Liverpools Summer Signings

Pass And Move - It's The Liverpool Groove
Miquel Roque from Lleida

Liverpool have swooped to sign Spanish youngster Miquel Roque from Segunda Division outfit Lleida.

The 16-year-old has enjoyed a meteoric rise at the Catalan club this term having begun the season in the second youth team.

He subsequently forced his way into Lleida's first-team squad and his potential did not go unnoticed by Rafa Benitez who maintains a close eye on the Spanish market.

Benitez invited the teenager to Anfield for a trial some weeks back and saw enough to put a permanent deal in place.

Roque did attract scouts from both Barcelona and Real Madrid, but Liverpool moved quickly to secure his signing and he will now continue his development with the reserve team at Anfield.

The youngster expressed his excitement at the opportunity and insists he had no thoughts about turning it down, even if his Lleida team-mates initially thought it was a joke.

"When my representative told me I thought it was a joke," he stated.

"When they tell you scouts from Barca or Madrid have come it's more normal and within reason, but when it's Liverpool, it's hard to imagine.

"It's a great opportunity for me. Everyone who likes football dreams about something like this and I can't let the chance pass.

"When I told them (my team-mates) they did not believe me, they thought I was having a joke and I had to tell them four or five times before they took me seriously."

Roque revealed he had enjoyed the time he spent at Anfield earlier in the campaign and is confident he can adapt to life in England.

"The experience (at Anfield) was good because the first-team players there are close to reserves and there is constant contact between them," he continued.

"What's more they use them because there are many competitions to play.

"Living in Liverpool will not be like living in Lleida, but I am ready for it."

skysports.com

Weiss leider absolut nichts über den Kerl... Ist aber ein Innenverteidiger.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

• 1 month later...
Pass And Move - It's The Liverpool Groove

Skysports.com understands that Liverpool have succeeded in hijacking Everton's move for Valencia star Mohamed Sissoko.

The Mali international midfielder had seemed poised to join Everton after The Toffees had thrashed out a €7.4 million deal with their Spanish counterparts.

Sissoko was preparing to fly to Goodison Park to put the finishing touches to the deal, but, as had been predicted in some quarters, Liverpool have sneaked in and trumped their Merseyside rivals with a counter-offer.

Rafa Benitez is a confirmed admirer of the 20-year-old having signed him for Valencia two years' ago from Auxerre.

The Reds boss submitted an €8 million offer for the African and Sissoko has decided that a move to Anfield is more appealing. Wen wunderts :D.

His agent Jose Segui confirmed the news, telling skysports.com: "Valencia have taken the decision (to sell to Liverpool) and Momo is happier now."

Sissoko is expected to sign a four-year contract with Liverpool and should arrive in England early next week for a medical.

skysports.com

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Superkicker

Die Transferpolitik von Liverpool kann einem nur am Keks gehen. Das sage ich als Spanienfan, denn was will Benitez? FC Liverpolado Espanol??

Aber gut Liverpool wird so und so kein Meister, wenn schon hoffe ich Arsenal oder Newcastle, da werde ich aber leider falsch liegen :-(

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Im ASB-Olymp
Die Transferpolitik von Liverpool kann einem nur am Keks gehen. Das sage ich als Spanienfan, denn was will Benitez? FC Liverpolado Espanol??

Naja, er holt halt vorwiegend Leute, die er sehr gut kennt, mehr nicht. War ja damals bei Barcelona und van Gaals Holländern zum Beispiel genauso, ist also irgendwie normal.

Und wenn Liverpool um (eindeutig zu) viel Geld den spanischen Fussball von einem Antikicker wie Sissoko erlöst, kann man ihnen doch nur dafür danken. :D

bearbeitet von chinomoreno

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag