Larsson wieder für Schweden

Im ASB-Olymp

Larsson back for Swedes

Friday, 30 April 2004

Celtic striker Henrik Larsson has agreed to come out of retirement to play for Sweden at Euro 2004 this summer.

The prolific hit-man has previously rejected all overtures to return to the international scene after quitting at the end of the 2002 World Cup.

Swedish officials have been campaigning for Larsson to reconsider his decision for some time with Uefa president Lennart Johansson, Sweden coach Lars Lagerback and even England coach Sven Goran Eriksson all calling for him to return.

Larsson, who did make a return for a one-off match against Hungary in Euro 2004 qualifying due to an injury crisis, has now been swayed by the public clamour for him to return for a swansong at the finals in Portugal.

"I have just now spoken with (Sweden coach) Lars Lagerback. I told him that if he still wants me for Portugal I'll be happy to join," Larsson told Swedish paper Helsingborgs Dagblad.

"I am in good shape and still hungry for winning titles and what I have learned of this is `never say never'."

Lagerback welcomed Larsson back with open arms.

"We are pleased with Henrik's `yes' and we must say that we have never closed the door on him," said Lagerback. "He is very welcome in the squad."

Sweden have struggled in Larsson's absence with the player having a record of 24 goals in 72 games and news of a his return will be a massive boost as they plan to take on Italy, Denmark and Bulgaria in Group C at Euro 2004.

skysports.planetfootball.com

Schweden mit einem Sturmduo Larsson-Ibrahimovic bei der EM, wirklich nicht schlecht. :super:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Parma nel cuore!

Freut mich sehr dass Henrik sich nochmal dazu entschlossen hat, nochmal mitzumachen. Vor allem weil ich glaube dass die Schweden sehr gute Chancen auf den Aufstieg ins Viertelfinale haben.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag