Manchester United FC

Silver Torah

Scholes :love:

Wahnsinnspartie von ihm, wobei ich da noch gar nicht von seinem Tor spreche.

Seine Pässe waren ja heute teilweise echt nurmehr unglaublich 8P

Täusch ich mich oder ist wirklich JEDER seiner 40-50 Meter Seitenwechsel genau auf dem Schuhband des jeweils Angespielten angekommen?

Genau so wars. Hab während des Matches auch jemandem im ICQ geschrieben, dass es nur mehr krank ist wie inch-perfect seine Vollspannpässe über 40-50m ankommen. Scholesey :love: Giggsy :love:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

get the fuck in!

ich musste immer an das Zitat von SAF zu den Promi-Fragen letztens denken:

What's the most amazing thing you've ever seen in training? Dominic Monaghan, actor (Lost, Lord of the Rings)

The most amazing thing is Paul Scholes, in the morning, when a player goes to have a pee at the side of the training pitch and he fires balls from 40 yards right on top of their head! He’s unbelievable. He got John O’Shea about two weeks ago, right on the shoulder, while he was having a pee. He got Gary Neville right in the head and Neville chased him across the pitch!

btw:

vxhp45.gif

:love::lol:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

get the fuck in!

Wo kann man diese Fragen nachlesen?

manutd.com vorige woche...muss man anscheinend e-member dazu sein, ich stell sie mal hier rein:

Who is the quickest player you’ve worked with? Usain Bolt, athlete

We’ve had a lot of quick players here. If you’re talking over certain distances, then Gary Pallister would have taken some beating in a sprint. I think he was the quickest in the 100 metres. But speed in football isn’t about running 100 metres on a football pitch. So you’ve also got to consider Kanchelskis, Ronaldo, Giggs, Cole, Paul Parker - he was very, very quick - Anderson, Ferdinand, Lee Sharpe as a young kid was quick. Paul Ince was very quick. So that group of players would be in it, but over 100m, Pallister would have beaten any of them. In a football sense, I’d say Kanchelskis and Giggs.

Has Green Bay Packers coach Vince Lombardi been an influence on your career? Ed O’Brien, guitarist (Radiohead)

He hasn’t been an influence on my career, as I only read a book about him for the first time about ten years ago. But I was inspired by him when I read it, ‘When Pride Still Mattered’ (by David Maraniss), because I thought I was reading about myself! Everything he did, where he started from, it all had echoes in my own life. When I started in management, people said, ‘What the hell are you going to East Stirling for?’ At the time I said. ‘You’ve got to start somewhere.’ I asked Ally MacLeod, my manager at the time, for advice on it and he said, ‘Look Alec, you only need to be out of this game for two minutes and you’re forgotten. Don’t let yourself be forgotten. When a job comes along, take it.’ So Vince Lombardi was driving up to become coach of Green Bay Packers and there were four feet icicles dropping off the road, it was that cold up in Wisconsin, and his wife said to him, ‘What the hell are we doing going up here?’ Nobody had heard of the Packers but they went on to win two Superbowls under Lombardi. When he was dying, three former American presidents went to see him, Frank Sinatra went to see him… amazing. When you read what some of his former players wrote about him, you realise what a special person he was.

How do you account for the fact that so many big names in football, including Matt Busby, Bill Shankly and George Graham all came from within a few miles of each other? Harold Riley, artist

I think the communities and environments they came from created a sense of loyalty and determination. It’s particularly true of mining areas. The mining community is probably the most devastated part of life in Great Britain’s industrial history, for its loss of jobs and the loss of lives in such a perilous vocation. Anyone who grows up in that situation tries to fight their way out of. Football was a great denominator as far as that was concerned. The same goes for boxing – a lot of great boxers came from that area too.

You seem to be the object of more public speculation and criticism than any other manager has ever had before. How does it affect you? Simon Le Bon, singer (Duran Duran)

I think it’s part of the job when you’re manager of Manchester United. It’s not just me, either. Look at the criticism Ronaldo gets, the best player in the world. He only has to have half a bad game and he’s slaughtered. Cantona got it, he got slaughtered for ages. You see the criticism that Gary Neville gets because he’s a dyed-in-the-wool Manchester United man. You have to accept it’s part of the package. It doesn’t bother me one bit.

Sir Alex, as the greatest manager of all time, is it hard to be humble? Ian Brown, singer (solo, Stone Roses)

I think the important thing is just to keep you feet on the ground. I have a common sense attitude to life. My wife cringes every time someone calls me Sir Alex or calls her Lady Cathy. She says to me, “I don’t know why you accepted it in the first place!” So your family keep your feet on the ground. I’ve never been the type to get carried away with it anyway, so it’s easy for me.

Who do you think is the best manager in the Premier League in terms of man-management and making the most of the resources available to him? Eamonn Holmes, TV presenter

Oh, that’s a belter, that question. Brucey’s done a great job with his resources… Martin O’Neill has done well with his… Arsene Wenger… it’s difficult to assess Wenger because he spends a lot of Arsenal’s money on youth players and their salaries instead of spending it on a big player. David Moyes has done fantastically well. I’ll go for him, David Moyes, definitely.

What was the harder decision - leaving out Jim Leighton in 1990 or Park for last year’s Champions League final in Moscow? Pete Boyle, supporter and songster

Ji-sung Park, without doubt. Once I’d made my mind up about the starting XI, my subs had to protect the midfield, the back four and the forward line. I felt if you’re going to put a forward on in the European Cup final, you need somebody who can make an impact, someone who can get you a goal. That’s the area of his game that if Ji could improve, he’d be one of the best players in the team. So that was the reason I left him out. I felt terrible about it, but after the game his parents were great towards me, they were really nice.

What's the most amazing thing you've ever seen in training? Dominic Monaghan, actor (Lost, Lord of the Rings)

The most amazing thing is Paul Scholes, in the morning, when a player goes to have a pee at the side of the training pitch and he fires balls from 40 yards right on top of their head! He’s unbelievable. He got John O’Shea about two weeks ago, right on the shoulder, while he was having a pee. He got Gary Neville right in the head and Neville chased him across the pitch!

As a knight of the realm yourself, what more does Ryan Giggs have to do to become a ‘Sir’? Patrick Kielty, comedian

Good question! Especially when you consider how the English rugby team, when they won three or four matches to win the World Cup, were given knighthoods and MBEs. Ryan Giggs has performed like a star for 20 years in the Premier League, going up and down that touchline. He’s won 10 Premier League medals, I hope it’s 11 this year, and two European Cups and what has he got, an MBE? It doesn’t seem right. Longevity must surely surpass short-term success.

Who would you co-star with in a film, if you had the chance? Ken Doherty, snooker player

If you go back to the old movies, then I’d say Spencer Tracy. I thought he was fabulous. John Wayne… everybody loved John Wayne. Present day? Sean Connery, without a doubt.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

mein neues Zuhause

The most amazing thing is Paul Scholes, in the morning, when a player goes to have a pee at the side of the training pitch and he fires balls from 40 yards right on top of their head! He's unbelievable. He got John O'Shea about two weeks ago, right on the shoulder, while he was having a pee. He got Gary Neville right in the head and Neville chased him across the pitch!

:lol::lol::lol: genial

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

The King

Reserve gewann vorgestern übrigens 5-4 (nach 1-4 Rückstand) gegen Wigan, Welbeck (überragender Mann am Platz) und Macheda jeweils mit zwei Treffern... leider sah der Italiener auch die rote Karte.

Wird Zeit, dass er mal reinschnuppern darf, ich hab ziemlich große Hoffnungen in ihn, genauso wie in Petrucci.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Silver Torah

Welbeck (überragender Mann am Platz)

Gerücht dazu ->

The Sun report today that young Manchester United forward Danny Welbeck was forced to play for the United reserves rather than participate with the first team for their midweek match against Fulham as a lesson for being “too cocky” in celebrating his goal against Derby in the FA Cup.

According to David Facey’s article, Welbeck’s Cantona-esque goal celebration, namely with the teenager seen puffing his chest out as he lapped up the applause from the United fans, was deserving of punishment from SAF. (Watch here.)

Facey: “A United source revealed, ‘Alex was very angry about the way Welbeck celebrated his goal at Derby. He felt there was a touch of arrogance about it. Danny is just a kid and Alex does not like the thought of him getting too big for his boots. That is a lesson plenty of players have learned over the years at Old Trafford.’”

:ratlos:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

The King
Gerücht dazu ->

:ratlos:

The Sun :sleepy:

Kia Joorabchian says Carlos Tevez's owners are "studying other options" regarding the future of the Manchester United striker.

Tevez's two-year loan at Old Trafford expires at the end of the season and United have yet to agree a permanent deal for the Argentina international.

United's first option on the 25-year-old ran out at the end of January, although Tevez has stated he is keen to stay with the Premier League leaders.

Real Madrid and Inter Milan have been linked with £30million bids for the forward, and his advisor Joorabchian confirmed the player's third-party owners are weighing up interest from other clubs.

"Carlos is in the market now that United have not made any move for him," said Joorabchian in the Daily Star.

"We are now studying other options and interested parties.

"There is no option left with United any longer."

Ist zwar ebenfalls nur von teamtalk, erscheint aber plausibel. Ich wäre ehrlich gesagt sehr verwundert, wenn Tevez bleiben würde - erstens mangelts ohnehin am Geld, und zweitens wäre der Deal wohl schon durchgegangen, wenn es von United-Seite daran ernsthaftes Interesse gäbe. Der Agent von Tevez macht mir auch nicht unbedingt den Eindruck, als ließe er den Preis drücken - dann eher zu einem anderen europäischen Topverein weiterziehen.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Who the fuck are Man United?

Ist zwar ebenfalls nur von teamtalk, erscheint aber plausibel. Ich wäre ehrlich gesagt sehr verwundert, wenn Tevez bleiben würde - erstens mangelts ohnehin am Geld, und zweitens wäre der Deal wohl schon durchgegangen, wenn es von United-Seite daran ernsthaftes Interesse gäbe. Der Agent von Tevez macht mir auch nicht unbedingt den Eindruck, als ließe er den Preis drücken - dann eher zu einem anderen europäischen Topverein weiterziehen.

Gehe mittlerweile auch nicht mehr davon aus, dass er bleibt. Von Seiten des Clubs wurde einfach schon sehr auffällig gezögert Nägel mit Köpfen zu machen und Carlitos wird sich wohl Richtung Süden verabschieden.

Allerdings gehe ich davon aus, dass falls er geht ein weiterer Stürmer geholt wird. Auch wenns am Geld mangelt, haben wir ja die letzten Jahre nicht gerade eingespart und ich gehe auch nicht wirklich davon aus, dass man jetzt damit anfängt.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Silver Torah

Gary Neville bleibt ein Red

Neville agrees new Man Utd deal

Manchester United captain Gary Neville has agreed terms on a one-year contract extension which will keep him at Old Trafford until 2010. The 34-year-old has spent his entire career at Old Trafford and made his debut against Torpedo Moscow in 1992. Neville joins fellow veteran Ryan Giggs in signing a new deal at the club.

"Manchester United is the only club I wanted to play for so I am delighted to sign for another year," he told the club's official website. The full-back has been plagued by injury for the past two seasons and spent 13 months on the sidelines with an ankle problem. However, despite the emergence of young Brazilian full-back Rafael in his absence, United boss Sir Alex Ferguson was keen to tie Neville to the club.

The England international has started nine Premier League games so far this season, featuring in a further three as substitute, and has also played three times in the Champions League. "Gary, Ryan and Paul Scholes are the spirit of Manchester United and so we are delighted that Gary has signed for another year," said Ferguson. "He is a true professional and I admire how he has overcome an injury which kept him out for over a year, returning as good as ever. He deserves this new contract and we are very happy to have him here."

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

The King
Allerdings gehe ich davon aus, dass falls er geht ein weiterer Stürmer geholt wird. Auch wenns am Geld mangelt, haben wir ja die letzten Jahre nicht gerade eingespart und ich gehe auch nicht wirklich davon aus, dass man jetzt damit anfängt.

Wie wir schon letzte Woche diskutiert haben wäre ich mir da nicht so sicher. Fergie hält sehr viel von Campbell, auch wenn der Junge jetzt ein verschenktes Jahr hinter sich haben wird, wenn er aus Nordlondon zurückkommt. Von Ole hört man auch, dass Macheda und Petrucci für ihr Alter enorm weit sind, ich bin überzeugt, dass wir Macheda nächstes Jahr fix im Carling Cup sehen werden. Der Italiener wäre ohnehin nur Stürmer Nr. 5, da würde das schon gehen.

Vielmehr denke ich, dass eine Variante mit Berbatov / Rooney / Welbeck / Campbell im Raum steht. Zudem wird Ronaldo, wenn die Notwendigkeit besteht, zum Stürmer umfunktioniert - zwar nicht optimal, weil er einen Teil seiner Stärken nicht einbringen kann, aber die Attribute dafür hat er in jedem Fall - schnell, technisch Extraklasse, beidbeinig, gut im Abschluss, exzellent (und das ist besonders wichtig, da wir in diesem Punkt was die Offensivspieler betrifft Schwächen haben) im Kopfballspiel. Dafür haben wir mit Sicherheit Tosic geholt, denn mit ihm vergrößern sich die Optionen auf den Seiten (Ronaldo, Nani, Tosic, Park). Möglicherweise spielt auch Anderson in diesen Überlegungen eine Rolle, falls Gibson wirklich zum fixen Kaderbestandteil gemacht wird, wonach es momentan aussieht. Dann könnte man Anderson tatsächlich wieder adaptieren - und einen Offensivspieler für die linke Seite (was er auch schon bei Porto war) aus ihm machen.

Schade, dass Anderson und Nani diese Saison noch nicht so 100%ig zur Geltung kommen, aber gerade von Nani erwarte ich mir in der Champions League einiges. Habe gerade eben ein wenig rumgesurft und festgestellt, dass er zwar nur acht Einsätze in der Liga hatte, aber alle (!) Champions League-Spiele von Beginn an bestritten hat. Interessant.

bearbeitet von Starostyak

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Who the fuck are Man United?

Vielmehr denke ich, dass eine Variante mit Berbatov / Rooney / Welbeck / Campbell im Raum steht.

Wär natürlich eine Möglichkeit, aber es würd mich doch überraschen, wenn sich SAF zur Gänze auf die Jungen verlassen würde. Sowohl Welbeck als auch Campbell haben unumstritten gute Ansätze, aber die Frage ist einfach ob sie sich auch Dauer bei einem Top Club wie United durchsetzen können. Wäre halt das Risiko ziemlich groß, dass es wieder eine Saison gibt in der Mann aufgrund von verletzten Stürmern doch ernsthafte Probleme bekommt.

Durch die Tosic Verpflichtung sind wir jetzt natürlich noch variabler was die Flügelpositionen angeht und deine Idee Anderson mehr nach Vorne zu ziehen würde mir generell ganz gut gefallen. MMn ist er schwer aufzuhalten sobald er einmal loszuspurten begonnen hat. Und auf die jungen Italiener bin auch schon sehr gespannt. Petrucci (ist der, der von der Roma geholt wurde oder?) soll ja auch einiges auf dem Kasten haben.

Schade, dass Anderson und Nani diese Saison noch nicht so 100%ig zur Geltung kommen, aber gerade von Nani erwarte ich mir in der Champions League einiges. Habe gerade eben ein wenig rumgesurft und festgestellt, dass er zwar nur acht Einsätze in der Liga hatte, aber alle (!) Champions League-Spiele von Beginn an bestritten hat. Interessant.

Für Beide eigentlich eher ein Rückschritt diese Saison bisher, gerade Nani würde doch mehr Einsatzzeit in der PL gut tun. Er hat ein unglaubliches Potential und wenn er es konstant abrufen könnte wäre er definitiv ein Stammspieler bei uns. Aber SAF ist ja bekanntlich Experte was die Entwicklung von jungen Spielern angeht und der Portugiese wird hoffentlich noch entgültig den Durchbruch schaffen.

bearbeitet von Kingkooli

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

The King
Und auf die jungen Italiener bin auch schon sehr gespannt. Petrucci (ist der, der von der Roma geholt wurde oder?) soll ja auch einiges auf den Kasten haben.

In Petrucci setze ich persönlich irrsinnige Hoffnungen. Sehe zwar auch nur die MUTV-Zusammenfassungen unserer Reserve und lese Scouting-Reports von denjenigen, die sich die Jungs näher anschauen, aber der sticht einem einfach ins Auge - hat einfach das gewisse Etwas, eine echte Nr. 10.

bearbeitet von Starostyak

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Silver Torah

Heute geht es um keinen Rekord. VdS spielt nämlich nicht (edit: oder doch? gehts jetzt um den Tormann oder um die Mannschaft?). Auch sonst sehr interessante Aufstellung, neben dem Holländer spielen wir (wie von manchen erwartet) auch ohne Vidic (nachdem dieser in Mailand gesperrt ist).

Kuszczak

Rafael - Ferdinand -Evans - Evra

Ronaldo - Carrick - Scholes - Nani

Rooney - Berbatov

Mannschaft gegen Inter erwarte ich mir daher folgende ->

Van der Sar

Neville - Ferdinand - Evans - Evra

Ronaldo - Carrick - Fletcher/Giggs - Park

Rooney - Berbatov

bearbeitet von themanwho

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag