Sam Allardyce tritt zurück

Silver Torah

Allardyce resigns as Bolton boss

Sam Allardyce has resigned as manager of Bolton with immediate effect. He has been linked with the manager's role at Manchester City and refused to attend the post-match press conference after Saturday's 2-2 draw with Chelsea.

He said: "This has been one of the hardest decisions I've ever made but it's time for a new exciting era for Bolton under different leadership." Chairman Phil Gartside added: "I have reluctantly accepted the decision. His reasons are private, we respect that."

Allardyce has spent over 18 years at the club, as both player and manager, but steps down with two matches of the current campaign still to play. The Trotters are currently in fifth spot and chasing qualification for a Uefa Cup place.

But in a statement on the club website, he said: "It was mutually decided that I step down now rather than at the end of the season. That will give my successor the ideal opportunity to experience the preparation and build up of matchday in readiness of next season. After guiding the team into a position where the club is on the verge of qualifying for European football for the second time in three years, I feel it is the right moment to step down. I feel the club is in a great position to continue its upward trajectory with a talented, internationally-recognised squad supported by an excellent Academy programme under the guidance of a highly-skilled football management team.

He has helped design and build an infrastructure that will enable the club to continue the progress we have undoubtedly made during his period of office

"The foundations for the next phase is well and truly in place. It is with this knowledge that I feel confident that I am moving on with my life content with a legacy that I have tried to create for this special club. I wish the owner, chairman, staff, players and all the fans every success in the future."

Meanwhile, Gartside paid his own tribute to Allardyce, saying: "Since joining the club as manager in 1999, he has helped lead a fantastic transformation of this famous Lancashire club. "He has helped design and build an infrastructure that will enable the club to continue the progress we have undoubtedly made during his period of office."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...ers/6605673.stm

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag