Scharner zu Birmingham?

Silver Torah

Wurde zwar schon einmal diskutiert, hier gibts allerdings einen neuen Artikel der BBC:

Birmingham hope to sign Scharner

Birmingham boss Steve Bruce has confirmed the club hope to sign Austria defender Paul Scharner when the transfer window opens in January.

"We are definitely looking at Scharner," said Bruce of the 25-year-old Brann Bergen player.

"He is a fantastic player. We are trying to negotiate but, at the moment, that hasn't been easy. With Kenny Cunningham out of contract in the summer we need to address that part of the team."

The Blues boss was impressed by Scharner when he played a pre-season friendly against his team. Bruce added that central defender Cunningham, 34, "will make his own mind up about what he wants to do".

The Republic of Ireland international is out of contract at the end of the season and is keeping his options open. Bruce is looking long term, with regard to new signings and committing current players to new contracts.

"I'm keen on bringing in a few players," he added.

"I'm looking at two or three and hopefully we will be bringing players in during the transfer window."

Defensive duo Matthew Upson, 26, and Mario Melchiot, 28, are two players Bruce hopes to commit to long-term deals.

"We tried to speak to Matthew in the summer about a new contract," said the Blues boss.

"We've got him for this year and another two years so there isn't an initial hurry. Obviously, with someone like him, you would like to tie him down for the next four or five years if we could and I'll have that conversation again.

"In an ideal world I'd love to tie him - and Mario Melchiot - up on long-term deals because players of their quality don't come around very often."

And Bruce hinted that Upson could skipper the side in the future.

"I see in Matty a possible future captain," he added.

"He has got all the qualities. He has been my captain at times and vice-captain. He has got all the traits required."

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Silver Torah
Norwegen dürfe ein guter Platz für Spieler sein. Er muss sich wirklich weiterentwickelt haben.  :D

837374[/snapback]

Scharner war auch bei der Austria auf dem Platz schon gut, aber sonst halt ein Dodl. Wenn er das in den Griff bekommen hat, dann ist er sicherlich ein fixer Bestandteil des Nationalteams für die Zukunft.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Большевик
Scharner war auch bei der Austria auf dem Platz schon gut, aber sonst halt ein Dodl. Wenn er das in den Griff bekommen hat, dann ist er sicherlich ein fixer Bestandteil des Nationalteams für die Zukunft.

837394[/snapback]

Des mag schon sein. Er hat sicher einige gute Partien bei der Austria abgeliefert aber dann bei Salzburg war er mMn ein Totalausfall.

Weiters bezweifle ich, ob er die Qualität eine (ehemaligen?) irischen Nationalspielers hat.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Sehr bekannt im ASB

Wäre super! Dann hätten wir mit Pogatetz und Scharner zwei Verteidiger aus der PL und Stranzl einen fixen Bestandteil aus der deutschen Bundesliga. Verteidigung ist ja eh super und mit Gercaliu und Dober wachsen zwei gute nach.

Allerdings unser Sturm, da kommt mir das Weinen.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Amateur

wenn ich der manger von Birmingham wäre, würde ich in den vertrag einen punkt einbringen das er nur zu Birmingham gehen darf wenn er den kontakt zu seinem mongo mental choach hobel beendet!!!!!

der redet ihm ja die ganze scheiße ein!!!

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

• 2 weeks later...
Silver Torah
Birmingham table bid for Scharner

Birmingham boss Steve Bruce has confirmed he has made a bid for Austrian defender Paul Scharner. The 25-year-old, who played against England on Saturday, is at Norwegian club Brann Bergen and caught Bruce's eye in a pre-season friendly.

"We have made a bid for Scharner and we are just waiting to see what develops," Bruce told the Birmingham website. "We have been aware of him for a while and he has the added bonus of being able to play in several positions."

Bruce is keen to find a long-term replacement for 34-year-old Kenny Cunningham, who is out of contract in the summer. The Blues boss added: "We hope we can find some common ground (with Scharner's club). We have got our own valuation of him but we have got three, four or five other targets."

Meanwhile, Bruce is hoping defensive duo Matthew Upson, 26, and Mario Melchiot, 28, will commit to long-term deals. "We tried to speak to Matthew in the summer about a new contract," said Bruce. "We've got him for this year and another two years so there isn't an initial hurry. Obviously, with someone like him, you would like to tie him down for the next four or five years if we could and I'll have that conversation again. In an ideal world I'd love to tie him - and Mario Melchiot - up on long-term deals because players of their quality don't come around very often."

BBC Sport

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag