Der Asb HxC Thread

freakboy89

Fanatischer Poster

da sich Carpathian hier anscheinend großer Beliebtheit erfreut, hier ein Interview von hearingthevoice.com :

I didn’t expect that a band as busy as Carpathian would answer to MySpace messages or even remeber a month after that they answered but their singer Martin Kirby actually did. I was really surprised. Unfortunately interviews have to be kept short otherwise I could have talked for hours with this very nice and interesting person he is…

The Interview was done in July 2009.

I recently interviewed Winston of Parkway Drive and he told me that good hardcore shows in Australia are like 300-400 people, their shows are like 3000-4000 people. How are your shows?

Martin: It sort of depends on what tour we’re doing. I guess we tour a lot more in our own country than Parkway, They tour around the world and then do like one Australian tour so it’s always very big if you know what I mean. Some of our tours are maybe 200 people and then there are tours with 800 people at most shows sort of thing. But Parkway Drive are a completely different level than any other band. It depends on what tours you do, what venues you wanna play… we don’t really like playing big shows all the time, you know what I mean, we wanna be a hardcore band. Mostly we do pretty well I guess.

Your musical style has changed a lot from „Nothing To Lose“ to „Isolation“. How did that happen?

Martin: I guess the writing of „Nothing To Lose“ was 4 or 5 years ago. We were a very different band, we actually were a completely different band so I was a part of the band and everybody else since then has changed which hasn’t really affected like the writing or such because I do the majority of the writing myself. I guess defenitely the band has changed and with that change we had to grow in, I guess, styles and grow as a band. It wasn’t like „Let’s change our music, let’s be a different band“ it was just a natural progression that happened. When we were writing „Isolation“ it didn’t really seem like we… like we sort of sat back and said „What is this record? This is so different, this is crazy, everybody’s gonna hate it“ but we really had fun with what we were writing and then it just translated onto record.

How did that happen that Crafter (I Killed The Prom Queen) joined on vocals and you went to guitar?

Martin: I guess that was actually a big part. Maybe the only thing that I wanted to defenitely make sure was that we were a very different band when Crafter was in the band especially because before they obviously made me sing and then Crafter sang for about 8 months and then i went back to singing so there defenitely had to be a change in the direction of Carpathian just to make sure that people knew we were like my band as such. He was kicked out of I Killed The Prom Queen and he sort of called me up, he’s like „I’ve been kicked out of the band, I don’t know what I’m gonna do“ and I just said „Sing for us, I’ll play guitar“ without even thinking and then 8 months later we realised that wasn’t working out. Then he went on to do Bury Your Dead and then I went back to singing in Carpathian – the story goes from there I guess.

How did you get signed by Deathwish Inc. in the US?

Martin: Basically I used to talk a lot with JD from Shipwreck on the internet and we talked about those guys touring Australia and us going to the States and then I said to him „You know maybe we should record with Jay Maas“ who recorded the Shipwreck record and then while we were in Boston JD really looked after us, gave us a place to stay for 3 weeks and he said „Come and meet the guys at Deathwish and talk about your record“ so we just went in and showed ‘em 2 of the tracks and… you know „We’re Carpathian, we’re from Australia, we wanna tour pretty hard“. It sort of went from there, we went back home and then Deathwish just asked „You wanna join the label?“. I guess it was easy and such but that was part of the plan, part of the reason why we wanted to record in Boston so we could be around labels like Deathwish and Bridge9. We got to meet really cool people and it just really worked out for us.

I read in an interview that Jay Maas (Defeater) was really excited that you guys came from Australia just to record with him…

Martin: Yeah. I guess we really expected sort of like a big studio and this professional sort of guy I guess. But we got there and there’s just this like 7 foot sort of weird man in his basement under his house with… just the craziest stuff going on all night and super rude and he defenitely got a lot of our Australian humor. Australians are a bit loose sometimes, we say a lot of wild shit that Americans don’t appreciate but he was really into it so it was a good time and it really turned out fine and the record turned out sounding really cool.

On „Isolation“ there are obviously many references to Joy Division. It seems like they are your favourite band…

Martin: Yeah defenitely. Always like a big influence.

Were those lines supposed to be on the record or was it unintended?

Martin: Yeah. Joy Divison’s always been a big influence on the band I guess. I hadn’t until just before we were writing „Isolation“ read a lot of the books on Joy Division and of course the movie „Control“ came out – the Joy Division documentary. So I was defenitely in that state of mind and also personally I had like a similar relationship with my girlfriend where I was travelling and shit and trust and that sort of thing. I’ve always felt like I can relate a lot to Ian Curtis and in that time I was listening to a lot of Joy Division and it just… I thought „Let’s pay a lot of respect to Joy Division on this record“ and we defenitely borrowed some lyrics and a lot of themes and I guess the desperation and sort of a lot of the theme behind Ian Curtis, his style of writing defenitely came out on „Isolation“. Probably my favourite band ever, my first tatto was „Love will tear us apart“ on my chest, so yeah… a big influence.

Is there a new release planned soon or have you actually got new material already?

Martin: I’ve been writing a lot recently. Writing lyrics in the van to guitar I wrote back home and stuff. Hopefully maybe… I think we gonna do a final album or a final 7inch depending on how things go when we get back home and because we got a fill-in drummer on this tour. Our drummer’s back home in Australia and we need to go home and sort of work things out. But hopefully at least a 7inch or maybe another full length.

How did you guys react when „Isolation“ entered the Australian charts at #19?

Martin: Yeah that wasn’t really expected I guess. Especially with this record we thought people wouldn’t buy it because it was so different. But coming up to the release there was a lot of promotion by our labels like the origami-style packaging in Australia. So there was a lot of hype around the city but yeah… #19 was pretty crazy. I don’t actually know how much we sold, I don’t really care about that sort of things.

The funny thing about that was my parents and some of my family and my aunties and uncles we’re sort of like „Oh, your band IS serious now“. That was strange because I’ve been touring the world for the last 4 years it’s a pretty serious band it’s my full-time job. But it takes something like „Oh, we’re in the charts“ for people to understand that your band is sort of a big deal or whatever. It was pretty cool to finally earn respect amongst my family and stuff like that but as far as everything else it’s just another thing that sort of… it’s cool but it’s whatever at the same time, it’s not part of the bands future to be in the charts but it was funny.

Have you got any plans or any new releases coming up with your own label Dead Souls Records?

Martin: Yeah. Just the week before we came on tour we went to South-East Asia before we came to Europe and just that week I released the second release which is The Hollow EP which is a band from Newcastle in Australia, they’re like a heavy sort of Integrity, Rise And Fall style band. And then the next release is gonna be a band called Ghosttown from Brisbane and they’re maybe a Converge sort of band. From there maybe a Carpathin release or maybe something else but defenitely looking out for new bands and hope to keep the label to be something fun.

What does it take for band to get signed by you?

Martin: It’s funny because I chose to do the label just to release The Hollow because I really like them I thought this band’s cool. And after that I was thinking to myself „I gotta establish rules quickly so bands know what the label’s about“. Hard work is defenitely something I wanna see in young bands because I know what it was like for us to be a hard working band. There was never really support for our band from bigger bands and it took a long time for us to earn respect and touring hard. So I feel like I’ve got enough good judgement to not sign any bands that sort of just gonna think they’re rockstars It’s defenitely a hard working hardcore label. And hopefully younger bands… I feel like there might be a style to Dead Souls but anything’s cool as long as people are working hard and wanna really tour with their band. That’d be something that I look for.

Did you guys actually choose Ritual and Anchor for this tour?

Martin: I guess I just e-mailed Avocado that we wanna come in summer. We got asked to do this tour, there was talk of us doing other tours and stuff. We’ve met Ritual on our tour with Have Heart last year and I heard Ritual before that I used to listen to ‘em back home. And we met some of the Anchor guys in Australia when they were travelling Australia so it’s been pretty cool to finally tour with those guys, the tour’s been really fun so far.

Anything left you wanna say?

Martin: Aah… I guess that’s it. That’s pretty cool. Thanks man.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

• 1 month later...
Fanatischer Poster

Dauert nicht mehr lange bis das neue Agnostic Front Album erscheint, am 4. März ist es soweit. vor ab mal die Tracklist und ein Video von den Aufnahmen:

afmylife.jpg

My Life My Way Track Listing:

1. City Street

2. More Than a Memory

3. Us Against the World

4. My Life My Way

5. That’s Life

6. Self Pride

7. Until the Day I Die

8. Now and Forever

9. The Sacrifice

10. A Mi Manera

11. Your Worst Enemy

12. Empty Dreams

13. Time Has Come

Man darf gespannt sein, was die Herrschaften da fabriziert haben.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

• 3 weeks later...
Fanatischer Poster

TUI waren recht leiwand, der Funke wollte halt nicht so recht auf die Leute überspringen... ähnlich wie bei Wisdom In Chains, schade... bei Born From Pain gins dann schon anders zur Sache, Madball brauch ich eh nicht erwähnen

neuen Song gabs btw auch von TUI

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

• 2 weeks later...
Fanatischer Poster

soda water, gibt wieder ein paar Termine...

19.04.: FULL BLOWN CHAOS (usa) / SMASHFACE (usa) / ROOTLESS @ Shelter, Wien

24.04.: BUST THE CHAIN, BLOODSHED REMAINS, DOWN BY LIFE, ANSTALT @ Viper Room, Wien

28.04.: ESCAPADO @ Aera, Wien

29.04.: H2O (usa) / SPIDER CREW @ Viper Room, Wien

09.05.: COMEBACK KID (cdn) / The GHOST INSIDE (usa) / KVELERTAK (nor) / GRAVEMAKER (cdn) / SOCIAL SUICIDE (nor) @ Arena, Wien

10.05.: RAISED FIST @ Arena, Wien

12.05.: EMMURE (usa) / WINDS OF PLAGUE (usa) / WAR FROM A HARLOT'S MOUTH (d) / IWRESTLEDABEARONCE (usa) u.a. @ Viper Room, Wien

18.05.: MURPHY'S LAW (usa) / DETERMINATION @ Arena (kl. Halle), Wien

07.07.: MADBALL (usa) / 50 LIONS (aus) u.a. @ Explosiv, Graz

07.07.: AGNOSTIC FRONT (usa) / VACUNT (aut) @ Viper Room, Wien

bin mir zwar nicht sicher, aber glaube irgendwo gelesen zu haben, dass 50 Lions am 4. Juli in Wien spielen, finde dazu aber gerade nichts...

bearbeitet von The_Trooper

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Postet viiiel zu viel

(...)

09.05.: COMEBACK KID (cdn) / The GHOST INSIDE (usa) / KVELERTAK (nor) / GRAVEMAKER (cdn) / SOCIAL SUICIDE (nor) @ Arena, Wien

(...)

(für mich) einmal eine der besseren und/weil auch kostengünstigeren gelegenheiten cbk endlich "mitzunehmen" , nach den zwei letzten alben muss ich mir das aber noch zweimal überlegen.

am nächsten tag (10.05.) spielen in der arena raised fist - gehören wohl auch noch auf die liste. ev. auch noch escapado (28.04., aera)

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Mingin cunts...

29.04.: H2O (usa) / SPIDER CREW @ Viper Room, Wien

Dort bin ich mit 100% Sicherheit dabei, weil ich H20 das letzte Mal im Jahre Schnee auf der Deconstruction Tour in der Arena live genossen hab, obwohl diese Band zu meinen Lieblingen gehört. Wenn CBK spielen spazier ich grad in London herum. Schade, aber wiederrum auch nicht.

Für H20 werd ich mir heut gleich das Ticket sichern.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Fanatischer Poster

Raised Fist und Escapado wurden noch hinzugefügt...

CBK werd ich mir vielleicht auch geben, obwohl ich nicht unbedingt der größte Fan bin. Aber wenn sie schon mal da sind ;) The Ghost Inside waren ja auch unlängst erst in Wien, war aber eher enttäuschend wie ich finde... H2O ist sowieso ein Pflichttermin, sehr leiwande Show letztes Jahr im Shelter. Waren glaub ich auch vor 2 Jahren schon mit Madball im Viper Room. H2O sicherlich das Highlight der anstehenden Shows, überhaupt mit der Spider Crew im Gepäck

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Mingin cunts...

Raised Fist und Escapado wurden noch hinzugefügt...

CBK werd ich mir vielleicht auch geben, obwohl ich nicht unbedingt der größte Fan bin. Aber wenn sie schon mal da sind ;) The Ghost Inside waren ja auch unlängst erst in Wien, war aber eher enttäuschend wie ich finde... H2O ist sowieso ein Pflichttermin, sehr leiwande Show letztes Jahr im Shelter. Waren glaub ich auch vor 2 Jahren schon mit Madball im Viper Room. H2O sicherlich das Highlight der anstehenden Shows, überhaupt mit der Spider Crew im Gepäck

Das schreit nach einem ASB-HxC-Thread Meeting! ;)

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

• 4 weeks later...