Markus Schopp

BarnsleyFan

Anfänger

Hi, Barnsley fan here 

I'm looking at Austrian Football Forum AGAIN to see about another possible Head Coach for BarnsleyFC. 

First what are you hearing in Austria about the possible move of Schopp?

Also what's he like? What style of play do you play? 

Thanks

BarnsleyFan

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Postinho
BarnsleyFan schrieb vor 3 Stunden:

Hi, Barnsley fan here 

I'm looking at Austrian Football Forum AGAIN to see about another possible Head Coach for BarnsleyFC. 

Thanks

BarnsleyFan

In Styrian (federal State of Austria) local Media has written, that the deal is nearly done and normally they have a good connection to the local clubs, so i think Schopp will leave Hartberg soon.

Before his last contract extension not a month ago, there was some trouble as (from the outside) Hartberg wasn't his first opinion but the other two Austrian Clubs in the Race have chosen someone else or stayed with there current Manager (LASK and Austria Wien). So in Hartberg not all fans were happy with the whole situation, as we felt like the last opinion for him.

Now to himself and his game, he has been in Hartberg for 3 seasons (since playing in the Bundesliga) and actually performs above expectations every year, purely in terms of budget you would have to be relegated every year but he even made it to the Europe League Qualification.

Regarding the style of play, I would say that for the budget and the infrastructural Background, he plays very attractively, sometimes with high pressing, fast switching play and generally looking for salvation on the offensive. Which of course means that we score goals more often but also conceded goals more often.

I wish him all the best at Barnsley!

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

ASB-Legende
BarnsleyFan schrieb vor 5 Stunden:

Hi, Barnsley fan here 

Thanks

BarnsleyFan

Welcome to our channel :) 

It is extremly likely that he will leave Hartberg towards Barnsley i would say. Several News Paper this morning reported and the club did not decline as well. 

I would consider the chance >90% since those news stations are usually well informed. 

What is his style?

I would say he likes to establish the game from the defense, no long passes throughout the whole field. Once we got the ball secured in the middle often we try to be very fast with our attacks. He clearly surprised everyone in the Bundesliga several seasons with Hartberg considering the lowest budget compared to the other teams.

Last but not least: He was not able to establish a good and stable defense. This is defenitly not his strength. 

Good luck in Barnsley.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Anfänger

Thankyou for the replies. 

I didn't think I was going to get two replies then I got 2. 

Barnsley have been a good customer of the Austrian league over the years with players and Coaches. I think the first we got was Knasmüllner and since we've had more success with sollbauer ect and the coaches have been good.  

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Postinho
BarnsleyFan schrieb am 26.6.2021 um 20:47 :

Thankyou for the replies. 

I didn't think I was going to get two replies then I got 2. 

Barnsley have been a good customer of the Austrian league over the years with players and Coaches. I think the first we got was Knasmüllner and since we've had more success with sollbauer ect and the coaches have been good.  

So as the following article says, that Schopp is already in Barnsley, I guess the deal will be completed soon. 

Speaking about Sollbauer I was really surprised, that he can play on that Level in England. I thought Ritzmair would be able to perform better.

But any way I wish you and Schopp all the best for the new Season, to see a former Hartberg Coach performing in the PL soon would be outstanding!    

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Anfänger
13 hours ago, User1234 said:

So as the following article says, that Schopp is already in Barnsley, I guess the deal will be completed soon. 

Speaking about Sollbauer I was really surprised, that he can play on that Level in England. I thought Ritzmair would be able to perform better.

But any way I wish you and Schopp all the best for the new Season, to see a former Hartberg Coach performing in the PL soon would be outstanding!    

Hopefully both fan  groups will find out tomorrow or maybe Wednesday. 

Barnsley players are back for pre season checks this week and the start of pre season. 

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

• 2 months later...
ASB-Legende
papawalter schrieb vor 1 Stunde:

Schau ma moi wie lange Schopp noch Barnsley Trainer ist. Nach 9 Runden Platz 20 1 Sieg 5 Unentschieden.

Letzte Saison unter Ismael Play - off und fast Aufstieg 

schaut nicht gut aus. 6/10 Torverhältnis. 

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Teamspieler
papawalter schrieb am 27.9.2021 um 13:02 :

Schau ma moi wie lange Schopp noch Barnsley Trainer ist.

Wird schon eng für ihn:

https://www.weltfussball.at/news/_n4649472_/markus-schopp-vor-rauswurf-bei-barnsley/

Interessanterweise scheint es in Barnsley die Offensive zu sein, die er nicht zu stabilisieren schafft (wenigste Tore der ganzen Liga), bei uns war ja immer eher die defensive Entwicklung limitiert.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Weltklassecoach

Barnsley hat wieder verloren - hat mich dieses Mal gefreut, weil ich halte schon ewig in England zu Reading (sind natürlich blau / weiss ;)). Habe aber keine Ahnung, ob Schoppi noch Trainer dort ist, nach den ganzen Gerüchten. Jetzt wäre es auf jeden Fall Zeit.

Hat er sich sicher anders vorgestellt.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

ASB-Legende
papawalter schrieb vor 1 Stunde:

Barnsley hat wieder verloren - hat mich dieses Mal gefreut, weil ich halte schon ewig in England zu Reading (sind natürlich blau / weiss ;)). Habe aber keine Ahnung, ob Schoppi noch Trainer dort ist, nach den ganzen Gerüchten. Jetzt wäre es auf jeden Fall Zeit.

Hat er sich sicher anders vorgestellt.

Potential Markus Schopp successor emerges as Barnsley struggle continues (msn.com)

Aufjedenfall verdichten sich die Zeichen auf Abschied. Noch ist er Trainer bei Barnsley.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

• 2 weeks later...