Sonstiges von der Insel

• 2 weeks later...
Gobbo
London - Der Trainer des englischen Fußball-Klubs Chelsea, Jose Mourinho, ist am Dienstagabend wegen eines Streits mit der Polizei um seinen Hund vorübergehend festgenommen worden.

Nach Angaben der Polizei sollte des Haustier des Portugiesen in Quarantäne genommen werden, da der Hund offenbar nach England gebracht wurde, ohne die notwendigen Impfungen erhalten zu haben. Der 44-Jährige Mourinho verweigerte der Polizei und einem Veterinär die Mitnahme des Tieres aus seiner Wohnung in London und wurde daraufhin selbst auf das Kommissariat gebracht, wo er mit einer Verwarnung davonkam.(APA/Reuters)

:D

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Jahrhunderttalent
Mourinho: Flucht im Wäschekorb?

Laut englischen Tageszeitungen umging Portugiese im CL-Viertelfinale 2005 damit UEFA-Sperre

London - Zwei englischen Tageszeitungen zu Folge scheut Chelsea-Coach Jose Mourinho kein Mittel, um seinem Team zur Verfügung zu stehen. Wie die "Daily Mail" und die "Times" am Dienstag übereinstimmend berichteten, soll der vor zwei Jahren von der UEFA gesperrte Portugiese nach einem Champions-League-Spiel in einem Wäschekorb die "Flucht" aus der Kabine des Londoner Klubs angetreten haben.

Mourinho war von der UEFA wegen zu heftiger Kritik an Schiedsrichter Anders Frisk im April 2005 für zwei Partien der Elite-Liga gesperrt worden und stand Chelsea damit im Viertelfinale gegen Bayern München nicht zur Verfügung. Der Star-Trainer soll diese Sperre umgangen haben, indem er laut Medienberichten schon Stunden vor der Partie an der Stamford Bridge eingetroffen wäre und das Match in der Kabine via TV verfolgt hätte.

Vor der Partie und in der Pause habe er seinem Team dann Anweisungen gegeben. Um den UEFA-Kontrolleuren nicht in die Hände zu fallen, wäre Mourinho rund zehn Minuten vor Schlusspfiff in einen Wäschekorb gestiegen, um sich unbemerkt auf das Freizeitgelände des Klubs transportieren zu lassen. Chelsea verwies in einem Statement darauf, dass "beide Spiele von der UEFA kontrolliert wurden und diese an beiden Abenden damit zufrieden waren, dass ihre Weisungen eingehalten wurden."(APA/Reuters)

:love::allaaah:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Chin-Up Robbo!

Angeblich steht Leeds United kurz vor einer Übernahme durch irgendein Konsortium aus Dubai. Der Gechäftsführer und Multimillionär Sheikh Samir erzählt im Daily Star Sunday:

"Leeds United is a prestigious club that has, in the recent past, suffered setbacks. My vision is to bring the club back to its former glory. The club has a huge fanbase and because of the history and the desire of the people of Leeds to see Leeds United back in top-flight footbal we think this may be the ideal challenge for us. I am very passionate about football and I want to help a lot of other people who share this passion. My intentions should follow the vision that would be shared between me, Mr Bates and the people of Leeds. There is a lot of potential for the club."

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

• 2 weeks later...
Wir sind M&N. Gibt es sonst noch Fragen?

Forest eye Lennon as player/coach

Nottingham Forest are the favourites to sign former Celtic captain Neil Lennon, BBC Sport understands.

The League One side, who are managed by former Scotland international Colin Calderwood, are believed to want Lennon as their player/coach.

Lennon finished his seven-year Celtic career last weekend by lifting the Scottish Cup at Hampden.

But the 35-year-old former Northern Ireland international is expected to continue playing, his agent has said.

Neil's priority at the moment is to continue playing and I believe he has a lot still to offer in that capacity," revealed player's agent Martin Reilly.

Lennon enjoyed a colourful career in Scotland since Martin O'Neill signed him from Leicester City in December 2000 for £5.75m.

During his six-and-half years at the club the Northern Irishman won five Scottish Premier League titles, four Scottish Cups and two CIS Cups.

quelle

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Chin-Up Robbo!

War zwar bei den heutigen Sunday Rumours dabei, hat aber nichts mit Transfernews zu tun.

Liverpool fans have been condemned as the worst in Europe in a scathing Uefa report, following violent scenes at the recent Champions League final against AC Milan (News of the World).

:lol:

Not one player at Chelsea, one of the richest football clubs in the world, agreed to contribute any of their wages to the 'May Day For Nurses' campaign, where footballers are asked to give a day's wages to hard-up Nurses. Of all the 556 Premiership players asked to help with the scheme, only 225 contributed.

Wirklich a Schande diese rentboy wankers. Von Manure haben angeblich auch nur 2 Spieler was abgegeben. Im Gegensatz dazu haben alle befragten West Ham Spieler was beigesteuert, anscheined auch weil NRC aktiv an der Kampagne beteiligt is. fair play nrc

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Santini Tottenham

Hab ma schon dacht unser Aaron, Glück ghabt.

Najo, aber wenn er weiterhin so einen Topfen zusammenspielt wie in den letzten Monaten... :augenbrauen:

Wirklich a Schande diese rentboy wankers. Von Manure haben angeblich auch nur 2 Spieler was abgegeben. Im Gegensatz dazu haben alle befragten West Ham Spieler was beigesteuert, anscheined auch weil NRC aktiv an der Kampagne beteiligt is. fair play nrc

Jetzt sei doch nicht so! Du mußt bedenken, was die armen Teufel für Ausgaben haben! Was glaubst, was so ein Sportwagen kostet! Anschaffung, Versicherung, Benzin! Dann braucht man ja noch einen zweiten für die Freundin oder wenn der erste einmal farblich nicht zum neuen Designer-Prolo-Gangster-Outfit passen will. Auch Wohnen ist in London teuer! Da kann man nicht gach mal ein paar Scheine für Krankenschwestern springen lassen!

Achja:

Fan Support Table

1 Tottenham 6635

2 Arsenal 2765

3 Sheff Utd 2101

4 West Ham 1767

5 Liverpool 1647

6 Man Utd 1443

7 Portsmouth 1012

8 Newcastle 971

9 Everton 958

10 Wigan 950

11 Chelsea 872

12 Blackburn 872

13 Fulham 844

14 Man City 517

15 Aston Villa 487

16 Middlesbrough 435

17 Reading 428

18 Bolton 418

19 Watford 376

20 Charlton 362

:holy:

Ein :love: für Krankenschwestern!

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Chin-Up Robbo!
Liverpool fans have been condemned as the worst in Europe in a scathing Uefa report, following violent scenes at the recent Champions League final against AC Milan (News of the World).

Liverpool Fans sind die schlechtesten in Europa und wir sind alle weiße Rassisten.

Let’s get one thing straight right from the onset - West Ham should have been relegated for cheating. The ONLY reason they got let off was because they were a bigger draw than their relegation rivals. The other bee in my bonnet (or hat) for that matter stems from the racism factor at the club. West Ham are still very much a ‘white’ club. I absolutely loathe West Ham and their racist fans, surprising considering I once had a soft spot for them during my childhood, along with Manchester’s premier club of the sky blue variety.

West Ham is still very much a ‘white’ club and if I were to support a London team it’d be Sp*rs. I even prefer Milwall over the ‘Appy Ammers’ and it makes me laugh when the club following are referred to as the best fans in the business. And yes, before you start chatting breeze with regards to massive away support I’d like to mention that swindling, tax dodging and unlawful earnings go a hell of a long way towards subsidising a good trip up North. A browse through an analysis report from the Norman Chester Centre for Football Research made fascinating reading. I learned that that in 1978, sympathisers of the National Front were leafleted outside a number of League grounds, being especially active at key London venues, notably West Ham, Chelsea, Millwall, and Arsenal, following the launch of the National Front youth newspaper ‘Bulldog’ in 1977. ( University of Liecester )

‘Bulldog’, in the 1980’s, began devoting a regular column to its article ‘On The Football Front’, which exhorted fans to “join the fight for race and nation”. At some notoriously racist football venues of the time, such as Upton Park, the National Front were successfully selling club memorabilia doctored with ‘NF’ slogans and motifs. Apart from the racism West Ham fans are just plain nasty. That horrible picture of Paul Ince, head down and being subjected to a tirade of verbal volleys at the Boleyn is forever etched in my memory. The bile directed towards Frankie Lampard and the acceptance of the prodigal son, the club spearhead, the has-been Lee Bowyer was definitely keeping things ticking in the traditional Hammers way.

I’d also like mention Mido’s treatment during a 2005 clash, leading to Alan Pardew apologising to the Egyptian after he was targetted by racist Islamophobic West Ham fans, who taunted him with songs suggesting that he and his family were terrorists. ( Times Online )

Then there was the disgusting treatment of the dignified Glenn Roeder who upon his return to Upton Park with the Geordies, was labeled ‘tumour boy’ and screamed as to ‘why didn’t you die three years ago?’ ( Guardian )

March of this year sees West Ham (again) find themselves entangled in a racist row, with a You Tube video featuring Hammers fans singing anti semitic songs and chanting slogans such as ‘I’d rather be a Paki than a Jew’ during half-time at Upton Park. The chants were accompanied by sick cries of “Sieg Heil” and “Heil Hitler”.( Mirror )

Jason Cowley wrote in the New Statesman (20 January 2003) ( Statesman )

“I watched West Ham a lot in the mid-to-late Seventies - after which I began to see my own team, Arsenal. There is one player, in particular, from that period whom I have never forgotten: the Bermudan-born Clyde Best, one of the pioneering black players of the English game. Best was heavy and clumsy - and missed more opportunities than he scored for West Ham. He was never popular; I often heard him being abused from the terraces, by both home and away supporters. The abuse was sometimes virulently racist.“The Seventies were a time of rapid change in football, not least because the first generation of British-born black players was emerging. It was routine back then to hear these players mocked and jeered from the terraces and, off the field, to hear their commitment and discipline being questioned by those who should have known better.

“There were progressive managers, such as Ron Atkinson of West Bromwich Albion, who had three outstanding black players - the late Laurie Cunningham, a thrilling winger who ended up at Real Madrid, Cyrille Regis and Brendon Batson.”

West Brom were often targeted by the racist element at West Ham, some of whom sold the National Front’s magazine Bulldog outside the ground - the same magazine that would later award WBA a “golden banana” for having the most black players in one team. Cowley finished off by stating that it is now complacently accepted that racism has all but disappeared from the modern game, certainly at the highest level. In truth, it is, if anything, getting worse.

An article in Searchlight magazine that same year concluded: “Just as the decline of racism within football during the late 1980s and 1990s reflected the declining importance of the issue of race within society as a whole, so the present rise stems partly from the growth of racism within society generally . . . The present ‘war on terror’ has brought about increased suspicion, hatred and outright hostility to Muslim communities in Britain.”

Racism cannot and will not be eliminated from football grounds until it is eradicated from everyday living. The Neanderthals, the urchins and the Fagins at West Ham just go to cement the belief that this is an impossible dream.

Oh mein Gott..soviel ignoranten Schwachsinn hab ich schon seit Monaten nicht mehr gelesen. Naja, wen störts..is nur ein weiterer vertrottelter Journalist der auf den "ich hasse West Ham" Zug aufspringt um seine Kolummne mit irgendwelchem Schwachsinn zu füllen. :kotz:

/e

Die Edith hat jetzt den ganzen Artikel reinkopiert. Empfehlenswert is er nicht wirklich; ich hab mich auch geärgert dass ich ~5 Minuten damit verschwendet habe. Aber einigen Usern gefällts womöglich (carolusmagnus?)

Aja falls wen interessiert: eine Antwort (Happy to be Hated - West Ham fans post-Tevez) von einem muslimischen West Ham Fan. Sehr empfehlenswert!

bearbeitet von Cormega

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Wir sind M&N. Gibt es sonst noch Fragen?

Forest win race to capture Lennon

Nottingham Forest have beaten a host of clubs to the signing of former Celtic captain Neil Lennon on a free transfer.

The 35-year-old, who left the Bhoys last month after six-and-a-half years in Glasgow, becomes Forest boss Colin Calderwood's first signing this summer.

The midfielder has signed a one-year contract with an option of a further year, but will not be joining in a coaching capacity as first thought.

"He will be a wonderful signing for us," Calderwood told the club website.

"I don't think we'll be looking for him to play for the next five or six years but what we will be hoping is that he has an influence on those players who will still be in the game beyond when he has retired.

"I fully expect him to play the majority of our games - as he did for Celtic over the last two or three seasons.

"He has been in a winning environment and he is coming here with no desire to ease off. In fact, he told me that I might have to calm him down on occasions.

"I think he will be a refreshing, elder professional at the club and will complement the rest of the group. Signing Neil is a strong indication of the type of player we have been after."

Lennon added: "Basically I'm here because of Colin Calderwood. I was really impressed with him.

"I've asked high-profile people in the game, whose judgement I respect, what they think of him and they had nothing but good things to say about him.

"I know the club from my playing days in England and know the history and tradition of the place. It's a very good club, there's great potential here and I've very excited."

Lennon enjoyed a colourful career in Scotland since Martin O'Neill signed him from Leicester City in December 2000 for £5.75m.

During his time at the club, the Northern Irishman, who was linked with former club Leicester and Premiership new-boys Sunderland among others, won five Scottish Premier League titles, four Scottish Cups and two CIS Cups.

Forest narrowly missed out on promotion to the Championship last season, losing to Yeovil 5-4 on aggregate in the play-off semi-final.

quelle

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Chin-Up Robbo!

Für meinen Freund Austrian Blade:

Blades know nothing about playing fair

THE Campaign for Fairness in Football gets its day in court tomorrow. High on publicity and puffed up with righteous indignation, Sheffield United will hit town to demand reinstatement to the Premier League at the expense of West Ham, for a breach of the infamous rule U18. It is only fair, they will argue.

So let us look at what else Sheffield United would appear to believe is fair — because now it gets interesting. Sheffield United think it is fair that they can sell striker Steve Kabba to Watford for £500,000, yet keep him. Sheffield United think it is fair that he should play against three of the teams that were in the relegation mix in the last month of the season, but not them. Sheffield United think it is fair that they should paint themselves as whiter than white, while officially admitting entering into an arrangement contravening the third party interference ruling that is at the heart of tomorrow's arbitration hearing. Sheffield United have some serious questions to answer.

Ethics

Like at what point were they going to explain the strange circumstances surrounding Kabba's deal. Like how they account for official club information stating Kabba could not play against his former club because of a clause that was part of his permanent transfer and would, therefore, be illegal. Like how they can keep up the pretence that there is one set of villains in this story, West Ham, and all the other characters display the business ethics and demeanour of the lovechildren of Bob Cratchit and Mary Poppins. In reality, they are motley crew, this Campaign for Fairness in Football.

Mohammed Al Fayed, chairman of Fulham, is a supporter. His transfer market activities were believed so fair that in January 2004, his club was temporarily suspended from the international market by FIFA over unpaid debts on the Steve Marlet deal. Similar action was threatened over the transfer of Louis Saha. "I am a man of principle," he says. Then there is Wigan Athletic chairman Dave Whe*an. He would know much about the boundaries of fairness having been fined £5.5m by the Office of Fair Trading for fixing the price of England and Manchester United shirts at his company JJB Sports.

Finally, spearheading the movement is that vested interest on legs, fair-minded Sheffield United plc chairman Kevin McCabe, who wants to re-referee the match after it has been played, to achieve the precise result needed for his team to win.It is no longer suggested that West Ham should merely have points deducted, because a two-point penalty would not save McCabe's club. A very specific punishment is required now — three points — the amount needed to keep Sheffield United up on goal difference and send West Ham down. McCabe has sanctimoniously demanded the league be adjusted on moral grounds in June, forgetting the skeleton in his own cupboard — 5ft 10in of striker, sold by Sheffield United to Watford on the condition he could not come back to haunt them.

March

Kabba played 14 out of 15 games for Watford immediately after his move. He played in a 1-0 win against West Ham, and 1-1 draws with Wigan and Manchester City. But he couldn't feature in the defeat to Sheffield United on April 28 — because, according to Sheffield's website, his former club would not let him. Manchester United insisted on a similar arrangement when goalkeeper Tim Howard moved to Everton — but at least chief executive David Gill did not march on Parliament bleating about fairness, when all the time his club had bent the rulebook until its spine snapped. West Ham's actions over Tevez were wrong and the club was found guilty and punished. Yet what is equally wrong is to pretend this is a rogue institution, out of step with its compatriots, when the merest scratch at the surface reveals an industry that is rife with suspicious discrepancies and transgressions. Fairness, it seems, begins at home which, if he is to leave the Premier League with his credibility intact, is perhaps where McCabe and his fellow campaigners should stay tomorrow

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag