Di Canio will zurück nach England

romazone.org
Paolo Di Canio has stunned Lazio fans by announcing on television that he is considering a return to England, while Cesar is finally set to join Inter tomorrow.

“I dream of ending my career in the club I love and have always supported, but this depends on Lazio,” he told ‘La Voce del Nord in TV’ this evening.

“If they do not want me to stay on, then I don’t feel I can rule out another change of direction. Will I return to England? At this point I don’t think it’s a remote possibility at all.”

There had been rumours of problems between Di Canio and President Claudio Lotito, in particular after the patron refused to stand by his star when he was suspended for using a Fascist salute to far-right Biancocelesti fans.

The 37-year-old is also not Coach Delio Rossi’s first choice for the front line, making just 15 appearances with three goals so far this season.

Di Canio’s confession that he could come back to the Premiership is an intriguing one, as he was a fan favourite at Scots side Celtic before moving across the border to Sheffield Wednesday, West Ham United and Charlton Athletic.

The strongest links have been with former West Ham boss Harry Redknapp, who is currently struggling to keep Portsmouth in the Premiership. Redknapp has hinted over the past month that a move would be unlikely because Di Canio was playing for the club of his dreams, but the latest statements open up that door again.

His departure could shake Lazio to its foundations, as the club is already under pressure from fans who have been running a campaign to oust President Lotito.

Other players said to be on their way out at the end of the season include Fabio Liverani, Massimo Oddo, Ousmane Dabo, Christian Manfredini, Matteo Sereni and Cesar Aparecido.

channel4.com

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag