NBA

Weltklassecoach

NBA thinking of banning 3-Pointers until end of game

Bloomberg News

Oct. 13, 2004 12:00 AM

The National Basketball Association is considering a plan to abolish the 3-point shot until the end of games to increase shooting percentages and make the sport more aesthetically pleasing.

The NBA may ban 3-pointers until there's five minutes left in the game in its development league this season, Stu Jackson, NBA senior vice president of basketball operations, said in a telephone interview. The National Basketball Development League season is scheduled to begin Nov. 19.

"We've talked about it," Jackson said. "We're wrestling with the idea." He said it was too early to tell if the NBA would change the rule. advertisement

"I don't want to jump that far ahead," he said. "It's a very radical change, certainly one that would take a great deal of time to get support if there were positive aspects."

Banning the 3-point shot until late in the game might lead to a more up-tempo style and higher shooting percentages because players would be encouraged to take shots closer to the basket. It also would stop players on fast breaks from pulling up for a shot from the three-point line instead of going for layups.

The NBA instituted the 3-point shot in 1979. Last season, teams shot a combined 34.7 percent from beyond the 3-point line, which ranges from 22 feet to 23-feet, 9-inches from the basket.

Rules Changes

Tinkering or even overhauling the rules isn't uncommon for the NBA, which altered its guidelines allowing teams to play zone defenses before the 2001-02 season. Previously, only man-to-man defense was permitted.

One of the reasons the NBA started the six-team development league in 2001 was to use it as a testing ground for rules changes, Jackson said.

Steve Kerr, who made a record 45 percent of the 3-pointers that he attempted in his career, said he supports the elimination of the long-range shot.

"I kind of liked the 3-pointer before every player on every team was a 3-point shooter," Kerr, who won five NBA championships, said in a telephone interview. "It's being shot way too often these days and it's hurting the game. I wouldn't mind seeing an experiment that gets rid of it."

unglaublich jetzt denken die wirklich drüber nach obs die dreierlinie abschaffen wollen.

für mich würde da ein teil des reizes der nba verloren gehen :nope:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

the one they call eazy

ja und den jump shot solltens auch abschaffen...

und nur noch dunkings erlauben :nein:

idioten!

die dreipunktlinie ist wichtig, sehr sogar....

ich erinnere mich da noch an playoff 3pointers von horry *maa' fein... *träum*

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

the one they call eazy

Bobcats 89

Nets 96

Timberwolves 92

Pacers 93

Sixers 89

Hornets 92

Celtics 92

Bulls 95

Bucks 107

Mavericks 105

Suns 104

Spurs 96

Knicks 89

Jazz 113

Warriors 81

Clippers 96

Kings 80

Lakers 105

kobe nur 10pts in 33 min

bearbeitet von eazyberny

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

the one they call eazy

Let the Truth Be Told: Shaquille O'Neal

If you want the truth about this upcoming NBA season, who better to "Let the Truth Be Told" than the esteemed analysts at TNT? We caught up with studio host Ernie Johnson, analysts Kenny Smith, Steve Kerr and Barkley and TNT's No. 1 play-by-play man, Marv Albert to get the skinny on 2004-05. From Shaq to 'Sheed, from LeBron to the unsung offseason acquisition, there isn't a topic from which the TNT guys shied away.

Will the Shaquille O'Neal return to being the dominant player he was during the Lakers' championship run?

"I think that he is going to be so motivated. Just from reading some of his comments, his lashing back this summer -- which may not be appreciated by the Lakers -- but I think he's just showing how competitive and motivated that he'll be coming into the season.

"I still think there are some questions regarding Miami because they made a trade that sent key players away. But with Shaq, if he stays healthy and is in condition, I would think they would be co-favorites to go to the Eastern Conference finals with a couple of other teams."

"He is in great shape. Well, I think Miami or Detroit are the best teams in the East. Indiana will be solid and Miami will be right there. Shaq will always be good.

"I didn't think there was anything wrong with Shaq last year."

"I don't think his dominance has diminished very much. The results the Lakers had, I understand, weren't what they wanted but there's still nobody who has what he has.

"Obviously, he's focused. Obviously, he wants to make it, 'Look at the mistake you made and look what I did for this team.' So, yes, he'll really be driven. His dominance will not be a question."

"I think he has every motivation to return to that level. From what I have heard and from what I have seen on TV, he looks like he is in phenomenal shape.

"I think, at times, the best motivator for a player is change of scenery. When you get traded, you feel slighted as a player, especially a player like Shaquille O'Neal. I think he's going to be motivated. I think he's going to have a great year and I think he's going to turn Miami into championship-caliber team."

"I'll wait to see how great of shape that he's in. I mean, what would be the incentive to be in great shape this year?

"He's always had the chance to be the most dominant player in the NBA. I've heard before he was in different types of shape. Shape and weight are different things. I think the weight bothers him more than anything. There are certain guys who are heavy, but are in shape. They can carry it.

"I think with Shaq that being the player he wants to be -- he'll always be a top three player no matter what shape he comes in. And to be the type of player he wants to be, I think it's a matter of losing weight so he doesn't get injured."

die lakers werden sich noch wünschensie hätten kobe in die wüste geschickt :finger:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Weltklassecoach

glaub mir shaq bereuts mehr nicht mehr bei den lakers zu sein als umgekehrt und es wäre eine geisteskranke entscheidung gewesen einen 26 jährigen superstar der sein level noch halten kann und wird, ziehen zu lassen gegen einen 32 jährigen der zwar noch immer gut aber definitiv am absteigenden ast ist.

shaq verstopft zwei jahre den salary bei den heat und dann ist er weg und miami spielt um platz 30 in der nba während die lakers mit geschickten trads in spätestens 2 jahren um den titel mitspielen.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

the one they call eazy

ich kann mir beim besten willen einfach nicht vorstellen das kobe ein team führen kann...

er ist für mich kein leadertyp....

ichmein er is ein superstar, aba ist er auch ein führer??

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Weltklassecoach
ich kann mir beim besten willen einfach nicht vorstellen das kobe ein team führen kann...

er ist für mich kein leadertyp....

ichmein er is ein superstar, aba ist er auch ein führer??

bitte berny schreib ned so an blödsinn kobe führt des team seit jahren und ist seit jeher derjenige der den ball kriegt wenns haarig wird des is fakt im gegensatz zu shaq der wird ausgewchselt weil er keinen freiwurf trifft.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag