Terrence Boyd

htafcfan

Anfänger

Hi, Huddersfield Town fan posting for the first time

If the German press is to be believed, Terrence Boyd is set to sign a 2.5 year deal from RB Leipzig. I notice he had a good spell with you in goal scoring terms and wondered what you're opinions on him were? What type of striker can we expect?

Hopefully he will be able to put his injuries behind him and recapture the form he showed while in Austria. 

How would you say the Austrian Bundesliga compares to the English Championship in terms of standard? 

Thanks 

bearbeitet von htafcfan

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

"Meltweister" Copyright Michael Krammer
htafcfan schrieb vor 4 Minuten:

Sorry. It looked like a blue and white scarf which are the colours of HTAFC but I have just realised that it is purple and I'm assuming linked with Anderlecht. 

Wenn es Anderlecht wäre, haha _Pariasek_

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

V.I.P.

Boyd is a Target Man with outstanding heading-quality. Further he is physically very strong and his character on the pitch is also very good. But his passing and deibbling is absolutely shocking. Sadly he was very injury prone in the past and he did not get much game time. I think he needs some more time until he is fully fit. For Rapid he scored around 20 goals per season in all competitions. The English style of football should fit him, especially headers from long balls.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

ASB-Legende
htafcfan schrieb vor 20 Minuten:

What type of striker can we expect?

A powerful, straight-forward finisher. Get the ball to him in the box and he'll most likely put it away with his first touch.

On the downside, he lacks ball handling skills and his aggressiveness earned him some unnecessary bookings.

htafcfan schrieb vor 36 Minuten:

How would you say the Austrian Bundesliga compares to the English Championship in terms of standard? 

The Championship is definitely on a higher level. I'd rank our Bundesliga is somewhere between Championship and League One.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Anfänger
sulza schrieb vor 15 Minuten:

Boyd is a Target Man with outstanding heading-quality. Further he is physically very strong and his character on the pitch is also very good. But his passing and deibbling is absolutely shocking. Sadly, he did not get much time. I think he needs some more time. For fast he scored around 20 goals per season in all competitions. The English style of football should fit him, especially headers from long balls.

We are one of the best passing teams in the division. Our style is modelled on Dortmund as we have David Wagner as manager. What we lack is a plan B and often have to put central defenders up front for the last 10 minutes when chasing a goal. I think this is where Boyd will come in handy but not sure how well he will fit in when starting games if his passing and dribbling is as bad as you say

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Chivalry is not dead...

First at all, I wanted to wish uuuh you and all people in Wussia Mewwy Qwuissmes.

12924592_937389499643737_313147343195954

On a more serious note, the leagues are comparable, although yours seems to be a tad more lucrative these days... I'm sure you'll have fun with Boyd, I'd take him back this instant...

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

V.I.P.
sulza schrieb vor 40 Minuten:

Boyd is a Target Man with outstanding heading-quality. Further he is physically very strong and his character on the pitch is also very good. But his passing and deibbling is absolutely shocking. Sadly he was very injury prone in the past and he did not get much game time. I think he needs some more time until he is fully fit. For Rapid he scored around 20 goals per season in all competitions. The English style of football should fit him, especially headers from long balls.

Dachte du kannst kein englisch??

ton1z schrieb Gerade eben:

Dachte du kannst kein englisch??

Oder hast du es in kurzer zeit gelernt

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Postinho

That's boyd as i remember him (all happened within 1 attack / 30 sek!)

After leaving rapid he was having some serious injuries. So hope he again finds his strenght and he can definitely be of help for most teams. 

He will definitely always give100% for the team and fight till the end. But for his very physical game he needs a strobg body! So get him fully fit in the first place and you will have a great striker!

bearbeitet von Woody

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Gast
htafcfan schrieb vor 12 Stunden:

We are one of the best passing teams in the division. Our style is modelled on Dortmund as we have David Wagner as manager. What we lack is a plan B and often have to put central defenders up front for the last 10 minutes when chasing a goal. I think this is where Boyd will come in handy but not sure how well he will fit in when starting games if his passing and dribbling is as bad as you say

In Boyd's last season, we used to be the best passing team in our league as well with at least 60% possession every game. So he can definitely play in such a system. It is true that his passing and dribbling is not the best, I wouldn't call it terrible though. Maybe it was terrible in his first season with us, but the progress he made in that area was quite remarkable. He is a player that continuously works on his weaknesses and puts in a lot of effort. 

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

I've seen better days
Woody schrieb vor 2 Stunden:

Bist narrisch, kömma bitte die geile Sau Boyd und Trimml-Boy zurückholen.  :heul:  ich vermisse diese/solche Typen die sich bis zum letzten reinhauen.  

( oder mit dem Otto Waalkes Übersetzer:

there i go crazy, please bring back that hot pig Boyd and the trimmel boy. i miss such guys so very much, they fight till the very end. ) 

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag