Winger :facepalm:

:lol: und TV5 zurück auf linksaußen, das wird ja wieder super.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Postet viiiel zu viel

Cazorla und Giroud ganz ganz schwach, Ramsey Licht und Schatten...

ich glaub der kommentator hat bei der auswechslung ( coquelin ist ein statement, hehe) eh "santi calola" gesagt... realistisch gesehen muss man im moment wohl zufrieden sein mit einem x @goodison park.

ein leserbrief, den ich geschrieben hab. gute nacht. ;-)

Which Arsenal Do You Want Back?

I was at a wet and miserable Villa Park on Saturday night, and I was as disappointed as the next Gooner to only get a point, although I would give some credit to a well-organised and hard-working Villa side. But that isn't really the point of this mail. Towards the end, as has been jumped on by eager members of the press, Arsenal fans asked if Wenger knew what he was doing, and that they want their Arsenal back. I'm sure there will be comment on the first aspect of that, and I will not add to it. However, it did bring back the question I've been meaning to ask for a long time - which Arsenal do people want back?

There are a few angles to view this from. In terms of the relationship between club and fan it is pretty low at present. So maybe this is it? Maybe people are harking back to a previous age of fan engagement and low ticket prices? I'm old enough (not quite 40 yet though - thanks) to remember the formation of the first independent Arsenal fan groups in protest to the David Dein created Bond scheme. My 'Guide to Football League Grounds' 1992 edition shows that Arsenal had the highest ticket prices in the league in conjunction with Man United. So my conclusion is that it isn't this Arsenal that people want back. It's always been expensive in relation to other clubs, and the club and fanbase have been fractured for many years.

Maybe it is the ownership. The silent, rich American who is totally detached from the real fan. Who appoints a stooge in Gazidis to do his dirty work. Now, I have major issues with the ownership at present but is it that different from the past? I mean, can we all relate to the Hill-Woods or Bracewell-Smiths of this world? Again, I think this is a red herring. The ownership of Arsenal has always been elitist and detached. But, the club has also always been well run financially. I see little difference bar the nationality.

I hear that David Dein is the answer. A real Arsenal man. He'll bring our Arsenal back. This is the man who introduced the Bond scheme, knocked down the North Bank, wanted to move us to Wembley and then sold his shares to an Uzbeki 'businessman' for a huge profit - leading to the current impasse we have at ownership level. Add in his solicitor son, Darren, who has been a major player in all the recent big money transfers out of the club in recent years (Fabregas, Nasri, RVP all had Dein in their 'team') and I need convincing that Dein is the knight in white armour some seem to think.

Arsenal are actually a football club, as well as a well run business, so let's consider the situation on the pitch. Since 1996-97 (and the arrival of our current manager) we have not finished outside the top four. Prior to this we had finished in the top four only 25 times. Our average league position is higher than ever it has been. We haven't won a trophy for seven years now (© every newspaper in the UK) but in the 60s we won none at all. 70s? 4. 80s? 2. The period since the title in 1989 (our first in 18 years) has been our best in post war history. Two titles in the 90s and two in the 2000s together with a number of cups of various importance. So which Arsenal do we want back?

The current situation on the pitch is frustrating. But Arsenal do not have a divine right to win every game, or to win trophies and we need to accept that. I would agree that there are short-term failings in the side, and that the apparent reluctance to spend money is irritating but this isn't getting 'our' Arsenal back. Because I'm not sure what 'our' Arsenal looks like. Is it the failing 1980s version, the nearly relegated 70s version or the current consistent but lacking glory version?

There's a load more to say on this subject but I'll spare the rest of the readership the debate. I am genuinely interested in comments from fellow Gooners about this - which Arsenal do we want? I'll sign off with a couple of quotes from people who know the club far better than I.

"I really like Arsenal. Do you really like Arsenal, or only Arsenal with trophies?" - Dennis Bergkamp.

"Which Arsenal do they want back, the one Arsene created?" - Tony Adams.

Tom (this is honestly not a criticism, I'm genuinely interested in people's views) Cheshire Gooner

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

bin nur hier zum prokrastinieren.

Ja, Jack gefällt mir auch immer besser, war heut schon ziemlich gut, verbessert sich kontinuierlich.

Santi war nicht besonders schlecht, aber für seine Verhältnisse unsichtbar. Es ist bezeichnend, dass wenn Santi einen schlechten Tag hat, Arsenal einen schlechten Tag hat. Hat sich offensichtlich rumgesprochen, unsere Gegner nehmen ihn immer gezielter und effektiver aus dem Spiel. Ihn mal auf den Flügel zu verlegen, wäre echt eine gute Option.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Postet viiiel zu viel

ich würd es nicht an Santi alleine festmachen, auch Mikel hat ja gestern nicht seinen besten Tag gehabt und wenn bei uns ein Spieler mit dem Ball mal 30-35 Meter vor dem Tor war, fehlte gestern mMn die zündende Idee, das war alles zu statisch im letzten Drittel. Erst in den letzten 15-20 Minuten hats dann etwas besser funktioniert.

Auch unser Flügelspiel hat offensiv gestern kaum funktioniert. Sagna hat keine einzige Flanke in den Strafraum gebracht gestern, die im Ansatz gefährlich war.

In Summe muss man mit dem Punkt fast zufrieden sein, denn Everton hatte in Halbzeit zwei einige Einschussmöglichkeiten, man denke nur an den Distin-Kopfball, den Szczesny noch mit einem Reflex parierte.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Grün-Weisser Stolz

Everton ist ja auch nicht ohne Grund oben.. Da gibt es auch Spieler mit hoher Qualität.. Baines der gestern Links kaum zu bremsen war, Jagielka, Fellaini und Jelavic.. Alleine Fellaini und Jelavic sind vorne ja ein nettes Duo :love:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag