#14 - Dominik Szoboszlai

stimme Boarding zu.

Natürlich sollte ein Wechsel sportlich gesehen kein Abstieg sein, aber wenn das Gehalt dort stimmt, die Stadien viel voller sind und auch die internationale Wahrnehmung eine andere ist? Salzburg in Ehren aber wenn wir gegen Admira 3:0 gewinnen wird das europaweit wahrscheinlich niemanden interessieren. Das sieht in den Top Ligen anders aus und dadurch kann man sich unter Umständen auch mal ins Rampenlicht spielen ohne in einem intern. Bewerb zu sein. 

bearbeitet von Perti

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Banklwärmer

I promised the 2nd part of the interview. So here we go:

In summer Marco Rose went to Mönchengladbach. Jesse Marsch followed him as a coach at Salzburg. You had to start another battle with a coach who managed the team quite differently. In the new formation you've been forced onto the left side, almost a winger-like position. How did you cope with this change?

We played completely different. While with Rose we played in diamond formation mostly me as an 8 in the centre, with Marsch 4-2-2-2 as an outside midfielder. For a while I did not really feel this new role. I had to learn it and get used to it. I think in spring I got the feel of it and I feel really comfortable now.

Your stats really show that.

Now there's a tendency that the playmakers often start buliding attacks from the sides moving towards the centre. My coach expects this from me too and he ensures enough freedom for me to attack into the open spaces aggressively and look for passing areas. On the other hand in defense I need to hold my position strictly.

What is your relationship like with Marsch?

It is really good.

He has a different approach isn't he?

Yes, he has. He's more easy-going compared to Rose. He only speaks in English when he's angry. We get on really well.

First time you were called into Hungary's squad at the age of 16. Most people did not understand what a 16 year old should be doing near the national team. After the first training I asked a couple of your teammates about you and they said they've never seen anyone who played this mature at the age of a 16.

I was trained for self-conscious football at very young age, thanks to Salzburg.

In Hungary the mentality is more like: You should not force constant regulations on young players as you will kill all the creativity from them...

In Austria everything is set into the tactics individually. They do not kill creativity, they just ensure further knowledge to complete your playing style and personality.

What do you do in your free time?

I don't have much free time.

Are you kidding? Besides one training a day?

Usually trainings are at 10 am but I am at the training centre by 8. I stay there until 3 pm. After that maybe I can go shopping or going to a restaurant with my friends. After getting home I rest or playing some on playstation.

Do you have your own flat?

No, I rent one.

Why don't you buy one?

I don't know. Never thought about it.

You currently worth around 30 million which is by far the highest value if we look at all the Hungarian players. A club will surely pay this amount in the near future.

I worked hard for this. From a very young age if I wasn't studying/eating/sleeping I was playing football with my Dad. This is the result of 15 years of hard work. When I was at training my buddies were partying and drinking.

Are the market values significant for the players in the Salzburg dressing room? Does it influence the hierarchy?

No, not at all. In the whole Bundesliga I am the highest valued player now, but it doesn't affect anything in the dressing room. I have the same say on things as any other of my teammates. For example everybody sees Zlatko as a palyer who has 188 matches in the German Bundesliga with a ton of experiance and not looking at his market value. This worths more than what your value is currently. If I reach what he did I can finally say something to him.

It seems the market values are more important for the club's management than in the dressing room.

Yes. I have to win my teammates' respect by showing great performances on the pitch. If I play good the market will react to this for sure. On the other hand the older players like Zlatko or Andreas help the young players on and off the pitch.

What do you think about money in general?

I don't care about this topic.

You own money and that's it?

Of course I am playing football to earn money also, but I am not the one who manages my money. It's my Dad and my manager. The thing is that my Dad always tells me where they invest my money in but we decide together on this. I don't have to care for these things, I just play football.

It is kinda a taboo, but how much do you earn?

In Austria the salaries are not put in public.

Can you describe it without telling a number?

I feel safe in this regard. If I had to retire from football tomorrow I'd have enough to be able to live happily until I die. If I am not completely stupid of course. We are thinking about a career path though and not about money. If I reach the level which I'd like to achieve everything else like money will come with it.

Do you earn the most in Salzburg?

In the dressing room we do not talk about this, but I am not even in the top 3. There are some who earn a lot more, but that is ok for me. At a young age you sign a contract with different conditions.

A personal goal of yours?

To have 150 appearances in the national team.

With a club?

To win the CL.

To reach that you'll have to sign to a top club within the top 5 leagues.

Yes.

What is your relationship like with Ralf Rangnick?

We know each other as he is the Red Bull group's leader.

Do you have a personal contact with him?

We've already met in the past. It was a while ago.

You know why I ask these questions right? There is a rumor that Rangnick will take over AC Milan next season and his no. 1 target is you.

Normally the preparation for the new season should have already started, but I am sitting here... Due to corona a lot of championships are still ongoing and the transfer season hasn't really even started. On top of that Rangnick is not Milan's manager so there is nothing to talk about.

Which league do you feel the most close to?

Maybe Spanish or Italian.

Then sooner or later you'll have to sign to Barcelona, Real Madrid or Juventus, AC Milan.

We will see over time.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Sehr bekannt im ASB
Zitat

I don't have much free time.

Are you kidding? Besides one training a day?

Usually trainings are at 10 am but I am at the training centre by 8. I stay there until 3 pm. After that maybe I can go shopping or going to a restaurant with my friends. After getting home I rest or playing some on playstation.

:confused:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Postaholic
greez schrieb vor 11 Stunden:

Die Aussage unseres Experten ist diesmal nicht falsch. :davinci:

SmartSelect_20200722-111701_Chrome.jpg

Ok dann nehme ich meine Aussage zurück und behaupte mit voller Überzeugung das Gegenteil ;)

bearbeitet von Dystan

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Bester Mann im Team
Axelsim schrieb vor 4 Stunden:

First time you were called into Hungary's squad at the age of 16. Most people did not understand what a 16 year old should be doing near the national team. After the first training I asked a couple of your teammates about you and they said they've never seen anyone who played this mature at the age of a 16.

I was trained for self-conscious football at very young age, thanks to Salzburg.

In Hungary ..

Cheers for translating, mate!

However, self-conscious football is something I'd rather associate with Sturm Graz or Austria Wien than with us at the moment. :=

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Postet viiiel zu viel
Boarding schrieb vor 20 Stunden:

Top15-Verein hin oder her. Die Abgänge zu Wolfsburg, Hoffenheim, Marseille, Lazio, Gladbach, Leizpig, Hertha, usw. sollten doch relativ deutlich klarmachen, dass die meisten Spieler, wenn sie die Möglichkeit haben, lieber zu einem Team in den Top5-Ligen wechseln, auch wenn sie dort nicht um Titel und teilweise nicht mal international spielen. Das liegt jetzt nicht mal notwendigerweise an Salzburg, sondern natürlich an der Liga an sich. Aber da kannst dir deine Top15 dann aufmalen gehen.

Was die Erfahrung aber auch zeigt, dass das oft in die Hose geht. Zum Beispiel Berisha zu Lazio oder Wolf oder Samasekou oder Haidara oder oder oder ... Viele gehen zu früh und lernen aber auch nicht aus den Fehlern der anderen.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Im ASB-Olymp
LordVader01 schrieb vor 16 Minuten:

Was die Erfahrung aber auch zeigt, dass das oft in die Hose geht. Zum Beispiel Berisha zu Lazio oder Wolf oder Samasekou oder Haidara oder oder oder ... Viele gehen zu früh und lernen aber auch nicht aus den Fehlern der anderen.

Die beiden sind aber schlechte Beispiele.

Berisha war zum Zeitpunkt des Wechsels glaube ich mehr als 4 Jahre bei uns, Samassekou detto. Und beide waren zum Wechselzeitpunkt auch keine 19/20 oder 21 mehr.

Wie lange hätten die denn noch in Salzburg bleiben sollen? Samassekou hat sich mittlerweile ja auch durchgesetzt bei Hoffenheim, zumindest stand er gegen Ende hin immer in der Startelf .

bearbeitet von Ultimate84

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Sehr bekannt im ASB

In Italien spielst Du als Zugang aus der Ö Liga traditionell nicht. Da fällt mir überhaupt kein Beispiel ein, wo das geklappt hätte. Also ich würde an seiner Stelle nicht dorthin gehen und schon gar nicht jetzt mit seinem Alter. Er hat ja jetzt nach der Coronapause wirklich gut gespielt aber ich glaube auch nicht dass er derzeit schon gut genug und konstant genug ist dort Fuß zu fassen.

Und wie oben geschrieben, das stimmt natürlich dass einige Spieler lieber eine Art Abstieg in Kauf nehmen für mehr Geld und die attraktivere Liga und dafür zu Vereinen wechseln wo es dann sportlich schwieriger ist sich in die Auslage zu spielen. Es gibt aber auch Beispiele bei uns dass man von Salzburg auch direkt zu einem Spitzenclub wechseln kann (Liverpool, Dortmund).
Das sollte Salzburgs Ziel sein, dass zukünftig eben große Talente direkt wechseln und keinen Zwischenschritt mehr wollen. Dann spielen sie auch entsprechend länger bei uns wenn sie nicht gerade so explodieren wie ein Haaland.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Im ASB-Olymp

Szobo soll sich halt mal mit Jimmy Hoffer unterhalten, wie es ihm nach einer Top Saison in Österreich dann in Italien gegangen ist.

Ob Szobo versteht was Hoffer ihm mitteilen will, wird halt die spannende Frage. Aber vielleicht kann das Sprachentalent Hoffer ja besser Ungarisch als Deutsch ;)

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Banklwärmer

A little interview just came out with Szobo (source: http://www.csakfoci.hu/magyar-foci/magyar_valogatott/szoboszlaiki-kell-jutnunk-az-eb-re-nem-lenne-csalodott-ha-salzburgban-maradna) which has some interesting points:

• He talks about getting out to the European Championship with Hungary: "I'll come home from Salzburg, or wherever I'll be that we will have to reach that qualifying spot. I wish I could live that feeling which a lot of my teammates experienced in 2016."
  • Since the end of the Bundesliga he had 4 days off from training. He wants to keep the form constantly.
  • He does not think about any transfer news. He wouldn't be dissappointed at all if he stayed in Salzburg.

Basically that's it, but it sounds like staying is a big possibility too.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag