Luis Figo beendet seine Karriere

if i were a robot, my arm would be an aeropress.

Dear Friends of Inter,

Tomorrow, 31 May 2009, will be my last Sunday as a footballer. Together with the friends of Sporting Lisbon, Barcelona, Real Madrid and the Portuguese national team, I want to thank all of you Nerazzurri fans, who have shown me affection since my first day in Milan.

I am very pleased that my last Sunday as a player is, for me and for all of us at Inter, a Sunday of celebration for the success of the fourth consecutive Scudetto.

Winning has always been the only true objective of my career. Winning everything I could win, from practice matches in training sessions to championships, from cups to personal trophies. And to get to win, I have known only one road, that of sacrifice and work. They taught me this when I was a boy at Sporting and everything I have obtained has never come by coincidence, but after many sacrifices.

For this reason, I today want to say sorry if in a few matches or during a few periods I haven't succeeded in giving my best, either through injury or for other reasons. The first person to be sorry is me, because I hadn't succeeded in giving all of you what I had worked towards.

When I arrived in Milan, Inter was a team that was learning to win. We have come a long way together and for this I want to thank president Moratti, the coaches, all my colleagues, all the people at the club who I met and worked with. If I have been happy in Milan, the merit is theirs.

Football has given me a lot, but most of all it has given me the possibility to meet marvellous people and friends who will remain forever, and president Moratti and those who I have come to know here in the Inter environment will have a special place in this group. Just like you, dear fans.

The nicest trophy of my career is never having had a problem with a single team-mate.

To all Interisti, a sincere embrace and the conviction that Inter will continue to work to win more and more.

With affection,

Luis Figo

Ein großartiger Fußballer der hier aufhört! Hatte eine unglaubliche Zeit bei Real Madrid, und auch bei Inter dann immer noch gezeigt was in ihm steckt. Aber in seinem "Abschiedsbrief" steht eigentlich eh schon alles.

Danke auf jeden Fall für die 4 Spieljahre bei Inter! :clap:

luisfigo.jpg

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

• 2 weeks later...
Weltklassecoach

Am 13. Juni spielt er in Genf in einem Benfizspiel gegen die Weltauswahl. Marek Hamsik und Marek Cech spielen für das Team der Weltauswahl. Unter Anderem werden Ibrahimovic, Mourinho, Chistian Chivu, Ronaldino, Clarence Seedorf, Fabio Capello, Giovanni Trapattoni und Giga Popescu dabei sein.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag