Thanks!

toddy0011

Anfänger

First of all, I am sorry because I do not speak German. Apologies.

I am a Northern Ireland fan and just wanted to come on here and say thank you to all your supporters.

We had a great time in Vienna and you were all very friendly - I look forward to returning again soon.

Cheers!

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Ostblock? Geil!
Thanks for a lot of brutal fouls and for the red card, which means that Pogatetz will not play the EM 2008 in Austria.  :winke:

848950[/snapback]

Shut up

He talks about the fans, and not about the green monsters on the pitch :D

ffreee ireland

bearbeitet von Schlumpfjäger

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Dennis Peck...

Hi buddy!

It was a tough match, which we won. For many Austrians, myself included, the match was too rough and the squad from Northern Ireland treated our players rather harshly.

I think that Northern Ireland played a good tournament and perhaps we will all see this team rise again. I still remember the great Northern Irish team from the early 80's with greats like Pat Jennings, Norman Whiteside and Sammy McIllroy. If my memories serves my correctly, Whiteside has been the youngest player ever to appear in a World Cup. ('86 in Mexico) But perhaps one of the all time greats has played for the team you like to cheer: GEORGE BEST! An all-time great, who will never be forgotten.

Perhaps our two teams will clash again in the near future. Good look in all you do and the best wishes for you and your local team.

Finally I'd like to ask you, if you know some online shops, where the Northern Ireland home and away jersey can be obtained.

Cheers!

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Anfänger

Yeah we have had many great players in the past and qualified for 3 World Cups - we're actually the smallest ever country to qualify! (In terms of population size). Our current team is obviously nowhere near as good as those great teams - however, there have been some positive signs for us. Obviously, the 1-0 victory over England was a highlight!!! :clap::D

I honestly don't think the game was that rough - we try to be physical. However, I have not watched the game on video...and had quite a few beers before the match, so my judgment may have been slightly blurred!! ;)

You should be able to purchase shirts online at: www.jjbsports.com

The shop on the Irish FA site is offline at the moment

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag