Queiroz kehrt zurück!

fino alla fine

Queiroz returns to United

Friday, 04 June 2004

queiroz.jpg

Former Real Madrid boss Carlos Queiroz has returned to Manchester United as assistant manager to Sir Alex Ferguson after signing a three-year deal.

Queiroz quit United last summer to join Madrid, but he endured a difficult year with the Spanish giants as they ended the season with no silverware.

The Portuguese coach was sacked by Real last month and, although he was linked with the manager's job at Tottenham, he has decided to return to Old Trafford.

United failed to replace Queiroz after his departure last summer, with former Everton boss Walter Smith coming in to assist Ferguson on a temporary basis in March.

Smith has now left Old Trafford, freeing up room for Queiroz to work alongside Ferguson again.

Queiroz was delighted to be returning to Old Trafford.

"I feel proud and happy with my decision. It is a commitment to Manchester United where football achievements and ambitions fulfil my personal and professional goals," said Queiroz.

"I would like to express my respect and gratitude to the board and Sir Alex Ferguson for the trust and confidence they have given me with this amazing and renewed opportunity.

"It is an honour for me to share the dreams and expectations of all Manchester United fans."

United manager Ferguson was happy to be reunited with Queiroz.

"I am delighted to have Carlos back," said the Scot. "I was sad to see him leave last year but understood his reasons for doing so. Now he has experienced new challenges and he can bring those new experiences with him.

"He is a terrific coach and made a marvellous contribution to the year we won the league. The players and staff respected him and will be pleased to see his return."

Queiroz is highly-regarded at Old Trafford and played an instrumental role in their Premiership success in 2003.

skysports.com

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

fino alla fine

Queiroz kehrt zu ManU zurück

Manchester United holt Carlos Queiroz, der erst vor rund zwei Wochen als Chefcoach beim spanischen Traditionsverein Real Madrid entlassen wurde, als Assistent von Teammanager Sir Alex Ferguson zurück. Der 51-Jährige, der mit dem spanischen Rekordmeister keinen Erfolg hatte, erhält einen Vertrag bis 2007. “Ich bin froh, dass Carlos zurück ist. Er hat neue Erfahrungen gemacht, die er einbringen kann. Er ist ein Klasse-Coach“, sagte Ferguson.

Queiroz (“Ich bin stolz und glücklich über diese Entscheidung“) war vor seinem Engagement bei Real bereits bei “ManU“ tätig gewesen und trainierte zudem Sporting Lissabon sowie die Nationalteams von Portugal und Südafrika.

kicker.de

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Im ASB-Olymp
“Ich bin froh, dass Carlos zurück ist. Er hat neue Erfahrungen gemacht, die er einbringen kann.......“, sagte Ferguson.

Was meint er damit? Will er das nächste Jahr auch titellos beenden und auf dem vierten Platz landen wie Real? :D

Als Assistent ist Queiroz jedenfalls besser platziert als in einer Cheftrainer-Funktion, hat man letzte Saison eindeutig gesehen.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag