Bellamy wechselt doch noch

Silver Torah
Celtic complete Bellamy loan deal 

Newcastle striker Craig Bellamy has joined SPL leaders Celtic on loan until the end of the season. The Welshman rejected a proposed move to Birmingham after falling out with Magpies manager Graeme Souness over his exclusion for a game against Arsenal. And although Celtic could not match Birmingham's £6m offer for the player, Newcastle agreed to a loan deal.

Bellamy, 25, will now link up with Wales international team-mate John Hartson in a revamped Celtic attack. "Celtic are delighted to announce that, after successful completion of a medical examination, Newcastle United striker Craig Bellamy has signed for the club on loan until the end of this season," said an official statement.

Bellamy was fined two weeks' wages after a live TV interview in which he accused Souness of lying, following a very public dispute about what position he should play in the side.

Souness said: "He can't play for me ever again. He has been a disruptive influence from the minute I walked into this football club. "He can't go on television and accuse me of telling lies." Chairman Freddy Shepherd described Bellamy's behaviour as "totally unacceptable and totally unprofessional".

quelle: bbc

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag