Cristiano Ronaldo zu Real Madrid?

The King
UPDATED ARTICLE

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has insisted Cristiano Ronaldo will be at Old Trafford next season and will not be joining Real Madrid.

Ferguson confirmed he met Ronaldo, 23, in Lisbon last week following much speculation about the winger's future.

"The meeting went well - I think we both put across our points of view - where we stand and where the player stands," explained Ferguson.

"I can say he'll be a Manchester United player next season. He won't be sold."

United will hope that Ferguson's comments at a press conference in South Africa will put an end to rumours linking Ronaldo with a switch to the Spanish champions.

Ferguson added: "It's not a difficult position. I was on my holiday and I was not going to interrupt my holiday, believe me.

"I wasn?t panicked because the player is under contract so the strength and the rights are with Manchester United.

"What we have done well is to say nothing. We've kept quiet on this matter and kept it private and what I said to Cristiano remains private.

"I did go and see him last week in Portugal and it was very amicable ? there were no problems. Thats where we are and we carry on."

Ferguson confirmed Ronaldo will be sidelined for three months following ankle surgery.

"He's on crutches for the first four weeks, he'll be in rehabilitation for the next four and then the following four he?ll be back into football training.

"The time mapped out is three months and we won't bring him back a day earlier than that.

SSN

Calderon schaufelt sich mit seinen Aussagen sein eigenes Grab.

bearbeitet von Starostyak

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Ist richtig, seine Aussagen von heute: :D

Calderón: Ronaldo? Done Deal

Real Madrid Ramón Calderón has insisted on the success of the Cristiano Ronaldo deal, going as far as to say that the Portuguese is expected at Santiago Bernabéu in two weeks' time.

»Comments (116) Print This Story Send To A Friend Contact Us galleria zoom The last Real Madrid board meeting before summer holidays took place yesterday afternoon at the club's stadium. Calderón's board of directors was anxiously eager to hear what the chairman had to say on the summer transfers, specially on the interest in Cristiano Ronaldo and Rafael van der Vaart.

Calderón started the meeting by saying that Real Madrid will have an impressive budget of €400 million for the next season, which was applauded by the entire boardroom.

He went on to comment on the status of Cristiano Ronaldo's transfer, ensuring that he is tranquil over the success of the deal.

"Relax, he won't say no now. We won't miss on him. You can be sure of that. In ten or fifteen days we will arrive," Calderón said.

Not even Ronaldo's ankle injury appears to have cooled Real Madrid's interest in the Portugal international, with reports suggesting the Spanish champions to be readying an offer worth €85 million.

Calderón further added that Van der Vaart is on the brink of completing a move to Real Madrid, having revealed that the Holland international will arrive for a fee in the region of €6 million.

He also informed that Julio Baptista and Roberto Soldado are on their way out of Santiago Bernabéu and that their sales will help the club finance their bid for Ronaldo.

Goal.com

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag