Trezeguet lobt Milan

Djet

Parma nel cuore!

Trez: Milan are the best

Juve hero David Trezeguet admits that Milan play the better football and reveals the nature of the rare virus that ruled him out for several weeks.

“The Rossoneri are on stunning form,” he told French newspaper L’Equipe. “They play great football, better than we do at the moment.”

Both sides are currently topping the Serie A standings and qualified for the Champions’ League quarter-finals by eliminating giants Real Madrid and Manchester United.

“Milan seem more confident and relaxed in their own system,” continued the Bleus hitman. “If the two starting line-ups are on a par, their bench is of decidedly higher quality.”

Having said that, it was Juve benchwarmer Marcelo Zalayeta who proved crucial on Wednesday with the late winner against Madrid, while Gianluca Pessotto filled in for the injured Pavel Nedved.

Trezeguet also gave an intriguing insight into Fabio Capello’s Coaching technique in spurring his players on to such a determined performance.

“When I came off the bench on Wednesday night, Capello did not give me any precise pointers or tactical rules. He just told me that I had to make sure Juve qualified.”

He followed that indication to the letter, scoring the goal that took the tie to extra time, but he had missed out the first leg altogether after being struck down with flu-type symptoms.

“During the week I was just exhausted,” explained Trez. “I would train and then be sick, going home with a high temperature. I had a blood test every two days, but nobody could figure out what was wrong with me. Eventually a virologist identified a rare virus I had contracted and gave me the right treatment.”

Football Italia

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Fuck Yeah

SEEDORF: 'Trezeguet is right, we are stronger'

3/13/2005

MILAN - Clarence Seedorf commented ironically on some recent statements by David Trezeguet. The Dutchman said: ’Did Trezeguet maintain that we are stronger and have a more competitive squad than Juventus? He is right but it doesn't mean that we will certainly win. A play-off between Juve and Milan? I don't think it will take place.'

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag