Craig Levein neuer Coach in Leicester

Leicester City appoint Levein as manager

Sat 30 October, 2004 10:52

LONDON, Oct 30 (Reuters) - English second division side Leicester City have appointed former Hearts coach Craig Levein as manager, replacing Micky Adams who resigned earlier this month.

Levein signed a 2-1/2 year contract with Leicester City after stepping down as manager of the Scottish Premier League side, Leicester said on Friday.

"I had a marvellous time at Hearts and the club will always be very close to my heart," he was quoted as saying by Leicester City's official website.

"However, this is a marvellous opportunity for me personally and one that I am delighted to take with both hands."

Levein, 40, spent 14 years at Hearts as a player, taking over as manager in 2000 after learning his trade in three years at Cowdenbeath, and has led the Edinburgh club into the UEFA Cup in the last three seasons.

Leicester are 13th in the second division table after being relegated from the Premier League last season.

Adams resigned as Leicester manager on October 11 and Howard Wilkinson and Dave Bassett took over on a temporary basis.

Bassett would stay in charge for Saturday's visit to Cardiff and Levein would take over from Monday, Leicester said.

reuters.co.uk

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag