Del Neri nicht mehr Roma-Coach!

Djet

Fuck Yeah

conti bleibt nur bis saisonende, villeicht kommt ja dann prandelli

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_ita...lia/mar15f.html

Conti: My heart said ‘yes’

Tuesday 15 March, 2005

New Roma boss Bruno Conti insists he had no option but to accept the Giallorossi hotseat following Gigi Del Neri’s resignation.

The club legend was appointed on Monday evening and was today officially presented to the media.

"Taking charge of the side was the last thing on my mind," stated the 1982 World Cup winner.

"But I couldn’t say no at this moment in time to a club which has given me so much in my career."

Conti is the club’s fifth boss in less than a year after the departures of Fabio Capello, Cesare Prandelli, Rudi Voller and Del Neri.

"My appointment is only a temporary one," added the former winger. "At the end of the season I will go back to my role with the youth system, a job that I love.

"But this is a very particular moment for the club and we made this decision together. I accepted it because I know what I can and what I must do.

"I fear no one because I’ve made this decision thanks to my love for Roma, a club I grew up with."

Conti, who has never bossed at this level before, took charge of his first training session this morning and is happy with what he saw.

"We worked well," he continued. "I’ve told the boys that we must continue to chase a Champions’ League place and the Coppa Italia."

Roma have had a disastrous season, with Voller and Del Neri seemingly having difficulties in controlling the dressing room.

But Conti is confident that he can restore some discipline within the squad. "I think I can add something on a psychological level," he explained.

"I’ve told the players that they must put their personal problems to one side from now on."

Conti was also asked to comment on Antonio Cassano, a player who had problems with the club’s last two tacticians.

"I don’t know exactly what happened with Rudi and Del Neri," he added. "But I have a good relationship with Cassano as we speak often.

"Nevertheless, everyone must respect my work. I’ll make my decisions but will explain them to every player because I like to talk."

Conti will make his debut on the bench this Wednesday, when the club try to defend a 1-0 first leg advantage at Fiorentina in the Coppa Italia.

bearbeitet von acdc81

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag