#14 - Dominik Szoboszlai

ASB-Legende
Axelsim schrieb vor 1 Stunde:

Today Dominik's agent (Matyas Esterhazy) gave an interview to "Nemzetisport" which I find really interesting. Buckle up cause it's a longer one...:

Everyone is interested in only one thing: where Dominik's path leads to?

We still don't know, you can believe me. For now. Luckily we have several options, but the Corona-break shuffled things massively. There are a lot of leagues which are still under way and we still don't know which teams will capture EL/CL positions. These informations are really important to make any decision.

Dominik got the award of best player of the season on Sunday. What did you feel when you heard the news?

Happiness, and huge motivation that we should keep going on the road which we stepped upon.

Just like Dominik would say...

Look, we talk a lot. He was thirteen when we met and since then we got really close. Besides football stuffs it makes me really happy that I witness him growing up, getting more mature as ever and to become an internationally acclaimed footballer on and off the pitch. We got through a lot together. We are planning his journey consciously and we can promise one thing: this will continue.

After the Corona break we saw a Dominik who completely changed and played on a different level.

Yes, he changed a lot. He has grown up, became more mature and he can make decisions more consciously. He was aware of his talent before but now he also realized what he needs to do to perform on the highest level. He realized that every plus hour of work is rewarded in matches and he can play with a big smile on his face which means the most to him.

How can an agent help in this case?

I cannot train instead of him. Just before lockdowns we hired Shane Tusup (info: he is an American swimming coach, former coach of 3-time Olympic champion Katinka Hosszu) who helped Dominik to reach better fitness level+controlled nutrition plan+improving the quality of rest and regeneration. There were a lot of individually planned trainings and practices which he has done during the break.

And how were the results?

In Salzburg after every training sessions and matches the fitness results can be seen. Since the Bundesliga restarted Dominik was always leading the board. What a feedback for all the plus work. Even his coach mentioned this at his press conference. Dominik understood that he has everything which could lead him to Europe's bests. Now I can tell that due to this change in his mentality it is already within reach.

He has grown up. What do you mean exactly?

Dominik realizes that a lot of young boys look up to him and he does not takes it for granted. He is aware of its responsibilities that someone sees you as a role model. Now big teams are interested in Dominik, but obviously it is not entitled to everyone. His father worked long extra hours with him since he was four. Enormous amount of work which could anyone could do after him. Then talent comes in the picture which someone has to be born with, but without work talent means nothing. There was a turning point when he did not get much chances under Marco Rose and we came close to make a change to somewhere else. Dominik was the one who decided to stay and face the difficulties. He sat down with his coach and said he is not running away and he will keep on working more and more until he gets into the team, because he wants to play here. I think Marco Rose valued this moment very much because after that he became a part of the first team. With this I'd just like to picture that a carreer holds a lot of difficulties which you have to overcome. Only those can be really succesfull who are willing to sacrifice everything to reach their goals. Dominik is ready for this.

Napoli, Milan, Leipzig, Lazio, Arsenal. We hear some news almost everyday. What is the current status?

The league has just ended and until now Dominik did not think about any transfer news surrounding him. Now he will rest for two weeks which is well deserved. After that we will sit down together to talk through his future. We will take all the options into account and make the best possible decision. The most important factor is regular playtime, but right now I feel like there is no place where he wouldn't get the chance to play in the first team. He has a unique personality who values moments when he is under pressure and doesn't run away from big opportunities. We fully believe in his abilities.

We've heard you just came from the airport. Where were you?

Since travel restrictions were resolved I'm always on the way... Came from Spain just now.

source: http://www.nemzetisport.hu/legiosok/esterhazy-matyas-nincs-olyan-hely-ahol-szoboszlai-eselytelen-lenne-a-csapatba-kerulesre-2771581

I hope you will remain with us even if Szobo decides to leave RBS.  Perhaps you can then focus on Csaba ? 

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Banklwärmer
Rainman80 schrieb vor 18 Minuten:

I hope you will remain with us even if Szobo decides to leave RBS.  Perhaps you can then focus on Csaba ? 

Yeah, for sure. :) Got really attached to this club, hopefully Csaba or any of the young Hungarian guys can make the first team of Salzburg once. Szobo is something else though. Got through these steps so quickly which shows that he's kinda a different caliber. Wouldn't have mind if he stayed, but also understand the change of course.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

ASB-Halbgott
Hung like Hodor schrieb Gerade eben:

Gehalt im Vergleich zu Haaland mehr als lächerlich, kann ich mir nicht vorstellen, schon garnicht wenn Vereine wie Arsenal oder PSG tatsächlich mitbieten sollten.

1,5 Mio pro Jahr plus Boni, die wahrscheinlich nicht sehr viel weniger ausmachen als das Jahresgehalt, sind wirklich lächerlich für einen 19jährigen Ballspieler. :augenbrauen:

P.S.: Ich weiß schon, wie du es gemeint hast.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Kennt das ASB in und auswendig
SchonLangeDabei schrieb vor 35 Minuten:

1,5 Mio pro Jahr plus Boni, die wahrscheinlich nicht sehr viel weniger ausmachen als das Jahresgehalt, sind wirklich lächerlich für einen 19jährigen Ballspieler. :augenbrauen:

P.S.: Ich weiß schon, wie du es gemeint hast.

Wahrscheinlich sind die 1,5 Mio netto, ist in Italien üblich es so anzugeben, da es ja für ausländische Profis steuerbegünstigte Konditionen gibt (siehe Hakimi). Trotzdem glaub ich nicht, dass man Szobo für so ein Gehalt bekommt, 19 Jahre hin oder her.

Boni in der Dimension eins Jahresgehalts kann ich mir offen gestanden nicht vorstellen.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag