Liverpool FC - "You'll never walk alone...!!!

Bin sehr froh dass Jamie Carragher zum ersten Mal seit sechs Jahren wieder für Pool getroffen hat. Neben Gerrard IMO der wichtigste Spieler der Reds.

Jetzt morgen ein gutes Los (nur nicht Rapid) und dann gehts los mit der Opration Titelverteidigung!

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Walk like an Egyptian

RAFA AFTER RIGHT WINGER AND CENTRE BACK

Steve Hunter 01 August 2005

Rafael Benitez wants to make two more new signings by the end of this week to complete his Liverpool squad ahead of the big kick-off.

The Liverpool manager says he is happy with the way his squad is shaping up but he wants to make it even stronger with more reinforcements.

Benitez said: "I am very happy with the squad, with the way they are working in training and in matches and I am happy with the new players. But I am still looking for a centre back and a right winger and we need to bring these players in during the next seven days."

The Liverpool manager will not be drawn on names of who his targets are and has yet to rule out a possible swoop for Real Madrid star Luis Figo.

Benitez said: "I always say that a player is not yours until he has actually been signed. We have alternatives to these players and my idea is to always be looking at all your options."

The Liverpool manager says he is happy with the pre-season so far and believes with hard work and good football the Reds could have a good season.

Benitez said: "I am realistic. I always think about winning the next game and nothing else. I know it will be difficult but it you start the season winning games then it helps your confidence and your performance.

"We have a better squad than last season and we have a lot of hungry players who want to win. If the players continue working as hard in training as they have been doing then I can dream of the possibilities.

"We have forwards who bring different qualities and different possibilities to the team and it is good when they score goals. But it is also important that we get goals from the midfield and even from the defenders, and this has been happening.

"We are scoring a lot of goals so I am not too worried about goals we have conceded. When you look at the goals we have conceded some have come at the start of games but most have come at the end of matches which we have been two or three goals ahead and our players have been looking for more goals.

"That comes down to concentration and this will improve as the players fitness improves and they are more ready for matches."

Benitez also wanted to thank the Liverpool fans for their fantastic support to the team as on Tuesday night more than 350 Reds fans were in Kaunas for the Champions League qualifier.

Benitez said: "When I was manager of other teams and we played pre-season games away from Spain we would sometimes have 10 or 20 fans with us. But at Liverpool it is different. There are usually hundreds of fans wherever and whenever we play.

"This is something that is very special and something that the players and myself really appreciate. It is one of the reasons why I always say we have the best supporters in the world."

The Reds boss also says he was flattered by favourable comments from the chairman David Moores about him.

Benitez said: "I am flattered by what the chairman has said but I prefer only to look at my next challenge and not to look too far ahead. But I am really happy at the moment."

www.liverpoolfc.tv

:support: In weniger als 14 Tagen beginnt die neue PL-Saison und der von Rafa Benitez "runderneuerte" FC Liverpool nimmt langsam konkrete Formen an...es fehlen zur Verstärkung des Kaders lediglich noch ein Back-up für die IV (der junge Zak Whitbread ist auf einem guten Weg und wird wohl bald seine Chance bekommen :yes: ), aber ein Routinier würde uns sehr gut zu Gesicht stehen - hoffentlich kommt der zuverlässige, zweikampfstarke Jorge Andrade - der Mann gefällt mir sehr gut und würde perfekt auf die Insel passen.

Die rechte Mittelfeldposition ist ebenfalls noch zu verstärken - im Gespräch ist nach wie vor Luis Figo, Real's 5. Rad am Wagen...der Portugiese hat unbestritten noch Klasse, aber ein Sidney Govou von Olympique Lyon würde mir besser gefallen, da er eine größere Zukunft hat, als der "große Portugiese". Milan Baros will angesichts der Sturmkonkurrenz weg - Ex-Coach Houllier will nach wie vor Milan Baros und wir wollen Sidney Govou...ob sich da in den nächsten Tagen nicht doch noch ein Deal anbahnt ??? Auf jeden Fall hat ein weiterer Youngster bereits aufgezeigt, den man auch der Rechnung haben sollte - der junge Ire Darren Potter - U21-Nationalspieler seines Landes hat mehrfach sein Talent unter Beweis gestellt :super: ...und auch Flo Sinama-Pongolle, der hochtalentierte Franzose wird bald wieder zu zu beachten sein... :)

Nun. Auf jeden Fall wird sich der FC Liverpool puncto Geschlossenheit und Kaderstärke anders präsentieren als im letzten Jahr, da bin ich mir sicher. Rafa hat jetzt Alternativen auf so gut wie jeder Position und wir werden den Abstand auf die Blues, Gunners und ManU weiter verringern und sollte ein guter Start in der PL gelingen, sich die Mannschaft in der Liga so präsentieren wie im in der letztjährigen CL-Saison, dann ist uns mMn viel zuzutrauen... :yes:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Walk like an Egyptian

CL-Quali:Reds besiegen FBK Kaunas mit 2:0 :clap:

Mit einem Gesamtscore von 5:1 zieht der FC Liverpool in die letzte Qualifikationsrunde der diesjährigen CL ein. Gestern machten die Reds an der Anfield Road alles klar. Nach einer torlosen ersten Halbzeit - die Litauer machten die Räume dicht und spielten sehr geschickt und ließen nur wenigen Möglichkeiten zu - machten in der 2. Hz Stevie Gerrard und Djibril Cissé mit späten Toren den 2:0-Sieg und den Aufstieg in die nächste Runde perfekt. :) Jetzt wartet vermutlich CSKA Sofia, das das Hinspiel gegen den albanischen Vertreter SK Tirana mit 2:0 gewann...

Noch eine Personalie:

Anthony Le Tallec wird für ein Jahr an den AFC Sunderland ausgeliehen. Benitez erklärte dem jungen Franzosen, daß es bei den Reds schwer werden wird regelmäßig PL-Fußball zu spielen, daher war das Leihgeschäft eine logische Folge.

CL-Qualifikation - 2. Runde - Rückspiel

lfc_kunas_120.jpg

FC Liverpool - FBK Kaunas(Litauen) 2:0 (0:0)

FC Liverpool: Carson - Finnan, Hyypiä, Whitbread, Warnock - Luis Garcia, Hamann (Gerrard 75.), Sissoko, Zenden - Crouch (Potter 55.), Morientes (Cissé 45.)

1:0 Steven Gerrard (77.), 2:0 Djibril Cissé (86.)

Anfield Road - 43 717 - SR: Gianluca Paparesta (Ita)

bearbeitet von goleador2000

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Pass And Move - It's The Liverpool Groove

Sehr gute Season Preview :

The league season looms large like a lavish, lion-sized leviathan. Football is back! (Oh, hang on a minute, it never really went away this summer, did it?)

So can the Reds make their first half-decent title challenge since 2002? And what of our rivals –– how are they shaping up?

It has to be the most eagerly anticipated title race in many years: four teams with real pedigree in the running.

Liverpool's chances

The difference between Liverpool and the other three realistic (and understandably more favoured) title contenders relates to the stage of development. Chelsea are a project nearing completion, while Man United and Arsenal are in some kind of mini-transition, but with the redeeming factor of having long-established managers and continuing systems and patterns of play. Transitions are always easier with stability at the top.

Can Liverpool really be included as challengers, given the disadvantages when compared to the other three? –– far less money than Chelsea and Manchester United (although the latter's finances may have been harmed by Malcolm Glazer's arrival), and unlike last season's top three, a manager who is still rebuilding a squad he inherited only 13 months ago?

Any team that can win the Champions League, whatever its domestic form at the time, and does so by defeating some of Europe's finest and most expensively assembled sides has to be onto something. If you can win the European Cup, you have to be considered at least outsiders for the Premiership.

The last time Liverpool finished 5th domestically and won the European Cup, they followed it with a league title in 1982. Of course, that was a team replete with legends, which had been dominating English football for a decade. But if a team that good can only finish 5th and yet win the European Cup, it shows that domestic form can be misleading.

Similarly, when Real Madrid finished 5th domestically and won the European Cup in 2000, they won the league title the following season. I don't mention these as 'omens' but as examples of a team building on success on the European stage. The last time Liverpool won a European competition, back in 2001, the same team added 11 points to its league tally the following season, and finished 2nd –– still the high-water mark since 1991.

Given that there has been a greater injection of quality this summer, and that last season's league table was skewed by so many injuries to key personnel, I am be happy to say that (more freak injuries aside) Rafa will double that –– and add 22 points to our tally. That would take the Reds to 80 points.

Of course, last season that would have meant 3rd place, 15 points behind the winners. But it would certainly put Liverpool in the mix, and that has to be the main objective. It's another truism that teams who win the title for their first time in years tend to finish 2nd the season before. United did so in 1992; Blackburn did so in 1994; Arsenal finished 3rd in 1997 but with the same points as 2nd; and Chelsea finished 2nd in 2004. To finish 2nd this season would be some achievement in the grand scheme of things.

Respect

People are wrong to suggest last season's cup success was anything other than hard earned, and fully deserved. Arsene Wenger compared Liverpool's success in Europe to Millwall making the 2004 FA Cup final. I have a lot of respect for the Arsenal manager, but that was ignorant and insulting. He was talking out of his Wenger. (Actually, I think I meant to use his Christian name there...).

Millwall played no Premiership sides on the way to Cardiff, and one-legged ties always leave more room for upsets. To beat the likes of Juventus and Chelsea over two legs is to do so with both the home advantage and the away disadvantage, and class eventually tells the more frequently you play someone; there's less chance of getting lucky two games running. Millwall went 3-0 down to a superior side in the final, a game in which they offered no resistance whatsoever. Liverpool played top-quality teams en route to Istanbul, and had a stunning response to going 3-0 down to a superior side in the final.

There are two criteria by which top teams are judged: success at home, and success in Europe. Only Chelsea, with two consecutive Champions League semi-finals to go with 2nd and 1st place domestic finishes, have showed good form in both, and as such escape any inquisitions. Arsenal and Man Utd, meanwhile, have struggled in the Champions League in recent seasons (Arsenal perennially so).

The questions surrounding Liverpool's domestic form need to be answered, of course. But by achieving things beyond the reach of the two teams who were seen, just two seasons ago, as the only two horses in the domestic race, weight has been added to Liverpool's claims to be title challengers –– even if, ultimately, it's rightly as 4th favourites.

Many of Liverpool's domestic deficiencies will be eradicated by circumstance: no longer is the manager completely new to these shores and trying to make sense of a mixed bag of inherited players while attempting come to terms with the vagaries of English football; there will not be the daily, destabilising speculation surrounding his captain (look at the difference in Gerrard already –– he's over halfway towards his best-ever tally of 13 goals); his star Spanish striker should start to adapt; and the myriad injuries to key players that led to the fielding of too many substandard replacements will hopefully prove it was an abnormal season.

Unlike Chelsea, who are merely signing more good players to play in areas where good players already exist (Wright-Phillips plays the same role as Robben, Del Horno plays in the same position as Bridge), Benítez has added several players to solve what he saw as problem areas. If Chelsea are able to only improve by small increments, Liverpool should be taking large strides.

Most crucially, Jose Reina is believed to be the kind of 'keeper who both commands his area and can also save the most testing of shots (and not merely, like Dudek, do only the latter). If he has anything like the same impact as Petr Cech, he could be worth ten extra points a season on his own - Dudek was in 2001/02, but lost that air of infallibility soon after.

Bolo Zenden offers experience, skill and consistently good delivery into the box, and has been in English football for four years. Momo Sissoko offers pace and power in the centre of the park, and an all-action style that would free up Gerrard and Alonso. Mark Gonzales is a super-quick goalscoring winger who can play on either flank. And, most crucially, Peter Crouch can hold the ball up, flick it on, score goals, as well as offering the kind of options no one else previously at the club could provide.

The early start to competitive football will be a big advantage, and unlike those teams that enter the InterToto Cup and start well domestically, but as a result of the extra games tend to tire mid-season, Liverpool have a squad to cope with such demands, especially as the manager likes to rotate to keep players fresh. Even before Uefa's decision regarding playing in the qualifying rounds, both Benítez and Ferguson had announced an earlier return to training to try and prepare more intensely.

Despite all the reasons for optimism, there can be no doubting that Liverpool are playing catch-up. The other three contenders each has a headstart, in one way or another. Benítez had the most work to do this summer –– and thankfully, he's got on and done it –– and much will depend on how quickly his new project comes together, and the quality of the two further additions he's looking to make at centre-back and right midfield. To be realistic title challengers, he will need all of his new players to settle quickly and his best players to remain fit.

My main worry for Liverpool is that everyone wants to beat the Champions of Europe, with that bizarre logic that if you beat a team once, you are therefore better than them.

Arsenal

The summer of 2005, and there's the shock (if, after an annual saga it can be a described thus) of one of the Premiership's greatest powerhouse midfielders leaving the club he has graced for almost a decade. But no, it's not Steven Gerrard. It's Patrick Vieira.

As with the prospect of Liverpool losing Gerrard, it's as much about the symbolic nature of the loss as anything else. It's clear that Vieira is an ailing force: nothing radical, but his standards have been slipping, and Wenger, guided by his computers, had noticed a year ago that his performances, hampered by niggling injuries, were diminished in terms of ground covered. Nearly £14m for a player approaching 30, and who appeared to be growing a little stale, is an offer Arsenal understandably struggled to turn down, but it still leaves a rather large chasm.

Losing Robert Pires, who scored 36 goals in the previous two seasons, and who averages a goal every three games from midfield for Arsenal, would be another massive blow if it transpires (although now it seems he's staying for another 12 months), while Denis Bergkamp cannot go on inexorably (or, for that matter, aeroplanes). The uncanny understanding between those three players is something that cannot be replaced.

Keeping Pires and Bergkamp for another 12 months could be crucial. Every great team needs to be rebuilt at some stage, but I'm not sure Wenger sees losing three of his main creative forces within a year as ideal, however talented the up-and-coming players, including Vieira's likely replacement, the wonderful but inexperienced Cesc Fabregas. Antonio Reyes looks superb on his day, but has yet to show the consistency Pires has. Manchester United, so strong in that department only a handful of years ago, have since learned that dream midfields cannot be conjured at will.

There is great depth to the Arsenal squad because of the quality of their youth team,  many of whom are nearing maturity, and as a result, Wenger did not need to buy half a dozen players (whereas Benítez clearly did). Wenger can restructure and rebuild partly with what he already has, by promoting the most talented players; Cesc Fabregas, Gael Clichy and Phillipe Senderos have excelled in their first team appearances, although Robin Van Persie's rape charge casts a cloud over his future.

However, there will be a different pressure on these emerging kids if they are expected to replace great players like Vieira, Bergkamp and Pires, rather than merely stand in for them from time to time. That could mean a year or two to fully settle into their roles; and while young players often contribute to title-winning teams, inconsistency plagues those who don't have the experience to work through their dips in form. You only need look at Reyes' radically polarised form of last season. Inconsistency costs titles.

So, little more than 12 months after an undefeated league season, it's hard to tell precisely what shape Arsenal will be in; prior to Vieira leaving, they were my favourites for title. But they now need a period of time to adjust, to bed-in the very talented Alexander Hleb, and react to Chelsea usurping them as the team to beat. An injury to Thierry Henry next season, and you have to wonder if it could be their first finish outside the top two for almost a decade.

Mourinho's Men

As mentioned before, Mourinho's Chelsea are a nearly-completed project, albeit one accelerated by the luxury of megabucks. The Portuguese inherited so many players from Claudio Ranieri that he could prune the excess and still retain a core of quality, and last summer's collection of additions were of a calibre (and cost) above and beyond anything previously seen in English football.

This time out, he's spent big on another full-back, and bought Shaun Wright-Phillips for £21m. Mourinho can afford another five or six players, and none of them need be cheap; the thing is, he just has no need for them.

There can be no doubting that Chelsea remain the team to beat, but of course that goes with the territory as Champions.

It shows that they've already got themselves to a level where it's hard to improve upon the personnel –– in terms of individual talent –– without going out and getting players like Henry, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho, Gerrard (excuse me while I permit myself a smile, especially after Mourinho's latest comments) and Kaka. And these players are not the kind their clubs willingly let go; and also, as proven with Gerrard and Henry, some players like it too much at their present club to ever want to leave, however much extra money they could earn.

It's easy to forget that Chelsea have 'added' a top striker in the form of the returning Hernan Crespo –– last seen scoring a brace against Liverpool before his team suffered the worst second-half in the history of the European Cup (not that I expect the Anfield crowd to remind him of that, of course). I always thought he failed in England first time around, but ten league goals in 19 games suggests otherwise. So he provides another option up front.

So will Chelsea be able to successfully defend their title? –– something that appears to be getting ever-harder, with three different winners in the last three years. Last season their advantage was such that they can afford to drop more points this season and still run out comfortable champions.

Manchester Redskins

It's become a cliché to say that you write off Man United at your peril.

Well, lately it appears that actually you don't.

My rule of thumb is that one bad season happens now and again; two consecutively, and there are problems. Not necessarily irreversible ones, and United haven't fallen so far as to put them out of the equation, of course. But two third-place finishes in a row must be worrying all at Old Trafford.

Of the 'big four', United are the only team to fail to win one of the major two trophies since 2003. Chelsea and Arsenal both have a league title, and Liverpool the European Cup. United only have the FA Cup in that time –– the competition they couldn't even be bothered to enter in 2000.

United still possess a lot of talent, and some of the best individuals in the world, but the team doesn't appear to gel in the way it once did. It now seems a collection of ultra-expensive parts, rather than a cohesive unit –– unlike Chelsea, the blend doesn't seem right. Certainly the midfield doesn't strike fear into teams in the way it used to, and Roy Keane only impressed me last season in a five-man midfield.

Ten or eleven goalkeepers later, Ferguson finally bought one fit to follow in Peter Schmiechel's glove prints; but Edwin van der Saar is still not as good as the imposing Dane. The Dutchman is now 35, and as such probably only has a season or two before the late-30s dip sets in. In midfield, Park Si-Jung seems a very tidy, energetic player, but not yet one whose name on the teamsheet will worry the opposition.

And of course, there's the disruptive factor of Rio Ferdinand, who was happy to receive a small fortune from the club while serving an eight month ban due to his own stupidity, but is now unbelievably (why do I say unbelievably?) holding out for more than £100,000 a week. He may be more talented than either, but I'm sure United fans are looking wistfully back at the Bruce/Pallister pairing: no nonsense, 100% committed down-to-earth players.

Finally, there's the ruthless 'big guy up top' who never misses an opportunity: Malcolm Glazer. How will his ownership affect the club? Certainly it's already proving divisive amongst fans, and if transfer money isn't forthcoming, United will have lost the ability to buy their way out of trouble.

All dynasties need a catalyst for collapse. With Liverpool it was Hillsborough: Kenny Dalglish losing his drive and suffering from stress after the events of April 15th 1989, while Heysel and the extended ban from Europe contributed, too. The radical changes at the top, and Alex Ferguson's age (no one can go on forever), have to cast doubts upon United, and while I can see them having another good year, and challenging, I'd be very surprised if they won the title.

Conclusion

I am certain that the four teams outlined will finish in the Champions League positions. But the order is less clear.

Beyond these four teams, Newcastle and Spurs look in better shape than before, with Souness and Jol buying some very good players, but the former still doesn't convince me as a manager. Everton, meanwhile, appear to have weakened rather than strengthened over the summer, but as is the case for all teams, there are still a few weeks left to the transfer window to rectify that. If they don't even make the group stages of the Champions League they'll suddenly be on a big downer.

Right –– let battle commence!

© Paul Tomkins, 2005

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Walk like an Egyptian

Reds monitor Granqvist :yes:

by Kent Hedlundh - created on 4 Aug 2005

granqvist-andreas.jpg

Andreas Granqvist _Schweden_ - Innenverteidiger

UEFA Champions League holders Liverpool have renewed their interest in Helsingborgs star Andreas Granqvist.

The young central defender caught the attention of Liverpool and a number of Dutch clubs last year, but The Reds sent their scout to watch the Sweden Under-21 international in Helsingborgs's 2-0 win against Djurgardens on Monday.

PSV Eindhoven have long been tipped to table a bid for Granqvist, but Rafa Benitez might plan to hijack their bid.

"It is flattering and inspiring," Granqvist told Expressen.

"I heard [about the scout] afterwards. But I don't know about any serious interest.

"It's obvious that you always want to move on with your career, but I am not in a hurry.

"It's going well at Helsingborgs and we are fighting for the title."

Liverpool are on the search for a new centre back to provide cover for Jamie Carragher and Sami Hyypia.

skysports.planetfootball.com

:support: Ein sehr interessanter Junge. Gefällt mir, daß wir an dem jungen Schweden interessiert sind :happy: - bin ein Skandinavien-Fan(diese Jungs haben eine tolle Mentalität und Einstellung zu ihrem Beruf - Jon-Arne "Fußballgott" Riise und Sami "the Finnish Rock" Hyypia sind Paradebeispiele... :clap: ) und hoffe inständig die Reds können sich dieses Talent sichern - gemeinsam mit Zak Whitbread (der Amerikaner kommt auch immer besser zur Geltung :super: und ist derzeit der Back-up in der IV) und dem französichen Talent Carl Medjani (wird vermutlich nach Frankreich (Metz ???) ausgeliehen um Spielpraxis zu sammeln) könnte der junge Schwede gemeinsam mit den anderen beiden Talenten die arrivierten Stammkräfte Jamie Carragher und Sami Hyypia etwas entlasten und peu a peu für die Zukunft aufgebaut werden :yes:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Naja, lang dauerts nicht mehr bis die Liga beginnt, und Liverpool ist noch am suchen. Zudem gibts Probleme mit Mark Gonzales, weiss da wer mehr?

Wir bräuchten sicher noch einen IV als Back-Up für Sami u Carra, sowie einen RM, als Back-Up für Luis Garcia...die Mannschaft ist baer sehr genial, ich würde so aufstellen:

Reina

Finnan - Hyypiä - Carragher - Riise

Xabi Alonso

Luis Garcia -Gerrard - Zenden

Cisse - Morientes/Baros/Crouch (kann mich nicht entscheiden, einfach zu geile Stürmer :evil:

Dann ahben wir in der Hinterhand noch immer Topspieler wie Barragan, Gonzales falls es klappt, Potter, Whitbread, de 2 Stürmer die nicht spielen, Hamann, Traore...göttlich :D

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Walk like an Egyptian

CL-Qualifikation: CSKA Sofia – FC Liverpool – Goleador's Vorschau :)

Heute muß der regierende CL-Sieger im Hinspiel zur 3. und entscheidenden Runde der CL-Qualifikation zum bulgarischen Meister CSKA Sofia. Rafa Benitez hat wieder mal (no na ned) mit Verletzungssorgen zu kämpfen und reist mit einer auf einigen Positionen dezimierten Mannschaft nach Bulgarien.

Der junge spanische Neuzugang Antonio Barragan, 18, den die Reds erst in diesem Sommer vom FC Sevilla geholt haben, könnte zu seinem Debüt kommen, er ist zumindest im Kader zu finden.

Torhüter Jerzy Dudek fällt mit einer schweren Ellbogenverletzung längere Zeit aus und auch Peter Crouch, Bolo Zenden, Djimi Traore sowie Josemi sind verletzt. Harry Kewell, Neil Mellor und Flo Sinama-Pongolle sind nach ihren Operationen erst wieder im Aufbautraining und auch nicht einsatzbereit.

Außerdem wurde der Kader des FC Liverpool durch die Abgänge von Chris Kirkland (zu West Brom verliehen), Anthony Le Tallec (zum FC Sunderland verliehen), Carl Medjani (nach Metz verliehen) sowie dem Abgang von Antonio Nunez (wechselte zu Celta de Vigo) weiter ausgedünnt.

Der vorläufige Liverpool-Kader: Reina, Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia, Whitbread, Warnock, Riise, Luis Garcia, Alonso, Hamann, Gerrard, Sissoko, Cissé, Morientes, Baros, Potter, Carson, Barragan

:support: Ich hoffe, der FC Liverpool macht bereits im Hinspiel Nägel mit Köpfen und holt ein gutes Resultat in Bulgarien. Ein knapper Sieg ist mMn im Bereich des Möglichen, aber auch mit einem Untentschieden sollten wir zufrieden sein, denn der bulgarische Meister hat sicher seine Qualität und darf nicht unterschätzt werden. Hoffentlich verletzt sich nicht noch ein Spieler, damit der FC Liverpool für den samstägigen PL-Auftakt, wo man im Riverside-Stadium von Middlesbrough bestehen muß, nicht noch mehr geschwächt ist.

@Mecki:

Naja, lang dauerts nicht mehr bis die Liga beginnt, und Liverpool ist noch am suchen. Zudem gibts Probleme mit Mark Gonzales, weiss da wer mehr?

Mark Gonzales ist Chilene und die Nationalmannschaft Chiles ist derzeit 70. in der Weltrangliste...die Liga-Gewerkschaft will daher dem FC Liverpool für den Chilenen vorerst keine Arbeitserlaubnis erteilen - genauere Kriterien für die Vergabe so einer Arbeitserlaubnis weiß ich auch nicht, sorry.

Wir bräuchten sicher noch einen IV als Back-Up für Sami u Carra, sowie einen RM, als Back-Up für Luis Garcia...

Es sind ja noch 3 Wochen Zeit bis zum Transferschluß und der FC Liverpool ist lt. Aussagen von Rafa Benitez derzeit fieberhaft auf der Suche nach Verstärkungen auf den vakanten Positionen - IV und RM. Ich bin mir sicher, der Boss zaubert in Kürze noch die eine oder andere Verstärkung aus dem Hut !!! :yes:

@Mecki: :winke: Freut mich, daß Du den Weg in diesen Thread gefunden hast und immer öfter Deine Kommentare, Meinungen etc. zum "geilsten Club auf diesem Erdball :yes::love: " abgibst.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Walk like an Egyptian

HYYPIA AGREES NEW ANFIELD DEAL :clap:

Paul Rogers in Sofia 10 August 2005

Sami Hyypia today revealed he has agreed a new deal to extend his stay at Liverpool until 2008.

The Finnish defender will put pen to paper on his new contract when he touches down in Liverpool on Thursday after the Reds' Champions League qualifier in Bulgaria.

Speaking to Liverpoolfc.tv in Sofia this morning, Hyypia said: "Obviously I am very, very happy to agree a new contract with Liverpool. We have been talking for a few weeks and I had no hesitation in committing my future to Rafael Benitez.

"Everybody wants to play for Liverpool Football Club at the moment and it's an honour to say that I will be here for at least another three years.

"I have won every single medal at the club apart from the Premiership and it would be very nice if I could win that within the next three years.

"This is the greatest football club in the world and after Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher, Dietmar Hamann and Djimi Traore all agreed new deals, I'm delighted to have done the same.

"These are good times for Liverpool and I'd like to repay the faith the supporters have shown in me by winning more trophies."

www.liverpoolfc.tv

Yes. Freut mich sehr, daß uns "The Finnish Rock" für mindestens 3 weitere Jahre erhalten bleibt. Aus seinen Worten, einen neuen 3-Jahres-Vertrag bei den Reds zu unterschreiben, kann man großen Stolz und große Zuversicht ableiten, daß er sich unter Rafa Benitez in den nächsten Jahren seinen letzten großen Traum in seiner Spielzeit beim FC Liverpool erfüllen kann und will - nämlich den PL-Titel !!!

FC Liverpool gewinnt in Sofia mit 3:1 :v:

Im Hinspiel der 3. Runde der CL-Qualifkationsrunde machte der FC Liverpool mit einem 3:1 Sieg einen halben Schritt in die Gruppenphase der Königsklasse. Gut aufgelegte Stürmer (2x Morientes und 1x Cissé trafen für die Reds) und eine geschlossenen Mannschaftsleistung führten zu dem verdienten Auswärtserfolg über Bulgariens Meister. Im Rückspiel an der Anfield Road sollten die Reds alles klar machen.

CL-Qualifikation – 3. Runde – Hinspiel:

vsckasofia_120_a.jpg

CSKA Sofia – FC Liverpool 1:3 (1:2)

FC Liverpool: Reina – Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia, Warnock – Luis Garcia, Gerrard (Sissoko 70.), Xabi Alonso (Hamann 64.), Riise – Morientes (Barragan 79.), Cissé

0:1 Djibril Cissé (25.), 0:2 Fernando Morientes (31.), 1:2 Velizar Dimitrov (45.), 1:3 Fernando Morientes (58.)

Sofia – 16 512 – SR: Wegereef (Niederlande)

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Denke auch dass der Boss uns noch überraschen wird, genau wie mit Zenden, mit dem irgendwie auch keiner gerechnet hat.

Nachdem Hyypiä verlängert aht fiel mir ein Stein vom Herzen. Newcastle hatte ja sehr offen Interesse bekundet, aber wir brauchen Sami auch wenn er nicht derselbe ist wie vor 3 Jahren, sein Kämpferherz und seine Kopfballstärke sind unentbehrlich.

Zum Sofia Match: Hatte mit so einem ergebnis gerechnet, was mich sehr freut ist dass Morientes doppelt getroffen hat, ich hoffe ihm geht jetzt endlich der Knoten auf,bei Liverpool, auch Cisse scheint top drauf zu sein.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Walk like an Egyptian

FC Middlesbrough – FC Liverpool 0:0 ;)

Im Auftaktspiel der PL-Saison 2005/06 mußte der FC Liverpool ins ungeliebte Riverside-Stadium, wo man in den letzten Jahren wenig bis nichts holen konnte. Doch die Reds dominierten das Spiel und hatten die besseren Chancen. Liverpool begann mit einem 5er Mittelfeld mit Momo Sissoko als Unterstützung für Gerrard und Xabi Alonso – Morientes agierte als einzige Spitze. Liverpool war in einer zerfahrenenen von vielen Fehlpässen und Zweikämpfen geprägten ersten Halbzeit das bessere Team und hätte durch Gerrard in Führung gehen können, doch die Teams gingen torlos in die Halbzeit. Nach Seitenwechsel legten die Reds einen Zahn zu und dominierten Boro, die sehr defensiv agierten und sich auf Konter verlegten. Benitez brachte im Verlauf des Spieles Cissé und Baros, doch die besten Chancen vergab der Captain, der die Reds in Führung hätte schießen müssen. Er war überall auf dem Platz zu finden, doch ein Tor wollte ihm nicht gelingen. Als Ugo Ehiogu wegen Torraub (Foul an Gerrard) vom Platz flog, zogen die Liverpooler ein Powerplay in Boros Hälfte auf, doch leider gelang den Reds kein Treffer – so endete die Partie in einem für Boro schmeichelhaften Remis, mit dem aber beide Seiten leben können.

:support: Mein Fazit: Liverpool zeigte sich im Gegensatz zum Vorjahr auswärts stark verbessert, sehr präsent und versuchte das Spiel selbst in die Hand zu nehmen. Einzig und allein die Chancenauswertung ließ zu wünschen übrig, ansonsten darf man mit dem ersten Auswärtspunkt mehr als zufrieden sein. Am Samstag kommt der Aufsteiger aus Sunderland nach Anfield. Dann sollten die ersten 3 Punkte der Saison eingefahren werden. :yes:

Premier League – 1. Spieltag

mbro_lfc_120.jpg

FC Middlesbrough – FC Liverpool 0:0

FC Middlesbrough: Schwarzer – Queudrue, Ehiogu (rot/74.), Southgate, Reiziger – Mendieta (Nemeth 65.), Boateng, Parlour, Downing – Yakubu (Bates 75.), Hasselbaink (Viduka 67.)

FC Liverpool: Reina – Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia, Warnock – Luis Garcia (Cissé 57.), Gerrard, Sissoko, Xabi Alonso, Zenden – Morientes (Baros 67.)

Riverside – Stadium – 31 908 – SR: Halsey

goleador2000 – 16.8.2005 :winke:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Parma nel cuore!

Die Reds holen sich Antwi und Roque

Liverpool hat sich wieder zwei Talente aus Spanien geholt. Godwin Antwi _Ghana_ und Miquel Roque _Spanien_ kommen von Saragossa bzw. Lleida. Beide Spieler sind Innenverteidiger, doch der Ghanaer kann auch im defensiven Mittelfeld eingesetzt werden.

Beide Spieler sollen bereits heute im Spiel der Liverpool Reserves im Derby gegen Everton eingesetzt werden.

bearbeitet von Djet

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Walk like an Egyptian

Salihamidzic, Malbranque oder Solano ??? :ears:

More links for Liverpool  

Written by Jim Boardman    

Wednesday, 17 August 2005

As Rafa Benitez continues to finalise his squad for the new season, Liverpool have been linked with two new names. Bayern Munich's midfielder Hasan Salihamidzic an international with Bosnia-Herzegovina, says he's heard that the Reds are interested in signing him.

Benitez has made no secret of his quest for a new right-sided midfielder, and after Luis Figo chose money over his "dream", the hunt has continued. Salihamidzic is 28 and has two years left on his Bayern contract, but according to reports Bayern are overrun with midfielders and may be prepared to listen.

Salihamidzic said: "I have heard about interest from Liverpool and it is a great honour for me, but, of course, it is not up to me. It is up to the two clubs to decide."

Liverpool's public statements about their hunt for new players though of course leaves agents with a chance to link their players with moves - whether Liverpool are interested in the player or not remains to be seen.

The other player linked with Liverpool is Aston Villa's Nolberto Solano. Liverpool and Villa are in negotiations over a move to Villa for Milan Baros, and the rumours say that the Reds may be prepared to compromise over the valuation if they can take Solano as part of the deal. The rumours also state that Solano has been considering his future anyway, and if Liverpool did show interest he would snatch the chance of being in Champions League action with the Reds.

www.anfieldroad.com

:support: Nur noch rund 14 Tage bevor das Transferfenster schließt und langsam aber sicher sollten die Reds auf der Suche nach Verstärkungen - die Positionen rechtes Mittelfeld und Innenverteidigung gehören noch nachgebessert - fündig werden.

3 Namen werden in diversen Medien am öftesten als potentielle Neuzugänge der Reds genannt:

Nolberto Solano _Peru_ - der technisch ausgereifte Südamerikaner, jahrelang bei Newcastle eine feste Größe, dem der "göttliche Diego" bei den Boca Juniors den Titel "der kleine Maestro" verlieh, zur Zeit bei Aston Villa unter Vertrag könnte als sog. "part-exchange" in einem Deal mit Milan Baros kommen - weniger Geld + Solano für Baros wäre eine gute Variante, mit denen beide Seiten leben könnten... :smoke:

Hasan Salihamidzic _Bosnien_ - der 28jährige ist einer der vielen Mittelfeldakteure der Bayern und auf der rechten Außenbahn vielseitig verwendbar - er könnte sowohl im rechten Mittelfeld als auch als RV eingesetzt werden und wäre ein sehr interessanter Mann mit internationaler Erfahrung und Klasse. Ob in die Bayern abgeben würden (hat noch 2 Jahre Vertrag beim regierenden Deutschen Meister) steht aber in den Sternen... :holy:

Steed Malbranque _Frankreich_ - der begnadete Supertechniker des FC Fulham wird seit Jahren mit einem Wechsel zu einem Spitzenverein der PL in Verbindung gebracht - bis dato spielt er aber immer noch bei den Cottagers.. :ratlos: .ein Wechsel ist in der kurz verbleibenden Zeit eher unwahrscheinlich. Wäre für mich daher die größte Überraschung, sollte er kommen... ;)

Spannende Tage stehen den Fans ins Haus - ich bin neugierig wen sich Rafa Benitez als Verstärkung fürs rechte Mittelfeld und für die Innenverteidigung holen wird !!! :betrunken:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Pass And Move - It's The Liverpool Groove
Lyon's £8.5m bid for Baros Aug 18 2005

By Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

LYON today raised the stakes in the race for Milan Baros by tabling an astonishing £8.5m bid for the striker.

Former Anfield boss Gerard Houllier underlined his determination to recruit the Czech international with a huge offer for the player he brought to Anfield three years ago.

Aston Villa were in pole position to recruit Baros, who has expressed a preference to move to the Midlands.

Indeed, although Liverpool have accepted the French champions' bid, Baros has already informed the Reds he doesn't want to be reunited with his ex-manager.

Liverpool are hoping the lure of Champions League football will make Baros rethink and are prepared to wait until the transfer window is nearly closed for a final decision from the striker.

Lyon's offer is a serious setback to Villa, who hoped to secure the Czech striker for £2m less.

Villa's £6.5m offer has obviously been rejected by the Reds.

Liverpool tried to compromise by asking for Nolberto Solano as part of a deal for Baros.

So far, David O'Leary has firmly rejected the proposal, although Solano himself is believed to be attracted to the prospect of a switch to Merseyside.

The Reds will now await Villa's next move with interest, while Houllier will be hoping his staggering offer and the lucrative wages and signing-on fee Baros can expect following the £26m sale of Michael Essien will tempt him to France.

Meanwhile, the Michael Owen transfer is no closer to being resolved despite ongoing reports his return to Anfield is imminent.

Owen has told Madrid he only wants them to deal with the Reds, and Liverpool will try to agree his transfer, but other clubs are prepared to pay more for his services.

The Reds have not made contact with Madrid yet, and any suggestion a deal could be tied up by the weekend is extremely premature.

Liverpool's international contingent return to Melwood for an early evening training session as preparations begin ahead of Sunderland's visit.

Aber ob Baros wirklich zu Houllier will, nachdem er gesagt hat, er hätte Liverpool verlassen, wenn kein Trainerwechsel stattgefunden hätte...

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Walk like an Egyptian

REDS HOPING TO SIGN AUSTRIAN STARLET :clap:

Paul Eaton 19 August 2005

besian24.jpg

Besian Idrizaj _Österreich_ (17) - offensives Mittelfeld, Angriff - wird er der 1. Österreicher der an der legendären Anfield Road kicken wird ??? :super:

Liverpool are hoping to finalise a deal to bring Austrian youngster Besian Idrizaj to Anfield next week.

Idrizaj, Austria's current young player of the year, recently enjoyed a trial spell at Melwood and the Reds are now set to beat off competition from Arsenal and Inter Milan :eek: to secure his signature.

The 17 year old is an attacking midfielder and currently plays his football with Linzer ASK in the Austrian league.

"I have always been a Liverpool fan and it would be a dream come true to play for them," he said.

"If you get a chance to go to Liverpool on trial then you have to take it. You cannot ingore a trial with the reigning Champions League winners. I would even have swam across the channel just to take part."

Liverpool scouts watched Idrizaj in action for Austria's under 19s at the weekend, when he scored the winning goal in a friendly with Northern Ireland.

"It was the best thing that could happen to me," he added. "I knew some Liverpool officials were in the stands, so scoring the winner was the perfect promotion campaign."

www.liverpoolfc.tv

:support: Wahnsinn. Ich freu mich für den jungen Österreicher. :) Was besseres hätte dem Burschen nicht passieren können. Ich hoffe der Deal kann Anfang nächster Woche finalisiert werden und wir holen uns das Riesentalent !!!

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Walk like an Egyptian

FC Liverpool gelingt 1:0-Arbeitssieg gegen Sunderland… :busserl:

Im ersten Heimspiel der neuen PL-Saison gelingt dem FC Liverpool gegen den ambitionierten Aufsteiger aus Sunderland ein mühevoller 1:0 Arbeitssieg. Liverpool begann sehr stark und hatte in den ersten 15 Minuten gute Chancen auf eine schnelle Führung, doch Gerrard (Pfosten), Morientes per Kopf und Cissé (ein Kunststück den Ball aus einem Meter nicht hineinzubringen) vergaben in aussichtsreicher Position. Es war schließlich Xabi Alonso, der Sunderland-Keeper Kelvin Davis mit einem herrlichen, aber haltbaren, Freistoss bezwingen konnte. Wer dachte, dass Liverpool nun souveräner agierte, der irrte. Der Aufsteiger wurde immer frecher und spielte offensiver, Liverpool spielte zu statisch und langsam, sehr umständlich und durchsichtig und so konnten die Black Cats immer wieder gefährliche Konterattacken landen. Besonders über die Flügel war Sunderland stets gefährlich – kurz vor Seitenwechsel musste Steve Finnan sogar eine Whitehead-Hereingabe vor der Linie wegkratzen…Nach Seitenwechsel änderte sich nicht viel am Spielstil – Sunderland ließ Liverpool kommen, doch die Reds wirkten schwerfällig und taten sich sehr schwer gute Angriffe zu landen. Sunderland war phasenweise optisch überlegen, doch gute Chancen konnten sie Gott sei Dank nicht herausspielen. Das Spiel plätscherte so dahin – Hauptdarsteller im Chancenvernebeln war der unglücklich agierende Djibril Cissé – zuerst konnte er einen Patzer der Sunderland-Abwehr nicht verwerten und dann klaute ihm Schiri Knight auch noch ein reguläres Tor…- es war nicht sein Tag und auch nicht der von Fernando Morientes, der zwar brav kämpfte, aber so gut wie keine brauchbaren Zuspiele erhielt. Nach einem krampfhaften, fehlerhaften Spiel gegen einen beherzt kämpfenden Aufsteiger, brachte der FC Liverpool den Pflichtsieg ins Trockene. In den nächsten Wochen – es warten Kaliber wie Tottenham und Manchester United – muß aber von den Reds spielerisch mehr kommen, sonst wird es sehr, sehr schwer in den Titelkampf einzugreifen…

:support: Mein Fazit:

Wie im letzten Jahr gesehen, tut sich der FC Liverpool gegen defensive Mannschaften, die auf Konter lauern sehr, sehr schwer. Es fehlt der klassische Spielgestalter, der den überraschenden Paß spielen kann oder selbst den Abschluß sucht, der eine massierte stehende Abwehr aushebeln kann. Liverpool operierte zu oft mit hohen Bällen, mit denen die Spitzen nur wenig anfangen können, es fehlt nach wie vor eine „klassische Nr. 10“ in Reihen der Reds. Einige Spieler sind noch nicht in Form oder noch nicht fit, besonders Luis Garcia’s Vorstellung war eine Frechheit. Zenden spielt zwar sehr brav, aber ob er einen topfiten John-Arne Riise im linken Mittelfeld auf Dauer verdrängen wird, ist zu bezweifeln. Der Norweger ist noch nicht in bester Verfassung und kam über einen Kurzeinsatz nicht hinaus. Bemerkenswert sind ie Auftritte des jungen 20jährigen Maliers Mohamed „Momo“ Sissoko. Er gewinnt sehr viele Zweikämpfe, spielt sehr körperbetont und präsent und ist derzeit im Mittelfeld zu Recht neben Gerrard und Xabi Alonso gesetzt. Die Stürmer bleiben ebenfalls noch viel schuldig. In den Vorbereitungsspielen dachte man, dass ihnen endlich der Knopf aufzugehen scheint, aber Tore in der PL – Fehlanzeige.Der FC Liverpool hat noch sehr viel Luft nach oben, aber zu Saisonbeginn zählen vorrangig nur die Ergebnisse und die passen bis jetzt, denn. 4 Punkte aus 2 PL-Spielen sind in Ordnung. Positiv zu bemerken ist, dass die Defensive schon sehr gut funktioniert. Sowohl Keeper Reina als auch die Abwehrrecken Hyypia und Carragher im Zentrum und Finnan sowie Warnock auf den Außenbahnen sind in guter Verfassung, eingespielt und lassen nur wenige Torchancen der gegnerischen Teams zu, daher steht immer noch die Null, hoffen wir, dass das in den nächsten Matches auch so bleibt…

Premier League – 2. Spieltag

sunderland_v_h_120.jpg

FC Liverpool – AFC Sunderland 1:0 (1:0)

FC Liverpool: Reina – Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia, Warnock – Zenden (Riise 63.), Sissoko, Gerrard (Luis Garcia 55.), Xabi Alonso – Morientes, Cissé (Baros 75.)

AFC Sunderland: Davis – Nosworthy, Breen, Stubbs, Arca – Lawrence (Elliott 66.), Miller, Whitehead, Robinson (Woods 81.), Welsh (rot /74.) – Gray (Brown 66.)

1:0 Xabi Alonso (24./Freistoss)

Anfield Road – 44 913 – SR: Knight

goleador2000 – 21.8.2005 :winke:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag