Melde dich an, um diesem Inhalt zu folgen  
Folgen diesem Inhalt 0
Showdown

Terroristen wollen Old Trafford sprengen

12 Beiträge in diesem Thema

Orf Meldung

Die britischen Behörden haben offenbar einen groß angelegten Terroranschlag verhindert. Zehn Islamisten wurden am Montag festgenommen, wie die Polizei bestätigte. Laut "Sun" hatten sie ein Anschlag mit mehreren Selbstmordattentätern bei einem Fußballspiel geplant. Die von den mutmaßlichen Terroristen reservierten Plätze sind auf das ganze Old-Trafford-Stadion verteilt. Der Schlager Manchester United - Liverpool wird kommenden Samstag weltweit von TV-Stationen übertragen. "Tausende hätten sterben können", sagt die Polizei.

einfach krank diese terroristen... gottseidank konnte das vereitelt werden, über das ausmass der verwüstung brauch ma glaub ich ned sprechen, wenn je einer in nem anderen sektor sitzt.

quelle orf.at

Diesen Beitrag teilen


Link zum Beitrag
Auf anderen Seiten teilen

Ein Anschlag bei diesem Spiel hätte wohl den ganzen englischen Fussball erschüttert :eek:. Und da es sicher eine Massenpanik gegeben hätte wären wohl wirklich tausende gestorben.

United dementiert aber die ganze Geschichte, aber was sollten sie sonst tun :ratlos:

__________

Manchester United dismiss terror target reports

George Wright and agencies

Tuesday April 20, 2004

Guardian

Manchester United today dismissed speculation that the club's Old Trafford stadium could have been the target of a foiled terrorist attack.

United spokesman Phil Townsend played down newspaper reports that the Premiership club had been a target for those arrested in a series of anti-terror raids by Greater Manchester police yesterday.

He said that the club had received no warnings from police, and refused to comment on suggestions that Old Trafford - which attracts regular crowds of almost 70,000 fans - would be an obvious target for terrorists planning an attack in Manchester.

Responding to reports that al-Qaida terrorists had planned suicide bombings at Saturday's match against Liverpool, Mr Townsend said: "We have not been told that Old Trafford has been identified as a target.

"We are in discussions with police regarding security at the ground, but these are the routine discussions we would have on any matchday. Decisions regarding security are normally made on matchdays."

His comments follow the arrest of 10 people of north African and Iraqi Kurdish origin, who are being held on suspicion of the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism following the dawn anti-terror raids.

Six men and a woman were arrested in Greater Manchester, and three other men were arrested in Staffordshire, South Yorkshire and the West Midlands. The suspects can be held without charge for 14 days under the Terrorism Act.

According to the Sun, yesterday's armed police raids, which centred on a takeaway restaurant, were prompted by intelligence that suspected terrorists had purchased tickets for Saturday's match in different parts of the stadium and were allegedly planning a mass suicide bombing.

An unnamed police source quoted by the paper said: "If successful, any such attack would have caused absolute carnage. Thousands of people could have been killed."

Other reports suggested that the alleged terrorists were considering a bomb attack on the Old Trafford shopping centre, which could also have caused a devastating loss of life.

A 1996 lorry bomb attack on Manchester's Arndale shopping centre by Irish Republican terrorists, in which more than 200 people were injured, remains fresh in the city's memory.

Yesterday's raids involved more than 400 officers, and were co-ordinated by Greater Manchester police with assistance from the security services and the Metropolitan police's anti-terrorism branch.

There are appeared to be no direct link with a similar operation carried out in London and the south-east earlier this month, in which the Metropolitan police arrested nine men of Pakistani origin and seized a large quantity of potentially explosive fertiliser.

Senior officers have refused to discuss potential targets of the alleged plot in Manchester, or even to confirm reports that the raids followed a large surveillance operation involving the interception of telephone calls and messages.

Assistant Chief Constable David Whatton, of Greater Manchester police, said that yesterday's arrests and searches of several properties had been "part of an ongoing operation looking at the threat of terrorism across the whole of the UK".

Diesen Beitrag teilen


Link zum Beitrag
Auf anderen Seiten teilen

sowas hätte nicht nur den englischen Fussball erschüttert sondern die ganze Welt. Das hätte wohl fast die Ausmaße der TwinTower-Anschläge erreicht.

Wie können diese islamischen Freaks :hää?deppat?: nur daran denken irgendwelche englischen Zivilisten in die Luft zu sprengen?

Hoffentlich ist die Story (zumindest in dem extremen Ausmaß) nicht wahr und United dementiert zurecht.

Diesen Beitrag teilen


Link zum Beitrag
Auf anderen Seiten teilen
Wie können diese islamischen Freaks :hää?deppat?: nur daran denken irgendwelche englischen Zivilisten in die Luft zu sprengen?

Denen ist es egal wer ins Gras beisst. Ob Amerikaner, Spanier oder Engländer....nur ihre Rache zählt. Wie krank :(

Diesen Beitrag teilen


Link zum Beitrag
Auf anderen Seiten teilen
Ich glaub nicht, dass da stimmt...

Die Karten sollen sie wohl wirklich schon gekauft habe. Was, mit der Verteilung auf alle Sektoren gemeinsam, kann wohl zumindest als Indiz gelten kann.

Manchester football clubs deny terror warnings

FROM PA NEWS AND TIMES ONLINE

Both Manchester United and Manchester City have today dismissed speculation that their stadiums have been identified as a terror target.

Phil Townsend, Manchester United club spokesman, played down newspaper reports that the Premiership club was targeted by terrorist suspects arrested yesterday.

He said the club had received no warnings from police and refused to comment on suggestions it would be an target for terrorists planning an attack in the city.

John Wardle, the chairman of Manchester City, also said the police had made no mention to them of a terrorist threat to their City of Manchester ground.

Mr Townsend said: "We have not been told that Old Trafford has been identified as a target."

He continued: "We are in discussions with police regarding security at the ground, but these are the routine discussions we would have on any match day. Decisions regarding security are normally made on match days."

Manchester United play Charlton Athletic at Old Trafford tonight and are due to meet Liverpool on Saturday. Detectives are questioning those arrested in the anti-terror swoops at police stations across the region.

Their comments follow the arrest of ten people of North African and Iraqi Kurdish origin who are held on suspicion of the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism following a series of dawn raids yesterday morning.

Six men and a woman were arrested in Greater Manchester and three other men were arrested in Staffordshire, South Yorkshire and West Midlands. They can be held for up a fortnight without being charged.

Security services are believed to have mounted electronic surveillance which suggested a possible attack aimed at a "large gathering of people".

One security service source said that the arrests were part of a continuing investigation after concern that targets in the North West were being scouted.

Along with Old Trafford and the City of Manchester Stadium, built for the Commonwealth Games, the city has two of the country's biggest shopping precincts the Trafford Centre, which attracts 27 million visitors a year, and the Arndale.

More than 400 police, backed by Scotland Yard counter-terrorist officers and MI5 agents, took part in the co-ordinated early-morning raids across Greater Manchester and three counties.

The raids on at least seven addresses are understood to be part of an operation which began last year and has resulted in a number of high-profile arrests.

The investigation prompted ministers to heighten security in Britain before Christmas. Greater Manchester Police has stepped up terrorist surveillance operations in the past few weeks and moved 50 officers from regular duties to a task force.

Assistant Chief Constable David Whatton, of Greater Manchester Police, said: "I am aware that there is extensive speculation about possible targets. As with any counter-terrorist operation, we will not confirm or deny any targets."

Mr Whatton described the arrests as part of an operation "looking at the threat of terrorism across the whole of the United Kingdom". Police would not disclose what triggered the timing of the arrests.

One of the addresses raided was a flat in Upper Brook Street, near Manchester city centre. Forensic science experts spent the day inside the flat, above a fast food restuarant. Items were taken away in black plastic dustbin liners, but they were not thought to include explosives.

Neighbours expressed surprise that the Iraqi Kurd living at the flat had been arrested, describing him as "friendly, polite and soft spoken".

They said that the man, thought to be in his early 20s, worked at the Dolphins restaurant, which is owned by his two brothers, who were not detained. The owners of a computer firm next door said that they were woken by the raid, which began at 4am.

Teresa Powell, who lives near by, said that the men who worked in restuarant had said that they were from Mamaris, in Turkey. "There were three or four of them, and all of them really nice men and very hard working."

The area is bedsit territory, popular with students from Manchester University and immigrant families. It is about six miles from the £980 million Trafford Centre, one of the biggest in Europe, with 280 stores and 36 restaurants.

Eight years ago, the IRA set off the biggest bomb on the UK mainland since the Second World War, destroying many buildings in the centre of Manchester.

Islamic clerics in Manchester said that those arrested were not linked to two mosques in the Upper Brook Street area.

Sheikh Mohammed bal Qadri, deputy director of the Islamic Academy, said: "There are no suspicious activities at this mosque. Since September 11 we have been very vigilant, as mosques should be. If I see a person who is new, I ask him why he is here and what he is doing. We are against all these evil acts."

There is no link with arrests earlier this month in London and the Home Counties where all those detained are British-born and of Pakistani origin. They have been charged with terrorism offences.

In those raids, 600kg of ammonium nitrate fertiliser, which can be used in bomb making, was recovered.

Separately, a number of people from north Africa, in particular Algeria, are being detained indefinitely without trial under emergency antiterrorist legislation. A number of other Algerian-born militants have been jailed in the UK for their part in organising fake identity documents and cloned credit cards to raise money for groups linked to al-Qaeda.

Islamic militants from Algeria and Morocco were also behind the Madrid train bombings which killed 192 people last month. The same group was also behind the suicide attacks in Casablanca last year which killed 46 people.

Diesen Beitrag teilen


Link zum Beitrag
Auf anderen Seiten teilen

Unfassbar, wenn es stimmt! Aber klar, dass United dementiert, da könnte ja ein riesiger Schaden für den Verein werden!

Man stelle sich aber vor, da wären wirklich Bomben hochgegangen...und 68.200 Zuschauer im Stadion :mad::nein:

bearbeitet von Green Magic

Diesen Beitrag teilen


Link zum Beitrag
Auf anderen Seiten teilen

1998 hat bin laden sogar schon eien anschlag geplant. es gibt ein buch"terror on the pitch" in dem alles genau beschrieben wird.

ich glaub es selbst war in seiner studien zeit in england und da watford fan oder besucher.

Diesen Beitrag teilen


Link zum Beitrag
Auf anderen Seiten teilen
Ein Anschlag bei diesem Spiel hätte wohl den ganzen englischen Fussball erschüttert  :eek:. Und da es sicher eine Massenpanik gegeben hätte wären wohl wirklich tausende gestorben. 

United dementiert aber die ganze Geschichte, aber was sollten sie sonst tun :ratlos:

dies hätte nicht nur den englischen sonder den gesamten sport und auch z. B. die olympischen Spiele im August erschüttert...

wahnsinn.. nimmt das denn kein ende?

bearbeitet von m_fiala

Diesen Beitrag teilen


Link zum Beitrag
Auf anderen Seiten teilen
"The Sun", das sagt alles!

Fragt mal im roten Liverpool nach, was die von der Zeitung halten!

Die Verkaufszahlen von vor Hillsborough haben sie in Liverpool auf jedenfall nicht mehr erreicht. Und das ist auch gut so, aber das ganze ist auch in seriöseren Zeitungen drinnen siehe die gequoteten Artikel von mir.

Diesen Beitrag teilen


Link zum Beitrag
Auf anderen Seiten teilen

Erstelle ein Benutzerkonto oder melde dich an, um zu kommentieren

Du musst ein Benutzerkonto haben, um einen Kommentar verfassen zu können

Benutzerkonto erstellen

Neues Benutzerkonto für unsere Community erstellen. Es ist einfach!


Neues Benutzerkonto erstellen

Anmelden

Du hast bereits ein Benutzerkonto? Melde dich hier an.


Jetzt anmelden
Melde dich an, um diesem Inhalt zu folgen  
Folgen diesem Inhalt 0

  • Folge uns auf Facebook

  • Partnerlinks

  • Unsere Sponsoren und Partnerseiten

  • Wer ist Online

    Keine registrierten Benutzer online.