Champions League Auswärts Fredl

ASB-Halbgott
mmh1 schrieb vor 13 Minuten:

Sitzen seit über 2 h im Bus, um die 35 km vom Hotel zum Stadion zu überwinden 

15729783442171989070285624549822.jpg

Mit der richtigen Musik, etwas Bier und ein paar Spielkarten können 2 Stunden auch sehr unterhalsam sein.

Aber im ernst, wünsch euch alles Gute, schreits für mich mit....

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Anfänger

Hello and greetings from Genk. 

As your upcoming CL away game is in Genk, I wanted to point out that our user forum has a fan guide for visiting fans at https://www.blauwwit.be/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4460 (you'll need to register at the forum). If it's wanted & appropriate, I can also paste the guide here, plus answer any questions. Good luck for those coming to Belgium!

From my side, I'm also interested in any tips for Naples. Naples will be my 10th European away trip after eg Vienna, Basel, Cork or Prague - and I've heard some horror stories from other visiting fans over the years:

1. Napoli hooligans will not only search confrontation with other ultras, they'll attack anyone. As a visiting fan, you will be "hunted" for your entire stay in the city.
  2. The transfer to the stadium is notoriously bad - public transportation & taxis are risky for your personal safety, and the organized bus shuttle is a mess (with visiting fans arriving either way too early or way too late). 
  3. The moment the shuttle buses drop you off after the game in the city is the highest risk moment of the whole trip - it is very likely that Napoli hooligans will use the darkness and the fact the police security ends to attack. 

So, did any of the above happen for you guys this week? 

Feel free to answer in German, my German is good enough to read, not to write. 

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Anfänger

One more thing about Naples I forgot to ask - the San Paolo stadium may be a legendary stadium, but it is supposedly also a real shithole these days. For the away fans, there is no catering and whatever you do, avoid the toilets at all cost. True?

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Kennt das ASB in und auswendig

I'm not really representative as I travelled by bus from Salzburg to Napoli and was alone in the city. So I was able to leave my jersey and scarves etc. in the bus (who was accessible for a short time before entering the stadium), didn't draw any attention to me and could leave the city directly after the game in our busses.

1) We where dropped off at the port, I took the Metro (sonsidered to be the most dangerous form of transportation) to Vomero and strolled through the city until we had to gather at the port again. I didn't see a single Napoli jersey the whole day. Other people in my bus who visited the city in full gear had no apparent problems. But that's maybe because Salzburg hasn't got any Ultras/Hooligans they can have a clash with.

2) Yes, you are absolutely right. I was pretty early at the meeting point and none of the policemen was able to talk English properly. You weren't allowed to take any beverages to the shuttle busses, the busses had no windows and the whole transfer took up to 2 hours (or even longer, @mmh1?). I was worried that some might get circulatory problems before we get there. Then I was 2,5 hours early. Yay!

3) Maybe @Lurker can talk about that one? We immediately left afterwards.

4) See for yourself:

image.png

A table set up between the endless stairs to the entry. Sparkling water and Pepsi to drink, Lay's and M&Ms to eat. That's it.

bearbeitet von CornO

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Kaiju
FraneBucan schrieb vor einer Stunde:

1. Napoli hooligans will not only search confrontation with other ultras, they'll attack anyone. As a visiting fan, you will be "hunted" for your entire stay in the city.
  2. The transfer to the stadium is notoriously bad - public transportation & taxis are risky for your personal safety, and the organized bus shuttle is a mess (with visiting fans arriving either way too early or way too late).

1. i was just dressed normal ans had no problems ( i always spoke german with my friends ). Just before the game at the garibaldi station 2 guys recognized us and asked me if i am salzburg. I was not sure what i should answer but finally i said yes. He waved us just a thumbs up and then they went away. 

Going to the stadium is easy ( but maybe risky if u wear scarfs or jersey of your team)

Going back was a little adventure. 

No trains or public transportation was aviable after the game. So we took a taxi. 7 people... 10euro each... For about 15min driving. But okay. He was driving like crazy. 110kmh at speed limit of 30. driving wrong side of the track. Red lights ignored. 

But we all arrived save and healthy at our apartment.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Postinho
FraneBucan schrieb vor 2 Stunden:
  3. The moment the shuttle buses drop you off after the game in the city is the highest risk moment of the whole trip - it is very likely that Napoli hooligans will use the darkness and the fact the police security ends to attack. 

1. We (4 Persons) walked through the old town - there wasn't a problem, but I wouldn't go there during nighttime - and i also wouldn't walk around the stadium...

2. Traffic is horrible. As our trip was organized by our club (in accordance to the police regulations) the Napoli-Police took a lot of our time... totally useless.

3. I'm sure, that it can be dangerous there - but we didn't experience anything like that.  - I think, it's because, we don't have Ultras in our Club.

FraneBucan schrieb vor 1 Stunde:

One more thing about Naples I forgot to ask - the San Paolo stadium may be a legendary stadium, but it is supposedly also a real shithole these days. For the away fans, there is no catering and whatever you do, avoid the toilets at all cost. True?

Pepsi, Water, Lays, M&Ms and Sandwiches..... that's it! They could have made much more money with us... but this catering is horrible...

The toilets are quite new.

When you're more than 500 acitve supporters, than you can be louder! than the Napoli-Fans!!!

As we're also gonna be your guests:

How is the Situation for us? (in Genk and in Hasselt?)

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Beruf: ASB-Poster
SchonLangeDabei schrieb am ‎04‎.‎11‎.‎2019 um 20:06 :

Mich würde ein Erfahrungsbericht sehr freuen, da ich ähnliches vorhabe.

Meine Sorge: Bei Auswärtsspielen wird ja üblicherweise im Stadion nur gestanden. Ein 10jähriger sieht dann ja so gut wie nichts?

Dann verfasse ich mal einen Tripreport speziell als Erfahrungsbericht an Auswärtsreisende mit Kindern:

Vorweg: Wie eh schon erwähnt war ich voriges Jahr mit meinem Sohn in Glasgow. Es war, wie auch die Reise nach Neapel, sein Geburtstagsgeschenk, da in Wiener Neustadt wohnend jeweils selbst organisiert und durchaus preisgünstig. Natürlich zum Preis der Absenz gewisser Annehmlichkeiten, denn wenn man die vom Verein organisierten Fanreisen mitmacht, landet man halt zu guten Zeiten in der richtigen Stadt, usw.

In meinem speziellen Fall wäre es aber ja auch mühsam, von WN nach Salzburg zu fahren, um von dort dann mit dem Fanflieger zu reisen, und die Reise war deutlich preisgünstiger als die von Verein organisierte.

Ich habe für uns, da es am Spieltag keinen passenden Direktflug von Wien nach Neapel gab, die Variante Flug Wien-Rom, Zug Rom-Neapel genommen. Die Kosten waren sehr überschaubar, als Frühaufsteher war auch der Flug um 6:15 von Schwechat kein Drama für uns. Um 12:30 kamen wir pünktlich in Neapel an. Ursprünglich hatten wir überlegt, das Youth League Spiel anzusehen, aber es wäre relativ mühsam gewesen, vom Bahnhof in dieses Stadion und anschließend ins Hotel zu kommen, weswegen wir uns für Pizza und Mittagsschlaf entschieden hatten. Wir sind um 03:30 aufgestanden, und es war klar, daß wir vor Mitternacht nicht ins Bett kommen würden, was speziell für einen 10Jährigen nicht so leicht ist.

Dann kamen die "Horrormeldungen", wie gefährlich es wäre, eigenständig ins Stadion zu gehen. @CornO hatte geschrieben, man käme durch die Polizeisperre nicht mehr durch, als ich ihn gebeten hatte, Flo Wöckl zu fragen, wann der letzte Shuttebus abfährt,... . Das in Verbindung mit dem offiziellen Schreiben der lokalen Polizei, der Tatsache, daß es keinen Fanmarsch gibt und man nur mit dem Shuttlebus ins Stadion fahren soll... Das hat mich dann schon etwas unrund gemacht im Sinne von "war das schon gescheit, hierher mit meinem Sohn zu reisen?". Ich wollte, da ich extra ein Hotel sehr nahe am Stadion gebucht hatte, nicht unbedingt öffentlich 45 Minuten zum Fantreffpunkt fahren, um dort den Shuttle zu nehmen, weswegen ich mich dann für ein Taxi zum San Paolo entschieden hatte. Dann aber war es mir doch zu blöd und ich habe an der Rezeption um deren Einschätzung gefragt, da ja wohl aufgrund der örtlichen Nähe öfter auswertige Fans dort übernachten würden. Die Antwort: Es sind keine Probleme zu erwarten. Daraufhin sind wir, auch weil wir früh dran waren und so dem großen Fanansturm ausgewichen sind, dachte ich, daß es wohl ungefährlich sein würde. Wir sind dann die 10-12 Minuten zum Stadion gegangen. Auf dem Weg dorthin haben wir nicht einen einzigen Menschen mit Napoli Dress oder Utensilien gesehen. Erst etwa 100m vor dem Stadion war eine Mutter mit Kind in Napolileiberln zu sehen. Die beiden haben eine Amel überquert und ich habe sie gefragt, wo der Auswärtssektor sei. Sie war extrem freundlich und sprach überraschend gut englisch, konnte uns somit den Weg in den Away Bereich gut schildern.

Vor dem Stadion dann: Massive Präsenz von Polizei und Security. Die letzten 50 Meter vor dem Stadion mussten wir 3x (!!!) die Ausweise herzeigen, damit der Name auf der Eintrittskarte mit dem Namen im Ausweis abgeglichen werden konnte! Das war echt lächerlich. Auch wenn ich die prinzipielle Kontrolle gut finde, aber es war wirklich so, daß es eine erste Polizeilinie gab, die die Kontrolle durchführte, 20 Meter dahinter dann eine zweite Polizeilinie, wobei die Beamten dort gesehen haben, daß die Kollegen 20m davor die Ausweise bereits kontrolliert hatten! Und einige Meter weiter, diesmal aber hatten wir eine Mauer hinter uns gelassen, weswegen kein Sichtbereich zu den beiden Polizeilinien vorhanden war, wurden wir nochmals nur durchgelassen, weil wir nachweisen konnten, daß der Name auf dem Ticket mit dem Namen im Ausweis übereinstimmte.

Die Personenkontrolle selbst war auch etwas eigenartig und eigentlich mau. Ich wurde nur am Rücken abgetastet, die Beine überhaupt nicht. Dafür musste ich meinen Schal vom Handgelenk nehmen um zu zeigen, daß unter dem Knoten keine Waffe vorhanden war. Vielleicht wurde da stichprobenartig immer anders kontrolliert, aber ganz ehrlich: Das war 2h vor Spielbeginn, und da waren keine Leute, die sich angestellt haben. Da hätte man schon genauer schauen können, wenn man gewollt hätte.

Anschließend dann das Drehkreuz. Der unglaublich nette Herr dort (ernst gemeint) sprach leider weder Deutsch, noch Englisch oder Französisch. Ich kann aber kein Italienisch. Er versuchte mir irgendetwas beizubringen, was unsere Schals betraf. Ich hatte einen umgebunden, mein Sohn zwei, jeweils ums Handgelenk. Er hat mit Händen und Füßen versucht, irgendwas kundzutun, und ich dachte, er wollte den EC-Schal, den ich am Handgelenk hatte (der schöne vom Vorjahr, ihr wisst, welchen ich meine) geschenkt haben. Da dieser Schal aber eigentlich meinem Sohn gehört und ich ihn mir für internationale Spiele immer ausleíhe, wollte ich den nicht hergeben. Irgendwann hatte ich dann den Verdacht, daß er vielleicht meinte, pro Person wäre nur ein einziger Schal erlaubt. Ich haben dann zwei Finger in die Luft gehoben, auf die Schals meines Sohnes gedeutet und mit den Fingern ein "Nein" Zeichen gemacht, worauf der Mann genickt hat. Daraufhin habe ich ein trauriges Gesicht gemacht und auf meinen Sohn gedeutet. Der Mann hat dann nur gelacht und uns weitergelassen. Im Nachhinein glaube ich, der wollte nur mitteilen, daß 2 Schals einer zu viel sei, aber er eh nicht so sei. Sehr freundlich, aber irgendwie eigenartig. Andererseits: Vielleicht war diese Interpretation auch falsch, denn es gibt ja auch Leute mit "Röcken aus Schals", und mindestens einen von ihnen sah ich im Stadion. Aber vielleicht hatte der Mann von der Security Angst, daß sich darunter kein weiteres Beinkleid befand. :)

Zum Stadion: So etwas zu beschreiben ist schwer. Man muß es erlebt haben, um es zu verstehen, sollte es aber besser eigentlich nicht erlebt haben. Nur so viel: Es ist wie das Happelstadion in 20 Jahren sein wird, wenn man Handwerkern verbietet, dort jemals wieder etwas zu machen. Einfach unglaublich, bei uns wäre es wohl gesperrt. Photos aus dem Bereich hänge ich an. Aber das wirrste: Wenn man mal die ersten Stufen zum Oberrang erklommen hatte, war man beim "Kiosk" und beim WC. Der Kiosk bestand aus 3 Tischen, die als "Pudl" fungierten, dahinter 2 sehr freundliche Männer, die Cola und Mineralwasser verkauften. Davon gibt es eh auch in Bildchen im Anhang. Daneben ein vielleicht 20m langer Gang zum Ausgang Oberrang (Bild 3). Diesen durfte man aber nicht benutzen! Stattdessen musste man gezählte 69 Stufen hinauf gehen, und von dort wieder hinunter, um dann dort zu sein, wo man gewesen wäre, wenn man diesen 20m Gang benutzen hätte dürfen. Für mich und meinen Sohn war das prinzipiell kein Problem (wenngleich es meinen Sohn 2x auf den Stufen hinunter geschmissen hat, weil diese scheinbar sehr rutschig waren. Mein Profil der Schuhe hat gegriffen, aber ich sah eine Frau, der das gleiche Missgeschick passiert ist). Was ich mir aber dachte: In Liverpool war ich mit meinem Vater, der 2 relativ frische Knieprothesen hat. Für den wäre das ein echter Kampf gewesen. Und wenn man dann mal aufs Klo musste: Wieder die Stufen hinauf und hinunter. Was für ein Schildbürgerstreich! Es konnte auch nicht daran liegen, daß dieser Gang etwa baulich zu gefährlich gewesen wäre, denn als wir das Stadion verlassen haben durften alle Fans durch den Gang gehen!

Zur Athomsphäre im Stadion: Man kann es sich so vorstellen wie das Pappelstadion, nur größer und leiser, weil in Mattersburg ab und zu die Bahn vorbei fährt. Im Ernst: So ein stimmungsloses Auswärtsspiel habe ich international noch nie erlebt. Vor Spielbeginn hat der Stadionsprecher die Aufstellungen bekanntgegeben. Bei der Heimmannschaft wurden die Nachnamen mitgeschrien. Dann rief der Stadionsprecher noch irgendwas, was wohl mit dem Spitznamen des Vereins zu tun hatte, und die Fans skandierten kurz etwas. Und das war´s dann aber auch schon. Null Stimmung! Dabei ist der Auswärtssektor sogar örtlich sehr nahe dem Bereich der Ultras! Aber selbst wenn wir mal ruhig waren, war von den Fans Napolis NICHTS zu hören. Vielleicht lag es an uns als Gegnern? Es mag sein, daß gegen Juve oder Liverpool dort eine Wahnsinnsstimmung herrscht, ich weiß es nicht. Aber was ich weiß: Gegen uns war es komplett stimmungslos. Freunde der Blasmusik haben in der Südstadt wohl mehr Freude an der lokalen Stimmung, jene, die die dortigen Trompetenbläser nervt könnten alternativ nach Neapel fahren: Die Stimmung ist in etwa ähnlich. Für mich war das eigentlich die größte Enttäuschung des Trips, denn ich genieße einfach die tolle Stimmung in den verschiedenen Stadien. Und natürlich werden südländische Fans mit dem Vorteil der Heißblütigkeit assoziiert. Jedenfalls für Neapel kann ich nach diesem Spiel sagen: Das ist definitiv nicht immer der Fall.

Nichts desto trotz: Aus Sicht des Vater-Sohn-Trips war es ein voller Erfolg. Ich genieße diese Reisen sehr, speziell weil  es wohl der letzte Trip für eine längere Zeit war. Nächtes Jahr kommt mein Sohn ins Gymnasium, und ich bin mir nicht sicher, ob dort eine Freistellung für 2 Tage anlässlich eines Fußballspiels so leicht möglich sein wird. Jedenfalls in der ersten Klasse wohl nicht. Wenn das Zeugnis in nach der ersten Klasse dementsprechend aussieht, wird es in der zweiten Klasse wohl kaum ein Problem darstellen, aber nächstes Jahr sehe ich uns eigentlich nicht bei einem Auswärtsspiel in der Gruppenphase.

Aber jeder, der mit dem Gedanken schwanger geht, so etwas mit einem Kind im VS-Alter zu machen: MACHT ES! Es zahlt sich absolut aus. Das ist etwas, was euch als "Vater-Kind-Team" niemand wegnehmen kann. Wie schon erwähnt war ich voriges Jahr mit meinem Sohn auch in Glasgow. Seit damals nimmt mein Sohn, egal zu welchem Spiel wir gehen, immer den Glasgow-Begegnungsschal mit, obwohl das der einzige seiner 10+ Schals ist, den ich bei dem Händler vor dem Stadion gekauft habe. Also einer von diesen "selbstgewebten" Schals. Irgendwann habe ich ihn gefragt, warum er den mitnimmt, und er meinte: "Der ist speziell, weil wir gemeinsam in Glasgow waren." Das war auch der Grund, warum er 2 Schals mithatte, die ja beim Eingang für Verwirrung sorgten: Glasgow-Begegnungsschal und Napoli-Begegnungsschal.

So eine Reise kostet natürlich etwas Geld, aber jetzt auch nicht so arg viel, daß es übertrieben wäre. Mich hat diese Reise, da individuell und früh gebucht, folgendes gekostet:

- 36,98 für die Flüge von Wien nach Rom

- 28,80 für die Bahntickets von Rom nach Neapel

- 70,98 für die Flüge von Neapel nach Wien

- 74 Euro für das Hotel inkl. Frühstück für uns

- (ich glaube) 100,-- für die beiden Eintrittskarten (bei Auswärtstickts gibt es keine Kinderermäßigungen)

Dazu hat man dann natürlich vor Ort auch noch Ausgaben, aber der ganze Trip hat mich wohl weniger als 400 Euro für uns beide gekostet. Auch wenn das nur 2 Tage waren, wenn das finanziell irgendwie drinnen ist, dann: Macht es! Es zahlt sich auf jeden Fall aus.

Generell würde ich aber, falls ihr es machen wollt und es mehrere Destinationen zur Auswahl gibt, wenn möglich auf der britischen Insel machen. Dort ist der Wert einfach aufgrund des Drumherums noch deutlich stärker gegeben.

Ach ja, noch etwas: Wenn ihr das mit eurem Kind macht, dann postet es zuvor hier. Euer Kind ist dann quasi fast ein Prominenter im Stadium. :D Nein, ernsthaft, ich fand es total nett, daß uns Leute angesprochen haben, weil sie von dem Trip aus dem ASB erfahren hatten. Hier tummeln sich echt nette Leute! War nett, euch kennengelernt zu haben!

@FraneBucanI´m not sure about the Quality of german-english translations via Google.

The quite long posting above is a trip report from my journey to Napels. The summary would be: Don´t be afraid of the local fans. There was massive police presence, which IMHO was compleltely unnecessary, both regarding the home and away fans. There was no problems walking to and from the stadium whatsoever. If you happen to make the trip: Don´t forget to bring some kind of ID to the stadium. There will be a name on your ticket, and for the first time ever I was asked to prove (actually three times!) that the ticket was exposed to my name.  

Regarding the stadium: It´s old and ruinous, and there was no athomsephere at all before and during the match. Even the Ultras from napoli seemed to be asleep most of the match, which I found quite disappointing.

Stadion1.JPG

Stadion2.JPG

Stadion3.JPG

Stadion4.JPG

Stadion5.JPG

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Postinho
Lurker schrieb vor 14 Minuten:

Vor dem Stadion dann: Massive Präsenz von Polizei und Security. ... 3x (!!!) die Ausweise herzeigen, .... erste Polizeilinie ....zweite Polizeilinie,

...Personenkontrolle selbst war auch etwas eigenartig und eigentlich mau. ....

Zum Stadion: ...... Diesen durfte man aber nicht benutzen! ..... Stufen hinauf gehen....Wieder die Stufen hinauf und hinunter. ....

So ein stimmungsloses Auswärtsspiel habe ich international noch nie erlebt. ..... war von den Fans Napolis NICHTS zu hören.

Ach ja, noch etwas: Wenn ihr das mit eurem Kind macht, dann postet es zuvor hier. Euer Kind ist dann quasi fast ein Prominenter im Stadium. :D

Danke, für deine Eindrücke!

Mir kam das einfach so vor: Die Polizei usw. wollte uns einfach nur frotzeln, bzw. müde/mürbe machen... es war eine Frechheit! was die mit uns aufgeführt haben!

Ebenso im Stadion, wie du geschrieben hast: Stiegen rauf - runter.... das muss absichtlich schlecht für die Gästefans gemacht sein.

Stimmung wirklich schlecht - leider wird von den Medien die Legende der tollen Atmosphäre (die auch in Liverpool schlecht war) am  Leben gehalten.

Das Stadion ist echt in einem desaströsen Zustand - jedoch cooler als die seelenlosen Standardarenen.

Ach, du warst das - wir sind eh ziemlich in eurer Nähe gestanden!

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Beruf: ASB-Poster
FraneBucan schrieb vor 3 Stunden:

Hello and greetings from Genk. 

As your upcoming CL away game is in Genk, I wanted to point out that our user forum has a fan guide for visiting fans at https://www.blauwwit.be/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4460 (you'll need to register at the forum). If it's wanted & appropriate, I can also paste the guide here, plus answer any questions. Good luck for those coming to Belgium!

From my side, I'm also interested in any tips for Naples. Naples will be my 10th European away trip after eg Vienna, Basel, Cork or Prague - and I've heard some horror stories from other visiting fans over the years:

Feel free to answer in German, my German is good enough to read, not to write. 

Your questions 1 and 2 were answered already by @CornO.  

Regarding 3: My son and I stayed at Hotel Cristina. I had quite some problems last year in Glasgow, where I tried to catch a taxi with my back then 9yr. old son somewhere close to the stadium. Therefore I decided to stay close to San Paolo this year. It´s an about 10 minutes walk from the hotel to the stadium. I didn´t have any problems at all. I strongly recommend this Hotel, it´s fair priced and quite ok. No hooligans to be seen on the way to and from the stadium. Actually: No fans at all to be seen. 

https://hotel-cristina-naples.hotel-naples.com/de/

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Anfänger

Thank you all for the replies. Naples seems a little less dangerous than I expected, great! The deplorable state of San Paolo is confirmed though - I especially liked the detailed stadium adventures of @Lurker and his son ;-)

As for your trip to Genk, you shouldn't expect any security concerns. There's a tiny fraction of Genk fans (maybe 100 people) who may get into fights from time to time, but to my knowledge this is always with other groups looking for fights, never "normal" fans. There is some animosity towards Red Bull and how your club exemplifies modern football, but nothing that would lead to confrontation.

I'm born and raised in Genk, but I'll be honest, it's a small and sleepy town. If you want to do some bar hopping with good beer & good atmosphere, I would advise staying in Hasselt or Maastricht. I'll paste the full fan guide below, but your biggest challenge will be getting to and from the stadium. Public transportation is extremely limited, so most visitors arrange taxis. Or your Supporter Liaison Officer might arrange buses to take you from & to Genk train station.   Our stadium is fairly compact, but at least it's sold out and there'll be a good atmosphere - better than in Napoli by the sound of it. Salzburg completely annihilated Genk in the first game, but there's always hope ;-)

Welcome to Genk – Fan Guide for Visiting Fans

A big welcome from the Genk fans to all of you visiting our club. Travelling to support your team is one of the joys of European football. Over the years, fans from Madrid, Stuttgart, Basel, Cork, Lille, Athens, London & Rome have all visited Genk. The fans at www.blauwwit.be have decided to create this fan guide to make a visit to Genk as enjoyable as possible.

Getting to Genk
If you need to fly to reach Genk, you can choose between different airports. Maastricht airport (MST), Liège airport (LGG) and Eindhoven airport (EIN) are closest, but typically have limited flight options. You’ll probably have more options flying to Brussels (BRU) or Brussels-South (CRL), but don’t forget about Dusseldorf (DUS) or Dusseldorf-Weeze (NRN). Especially NRN and CRL have decent low-cost options – if you can fly to either of those it’s likely to be the cheapest option. On the other hand, BRU has the easiest public transport connection as you can just hop on a train to get closer to Genk (train tickets at www.belgianrail.be, when traveling by group please consider a Go-Pass or Rail-Pass). Trains from all other airports listed above are likely to be more complicated & expensive compared to BRU.

Brussels is also a hub for international high-speed rail, such as the Thalys and Eurostar. Fans coming from France or England might consider that option. For fans traveling in from Germany or further East, the German ICE-network runs into Belgium as well, with Brussels and Liège as possible stops. Genk has a train station, as does Hasselt.
Reaching Genk by car is very easy: Genk is right next to the E314 highway, which connects to Brussels in the west or Aachen in Germany in the east (both Brussels and Aachen are 45-55 min away). Genk has two exits on the E314 (Exits 31 & 32) and both exits are fairly close to the stadium. Visiting fans are encouraged to use Exit 31 and follow the stadium signage.

Staying in Genk
Genk itself has 65.000 inhabitants, but is also a city spread over multiple villages or ‘cités’, an urban spread that goes back to the mining history of the city. This means that the actual city center of Genk is slightly less developed compared to what you would expect from a city this size. Unfortunately, for visiting fans, this means somewhat limited options when it comes to hotels and bars. Bars of note in Genk are Bierpunt (large selection of Belgian beers), Wonderbar, Rootsbar, De Waerd, Belgiek, Camargue & Bar Bistro Boulevard. For larger groups Het Stadscafé would be recommended, they have a sizeable indoor area as well as a large outdoor seating area, right in the middle of the city centre (ie, good meeting point).

There are 5 hotels in the city centre of Genk:
- M-Hotel (****)
- Green Hotel (***)
- Hotel Ecu (***)
- Carbon Hotel (****)
- Hotel 't Hert (**)

Despite a limited bar & hotel offering, the food options in Genk are pretty good – because of the mining history of Genk there are Belgian, Greek, Italian & Turkish restaurants aplenty. Especially the Italian cuisine in Genk is top notch. Great Italian restaurants in the city centre include La Botte, Dante, La Dolce Vita, Peppe's and Pastabar G&G. Great Greek restaurants are Olympia, Orestis, El Greco (all three of them on the Hoevenzavellaan), Pyrgos, Corfu and O Geros. Great Belgian restaurants are Het Gerechtje, Peper en Zout, Grand Café Relaxy, The Thrill and Kristalijn.

Staying in Hasselt
An alternative to Genk is staying at larger cities such as Brussels or Maastricht, but don’t discount Hasselt. Even though the size of Hasselt is similar to Genk, the city center is much more developed - all within walking distance. Hasselt has a larger offer of hotels for example, with popular choices in the city centre being:
- Holiday Inn Express (***)
- Holiday Inn (****)
- Yup Hotel (**)
- Hassotel (***)
- Radisson Blu Hotel (****)

Furthermore, Hasselt also has a brand new hostel (Hostel H) for the budget traveler, located right next to the train station.
Hasselt also has a much more vibrant nightlife. From one of Belgium’s best know clubs (Versuz) to beer pubs such as De Egel or Hemelrijck, Hasselt has a lot to offer for one or more party nights. For larger groups of fans, meeting and gathering at the Dusart Square is advised. There are a couple of pubs next to eachother (Koestal, Export & Vangogh) with a combined outdoor seating area that can take hundreds of fans. You'll have Belgian beer, it's easy to meet up and great for singing or having a party.
Hasselt also has about 50 good restaurants & snack bars to choose from – covering cuisines around the world. For larger groups, the following restaurants are recommended: The Century, Goei Goesting, Nostalgia, the Hassotel restaurant & Buon Eatalia.

Getting to the stadium
One of the biggest challenges you’ll face as a visiting fan is actually getting to the Genk stadium (address: Stadionplein, Genk). There is almost no public transportation to speak of to and from the stadium, and walking from Genk city centre will take you over an hour. The club has addressed this by installing 5 bus lines to the stadium during almost all games (€3 bus ticket), but these lines comprise of just one bus. For example, for a 21h game, there will be one bus passing the Dusart Square in Hasselt at 19h30 you can grab. It will leave at the stadium again at 23h30, dropping you off at the same Dusart Square at midnight. More information on these bus lines can be found here http://www.krcgenk.be/nl/faq/1/bereikbaarheid (in Dutch).

Almost all Genk fans have organized their transport privately, either by car-pooling or by hiring bus coaches. Some visiting fans (eg those from Cork) have been known to hire a local bus coach themselves, to pick them up in Hasselt and return them after the game (cost per person is believed to be €15).
Some local bus coach companies:
• Jacobs Transport
• De Zigeuner Transport
• Kroon Reizen
• Heidebloem Autocars

For smaller groups, pre-arranging a taxi is strongly advised. The below companies typically also have minivans for groups up to 8 people. There is no Uber coverage in Genk, so please work with a local taxi company such as:
• Taxi V-cab
• Taxi Peters
• Taxi Midden-Limburg
• Axi Taxi
• Taxi HTM
• HGT Taxi

Beware, there are almost no pubs (or even buildings) around the stadium (De Kring, a pub, is in the vicinty of the stadium and the only notable exception to this), the Genk stadium is in a fairly remote location. Plan to be in the stadium for the game, but apart from the Goalmine museum and the club shop there is no reason to plan for any extra time in or around the grounds.

When larger groups of fans have visited Genk in the past (eg Stuttgart, Basel & Rapid Vienna), local law enforcement has decided to offer bus transportation from a central location to the stadium & back - for example from and to the Genk train station. It is unclear which rules apply to have this sort of free, organized bus transport kick in - it will be up to your club & fan federation to apply for this treatment.

At the stadium
The Genk stadium (which is currently called the Luminus Arena under a sponsor agreement) officially holds 23.718 people. Maximum capacity for European games is slightly lower because the terraces behind the south goal are converted to a seating section. The stadium dates back to the former André Dumontstadion but has been completely rebuilt in different phases between 1999 and 2007. By Belgian standards, it is one of the nicest stadiums in the country.
The away section is behind the north goal and (for small amounts of traveling fans) only comprises Section AA, an all-seating area with a capacity of around 450 seats. For larger groups, the similarly sized Section A (right underneath Section AA) will also be made available. For very large groups, the away section can be expanded to also contain Corner Club 3&4, for a total away capacity of just under 1.500 seats. The size of the away section will depend on club negotiations. Ticket prices for this away section vary between €20 and €50 - KRC Genk has a policy of asking exactly the same amount to visitors as the prices Genk fans have to pay for their away game. Typically tickets for the away section can NOT be bought at the stadium but are sold exclusively through the visiting club.

A few words about mixing with the home fans. Typically, the Genk fans are friendly and will tolerate visiting fans in and around the stadium - especially when everyone behaves respectfully. Sadly, the tradition of 'mixing fans' is slowly disappearing in Belgium (most games in Belgium require police-escorted group travel and ban individual travel). In many cases travelling European fans will have some freedom on whether they want to mix with the home fans or not before or after the game, but local law enforcement will always default to fan separation. For example, if your fan federation is offered free bus travel to and from the stadium, these buses will typically drive into a totally secluded parking area behind the away section and you will be required to stay in this separate section before, during & after the game.

As of August 2016, the Genk stadium is officially smoke-free, although this is hardly enforced. The beer served at the stadium is typically the excellent Cristal beer (€2,20 for 30cl). In the stadium, free WiFi is available.

What to do in Genk/Hasselt
Obviously you’re coming over for a game of football and between the drinking, partying, cheering & (some) sleeping you might not have any ‘spare time’. If you do book additional days on your trip, the Belgian cities of Bruges, Antwerp, Brussels & Ghent are very popular choices, but they are also hours away. Instead, why not try something local?
For example C-Mine in Genk is a converted coalmine which acts as a culture & tourism hub for Genk. From exhibitions to guided tours and a real ‘C-Mine Expedition’, one can easily spend half a day here. C-Mine is about 4 kilometres from the stadium. The Genk stadium itself also has one specific and popular museum called Goalmine, showing the history of the club.
Hasselt itself is popular for shopping (from fashion to food) but when you’re with a bunch of blokes there might be one specific museum of interest, the Jenever Museum. Jenever is a juniper-based grain spirit and very typical for Hasselt. This museum will give you an overview of jenever distilling across centuries, and a chance to try out some different flavours. Apart from jenever, Hasselt is also known for fashion, and therefore the Hasselt Fashion Museum might also be worth a visit.
Between Hasselt and Genk, one can also find Bokrijk, Belgium's biggest open air museum (open from April to October). Bokrijk offers a unique view into life in the 18th & 19th century - and is one of the most visited attractions in Belgium.

Feel free to use this guide and post it on other fan forums, but please always credit the source as www.blauwwit.be. Blauwwit.be is the biggest unofficial Genk fan forum - visiting fans are always welcome here in case of questions.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Kennt das ASB in und auswendig
mmh1 schrieb vor 1 Stunde:

Mir kam das einfach so vor: Die Polizei usw. wollte uns einfach nur frotzeln, bzw. müde/mürbe machen... es war eine Frechheit! was die mit uns aufgeführt haben!

Den Eindruck hatte ich auch. Ewig lange Wartezeiten, ewig lange nichts zu trinken, ewig lange Stiegen... ich hab mir 30 Minuten vor Ankick gedacht, dass ich gerade lieber auf der Couch liegen würde. Da kann mir keiner mein Bier vorenthalten! :D

FraneBucan schrieb vor 17 Minuten:

I'm born and raised in Genk, but I'll be honest, it's a small and sleepy town. If you want to do some bar hopping with good beer & good atmosphere, I would advise staying in Hasselt or Maastricht.

Big thanks in advance to your club, who already took care of that. The party train is gonna go to Hasselt! :aufdrogen:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Postinho
CornO schrieb vor 5 Minuten:

The party train is gonna go to Hasselt! :aufdrogen:

1.075 Tickets sollten theoretisch für uns zur Verfügung stehen. Wär cool, wenn wir dieses Kontingent voll ausschöpfen würden!

Plätze im Zug sind noch verfügbar! Also bitte motivierts euch + eure Spetzln und fahrts mit! (oder fahrts selbst :D )

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag