der Wrestling - Thread

Patzi

Sehr bekannt im ASB
LiamG schrieb vor 13 Stunden:

Auch wenn ich alle vier auch heute noch gerne sehe das war schon, naja, für das Alter aller Beteiligten angemessen. Hoffe das wird jetzt nicht noch bis WM fortgesetzt...

Man hat es im letzten Jahrzehnt verabsäumt irgendwelche Stars zu kreieren bis auf Cena, Bryan, Orton und Punk hat die WWE es nicht geschafft irgendein Aushängeschild mit Starpower zu erschaffen stattdessen glaubt man das es die Lösung ist Leute aus dem Inide-Bereich zu holen die auch außer In Ring Talent keinerlei Charisma besitzen. Wäre ich die WWE würde ich nach jungen charismatischen Schauspielern suchen und die zum Wrestler umfunktionieren sonst wirds keine neue Austins oder Rocks mehr geben und ein Taker hat seit mindestens 5 Jahren nix mehr im Ring zu suchen.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

V.I.P.

Ich weiß nicht ob jemand hier lordsofpain kennt aber dort gab es jahrelang eine Kolumne und der Schreiber hat letzte Woche einen offenen Brief an die WWE verfasst der es eigentlich ganz gut auf den Punkt bringt:

Spoiler

Dear WWE,

I am writing to tell you that you have officially lost me as a paying fan to your product. Moving forward, you will no longer obtain my hard earned dollars or my time. That is sad because I have been a loyal and dedicated wrestling fan since late 1988 after my uncle showed me Clash of the Champions 1 which was headlined by a 45 minute draw between Ric Flair and Sting. I was blown away by that match and after that, I wanted to consume as much pro wrestling as possible. I rented WWE SummerSlam 1988 after only to see the Ultimate Warrior win the Intercontinental Title out of no where, the Mega Powers take on the Mega Bucks, and Miss Elizabeth tearing off her dress to confirm that I was 100% straight. Holy cow… I was aware of Hulk Hogan vs. Andre before through hearsay, but I witnessed Hulk Hogan and “Macho Man” Randy Savage break up to headline Wrestlemania 5… And I was extremely hooked after that.

I watched through the good times and bad… I endured those mid 1990s years with a sense of loyalty… I did stop watching from mid-2007 through late 2009 out of disgust for your drug testing policy (or lack thereof) but I came back once you appeared to take wrestler safety seriously again.

But now, I’m walking away.

Your existing product has deteriorated to the point where it no longer makes sense to me. The PG era has made storytelling extremely lame and childish. Your fetishes with certain wrestlers (Roman Reigns, Jinder Mahal, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus) and pushing them to be your champions have perplexed me, especially in light of whom you discarded as main event stars (CM Punk, Braun Strowman, Daniel Bryan, Cesaro, and even John Cena since SummerSlam 2014). Lately, you have placed all of your eggs into the Reigns, Lesnar, and Rousey baskets while forcing the rest of the roster to endure 50/50 booking (winning some, losing some, no streaks either way). Now, that plan is unraveling due to a very unfortunate circumstance of Reigns becoming sick (praying for him!), Lesnar not caring and wanting to return to the UFC, and pushing Rousey too hard.

At first, I really enjoyed the 2016 Brand Split and thought that the split brand Pay Per Views were not bad… But then I saw how badly you raided your NXT rosters and then the 2017 “superstar shake-up” broke the momentum that either brand had. Quality of WWE’s shows have done nothing but deteriorate ever since. The “last straw” was how Daniel Bryan‘s amazing comeback was completely disregarded by Big Cass humiliating him week after week before he was released, losing to Rusev, and then letting the Miz get the better of him. Bryan should have been pushed hard as a babyface sensation from day one…

For 2018, I paid $9.99 monthly for the WWE Network and I boldly attended TWO live WWE events. One of the events was Smackdown LIVE with floor tickets and I even bought a Daniel Bryan t-shirt to support him while the other was Extreme Rules, both events being in Pittsburgh. Look at all of that money that I spent on your product, WWE… On top of that, during late 2017, bought your PIECE OF CRAP WWE 2k18 edition for the Nintendo Switch DESPITE the awful reviews that it was receiving.

No more…

WWE and Vince McMahon… You have caused this 30 year wrestling fan to give up on your product and decide to stop dedicating much of my free time towards it as well. Thanks to you, I have no motivation to watch anything WWE past, present, or future… But I have also lost motivation to watch any other promotions as well. Mostly, it’s due to when the WWE is great, there is no other forms of entertainment better. Go watch that Royal Rumble 2018 when the male wrestlers put on a show and when all of the legend female wrestlers came back to complete with all of the newer generation women’s wrestlers. That was awesome… Yet, that’s all we received during 2018 as it has been bad Pay Per View after bad Pay Per View.

Your promotion has become a slave to money while completely disregarding its loyal fanbase. The 3rd Quarter Financials saw attendance declining but you don’t care. As long as your buddy Cable/Satellite corporations are willing to cut you a big check, it doesn’t matter. And you’ll take money from anywhere, as the world is wondering what you’re doing in a few weeks in light of recent events. And where is that money, WWE? Why isn’t it being invested in the talent or improving the presentation fo the WWE?

The culture of the WWE is terrible… WWE, themselves, tells the public that everything is scripted and that the bumps are as a result of training. Just watch multiple shows on the WWE Network or E! Channel to find that out. Vince McMahon is surrounded by family, friends, corporate types, and complete yes-men whereas he had surrounded himself with actual wrestling students of the game who could advise him and come ideas on how to keep things fresh. Worse yet, a major FINGER OF SHAME needs to go to TNA/Impact and Ring of Honor for not being able to challenge the declining WWE at all. No competition has made Vince McMahon comfortable and with no drive to try something new. Instead, Vince McMahon pushes who he wants, when he wants.

I don’t care that you consider it “Sports Entertainment”. Until you remove that wrestling ring, the rules for a match, referees, and title belts, there is more “WRESTLING” than there is “ENTERTAINMENT” in “World Wrestling Entertainment”. The part that Vince McMahon considered “Entertainment”, the non-wrestling stuff, has deteriorated significantly. Everybody has to read from a script instead of speaking from the heart and merging their own personal traits into the character. There is nothing entertaining about bad promos cut or weak attempts at replicating Attitude Era backstage segments (especially in the PG Era).

When was the last big STAR that you actually created? John Cena? Cena ruled the land from 2005 through 2014 and you haven’t replaced him since as seen by the declining attendance, viewership, and merchandise numbers. Brock Lesnar was a nice WWE Network exclusive but you went out of your way to destroy his character just to create a favorable reaction to Roman Reigns at SummerSlam. Before that, though, Lesnar destroyed and humiliated the entire roster with his dominance. And what do you have to show for it?

And don’t get me started on your politically correct BS… You have anti-bullying campaigns with Stephanie McMahon as the spokesperson and yet she appears on WWE television as a complete bully heel character to other wrestlers. Wrestlers are not allowed to use playground taunts towards each other or on social media, but when the Rock appears, he says whatever on the mic even if its offensive and against the PG Era that everybody else has to abide by. Banning the “Curb Stomb” from Seth Rollins, come on! Your morals seem to depend more on whether it makes you a pile of money or not.

How many damn hours do you expect me to watch of your product? 3 hours of RAW, 2 hours of Smackdown, and 1 hour of NXT per week while we’re getting up to 2 Pay Per Views per month that are 4 hours in length. Who has time to watch that, let alone writing columns on such much content?

I don’t have time… I don’t want you to take up my time or money any longer. Because of your LACK of quality for the past few years, I’m done not just as a WWE fan but a wrestling fan as well. You have made me dislike pro wrestling, WWE.

There is always a chance to win me back… If you change your Creative Team and Front Office, that’s a start. If you can somehow create a Rock/Steve Austin type draw, that’s another way. Until then, you won’t have me to kick around as a wrestling fan any longer.

But I doubt that things will improve. The XFL is coming back and those who do not remember history are condemned to repeat it (George Santayana 1905-1906. You can try to talent raid Kenny Omega or Cody Rhodes but your culture is still in place to hand them scripts and tell them to wrestle a certain way.

Financial boycott is on, WWE, and you only did this to yourselves.

I don’t need you, WWE. Plenty of other things to follow as a hobby and shows to watch on the many streaming services ou tthere.

In the immortal words of Sean Waltman (X-Pac) from 1998: “Put that in your pipe and smoke it”.

Sincerely,
-Mr. Tito

https://lordsofpain.net/mr-titos-final-pro-wrestling-column-20th-anniversary-celebration-at-lop-open-letter-to-the-wwe/

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Europaklassespieler

Bei TripleH/Michaels vs Undertaker/Kane dachte ich mir, da geht noch einer drauf bei einem Herzinfarkt. Mich langweilt diese Retrokacke einfach nur noch, mal ein Gastauftritt von Jake the Snake Roberts oder Stone Cold Steve Austin ist ja ok, aber die alte Garde im Main Event, wer ausser ein paar Saudis will das sehen. Wäre so, als wenn Mitte der 90'er Bruno Sammartino und Ivan Koloff im ME gestanden wären. Im Jänner dann bei Glory Scepter in Dubai Hulk Hogan/Goldberg vs Scott Hall/Diamond Dallas Page. 

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

ASB-Legende
Corto Maltese schrieb vor 39 Minuten:

Bei TripleH/Michaels vs Undertaker/Kane dachte ich mir, da geht noch einer drauf bei einem Herzinfarkt. Mich langweilt diese Retrokacke einfach nur noch, mal ein Gastauftritt von Jake the Snake Roberts oder Stone Cold Steve Austin ist ja ok, aber die alte Garde im Main Event, wer ausser ein paar Saudis will das sehen. Wäre so, als wenn Mitte der 90'er Bruno Sammartino und Ivan Koloff im ME gestanden wären. Im Jänner dann bei Glory Scepter in Dubai Hulk Hogan/Goldberg vs Scott Hall/Diamond Dallas Page. 

Ich verfolge Wrestling seit über 20 Jahren nicht mehr, hätte aber irgendwo gelesen, dass der Undertaker in Pension ging. Stimmt offenbar nicht. Der wird ja schon gefühlte 60 Jahre alt sein. :???:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

• 3 weeks later...
Posting-Maschine

Survivor Series anyone? An und für sich ein komplett unnötiger PPV. Das ganze RAW vs. SD Theater mit Team-internen Streitereien is doch schon komplett ausgelutscht. Letztendlich eine Sammlung an random Matches, in denen es um absolut gar nix geht. 

Charlotte - Rousey war eigentlich ganz ok, auch wenn dabei jede Logik fehlt. Der ganze PPV dreht sich ums Raw vs. SD, mit dem ganzen Theater die Wochen davor (Invasions,...) und dann kommt am Ende keiner auf die Idee, den Safe zu machen?

Von Lesnar - Bryan war ich auch eher positiv überrascht. Das war weit mehr, als man nach den letzten Jahren von Lesnar Matches gewohnt ist.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

free like a bird
DonFetzo schrieb am 4.11.2018 um 18:59 :

Ich verfolge Wrestling seit über 20 Jahren nicht mehr, hätte aber irgendwo gelesen, dass der Undertaker in Pension ging. Stimmt offenbar nicht. Der wird ja schon gefühlte 60 Jahre alt sein. :???:

53 ist er. Anscheinend, was man so hört und liest aber körperlich ein ziemliches Wrack.

Trotzdem ist er mittlerweile der einzige Grund warum ich mir dann doch ab und zu mal Wrestling anschaue. Weil er einfach Kult ist. 

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Surft nur im ASB
Segafredo schrieb vor 2 Stunden:

Survivor Series anyone? An und für sich ein komplett unnötiger PPV. Das ganze RAW vs. SD Theater mit Team-internen Streitereien is doch schon komplett ausgelutscht. Letztendlich eine Sammlung an random Matches, in denen es um absolut gar nix geht. 

Charlotte - Rousey war eigentlich ganz ok, auch wenn dabei jede Logik fehlt. Der ganze PPV dreht sich ums Raw vs. SD, mit dem ganzen Theater die Wochen davor (Invasions,...) und dann kommt am Ende keiner auf die Idee, den Safe zu machen?

Von Lesnar - Bryan war ich auch eher positiv überrascht. Das war weit mehr, als man nach den letzten Jahren von Lesnar Matches gewohnt ist.

+1

Das Raw vs. SD Konzept ist einfach nur langweilig und macht nicht wirklich Sinn -  besonders heuer wo der Build-Up ganze 2 Wochen gedauert hat. Die brandübergreifenden Matches wie früher haben mir da viel mehr zugesagt (besonders in Erinnerung ist mir da ein Team aus DX, den Hardys und CM Punk geblieben :v:).
Wenn man Survivor Series mit NXT Takeover vom Vortag vergleicht liegen da Welten dazwischen.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

• 2 weeks later...
Doena schrieb vor 34 Minuten:

War das dieswöchige RAW wirklich so schlecht dass es als das schlechteste aller Zeit benannt wurde ? :D

Falls ja muss ich es mir ja gleich anschauen

Hab ich auch so beiläufig mitbekommen. Ich bin sowas von draußen momentan, in naher Vergangenheit hat mich lediglich Bryan bzw. sein Turn und NXT interessiert. Der Rest ist überwiegend schwer zu ertragen. Abo ist bereits gekündigt, zum Royal Rumble werd ich das Ganze wieder aufleben lassen. ;)

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

• 1 month later...
Postinho

Anfang der Woche wurde die neue Wrestling Promotion "All Elite Wrestling" angekündigt, die zumindest auf Grund der Hintermänner die Nummer 2 Promotion in den USA werden sollte. Gründer ist Tony Khan, Sohn von Milliardär Shahid Khan (laut Forbes 6.3 Milliarden $ schwer, u.a. Besitzer der Jacksonsville Jaguars u. des Fulham FC; Tony Khan selber ist jeweils Vize-Vorsitzender des beiden Sportvereine). Von Wrestlingseite her die Schlüsselleute sind der "Elite" Teil des New Japan Stables "Bullet Club" (bis jetzt offiziell sind die Young Bucks, Cody Rhodes u. Hangman/Adam Page). Nächsten Montag soll eine Pressekonferenz mit mehr Details folgen. Interessant dürfte das Verhältnis von AEW u. NJPW sein, d.h. ob es eine Zusammenarbeit gibt oder nicht (New Japan verfolgt ja selber eine gewisse Expansionsstrategie in den USA, u.a. mit einer MSG Show am Wrestlemania Wochenende in Zusammenarbeit mit Ring of Honor).

The Elite haben letzten September für Schlagzeilen gesorgt, als sie eine Independent Show mit über 11.000 Zusehern veranstaltet hatten (zusätzlich zu den schon genannten Elite Wrestlern waren u.a. Kota Ibushi, Kazuchika Okada, Kenny Omega, Marty Scurll, Rey Misterio Jr., Penta El Zero, DDP, Jeff Jarrett, die Briscoe Brothers, Christopher Daniels u. Schauspieler Stephen Amell bei der Show aktiv).

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

• 2 weeks later...
Shock the system

NXT UK TakeOver Blackpool  :super::super::super:

Zwar nur 5 Matches, aber im Gegenzug zur WWE echt tolle Matches!!!

Hab vorher NXT UK nicht so regelmäßig verfolgt, aber das war gute Werbung für das Brand!

Spoiler

Mit über einer halben Stunde war der Main Event vielleicht auch schon ein bisschen zu lang ... Hatte auch das Gefühl das die 2 Jungs komplett ausgepowert waren und die 2 letzten Falls von der Ringecke Hoppalas waren uns so nicht gedacht waren. 

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag