Totti: "Cassano ist zu weit gegangen"

Djet

Parma nel cuore!

Francesco Totti has turned on errant teammate Antonio Cassano after his latest antics and admits he is partly to blame.

“He made two terrible mistakes in the space of three days,” the Roma captain told the ‘Gazzetta dello Sport.’ “What’s worse is that they are always the same errors.”

The 22-year-old starlet hit the headlines on Sunday when he was sent off for a reaction foul on Fiorentina’s Giorgio Chiellini, then stormed out of the training ground when he discovered he wasn’t in the squad for Wednesday’s Champions’ League clash with Dynamo Kiev.

“Rudi Voller was right to punish him,” continued Totti. “The previous management team was a little unclear on the whole issue, but from now on there can be no more tolerance. Enough is enough.”

Voller explained that he would try to instil the discipline that has been so sorely lacking within the Giallorossi camp and director of sport Franco Baldini also added that they would “change tack” on dealing with Cassano.

Whereas previous Coach Fabio Capello rarely punished the starlet for repeatedly insulting him and walking out on training sessions, the new regime is going to get tough.

“The club made a mistake in not immediately disciplining him,” added Totti, “and I was also partly to blame as I allowed him to do whatever he wanted. Now everyone has had enough.”

“The previous Coach told him one thing to his face and another behind his back. Just think that the young players were advised not to hang around with Cassano and myself, but rather to spend time with someone who is now at Juventus. And I don't mean Jonathan Zebina,” he added with a clear reference to Emerson.

Meanwhile, his former club Bari have rushed to the defence of this eternally controversial figure.

“Cassano made a mistake,” admitted former Bari director general Carlo Regalia, “but the criticism has been over the top. Sometimes his practical jokes can go too far, but this is his strength.”

The youngster shot to fame as a teenager during his first Serie A season at hometown club Bari, which included a wonder goal against Inter. In 2001 he earned a £20m move to Roma and has been troubling Coaches and teammates with his antics ever since.

“He never did anything really serious at Bari,” added Regalia. “He was just a child when he joined our youth system, but in football terms he knew it all."

"Cassano is the kind of lad who takes situations by the scruff of the neck and won’t go missing in a big game. If anything, you can’t get him off the ball! All he needs to settle back down is to know that the club has faith in him.”

Meanwhile, as Totti is certain to miss the trip to Messina this Sunday due to a muscular problem, Vincenzo Montella should partner Marco Delvecchio upfront.

Channel 4

Interessant finde ich ja auch, was Totti über Emerson sagt :D

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Gobbo
Interessant finde ich ja auch, was Totti über Emerson sagt :D

naja, emerson ist einfach der bessere umgang für die jungen spieler :)

im ernst: bin mir nicht sicher, ob es klug ist, dass jetzt alle wie wild auf cassano hinhacken. völler muss ihm auf die füsse steigen, das ist klar. aber auf kommentare in den medien wie jenen von totti (der ja auch kein kind von traurigkeit ist) wird er wohl noch negativer reagieren.

bearbeitet von -Tom

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

romazone.org
im ernst: bin mir nicht sicher, ob es klug ist, dass jetzt alle wie wild auf cassano hinhacken. völler muss ihm auf die füsse steigen, das ist klar. aber auf kommentare in den medien wie jenen von totti (der ja auch kein kind von traurigkeit ist) wird er wohl noch negativer reagieren.

da wirst du leider recht haben - aber fest steht dass totti - obwohl ich großer fan von cassano bin - natürlich vollkommen recht hat und wer wenn nicht der kapitän sollte ihm sonst den weg weisen (außer dem trainer natürlich)...dass totti das jetzt über die medien tut ist sicher nicht gut fürs teamklima, aber vl sieht cassano s ja ein dass er diesmal wirklich scheiße gebaut hat

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Gobbo

capello wehrt sich jetzt gegen totti's anschuldigungen:

“It’s true that I told Daniele De Rossi not to follow Totti and Cassano’s example,” confirmed the former Roma Coach. “I told him to stay close to Emerson, live a healthy life and follow his lead if he wanted to achieve certain results.”

“It was the advice that a Coach must give to a young player who is growing, so that he doesn’t get lost in a moment of glory.”

das find ich an sich ok, ist aber auch klar, dass es totti nicht gefallen hat :)

Totti openly blamed Capello for not disciplining Cassano in the past, and suggested that this is what made the youngster feel he could get away with his bad behaviour.

“It now seems that everything happening at Roma is my fault,” smiled the Juventus boss, “yet with me in charge we won a Scudetto and came second behind a great Milan side.”

“Everything I did with Cassano was with the results in mind and that is why I accepted things from him that I would not have done with others. I tried to talk to him like a Father to a son.”

Capello has stayed remarkably quiet on the circumstances surrounding his departure from Roma, but Totti’s interview made the fiery tactician come out of his shell.

“And finally, to Mr Totti,” he added. “I ask the captain and Roma man per excellance to remember Napoli. He knows what I mean, as on the penultimate day of the season we won the Scudetto in the Stadio San Paolo with 15,000 fans following us.”

wird halt jetzt ein bissl mühsam, wenn sich alle über die medien anschreien..

zu sensi hatte capello auch noch was zu sagen:

Capello also aimed a final sideswipe at President Franco Sensi, who last week stated that the Coach had “run away in the night to Juventus.”

“Seeing as people keep trotting out this phrase,” concluded the Bianconeri boss, “I’d like to point out that I had a meeting with Juventus directors at 6pm, so if anything I left in mid-morning.”

naja, kleiner seitenhieb, nix ernsthaftes :D

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

romazone.org
Mich würde wirklich interessieren was da in Napoli vergefallen ist was Capello da anspricht.

ok, habe folgendes herausgefunden:

napoli war das vorletzte saisonspiel und mit einem auswärtssieg hätte man den scudetto bereits fixieren können. totti aber erklärte in einigen interviews dass es sein traum wäre den scudetto im olimpico zu gewinnen - quasi erst am letzten spieltag.

am abend vor dem spiel bat capello das teamfrüh ins bett zu gehen um gg napoli alles zu fixieren da 15000 romanist mitkamen und sie es sich verdient hätten. totti und rinaldi allerdings zogen in der naht noch um die häuser.

das spiel am nächsten tag endete 2:2 und die entscheidung fiel somit erst in rom - aber was ich nicht verstehe: totti war der beste mann am feld und erzielte auch ein tor... :ratlos:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Knows how to post...

es geht ihm wohl eher um tottis einstellung, die in diesem fall absolut unprofessionell war, da man es schon in napoli entscheiden hätte können

das ist doch sinnloses risiko nur damit man im olimpico feiern kann, denn dann gibts vielleicht gar nichts mehr zu feiern

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag