Europacup 2023/2024

Surft nur im ASB

Nach internationalen Auslosungen schaue ich mir immer gerne an, wie Fans gegnerischen Mannschaften auf das Los Sturm Graz auf den Social Media Kanälen reagieren. Bei Slovan waren beispielsweise alle total happy. Bei Lille zeigen die meisten überraschend viel Respekt. Einige hätten sich ein leichteres Los gewünscht (welches ist leichter? :laugh:).

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Anfänger

Hi,

You are all very welcome to Lille. Let me know if you have any questions about our team, city how to easiest get here etc.

We play a possession based football, where the entire team is rather skilled. Our best players are Chevalier (goalkeeper), Leny Yoro (central defender), Angel Gomes (10) and Edon Zhegrova (right winger). We are not a rich club, 7th budget in the league. But we are the club with the highest net transfer value in Europe during the last 10 years. The academy is great so you will see some of the upcoming stars. The problem is that we sell every good player. Leny Yoro is in talks with Real Madrid, Chevalier with some top English clubs and Jonathan David (not so good this year) with Manchester United. 

Our away game has been really weak this season. Only two victories against Lyon and Le Havre. However, we only lost 2 games at home in over two years (PSG 2022 and Reims 2023). So you really need to get a good result with you from home.

which type of football do you play? The teams we have the biggest problem with is playing more direct type of football.

To get to Lille, you easiest fly to CDG or Brussels. From CDG there’s a direct TGV (takes 50min), from Brussels airport there’s a bus, takes 1h20 min. 

See you Lille, you are very welcome to come here. 

cheers,

Magnus

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Tribünenzierde
LOSC schrieb vor einer Stunde:

Hi,

You are all very welcome to Lille. Let me know if you have any questions about our team, city how to easiest get here etc.

We play a possession based football, where the entire team is rather skilled. Our best players are Chevalier (goalkeeper), Leny Yoro (central defender), Angel Gomes (10) and Edon Zhegrova (right winger). We are not a rich club, 7th budget in the league. But we are the club with the highest net transfer value in Europe during the last 10 years. The academy is great so you will see some of the upcoming stars. The problem is that we sell every good player. Leny Yoro is in talks with Real Madrid, Chevalier with some top English clubs and Jonathan David (not so good this year) with Manchester United. 

Our away game has been really weak this season. Only two victories against Lyon and Le Havre. However, we only lost 2 games at home in over two years (PSG 2022 and Reims 2023). So you really need to get a good result with you from home.

which type of football do you play? The teams we have the biggest problem with is playing more direct type of football.

To get to Lille, you easiest fly to CDG or Brussels. From CDG there’s a direct TGV (takes 50min), from Brussels airport there’s a bus, takes 1h20 min. 

cheers,

Magnus

bearbeitet von chrisi_1909_

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Sektion Mineralwasser
LOSC schrieb vor einer Stunde:

Hi,

cheers,

Magnus

Bonjour et merci pour les informations!

That‘s all my school-french could do, but to answer your questions, Sturm plays a really direct approach of Football with fast passes into the last 1/3. However, we have been struggling to keep the ball on the ground for the past months, which seems to work better now this year.

Most of our attacks are run by Otar Kiteishvili and Alexander Prass, both can be considered very good players. Our 6, Jon Gorenc-Stankovic is a very experienced defensive midfielder and knows how to initiate attacks. Center-back Gregory Wüthrich has some of the nastiest tackling-skills in Austria, we also call him Horse-Wüthrich cause he is such an animal.

Mika Biereth, our attacker on loan has good instinct in the box.

Tomi Horvat has a very talented left foot and you better not give him enough time to shoot close to the box.

Our left back Schnegg is currently one of our biggest weak-spots, also Alexander Prass on the left position in front of Schnegg often doesn‘t consequently try to help with defensive work when we loose possession too. Past few games Coach Ilzer tried some other variations tho and I expect Dimitri Lavalée to play Schneggs Position.

Hope I could give you some useful information.

bearbeitet von GrazTiefschwarz

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Anfänger

If you play a more direct type of football there’s usually space behind our wing backs (Tiago Santos and Ismaily), they push really far up. Our defence line also stands very high, since Leny Yoro is extremely fast. So there’s really little space to play a possession based football against us.

If you want to beat us, you should check how PSG played a couple of weeks ago. They gave up possession and the central midfield to only play on the flanks.  

You should also double or triple on Edon Zhegrova. All Ligue 1 teams at least play two guys on him. L’équipe called him the second best player in Ligue1. Our offensive game is concentrated on trying to get Edon one on one with the defender. Our left flank is much weaker. At the moment we play Adam Ounas there, Remy Cabella hasn’t been that great this season.  

I think you need to win at home to beat us. At Pierre Mauroy very few teams can manage us for 90 minutes. 

i hope there will be lots of people at the stadium. In the group stage it was rather empty. But we had a really boring group. In the league it is usually around 40000 people. Hopefully it can be something like that the 14.3 as well. 

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Postet viiiel zu viel
LOSC schrieb vor 10 Minuten:

Hello and a warm welcome. It is really refreshing and Borderline amazing to draw a team, who's Fans not only take the effort to come to a smaller teams Fan forum, but also are respectful and seem honestly interested. Makes me already way more interested in a club, that I already knew beforehand is really strong (I would put you on #2 of the hardest opponents we could have gotten), but was never really a club I was that interested in. But if you are a specimen of the average Lille fan, I suppose I will have to follow you closer.

What reduces the little hope I had for a victory beforehand is that you didn't even mention some players that I would have thought should be your best. Guys like Umtiti, Diakite or Yazici.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Wahnsinniger Poster
LOSC schrieb vor 32 Minuten:

If you play a more direct type of football there’s usually space behind our wing backs (Tiago Santos and Ismaily), they push really far up. Our defence line also stands very high, since Leny Yoro is extremely fast. So there’s really little space to play a possession based football against us.

If you want to beat us, you should check how PSG played a couple of weeks ago. They gave up possession and the central midfield to only play on the flanks.  

You should also double or triple on Edon Zhegrova. All Ligue 1 teams at least play two guys on him. L’équipe called him the second best player in Ligue1. Our offensive game is concentrated on trying to get Edon one on one with the defender. Our left flank is much weaker. At the moment we play Adam Ounas there, Remy Cabella hasn’t been that great this season.  

I think you need to win at home to beat us. At Pierre Mauroy very few teams can manage us for 90 minutes. 

i hope there will be lots of people at the stadium. In the group stage it was rather empty. But we had a really boring group. In the league it is usually around 40000 people. Hopefully it can be something like that the 14.3 as well. 

Zhegrova is extremely good yeah, do you think he will leave Lille in the summer? Cause his dribbling skills are amazing 

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Tribünenzierde
LOSC schrieb vor 34 Minuten:

Whats the capacity of your awaysector? 2000?

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Anfänger

Thank you for the kind words.

Diakete is a great player, but he’s been injured and just returned. It is not so certain that he will be in the starting 11 when back. Thiago Santos has been amazing this season on the right back and Yoro -Aleksandro plays well together in the center. 

Umtiti, has been injured for a big part of the season and played very few minutes. He had a surgery recently. 

Yazici is good. But it is difficult to place him on the pitch. We play 4-2-3-1 He sometimes start as a centre forward. But I prefer David there. Angel Gomes is better as 10.

I beleive you play a type of football that fits us very badly. This will be an even game. No one in Lille that knows football is happy with this draw. The key will be for you to win home and then park the bus in Lille.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Anfänger

Zhegrova has contract until 2026. I hope he stays one more year, there’s some rumours about Leverkusen. But we will not sell if not Edon really wants to leave.

This summer we have to sell Leny Yoro and Jo David. Their contract expires 2025. that should hopefully give us up to 100million. Our economy is shit negative equity of -30mil. 

Hopefully, we can extend the contract of Angel Gomes. If not we have to sell him too. 

The space for the away supporters is usually between 1000-2000 supporters. 

The good thing for you in Lille is that our supporters are very friendly compared to Lyon, Lens, PSG and Marseille. So you never have to be worried to wear your colours in Lille.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag