fino alla fine

Wiltord joins Lyon

LyonFormer Arsenal striker Sylvain Wiltord has joined French champions Lyon.

The 30-year-old marksman has been without a club since leaving Highbury at the start of the summer when he was released.

After four-years in North London Wiltord returned to France and trained with Rennes as he continued to look for a new club.

A return to England with Liverpool and West Brom had looked on the cards, but Wiltord remained in France.

He has now signed a two-year deal with an option for a further 12 months and, and is relishing a return to UEFA Champions League football.

L'OL are also going for a fourth consecutive French Ligue 1 title, and former Bordeaux man Wiltord is relishing his return to action.

"I was interested in coming here because I always loved to play for winning clubs," said Wiltord as he was unveiled at a press conference.

"I hope we are going to go very far in the Champions League.

"I'm pretty sure that this club have the potential to clinch a fourth (domestic) title."

skysports.com

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag