Liverpool agree £23m Suarez deal

Silver Torah

Verdient sich auch schon wieder einen eigenen Thread, nachdem das ein relativ massiver Transfer werden könnte:

Fernando Torres tells Liverpool to talk to Chelsea

Fernando Torres has told Liverpool to sit down and negotiate with Chelsea, having reached the point at which he believes that a departure from Anfield is now the right move for his career. With four days of the winter transfer window remaining the striker is aware that time is running out but he does not want to miss out on the opportunity to join Chelsea for a second time. He has urged the Fenway Sports Group to broker an agreement that is good for both player and club. There is not, however, a clause that will allow Torres to unilaterally break his contract in this transfer window.

Chelsea made a bid for Torres during the summer but the striker was told that he would not be able to depart with the club undergoing a sales process. The price quoted for his transfer was so high as to be simply a symbolic "not for sale" sign. At the time, Torres sought assurances that he would be able to depart in the future, should an acceptable bid be made and he consider a move necessary. Those discussions were held with the then managing director Christian Purslow who has now left the club – and no written legal clause was signed. Torres also wanted assurances over the future of the club when Liverpool were taken over by the new owners. Torres's camp believes that promises have been broken. Liverpool are not the club that Torres joined and the striker is pessimistic over the future and his patience has worn thin with the absence of investment or activity since the takeover. Roy Hodgson's departure and the appointment of Kenny Dalglish was a step in the right direction but is not enough. Liverpool have only made one significant move in the transfer window, for the Uruguay striker Luis Suárez.

It is now a case of Liverpool convincing Torres not to go. The striker can see little real argument to continue at Anfield. Although there is no plan to force a move through and despite the recognition that Liverpool could block the move, Torres believes that an immediate departure is the best solution. Liverpool's decision to announce the bid could be interpreted as an attempt to flush Torres out and force him to push for an exit. If he were to join Chelsea, Torres would be eligible to play in the Champions League. He is hopeful of Liverpool recognising that his departure could be good for all concerned. Liverpool signed Torres for £23m; they could make more than £20m in profit if they were to sell now. Indeed, it is the money from a Torres deal that could unlock the funds necessary to make an improved bid to clinch Suárez.

Liverpool have reopened talks with Ajax over Suárez this afternoon and, it is believed, made a breakthrough over a transfer fee for the Uruguay international. Ajax rejected a £12.8m offer from Liverpool for their captain this week and had insisted on €30m (£25.8m) for the deal to happen. Suárez has told the coach, Frank De Boer, that he wishes to leave Amsterdam for Merseyside and, mindful that his value will drop if they fail to qualify for next season's Champions League, Ajax are now understood to be open to a compromise fee with Liverpool. Meanwhile, Chelsea's manager, Carlo Ancelotti, refused to be drawn on his club's bid for Fernando Torres but said he was happy that "the club are trying to do everything they can to improve the squad". But Ancelotti added: "I don't want to speak about this, you will have to ask the club. He is not my player and I have to have respect for Liverpool. I don't like to speak about this."

Ancelotti had previously intimated that the club's protracted pursuit of the Benfica defender David Luiz would be their only major move of the January transfer window. Asked if the Torres bid had therefore caught him by surprise, he said: "I'm not surprised, because I know very well what the club is doing now. I am happy because the club is doing a fantastic job in this transfer market. The club is trying to do everything to improve the squad."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/28/fernando-torres-chelsea-transfer-liverpool

Andere Quelle, vom Inhalt her wohl nicht 100%ig gleich glaubwürdig:

The Kop superstar has made it clear he wants the Merseysiders to accept the £40m offer the Blues tabled this week. A top Reds' source said: "Unfortunately Fernando has decided he wants to leave Liverpool. It is a very sad day for all of us, but now we have to wait and see what the club decides. It is clear this is the last thing Kenny Dalglish expected although it has been clear for some time that Torres' patience has run out."

SunSport understands the Spanish striker will either put in a transfer request or issue a statement later today. His representatives were examining all possibilities before making a final decision. Torres will say in his statement that he believes it is best for both parties to accept the offer because he believes it is a good one for Liverpool and a good one for himself. It is understood Chelsea will offer him wages of £150,000 a week — matching the club's top earners John Terry and Frank Lampard.

Liverpool fans will be heartbroken, particularly as their rivalry with the Double winners has become second only to that with Manchester United following Jose Mourinho's reign at Stamford Bridge. Reds do not believe Torres would ever join one of their fiercest rivals and his decision is certain to leave Anfield shell-shocked. It is precisely for that reason that Torres' representatives are carefully weighing up the options before taking the next step.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3377424/Fernando-Torres-Let-me-join-Chelsea.html

Wenn sich alles nicht bewahrheitet, kann man den Thread wieder schließen.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Walk like an Egyptian
Tony Barrett of The Times told followers on Twitter otherwise.

Barrett also reassured fans that Torres has not publicly indicated he has any desire to leave Anfield.

Earlier this month, Torres was quoted as commiting his future to the club and at least seeing out his current deal, which keeps him on Merseyside until 2013.

He said, “My head is in Liverpool and on helping save our season. I am professional and I always fulfil my deals.

“I haven’t considered leaving, although in football that depends on the club

Ich denke in Kürze gibt es ein Statement von FT9 und wir sind alle etwas klüger ob tatsächlich etwas dran ist oder es sich um ein für die "silly season" typisches Gerücht aus der english yellow-press handelt...

bearbeitet von goleador2000

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Im ASB-Tausenderklub

Guter Deal für Liverpool, Preis ist aus meiner Sicht ebenfalls marktgerecht.

Absolut, da kann man wirklich nur sagen, dass NESV die Reißleine in Bezug auf Hodgson noch rechtzeitig gezogen haben...

Die neue Dynamik die jetzt mit Dalglish Einzug gehalten hat dürfte sicher einen nicht unwesentlichen Anteil am Deal haben.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

get the fuck in!

ein richtiges Gfrast, dieser Suárez - einer derjenigen, die man bei sich im Team liebt und sonst hasst. bei den Urus hat er mir letzten Sommer sehr gefallen (überhaupt durch die tolle Abwehr), jetzt wird das wieder etwas kippen. :D

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

ein richtiges Gfrast, dieser Suárez - einer derjenigen, die man bei sich im Team liebt und sonst hasst. bei den Urus hat er mir letzten Sommer sehr gefallen (überhaupt durch die tolle Abwehr), jetzt wird das wieder etwas kippen. :D

Mir gefällt er damals wie heute :D Aber sonst hast natuerlich recht.

Was Torres anbelangt bin ich schon sehr gespannt, wenn er wechselt truebt das natuerlich die Freude ueber den Suarez Deal extrem..

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Fanatischer Poster

Was Torres anbelangt bin ich schon sehr gespannt, wenn er wechselt truebt das natuerlich die Freude ueber den Suarez Deal extrem..

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/lfc-reject-torres-transfer-request

Torres hat eine Transfer Anfrage eingereicht, die der Klub abgelehnt hat. Here we go.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Silver Torah
Liverpool prepared to let Torres leave for £50m package tomorrow - BBC Sport Online for details

Würde mich mittlerweile auch wundern, wenn der Transfer morgen nicht perfekt wird. Wenn Chelsea die geforderten 50 Mille bietet, kann man fast nicht nein sagen.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Chi se ne frega!

Würde mich mittlerweile auch wundern, wenn der Transfer morgen nicht perfekt wird. Wenn Chelsea die geforderten 50 Mille bietet, kann man fast nicht nein sagen.

Und was willst dann im Sommer machen?

Die 50 Mille auf 2-3 "durchnittliche" Stürmer verteilen???

Sehr sinnvoll. Pool braucht Klasse, vor allem im Angriff, und Torres ist Klasse.

Die Reds sollten ihm einen Grund geben zu bleiben anstatt ihn loszuwerden und durch weitere Poulsens und Maxis zu ersetzen.

Vor allem da die neuen Besitzer ja anscheinend gewillt sind zu investieren.

Holt man im Sommer 2-3 Top-Verstärkungen für Abwehr und MF dann ist das ein richtig gutes Team! :)

Reina

Johnson - Carragher/Skrtel - ??? - Agger

Kuyt - Gerrard - Mereilles - ???

Suarez - Torres

:super:

bearbeitet von MILANISTA

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag