Tottenham Hotspur F.C.

• 4 weeks later...
Santini Tottenham

Damit wieder etwas Leben in den Thread kommt und nicht nur die lustigen Waffenschanis von Woolwich Arsenal hier zu lesen sind, ein Kommentar von Martin Jol zur letzten Leistung:

The Jol Verdict

22 Nov 2005 08:46

Martin Jol looks back on the last-gasp pain of the very late leveller suffered against West Ham and ahead to Wigan next time out...

WE WERE AND are very disappointed with the conceding of the late goal against West Ham on Sunday, but maybe you sometimes get what you deserve if you only score one goal. We should have scored more but they were always eager, ambitious and kept on digging in.

They only had one really big chance before the goal with Sheringham and when you get to the last couple of minutes you have to kill them off. Not only by scoring a goal, but by being professional, keeping the ball in the corners and not giving it away. When you give away a corner kick in the final seconds you always know it can be dangerous - which it turned out to be.

Doing the right thing comes with experience which you can't teach but you can talk about it. You need that mental toughness in you to defend late set pieces when you are leading by just a goal. One of the things I thought after the game is that we have to take it on the chin and become a better team.

In the first half I thought we did a decent job and scored the goal. We need to punish teams and score a second, be more decisive in the final third and be more creative. We knew we had to score a second goal and that was the message at half-time.

We were a bit unfortunate with the chance from Jermaine Jenas going wide by only a couple of inches, but we have to force our luck. We did have chances and, if you look at the game, I don't think Shaka Hislop had to make a lot of saves. It is something we have to do better at.

We travel to Wigan next and I think they have taken everyone by surprise by going on such a good run and winning nearly all of their games. They have lost against Chelsea and Arsenal and still made it difficult for them. It is a very tough game we have to play on Saturday.

Wigan are a good side, they have come up from the Championship and are mentally very strong. I think they have conceded only eight goals and up front they have strong players with Camara, who is quick. Wigan work unbelievably hard and are a good side.

That doesn't mean a lot on its own, you have to win your games as well and that is what they have done.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Postinho

Away bei Wigan 2:1 :clap:

It was joy for two Dutchmen and misery for another as Martin Jol's Tottenham made it another afternoon of capital punishment for Wigan.

A rare mistake by experienced Dutch defender and Latics captain Arjan De Zeeuw gifted the Spurs opener to Robbie Keane after eight minutes.

And with 13 minutes left, Edgar Davids fired in number two - his first in the Premiership - to wrap up the points and give Spurs their first win in five games.

But Wigan set-up a nail-biting finish by pulling one back two minutes from time. Henri Camara's cross was parried by Paul Robinson but it ran to the unmarked Lee McCulloch who made no mistake slotting it home at the back post.

Paul Jewell had the luxury of a fully-fit squad available and opted to make a surprise change to the side beaten by Arsenal in last week's five-goal thriller - a result that ended a run of six straight Premiership wins.

Experienced keeper John Filan, who was criticised over the first of the Gunners' goals, got a vote of confidence during the week but he was still left out, dropped for the first time since joining Wigan from Blackburn four years ago.

It meant another chance for ex-Rotherham keeper Mike Pollitt, who was in the side at the start of the season when Filan, 35, was recovering from a hernia operation.

For Jol it was a landmark occasion, his 50th game in charge, and Spurs were looking to end a run of four matches without a win.

He stuck with Keane up front in partnership with Egyptian striker Mido and Jermain Defoe on the bench.

Despite making his return in the reserves in midweek after a foot injury, there was no place for Wayne Routledge, deemed not to be quite ready for first-team action.

Wigan were quick out of the traps, forcing two early corners and almost cashing in on a disastrous clearance by keeper Robinson.

It went straight to midfield general Jimmy Bullard, who sent Jason Roberts racing in on goal. But Spurs skipper Ledley King was quick to spot the danger, and got back to spare the England keeper further embarrassment.

Republic of Ireland international Graham Kavanagh fired just wide from long range as Wigan kept up the momentum.

But manager Jol's decision to stick with Irish star Keane up front was justified as Spurs grabbed the lead.

Teemu Tainio provided a deep ball which de Zeeuw inexplicably failed to cut out. It gave Keane a chance he gratefully snapped up, rounding Pollitt before sliding the ball into an empty net.

Typically the Latics went in search of an equaliser with McCulloch heading over from a Bullard corner and Camara miscuing in front of goal.

But it required a timely tackle from Wigan right-back Pascal Chimbonda to deny Mido the chance of a second for Spurs.

Kavanagh let fly with another fierce left-foot strike but again failed to hit the target, while goalscorer Keane was proving a handful for the Wigan defence at the other end.

He protested to referee Mike Riley after Swiss defender Stephane Henchoz appeared to hold him back inside the area, but the official waved aside his claims for a penalty.

King did well to hold off Camara as he headed into the Spurs box and Kavanagh almost made it third time lucky - this time hammering just wide with his right foot.

England Under-21's left-back Leighton Baines almost registered his first goal for almost a year, but his left-foot strike deflected off McCulloch's head and the touch was enough to take it off target.

Jermaine Jenas tried his luck from long-range with a free-kick before Wigan struck on the break with McCulloch supplying the long ball from the speedy Camara to chase. But Robinson reacted to the danger, nipping out of his area to head it clear before the Wigan striker could get to it.

Spurs were agonisingly close to snatching a second when the unmarked Finnish star Tainio lashed in a shot from the left, but Pollitt came up with a diving save to keep it out.

Jewell signalled Wigan's intentions to make a fight of it when he sent on Irish forward David Connolly for midfielder Damien Francis and left three up front.

But it left the Latics vulnerable to the counter attack and it led to Spurs' second, as the defence backed off Davids and he beat Pollitt with a drive into the far corner.

McCulloch got one back and Spurs had to survive four minutes of stoppage-time before they could start celebrating.

Man of the Match: Teemu Tainio An energetic performance from the Finnish midfielder, who set up the first goal and almost got one himself in the second half.

Jewell jokingly claimed his side's second consecutive defeat represented a crisis.

"We know now that people will be saying that the bubble has burst, people have been saying nice things about us, but I suppose defeats against Arsenal and Spurs will plunge us into crisis," he said.

"We gave them an early goal but they gave us plenty of respect by playing with a 4-4-2 formation and we have learned once again that mistakes at this level can cost you dear.

"The players are disappointed, but then I expect them to be. But we are still third in the table and if you had offered us that at the start of the season we would have been doing cartwheels down Wigan high street."

Jol revealed he had changed his side's approach to deal with the tactics that had served Wigan so well this term.

"Today was all about the result," said Jol. "We had to match them for effort, which we did, and then our bit of extra quality shone through.

"They are a hard-working side and showed why they are just where they are. They deny you space and get balls into the box and rely on the break, but we changed our system today because we knew how they would play."

Wigan Athletic: Mike Pollitt, Arjan De Zeeuw, Stephane Henchoz, Leighton Baines, Pascal Chimbonda, Damien Francis (David Connolly 67), Graham Kavanagh, Jimmy Bullard, Jason Roberts, Henri Camara, Lee McCulloch

Subs not used: Ryan Taylor, Matt Jackson, John Filan, Alan Mahon

Tottenham Hotspur: Paul Robinson, Ledley King, Michael Dawson, Young-Pyo Lee, Paul Stalteri, Michael Carrick, Edgar Davids, Jermaine Jenas, Teemu Tainio, Robbie Keane, Ahmed Hossam Mido

Subs not used: Aaron Lennon, Michael Brown, Stephen Kelly, Jermain Defoe, Radek Cerny

Booked: Paul Stalteri 90, Edgar Davids 45

Referee: Mike Riley

Attendance: 22611

aus - 4thegame

bearbeitet von ante jazic

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Большевик

@ seanton , keyser soze

¯My old man said be an Arsenal fan,

I said "Fuck off, bollocks you're a cunt",

We took the North Bank in half a minute,

We took the Shed with the Chelsea in it,

We hammered the Hammers,

With carving knifes and spanners,

We taught the Millwall how to fight,

So I'll never be a Gunner,

Cos every cunts a runner,

That’s what I told my old man

Who likes little boys?

Who likes little boys?

Arsene Wenger,

Arsene Wenger

He likes little boys

Also, ihr habts an eigenen Thread. :D

Jetzt zur Tagesordung. Endlich wieder ein Sieg, viele verschenkte Punkte waren das in letzter Zeit und jetzt beim starken Aufsteiger ein unerwarteter Sieg. Robbie und Davids sorgen für einen ungefährdeten Sieg. Sehr stark die Abwehr mit den King und Dawson. Keane statt Defoe, eine interessante Option für den zuletzt schwachen Defoe. 2 verschenkte Punkte gegen die Hammers, solche dummen Tore darf man einfach nicht bekommen und gegen Bolton sollte man eigentlich auch nicht verlieren, obwohl die eine kompakte Truppe haben.

Falls die nächsten drei Partien gewonnen werden, könnte sich Platz 3 ausgehen. Die erscheint nicht unmöglich, da man auf Sunderland, Portsmouth und Middlesbrough trifft.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Santini Tottenham
Falls die nächsten drei Partien gewonnen werden, könnte sich Platz 3 ausgehen. Die erscheint nicht unmöglich, da man auf Sunderland, Portsmouth  und Middlesbrough trifft.

895362[/snapback]

Das sind sicher Partien, in denen Siege allemal drinnen sind, ich rechne aber eher mit 5 - 7 Pkt. und zwar genau aus diesem

viele verschenkte Punkte waren das in letzter Zeit
Grund.

Zu Middlesbrough und Sunderland fällt mir noch etwas ein:

:support: You’re just a small team in Scotland

Small team in Scoootland

You’re just a small team in Scotland! :v:

And now for something completely different:

Kuyt convinced by Davids

Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt has revealed that compatriot Edgar Davids is doing his best to talk him into a move to Tottenham.

The two are Holland team-mates and Davids has been using international get-togethers to bend Kuyt's ear about the benefits of life at White Hart Lane.

What is more, it seems his words are doing the trick as Kuyt admits he would now jump at the chance of a move to North London.

"During the last training camp with Holland I had long talks with Edgar," Kuyt explained. "He said that Spurs are a fantastic club.

"If Edgar says it, I believe every word. He has made me very curious and eager to join them.

"Edgar also explained to me how Spurs are now catching up with the two or three best clubs of the Premier League."

Spurs have been chasing the 25-year-old for some time and it seems a renewed raid in January is all but certain.

They failed to land him in the summer, but Kuyt's eagerness to link up with Martin Jol should help ease a move when the transfer window reopens.

"They really tried hard to get the transfer done [in the summer]," Kuyt continued.

"But it was all at the last minute and Feyenoord had no chance to sign a replacement.

"Martin Jol is a fabulous coach. He was a miracle man in Holland and he proves he can do the same things in the Premier League.

"I'll just wait and see what happens now."

Ich glaub zwar nicht, dass es klappt, aber es ist natürlich schön, wenn man sich nach wie vor um jemanden wie Kuyt bemüht, wobei ich mich Frage, ob Jol in Zukunft mit vier Stürmern spielen will. :feier:

Mido hat auch noch gemeint, dass er gerne fix bleiben möchte. Im Moment ist er ja bloß ausgeliehen.

Passend dazu:

Levy not planning January sale

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has insisted there will be no January clearout at White Hart Lane.

Spurs have one of the bulkiest squads in The Premiership and reports have suggested there could be a cull in January in order to provide coach Martin Jol with the space to freshen up his squad.

Jol's charges are well positioned in fifth in the table and Levy says the club will not look to disrupt the Dutchman's squad in January.

"We have got to be careful, we need to strike a balance between giving our youngsters a chance as against making the squad bigger and it is something I have made clear that we need to get that balance right," Levy told Sky Sports News.

"If the right opportunity arises, then we will take it," he said in response to questions about new players being brought in.

Levy expects his phone to be hot in January, but insists he has no plans to make wholesale changes.

"It is a testament to the quality of players we have here that we expect to receive lots of offers for our players," he added. "It does not mean we will accept them, we will review the situation at the time.

"I expect we will get offers, but we are not looking to sell our players."

Jol has brought stability to White Hart Lane and with it an upturn in form, and the Dutchman has clearly made a positive impression on Levy.

"I think Martin is a great coach, he has an enthusiasm and has a great rapport with players and the staff and is a great asset to this club," added Levy.

Ich hoffe natürlich, dass der Kader bei Gelegenheit ausgedünnt wird, allerdings finde ich die Position und Aussagen Levys ganz gut.

Es hilft nichts, Spielern das Gefühl zu geben, überflüssig zu sein und sie für ein Taschengeld abzugeben.

bearbeitet von CarolusMagnus

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Santini Tottenham
Kann mir hier mal jemand sagen wie bei Tottenham die Spielmacherposition besetzt ist?

Laut Zeitungsbericht soll ua. Tottenham an unserem Spielmacher und Topskorer Matias Emilio Delgado dran sein!

898100[/snapback]

:glubsch:

:aaarrrggghhh:

Das wäre der nächste Transfer aus der Kategorie "Spieler, die keiner braucht - um 5 Mille kaufen, ein Jahr später um 2 Mille wieder abgeben", aber nachdem scheinbar ein zweiter Schinkels der Chefscout an der White Hart Lane ist, wundert mich das eh schon lange nicht mehr.

EDIT: Anderes Thema: Weiß jemand, ob der was taugt:

Tottenham are reportedly considering buying Antonio Guayre of Villarreal in order to secure the signature of Deportivo La Coruna's Cesar.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=33...+new+Cesar+move

:???:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Sehr bekannt im ASB

Würde den Transfer überhaupt nicht verstehen! Da hat man mit Jenas und mit Davids wirklich zwei gute zentrale Mittelfeldspieler, da würde ich es verkehrt finden irgendjemanden dazuzukaufen.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Santini Tottenham

Pedro Mendes wird wohl ziemlich sicher wechseln. Offenbar steht Celtic bei ihm hoch im Kurs.

Mendes hints at Bhoys interest

Tottenham midfielder Pedro Mendes has admitted he would be interested in a move to Celtic.

Der ganze Artikel: http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=33...nel=premiership

Hmm... Ich frage mich, mit welchen Versprechungen man Neuerwerbungen an die White Hart Lane holt.

Scheinbar gelingt es einfach nicht, gute Spieler zu verpflichten, die nicht gleich jammern, wenn sie nicht Stammspieler sind.

Einmal meckert Keane, dann Defoe, dann Mendes... :nein:

Apropos Keane:

Keane happy at Spurs

Robbie Keane has pledged to stay at Tottenham after finally getting his chance in the team.

The Republic of Ireland international began the season playing second fiddle to Jermain Defoe and Mido, but he has recently won a place in the starting XI.

Keane has started the last three games ahead of Defoe and he has responded by scoring two goals.

The 25-year-old is happy he has been given his chance by Martin Jol and he predicts a bright future for Spurs.

"Full credit to the gaffer, he has given me a chance in the last couple of games and I am happy with that," said Keane.

"We've got such a young squad and it looks so bright for the future of Tottenham."

Gerüchteweise sind wir an einem Koreaner interessiert, der sich bereits bei Real Sociedad aund Numancia nicht durchsetzen konnte. :glubsch:

Spurs linked with Lee

Tottenham are reported to be lining up a move for South Korea international Lee Chun-soo.

The left-sided midfielder is currently with Ulsan Hyundai Horang-I after a frustrating spell in Spain with Real Sociedad and Numancia.

Reports suggest that Tottenham are considering a move for the 24-year-old when the transfer window reopens in January and have even held initial discussions with the player.

Lee has admitted he would be interested in a return to Europe despite his disappointments in Spain.

"I learned my lesson so I am going to improve," said Lee.

"I failed once and I will do better next time.

"I feel I'm best suited for fast-paced soccer."

Should Spurs make a move for Lee he would join compatriot Lee Young-pyo at White Hart Lane.

Naja, vielleicht wäre das so einer, den man auch auf Bank oder Tribüne setzen kann, ohne dass er einen Aufstand macht. :ratlos:

Dabei hat Jol erst vor Kurzem gemeint, dass den Spurs noch ein Spieler fehlt, der ein Spiel im Alleingang entscheiden kann, um näher an die Spitzenteams aufzuschließen.

Recht hat er, aber dieser Lee ist wohl kaum so ein Kicker.

Noch ein netter Zusammenschnitt

Robbie Keane - nice goals:

http://rapidshare.de/files/6364041/Robbie_Keane.wmv.html

Einfach auf Free klicken.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Большевик
:glubsch:

:aaarrrggghhh:

Das wäre der nächste Transfer aus der Kategorie "Spieler, die keiner braucht - um 5 Mille kaufen, ein Jahr später um 2 Mille wieder abgeben", aber nachdem scheinbar ein zweiter Schinkels der Chefscout an der White Hart Lane ist, wundert mich das eh schon lange nicht mehr.

EDIT: Anderes Thema: Weiß jemand, ob der was taugt:

Tottenham are reportedly considering buying Antonio Guayre of Villarreal in order to secure the signature of Deportivo La Coruna's Cesar.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=33...+new+Cesar+move 

:???:

898105[/snapback]

Nach langer Krankheit wieder einmal im Asb. also den Delgado würd ich schon gerne haben, nicht nur wegen seiner Jugend. Der Mann hat mir in der CL-Quali gegen Bremen schon sehr gut gefallen und wenn er nur 3-4 Mio. kostet, würd ich ihn nehmen. Klar wir haben starke Spieler auf der Position nur , ich glaub der kann so ziemlich überall im Mittelfeld spielen.

Mendes würd ich abgeben, hat sich nie eine Stammposition erkämpft und von Celtic würde man wohl einige Ablöse erhalten. Den Südkoreaner braucht kein Mensch, wir haben ja Wayne...

Dirk Kuyt braucht kein Mensch, der kostet nur elendig viel, wir haben Mido. :finger:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Santini Tottenham
Nach langer Krankheit wieder einmal im Asb.

908187[/snapback]

Willkommen zurück! Endlich schreibt mal wieder jemand was! Heut mach ich ein Faß auf! :RiedWachler::smokehupfi: :cool:

also den Delgado würd ich schon gerne haben, nicht nur wegen seiner Jugend. Der Mann hat mir in der CL-Quali gegen Bremen schon sehr gut gefallen und wenn er nur 3-4 Mio. kostet, würd ich ihn nehmen. Klar wir haben starke Spieler auf der Position nur , ich glaub der kann so ziemlich überall im Mittelfeld spielen.

Mendes würd ich abgeben, hat sich nie eine Stammposition erkämpft und von Celtic würde man wohl einige Ablöse erhalten.

Delgado ist sicher nicht schlecht, allerdings wäre er wohl kaum eine richtige Verstärkung, sondern gerade mal eine junge Kaderergänzung, und davon haben wir mMn ohnehin genug, wenn nicht zuviel.

Mendes will ja selber weg, da er keinen Stammplatz hat, zudem ist er sicher mit der Aussicht, eine richtige Verstärkung zu sein, verpflichtet worden, weswegen er bestimmt nicht zu knapp verdient, also muß man ihn wohl - ob man will oder nicht - abgeben.

Für stärker, erfahrener und wichtiger als Delgado erachte ich ihn allerdings schon, und statt einem Spieler wie Mendes nun ein weiteres Talent zu holen, wäre eher eine weitere quantitative Aufstockung unseres Kaders, denn eine qualitative, und genau diese Qualität in der Breite fehlt mMn total.

Da sind zu viele talentierte Leute, aus denen etwas werden kann, aber zuwenig erfahrene, fertige Spieler wie Mendes.

Ich fände es klüger, wenn man einige Kaderplätze einsparen, sich auf eine handvoll junger Leute konzentrieren würde und dafür ein, zwei Ersatzspieler von guter Qualität verpflichten würde.

Also:

Mendes will weg und nachdem er wohl viel Gehalt schluckt -> abgeben!

Aber zu den "jungen, wilden" Talenten, die im Augenblick als Ergänzungsspieler fungieren, dafür ein, zwei Spieler holen, die sofort (und nicht erst bei guter Entwicklung) soviel Qualität haben, um Ausfälle unter den Stammspielern kompensieren zu können.

Wenn Delgado wirklich außergewöhnlich talentiert ist, kann man ihn gerne holen, aber dafür sollte man den einen oder anderen jungen Spieler dann abgeben, sonst haben wir bald einen 60-Mann-Kader, von denen 50 eher unter die Rubrik "Talente" fallen. :=

Den Südkoreaner braucht kein Mensch, wir haben ja Wayne...

Ja, den Südkoreaner braucht kein Mensch. Hoffentlich ist an der Sache nichts dran.

Was ich von dem Spanier halten soll, weiß ich nicht.

Dirk Kuyt braucht kein Mensch, der kostet nur elendig viel, wir haben Mido.  :finger:

Oh, auch ein Mido-Fan! :v:

Das Problem ist aber, dass wir Mido eben nicht "haben", sondern er bloß ausgeliehen ist.

Nachdem er selber gerne bleiben würde, sollte man ihn natürlich verpflichten, wenn ihn die Roma gehen läßt. Aufgrund seiner guten Leistungen wäre aber auch Mido wohl schweineteuer und wer weiß, ob die Italiener überhaupt Lust haben, ihn abzugeben.

Sollten wir nächste Saison ohne Mido dastehen, wäre ein Verpflichtung von Kuyt mMn durchaus begrüßenswert, ansonsten brauchen wir ihn nicht wirklich.

Wo wir viel eher eine Verstärkung brauchen, ist die Abwehr!

Nachdem wir uns im Sturm und Mittelfeld sehr gut verstärkt haben, fällt die Defensive qualitativ doch etwas ab.

Da würde ich mir schon noch einen starken Spieler wünschen. :yes:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Большевик
Wo wir viel eher eine Verstärkung brauchen, ist die Abwehr!

Nachdem wir uns im Sturm und Mittelfeld sehr gut verstärkt haben, fällt die Defensive qualitativ doch etwas ab.

Da würde ich mir schon noch einen starken Spieler wünschen. :yes:

908619[/snapback]

Ja, brauchen wir wirklich einen. Mit Dawson und Ledley King haben wir zwei der besten und jüngsten IV der Liga. Auf links spielt mit Lee ein weiterer starker Spieler. Mit Huddlestone steht ein weiterer junger bereit , Naybet und Pamarot sind gute Ergänzungsspieler. Stalteri auf rechts ist für mich halt eine Wackelposition. Da wär mir ein Khalid Boulahrouz oder ein Anthony Réveillère natürlich lieber. Gut die würd ich auch gerne bei den Bayern sehen, aber... Kostenpunkt jeweils knapp 10 Mio. aber die sind es auch wert. Billiger, doch hat er die Klasse wäre ein Julian de Guzman.

Mido wird nicht so teuer werden, er will ja nicht mehr nach Rom und hat anscheinend eine Ausstiegsklausel.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag