FC United of Manchester

Im ASB-Olymp

Scheint ein bisschen die Luft draußen zu sein, oder?

Seh ich in nicht so. FCUM ist ein bisschen mehr als schnellstmöglicher sportlicher Erfolg, vollkommen egal wie dieser erreicht wurde.

Auf dem Weg zum eigenen Ground gibt es noch genug Steine wegzuräumen, aber das wäre ein Meilenstein, der für den Verein ungleich wichtiger wäre als bei anderen Clubs.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

• 2 months later...
Im ASB-Olymp
FC United Submits Planning Application for Community Stadium in Moston

8 July 2011

FC United of Manchester today (Friday) submitted a planning application for a 5,000-capacity community stadium in Moston.

full press release

Moston Community Stadium Facility

Ein paar haben sich auch schon die Mühe eines Wikipedia Artikels gemacht: Moston Community Stadium

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Im ASB-Olymp

Ja, ersteres ist noch nicht öffentlich, aber ich fand's interessant.

MX DATA SIGNS FOR FC UNITED AS FIRST CLUB & COMMUNITY SPONSOR

Dear FC United Supporter,

We wanted you to be the first to know that the Club has signed a groundbreaking first main club and community sponsorship agreement with mxData Limited. We have had a main club sponsor before but not one that has specifically targeted financial support to our community work.

We will be publicly announcing the deal later this week. The press release which will give some details about the agreement and the motivation of both FC United and mxData in partnering with each other. In the meantime, this email is intended to inform you, the Club’s supporters, about what this means for FC United.

The Wilmslow-based mobile location services company (producing phone applications), has agreed a two-year contract, placing specific emphasis on supporting our community work. David James, who founded mxData in 2004, spoke to us a few days ago to tell us why he is supporting FC United.

“I didn’t want to go down the normal sponsorship route of corporate facilities, or put our logo all over a club’s identity. I wanted something more meaningful than that,”

“I’ve long been keen to find and support a cause that offers a genuine community benefit the entire company can adopt and get behind – offering practical help and benefits as well as financial support.

David first came into contact with FC United when he attended the Club’s Development Fund Gala Dinner in March.

“I was impressed with what I heard on the night. After learning more about FC United’s ethos and its community work, then meeting some of the people who help run the club, I realised I’d found a great organisation to work with. And when they told me I couldn’t have the mxData logo on the team shirt because of the club’s constitution, I decided they were the perfect fit.

“This really isn’t about so-called brand awareness. We know that our phone is not going to ring on a Monday because people might have seen our name in your programme on a Saturday. This is about helping an organisation who is making a genuine difference to people’s lives.”

The deal will help the Club bid for grants and funding that would otherwise be out of its reach. Speaking over the weekend, Andy Walsh had this to say about the agreement.

“This is an innovative deal that will help us progress our community aims. It’s the kind of agreement we have been looking for since 2005. We have had and indeed still have lots of businesses who get what we’re about and provide us with vital sponsorship and for this we are extremely grateful. However, we’ve never found a company who could support us to this extent without wanting us to sacrifice our core principles.

“We’re not against sponsorship if it’s a sensible arrangement and used for the benefit of the club and its supporters,” said Andy. “What we are against is putting commercial interests before those of the club, and we always want to work with organisations who understand this.

“From the start, David has been keen on our ethos and aims, and has talked to us about going above and beyond the financial support – for example by providing work experience opportunities for some of the people who have taken part in our community schemes.

“David and his team genuinely want to be involved in, and support, our community work and the club’s aims, rather than using the club only to raise their brand awareness. We’re delighted they’re on board.”

On behalf of everyone at FC United we would like to thank mxData for pledging their support to the Club. We’re excited about what it means for us and what it will help us to achieve.

Help us crank up the heat for FC United energy scheme

As part of our proposals for our own ground in Moston, we want to develop a district heating system that will benefit not only our stadium but other organisations in the area too.

Our ambition is to implement a system that would re-use the heat produced in electricity production, to heat buildings near the stadium. The system would be very energy efficient, potentially offering energy savings of up to 30 per cent and giving us and our neighbours cheaper energy prices.

We are exploring doing this through the setting up of an energy supply company, and work with neighbouring organisations to ensure they can be partners in the scheme and enjoy cheaper bills, while having input into how it works.

Once established, we would look to extend this scheme to homes near the stadium - and so put FC United at the heart of a community partnership scheme that provides cheaper energy to potentially hundreds of people in Moston.

Of course this all depends on getting the necessary permission to develop our ground in Moston. But there is an organisation that could help us with funding for our scheme. And we want to get involved with it now, to bid for money and hopefully get part of the budget in place to implement our energy plan, should our proposal for Moston get the green light.

This organisation is energyshare. energyshare is currently searching for inspiring renewable energy projects across Britain for the trial round of funding and FC United of Manchester has already registered to be considered for a share of the pot.

However, a public vote will decide which groups go forward to the next round and this is where we need your help.

Please visit www.energyshare.com to register with the energyshare website you will need to do this to vote.

Then please visit our profile page to support our bid: www.energyshare.com/mostoncommunityenergyshare

We need to amass hundreds of votes as soon as possible to progress, so please support our bid and spread the word.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Im ASB-Olymp
Sam Ashton leaves FC United

FC United of Manchester can confirm goalkeeper Sam Ashton has left the club.

Manager Karl Marginson said: “It’s with great regret we see Sam go but it was the player’s decision. After a conversation with Sam, I can confirm he has signed for Skelmersdale United.

“He told me he was concerned about getting regular first team football which is perfectly understandable. With the development of the squad for this season we have brought in new players including a new keeper in James Spencer from Northwich Victoria."

And Margy paid tribute to the keeper who has been at the club for five years: “Sam has always been a brilliant ambassador for the club both on and off the pitch. But we need to maintain a strong squad and I have to do what I believe is best for the club.

"On both a personal and professional level I am sorry to see Sam leave but I believe competition for places is the right thing to do for the club, and the players we’ve got for this season are happy to fight for a starting spot.

“Sam will always be welcome back at FC United and he leaves the club on excellent terms and we hope to see him at a game in the future.”

21-07-2011 at 13:09

:(

Sam Ashton :love::allaaah:

:hupfi:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
The King

Nice. Sehr traditionell die Lage, einzig die Verkehrsanbindung könnte besser sein, wenn ichs jetzt recht im Kopf hab. Weißt du, ob die nahen Bahnhöfe überhaupt 'offen' sind? Bei Google Maps steht nur 'closed'. Die Tram verlängerns ja auch eher weiter südlich beim Etihad Campus (:lol:).

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

• 4 months later...
Im ASB-Olymp

1_6million_Final_coloured1_web.png

FC United hits community share target

Thank you

:happy:

FC United stepped up their promotion push by claiming a vital three points at third placed Hednesford Town on Saturday afternoon courtesy of a 2-1 win with first half goals from Adam Jones and Lee Neville.

Whatever manager Karl Marginson said in his pre-match teamtalk clearly worked because the Reds came flying out of the blocks like a steamtrain and were 2-0 up inside 13 minutes. A lead which would prove just enough to seal victory.

There was an atmosphere of celebration in Keys Park before a ball had even been kicked with the vast majority of the 1,228 supporters in attendance in party mood following the announcement that the FC United faithful has raised an incredible £1.6 million in community shares.

The players, clearly pumped up, responded to the support in emphatic fashion, over running the Pitmen in every department and visibly rattling their usually assured defence.

[...]

This was a vital victory for FC United, one that seemed plain sailing in the first half but needed a backs to the wall job in the second half to see out the game and claim the three points.

Man of the Match- Adam Jones. He just edges out James Spencer for his opening goal and general coolness and marshalling of the defence in a second half where the home side were on top.

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/story.php?story_id=4114

Sehr wichtig gwesen, wenn man sich die Tabelle anschaut (2.-5. im PO):

3 Chorley 34 +21 64

4 Hednesford Town 35 +21 64

5 Bradford Park Avenue 33 +20 62

6 FC United of Manchester 34 +26 61

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...