Toronto Maple Leafs

what's the chapel of mine

Carolina Hurricanes - Toronto Maple Leafs 3:2 OT (0:1, 1:0, 1:1, 1:0)

0:1 (4.) Tlusty 4 (Sundin, Gill)

1:1 (34.) Gleason 2 (Walker, Whitney)

2:1 (44.) Walker 6 (Gleason, Hedican)

2:2 (60.) Sundin 22 (Tucker)

3:2 (64.) Brind'Amour 9 PP OT (Whitney, Stillman)

SOG: Canes 38, Leafs 26.

PIM: Canes 4, Leafs 32.

PP: Canes 1/5, Leafs 0/1.

-> Recap

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Mozart would have enjoyed this

Mit einem unparteiischen Schiedsrichter hätten die Leafs gestern gewonnen.

Paßt aber irgendwie zur Saison, wo auf so vielen Ebenen so viel falsch gelaufen ist.

Ausgerechnet Schweiger Antropov hat gestern völlig die Nerven verloren und nach dem OT-Siegestreffer der Canes den Stock Richtung Referees geworfen. :red: --> automatische Sperre für 3 Spiele.

bearbeitet von AustroLeaf

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Silver Torah

Koharski beweist seine Klasse einmal mehr. Ein Tor von Blake wurde aberkannt, das Tor von Walker (high stick) hingegen zählte. Gleason hat den Puck im Crease mit der Hand gespielt, kein Penalty Shot. Und dann noch die tolle Antropov-Entscheidung. Sensationell.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

SUNDIN VOWS TO STAND FIRM ON HIS DECISION NOT TO WAIVE NO-TRADE-CLAUSE

Leafs GM Cliff Fletcher will have a tough sell on his hands if he's planning to ask Mats Sundin to waive his no-trade clause when the two meet in the coming days. "I can talk to Cliff, why wouldn't I ... and I'm sure he has all kinds of things to talk to me about, but it won't change my position," Sundin said yesterday before the Leafs jetted off to Carolina for a game tonight against the Hurricanes.

Since last season, when the prospect of trading Sundin became an urgent issue with the team, Sundin has steadfastly claimed that he loves Toronto and the Leafs and won't entertain a trade to a contender so he can win what would be the first Stanley Cup of his 17-year NHL career at age 36.

With the Leafs holding little to no hope of making the playoffs, however, Sundin may rethink his position. Fletcher may be banking on that. With Sundin becoming an unrestricted free agent July 1, now is the time to acquire prospects and draft picks for him, then consider re-signing him in the summer on a one-year contract similar to the one-year, $5.5 million deal he inked for this season.

Sundin has been linked – at least in the media – to Vancouver and Detroit, teams deemed to be the best fit because they harbour many of the Swedish stars he played with when Sweden won gold at the 2006 Winter Olympics.

Sundin appears prepared for big changes with the team. "We're in a winning business and when your team is in the position we are in, there's always going to be trade talks about pretty much all the players in the room," he said. "If we're not playing up to par or where we expect to be, there's going to be all kinds of changes made. We've already seen that this year, and as players we're in a position where anything can happen to us. That comes with the territory, especially near the deadline, that's for sure."

Fletcher said earlier this week that he would be meeting with Sundin likely sometime in early February – to broach the subject of a trade. Sundin, with a relatively cheap contract, ranks among the top players potentially available at the Feb.26 trade deadline.

-> Toronto Star

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Toronto Maple Leafs - Ottawa Senators 4:2 (2:1, 0:0, 2:1)

1:0 (10.) Moore 2 (Devereaux)

2:0 (15.) Tlusty 5 PP (Stajan, Blake)

2:1 (16.) Foligno 6 (Robitaille, Meszaros)

2:2 (42.) Neil 6 (McAmmond, Robitaille)

3:2 (45.) Colaiacovo 1 (Earl, Moore)

4:2 (49.) Blake 11 (Stajan)

SOG: Leafs 26, Sens 21.

PIM: Leafs 0, Sens 12.

PP: Leafs 1/6, Sens 0/0.

-> Recap

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

MINORS MIRACLE AT ACC

As part of Canadian Forces Appreciation Weekend, four soldiers in camouflage gear slid down ropes from the Air Canada Centre rafters down to the ice during a pre-game ceremony last night. Given the amount of regulars missing from the lineups of the Maple Leafs and Ottawa Senators, maybe general managers Cliff Fletcher and Bryan Murray should have been waiting at the bottom with tryout contracts for the troops.

This edition of the Battle of Ontario was lacking some very familiar names. Absent from the Senators were injured players Daniel Alfredsson, Dany Heatley, Chris Phillips and Patrick Eaves. With Alfredsson, Toronto's Public Enemy No. 1, still back in Ottawa, the capacity crowd had trouble figuring out which Senator to boo consistently. The Leafs, meanwhile, were even worse off with eight players sidelined. Goalie prospect Justin Pogge, who was sitting in the press box, probably thought he was watching a Marlies reunion on the ice, considering how many of his former American Hockey League teammates were donning Leafs uniforms.

That's what made the 4-2 Toronto victory over the visiting Senators last night so impressive. Whether it was the impressive two-point performance by Dominic Moore that netted first-star honours for the Toronto native, or the game-winning goal scored by the oft-injured Carlo Colaiacovo at 4:28 of the third period, the Leafs were full value for the improbable victory. "It was a war of attrition out there," summed up veteran Darcy Tucker, one of the few familiar faces in the Toronto forward ranks.

Moore's first goal as a Leaf opened the scoring and was followed by Jiri Tlusty's fifth of the season about five minutes later. Nick Foligno and Chris Neil beat Vesa Toskala to draw the visitors even, but the Sens' hopes were dashed when Colaiacovo and Jason Blake scored in the final 16 minutes to snap Toronto's three-game losing steak. "It's a euphoric feeling," said Moore, who sported an omni-present grin as he waved to the crowd after being named the game's first star. "To do this for the team you grew up cheering for, during a game on Hockey Night in Canada, well, it's something I will always remember. Everybody contributed, and that's the best part."

The same could not be said for the Senators, who managed just nine shots on goal during the first two periods. Considered the class of the East for much of the season, the conference-leading Sens now find themselves just three points ahead the hard-charging Montreal Canadiens. While the absence of Heatley, Alfredsson and Phillips played a key role, the Leafs exposed many of the warts in the Sens game. Scoring depth continues to be a concern while goaltending is a question mark as well.

Making his first appearance since Jan. 22, beleaguered goaltender Ray Emery was average at best, allowing four goals on 26 shots. Senators management wishes Emery would create headlines by winning games for a change, not for his elaborate tattoos or penchant of showing up late to practice. "I felt all right," Emery said, adding that "obviously if you lose, you won't be satisfied."

Senators coach John Paddock was angry for a couple of reasons. First off, he, like many of his players, could not understand how the Sens were slapped with the only six penalties, all minors. It was the first time the Leafs played a penalty-free contest since Jan. 12, 2002 against the Canadiens at the Air Canada Centre. More importantly, Paddock was not satisfied with the lacklustre effort turned in by his swooning squad. "We've got to show a little more desperation and play like a first-place team," forward Mike Fisher said.

-> Toronto Sun

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Toronto Maple Leafs - Florida Panthers 0:8 (0:1, 0:3, 0:4)

0:1 (7.) Zednik 11 PP (Montador, McLean)

0:2 (21.) Horton 14 (Booth, Cullimore)

0:3 (24.) Jokinen 26 (Zednik, McLean)

0:4 (29.) Murphy 2 (Booth)

0:5 (49.) Montador 4 (Murphy, Brine)

0:6 (54.) Zednik 12 PP (McLean, Murphy)

0:7 (55.) Zednik 13 PP (McLean, Kreps)

0:8 (58.) McLean 6 (Jokinen, Montador)

SOG: Leafs 24, Panthers 26.

PIM: Leafs 40, Panthers 22.

PP: Leafs 0/5, Panthers 3/3.

-> Recap

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Montreal Canadiens - Toronto Maple Leafs 2:4 (1:1, 0:2, 1:1)

1:0 (12.) Plekanec 20 (Kovalev, Markov)

1:1 (18.) Newbury 1 (Moore, Devereaux)

1:2 (22.) Tucker 7 (Stajan, Blake)

1:3 (40.) Wellwood 6 PP (Kaberle, Sundin)

2:3 (47.) Kovalev 25 (Plekanec, Gorges)

2:4 (60.) Tucker 8 EN (unassisted)

SOG: Habs 36, Leafs 28.

PIM: Habs 8, Leafs 12.

PP: Habs 0/4, Leafs 1/3.

-> Recap

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Teamspieler

Geht doch :=

Kann mir jemand sagen was mit Sundin los ist :ratlos:

Hab schon seit längerem kein Spiel mehr gesehn und frag mich warum er nie als Scorer oder Assistgeber erscheint (bis auf jetzt).

bearbeitet von Samhain

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Toronto Maple Leafs - New Jersey Devils 3:2 OT (1:0, 0:1, 1:1, 1:0)

1:0 (10.) Tucker 9 PP (McCabe, Kaberle)

1:1 (37.) Lidström 7 (Datsuk, Zetterberg)

1:2 (52.) Samuelsson 9 (Lidström, Franzen)

2:2 (54.) Sundin 23 (Kubina)

3:2 (62.) Antropov 19 OT (Stralman, Kaberle)

SOG: Leafs 25, Devils 34.

PIM: Leafs 4, Devils 4.

PP: Leafs 1/2, Devils 0/2.

-> Recap

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag