Hello from England!

Homerist
ENG: I think that it is Obertraun. There will be the First team Squad and around 100 Fans I will guess.

very impressive, I don't think 100 Ried Fans would travel with the team only ofr a training camp

I hope I'll have time to watch the match :)

bearbeitet von onkelandy

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

held der schweinsbratenrevolution

hi ben!

is "cobbler" the official expression for a northampton fc-fan? i guess this once was a question in the austriansoccerboard-advent-competition... well, now i know the correct answer, although it's already by far too late! :D

btw: your translation from english to german is quite cool. it keeps me smiling during my work! ;) which machine do you use? babelfish?

in the oberösterreichliga you might get problems to find 100 people at the ground during a league game.

that's correct in most cases, but not in each: there were 5000 visitors at the match st.valentin vs. vorwärts steyr this weekend (1. klasse; 7th level (?))! :eek:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

hi ben!

is "cobbler" the official expression for a northampton fc-fan? i guess this once was a question in the austriansoccerboard-advent-competition... well, now i know the correct answer, although it's already by far too late! :D

btw: your translation from english to german is quite cool. it keeps me smiling during my work! ;) which machine do you use? babelfish?

in the oberösterreichliga you might get problems to find 100 people at the ground during a league game.

that's correct in most cases, but not in each: there were 5000 visitors at the match st.valentin vs. vorwärts steyr this weekend (1. klasse; 7th level (?))! :eek:

Hi!

Yes the Cobblers is our nickname.

It is because our town, Northampton (which can be found on the map below) was famous for its Shoe industry. Hence the Cobblers!

england.jpg

Ben

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

i keep it in english to give ben the possibilty to understand what we are talking about in this thread.

i think league two is the 4th level in british fooball (below the premiership, the championship and league one), in austria this would be oberösterreichliga oder salzburger landesliga. and now compare the stadiums :-). it's nice to read that about 100 fans will accompany a league two team to a continental training camp. in the oberösterreichliga you might get problems to find 100 people at the ground during a league game.

well, it definitely is a different football world. maybe ben can check some tickets for a league two game for us, but i'd also take some for highbury or anfield :D

Definately!

Thanks for the English point, it would help! :D

If any of you are ever our way, it is only an hour from London on the train, and we play games often at home. We get around 6,000 watching at home.

For those impressed with our 100 coming to Austria, we usually ta\ke around 1,000 to any away game in our league. I went to 17 away games last season including the 2,500 we took to our close rivals Rushden and the 500 we took to Yeovil, which is a 4 hour journey!

:D

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Anfänger

Greetings from another Northampton Town fan. 8)

Just a short note to say hello, and to say that i'm looking forward to our trip to your Town/Country next month.

I understand that our fans will be spread about the country during our trip, some in Obertraun (with the team) some in Linz (including myself) and no doubt others elsewhere to saviour your country.

Best of luck, maybe we can all have a beer or six together before the game? :super:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Silver Torah
Best of luck, maybe we can all have a beer or six together before the game? :super:

I prefer six to one, and so do (most of the) others ;)

As we already mentioned, it's the very first time that we face an English team in our football history, and I am already looking forward to playing against you. Normally we play games against Czech, Hungarian and other teams from Eastern Europe, so this is something fundamentally new to us.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Anfänger

Likewise to the six to one business :glubsch: You will have to inform us where the decent bars/pubs are.

This is our 3rd year of pre-season friendlies abroad, the first was in North Carolina USA. Last year Saville Spain, and now Austria, it gives us a break away from the norm. (and not just for the team) The fans (me) make a short holiday of it, and it gives us a chance of meeting up in a different friendly environment.

Should be a good one.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Silver Torah
The fans (me) make a short holiday of it, and it gives us a chance of meeting up in a different friendly environment.

Oh I see, you take your chance and spend your holidays with the team - is it just you, or are there some/many others who lengthen their stay in Austria in order to make (short) holidays? Anyway, this is very unusual here, but I very much appreciate the English way of supporting the own team the whole season (and even during the pre-season).

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Anfänger

In Saville last year, there were many of us all spread about in the city staying in a number of different hotels. There were over 100 or so who made the trip by the end, although that was a three match tour as oppose to this two match Austrian tour.

Because of the teams location in Obertraun, there doesn't seem to be much variety there, so I would expect most fans to be based in either Linz or Salzburg (airport connections) and then travel down to the venue of the two games.

However, it's only a short break, but it will get me in the mood for my trip to Cyprus in August. :)

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Anfänger

Excuses Ben, I went away abroad with friends when I was your age, I only wished the Cobblers played abroad in those dark days. :betrunken:

Anyway, the hotel prices are reasonable in Austria, plus cheap flights with Ryanair, and you have the satisfaction of lazing about watching the Town play against opposition your not likely to see again.

I know many people (if not all) don't take friendly games very seriously, it is however, very enjoyable and educational to a certain extent.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

For those suprised by the amount of fans we take away, these are some pictures of Cobblers Fans at away games!

This was our trip to our rivals Rushden. We took 2,500.

0318.jpg

This was the home leg vs Mansfield, before the game:

http://www.ihostphotos.com/show.php?id=14263

And This was just after we scored against Mansfield 2 Seasons ago, in the Play Offs!

http://www.ihostphotos.com/show.php?id=14283

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag