Morientes bleibt bei Real

Im ASB-Olymp

Morientes staying put

Real Madrid striker Fernando Morientes insists he is happy to fight for his place at El Santiago Bernabeu.

The Spanish international has been linked with a move away from Real after a successful loan spell at Monaco last term.

Monaco are keen to sign him on a permanent basis, while Premiership moneybags Chelsea are also thought to be interested in Morientes.

It was expected that Morientes would leave in the summer in search of regular first team action, but the striker admitted the fact that Jose Antonio Camacho was now in charge at Real had persuaded him to stay.

"Just as last year in the pre-season, I thought that I had to leave the team, but now I'm only thinking about continuing and one of the reasons is the technical staff," said Morientes.

"I've worked with him (Camacho) and know what he could want and I prefer to stay in Madrid and rule out any move.

"I know I am staying at the best club in the world with the best players.

"It will be a hard fight against great strikers but it's a very long season and there will be three players in attack scoring the goals and I feel I am one of those."

skysports.planetfootball.com

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Silver Torah

ronaldo auf die bank - morientes neben raul spielen lassen - und die geschichte hat sich. allerdings sollte camacho auch darüber nachdenken, raul auf der bank zu lassen - obwohl er kapitän ist - aber eine saison wie die letzte (mit nur 3 toren denk ich + eine total verpatzte EM) kann er mMn nicht mehr ohne konsequenzen bringen...

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag