Macho zu Norwich?

Silver Torah

Norwich get Macho on trial

macho.jpg

Norwich City are giving a one-week trial to Chelsea goalkeeper Jurgen Macho.

The Austrian international, who was out for the whole of last season with a knee ligament injury, is available on a free transfer.

quelle: sublimefootball.com

-----------------

mMn sicherlich positiv für macho, in london wird er nie und nimma eine chance gegen cech und cudicini haben.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

let 'em come

Norwich will not be offering a contract to Chelsea goalkeeper Jurgen Macho after offering the Austrian a trial.

Canaries boss Nigel Worthington wants a third goalkeeper to provide back-up to Robert Green and Paul Gallacher, but told BBC Sport it will not be Macho.

"Jurgen has gone off to Spain now to have a look at a club out there," said Worthington.

"He had his injury last season and I was not 100% clear on that situation even though he is fit again."

Worthington added: "I thought it was too much of a risk from the club's point of view to take someone on after that type of injury."

Norwich still have a bid on the table for Leicester striker James Scowcroft but Worthington maintained the former Ipswich man was not his only option.

"There's a bid in for James but we've also got an offer in for another striker," said Worthington, revealing that the unnamed forward is a European name.

"The work is ongoing and if we can agree terms with the other club then obviously we will. In the First Division I liked the British mentality but now we're in the Premiership I've got to broaden the net to get the quality for the money we can spend.

"I do think there's some real bargains out there, you just have to go out and look for them. When we get pen on paper I will give you a name."

Worthington said his interest in Portsmouth defender Linvoy Primus is "still ongoing".

"He's a player I greatly admire," said the Norwich boss.

"If it's possible we will get an offer in with Portsmouth to try and bring him to Norwich. But at this moment in time he's still a Portsmouth player. We've just got to be patient and see what happens."

Macho, meanwhile, must continue his search for a new club after being told by Chelsea he is surplus to requirements.

Jose Mourinho is prepared to let the Austrian leave on a free transfer with Petr Cech, Carlo Cudicini and Marco Ambrosio as his three goalkeepers.

BBC

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

let 'em come

Ich glaube Macho würde das erstbeste Angebot eines Erstligisten annehmen. Ganz egal aus welchem Land. Nur denke ich dass er nicht so viele Angebote bekommen wird. Der Gang in eine tiefere Leistungsstufe wird ihm wohl nicht erspart bleiben. Wünsche ihm dennoch dass er einen Verein findet.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag